Servicing Long Island & The Tri State Area

At Soulful Sounds, we believe great music is critical for a successful affair. We have an experienced staff who are are extremely passionate about entertainment and know how to keep your party going. Contact our office and let us make your vision a reality.

Disco, Hip-Hop, Pop, R&B, Latin

Ceremony, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

Wheatley Heights, NY (718) 712-8339

Reviewed on 7/01/2017 Lloyd P

Amazing!!! Jeff is amazing at making your vision come to light. He and his staff are truly professionals and extremely skilled. Very grateful for this vendor!

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 John B

Soulful Sounds is the only option for DJ and MC for your wedding or event. From start to finish they were nothing but fun, easy to work with, and utmost professionals. They took the time to ensure we had an amazing wedding day. Every single one of our guests couldn't stop... Read More talking about how great and energetic they were. They have done almost all my families weddings as well and we wouldn't have it any other way. Need a DJ? Book Soulful Sounds, like, yesterday. Seriously, go ahead. What are you waiting for?! Thanks again for a great day!

Reviewed on 6/17/2017 Mo K

Jeff was the absolute best he was more than just a DJ/ MC. He managed to control the entire reception, including making sure me and my bride ate despite being pulled and pushed in every direction. He had the crowd moving from the moment the bridal party entered for the... Read More reception. He was attentive before and during our big day and allowed everything to be handled smoothly. He listened to our requests and the music was exactly as how we envisioned. If you are looking for your day to be perfect definitely stick with soulful sounds. Customer service is extremely important to me-I mean extremely, so when I leave a review praising someone-it is because they truly stood out. I highly recommend soulful sounds for any of your events.

Reviewed on 12/15/2016 Alicia H

No need to shop around... book them! He is professional; plus an amazing host and DJ. If you want a killer party, Soulful Sounds is your vendor. Not only did he immediately get my guests out of their seats and on the dance floor; he made sure all of our needs were met and we... Read More stayed on task. Everyone loved Jeff and his team. I will be booking them for all of my future events!

Reviewed on 11/05/2016 Kiah S

My husband was in charge of choosing the DJ and I could not have done a better job myself. From the first meeting, we both felt that Jeff was the perfect choice for us! Our families are religious and kind of dry. Our friends are super fun and love to dance. He knew the perfect... Read More mix to please everyone and he did it so professionally. We even had a couple of special (read: crazy) family members who constantly bothered him for the mic but he handled it so well! We're sorry Jeff lol. I would definitely recommend him and I would definitely hire him again for other parties!! Many of my friends even asked for his info and raved about him. Thank you Jeff! We had a blast.

Reviewed on 8/10/2016

Jeff and his assistant were professional and accommodating from the beginning. As a DJ myself, I knew exactly the planning and preparation he did to ensure that our day went perfect. We would highly recommend Soulful Sounds for any event.

Reviewed on 8/07/2016 Charaun B

I chose Soulful Sounds as my DJ for my wedding on May 29, 2016. Jeffrey was an expert and flexible throughout the entire process. I was having trouble finding the perfect DJ, and a month before the wedding I came across Soulful Sounds website. I sent out an inquiry and Jeff got... Read More back to me the same day. He asked me a few questions so that he could get an idea of the type of music I was looking for. I didn't have to tell him much for him to come up with a playlist that had my wedding guest on the dance floor all night, which was exactly what I wanted. He was early the day of the wedding, very professional, he interacted with the crowd, and had everyone up and out of their seats. He made sure to check with me and my husband during the reception to ensure we were ready for things like the bouquet and garter toss, the cutting of the cake, and any wedding games we had planned. He catered to me and my husband's needs. I am so happy I chose Soulful Sounds as my DJ. My guests are still talking about how great they were and it's been 2 months since my wedding. If you choose to hire them as your DJ, you will NOT be disappointed!

Reviewed on 8/03/2016 Shardae B

Soulful Sounds team was absolutely amazing at our wedding. Jeff who was the point of contact was so attentive to every detail, and helped us figure out a lot of the small details we never even thought of. Jeff was always available to help us and went above and beyond with our... Read More photo booth. He kept our guests on the dance floor all night and our guests really enjoyed him being the dj. Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 7/02/2016

I have been to many functions where Soulful Sounds were used and have never been disappointed! ! ! The lighting BEAUTIFUL !! The k ow how to keep a party going and engaged with the crowd so well.. I would use their services anytime! ! Very professional. .

Unforgettably Happy

Reviewed on 1/21/2016

Soulful Sounds was my husband's choice when the search for music for our wedding began, despite my concerns of the price possibly taking us well pass our budget.I was very skeptical and had no idea of why he had to choose someone we knew nothing of. Once Jeff came to our home... Read More with his presentation of what he would be able to offer us, two people who have never done anything like this before, we were sold. Here it is three years later and every one of my guest still talk about my DJ far more than my dress or the food (which were both wonderful as well). One of better choice on that blessed day of ours. Thank you.

2016-01-21T15:02:53 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much. We really appreciate your honesty. Our goal is to create an event that your family and friends will talk about for years to come. It is so nice to hear we succeeded.

Soulful Sounds did an amazing job!

Reviewed on 12/12/2015 Kim A

Soulful Sounds is great at what they do. They got the party started at my wedding right away. Everyone was on the dance floor all night. My husband, family, and I highly recommend them. My husband’s family used them multiple times and they always gave everyone a great night.... Read More Jeff and his team worked with us closely and made sure they incorporated music we wanted and everything else we asked of them. If you want to have an amazing night, I would use them. They will make it one to remember!

excellent dj for any occasion

Reviewed on 10/11/2015 Dorraine H

Soulful sounds Provided excellent Choices of music for my wedding. They were very professional and accommodating. They kept my guests on the dance floor the entire night. My guests still talk about how much fun they had and commended the dj. I was very happy on my wedding day.

Fantastic! Simply THE BEST!

Reviewed on 8/27/2015 Erica F

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Jeff and his team! Hands down the best. The music was always where it needed to be. His team was great to work with, true professionals. Everyone loved the music, the cool floor display and the non stop display of photos! His MC skills... Read More kept the whole day running smooth and kept the dance floor packed. We were truly blessed to have Soulful Sounds at our wedding! Thank you again and see you at our next event!

Reviewed on 8/14/2015

I first used Soulful Sounds for my wedding in 2011. My fiance googled African American djs and after looking on their websites,we decided to call and set up an appointment to meet Jeff. He came to our home and we went over all the details of what he does and what we wanted and... Read More we booked him on the spot. On our special day, Jeff was professional and kept everyone on the dance floor. One of our guest booked him for her wedding the following year. Fast forward to July 2015 and I called on Soulful Sounds again for my parents 50th wedding anniversary party. Once again, Jeff and his staff did not disappoint. This time we booked a photographer and videographer with Jeff. The music, pictures and video were perfect. I would definitely use his services again and highly recommend to my friends and family.

Awesome DJ/MC

Reviewed on 7/12/2015 Diana D

Working with Soulful sounds was wonderful. They were punctual, easy going, and most importantly, able to read the crowd and kept the party going. Even though the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception were held at 3 different parts of one venue, Soulful sounds was able to... Read More accommodate us accordingly. All of our guests loved the music. We even had a few people come up to us requesting their contact information (including our photographer). Overall Soulful Sounds was awesome and we would wholeheartedly recommend them.

Fantastic!

Reviewed on 7/07/2015

Music is so important to us and Soulful Sounds made our big day even more special by providing attentive, professional service and keeping us dancing all nignt. Highly recommended!

Simple Elegance

Reviewed on 6/14/2015

Like most brides I was frazzled by all the planning involved in my big day. Soulful Sounds save me precious time and wrinkles. They provided lighting, sound, and master of ceremony duties. We collaborated on technical issues and itinerary ahead of time which allowed me to focus... Read More on other details. I was so impressed I booked them for my husband's birthday party!!!!!! I would definitely recommend Soulful Sounds for any big occasion!!!!!

Amazing DJ

Reviewed on 6/12/2015 Eboni J

Soulful Sounds was amazing at my wedding. Te DJ played all the right songs to keep my guest dancing all night. The MC and owner Jeff was wonderful to work with. He was always prompt with his responses during the planning process and during my wedding he was the perfect MC. I... Read More highly recommend soulful sounds if you are looking to have a stress free experience and an amazing party at your wedding.

MY WEDDING WAS A HIT BECAUSE OF THEM

Reviewed on 12/07/2012 PATRICIA M

DYNAMIC DUO ON THE 1'S AND 2'S AND THE MC DEFINITELY DID THEIR THING MADE SURE PEOPLE WERE OUT OF THEIR SEATS AND DANCING LOVED THE MUSIC EVERYONE WAS HAPPY LOVED THE PROPS WHICH WAS COMPLEMENTARY AND THEY DONT BREAK THE BANK!!

DJ

Reviewed on 9/20/2011 Ericka S

Oh my! We had so much fun at our wedding and the DJ team was a large part of the fun. They were really able to both create the tone we were looking for while also reading the mood of the crowd, people danced and danced. A good time was had by all. Jeff, was wonderful, helping... Read More this frazzled bride select songs before the wedding and manage announcements etc during the event. I don't know how much they cost because their services were a wedding gift, but I think they are more than reasonable.

Jeff Taylor

Jeff Taylor had a love of music at a young age, which led him to entertaining crowds at family events. As his musical talents grew, so did his business. Today thanks to our loyal customers, Soulful Sounds is one of the most popular African American Wedding DJ’s in the NY Tri-State Area & Long Island. We have been entertaining hundreds of people every weekend for over 15 years.