ELEGANTLY HIP!

Soulsystem Orchestras was founded nine years ago by Multiplatinum artist Rob Affuso, former drummer of one of rock's best selling acts, Skid Row! With their youthful enthusiasm and high-energy performances, SOULSYSTEM quickly became one of NY's hottest selling groups, recommended by powerful party planners, the hottest venues and the Northeast's most prominent entertainment agencies! SOULSYSTEM clients include Julia Roberts, Hillary Clinton, NFL Commissioners Super Bowl Party, Jill Hennesey, Benjamin Bratt and Sweden's King, Carl Gustaf.

Wedding

Live Music

1650 Broadway, New York, NY (800) 466-7685

Reviewed on 11/27/2016 John O

We chose SoulSystem for our wedding at the University Club in NYC after seeing them several other times in the past at friends' weddings. As expected, they did not disappoint. SoulSystem is hands down the best band you can find. We did our research and tried to be original after... Read More several of our friends had used them. But there is nothing that compares to Soul System. Rob (President of SoulSystem) runs an organized, thoughtful, and transparent process. Its easy to understand the options and pricing. Rob makes himself available constantly to answer questions. He makes sure he completely understands every detail that the bride and groom want. He made the night special and customized for our night. And the band themselves... unbelievable. If you like oldies, rock, pop. It doesn't matter. These guys can play everything. They not only sound great, but they do a really could job interacting with the wedding. We did not have a person sitting down our whole wedding. And afterwards the most common feedback we got was on the band and how great they are. I really challenge anyone to find a better choice than SoulSytem for their wedding band. They made our night unforgettable. And tiring (in a good way).

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Anna G

A 5 star rating does not give this band enough credit. Soulsystem Orchestras made our wedding! Having a top notch band was always a priority for our wedding and these guys exceeded every expectation we had. When we first saw them play live at a West Village bar in nyc, we were... Read More sold. We still considered other well known entertainment companies that only allow you to watch overly-produced videos of bands or in one case, only allow you to watch videos of bands in their office and then put pressure on you to decide on the spot. If Soulsystem is available on your date, don't be stupid and book them! You will not be disappointed. My husband and I have lost count of how many guests reached out during and after the wedding to praise the band. Rob and his team played all of our must-play songs while feeling out the crowd for their track list selections. The only negative is that you will not want to get off the dance floor and may neglect some guests. We spent almost the entire night dancing and probably not enough time making rounds table to table. Dance floor was full until the very end so they played several encore songs. We also used them for the ceremony and cocktail hour and the music was beautiful. Also think they're a great value. You absolutely cannot go wrong.

Reviewed on 8/31/2016 Casey G

Hands down the best wedding band around. From the moment we were introduced into the tent, to the very last song we didn't leave the dance floor. We danced the entire night that we even forgot to cut the cake! I've never seen more people on a dance floor in my life. The energy... Read More was electric and they made the entire wedding! Thank you Soulsystem Orchestras! You are the absolute best!

2016-09-02T08:34:55 Response from the vendor

Casey and Bryan, THANK YOU! Your 400 guests blew the tent out of the ground! What an amazing, FUN group!! Their energy kept us going for our hour and a half overtime request in one of the hottest nights of the year! We wish we... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/23/2016

INCREDIBLE! SoulSystem made our Wedding a spectacular event! They played everything and blew away our expectations. Hearing our full dance floor chant "One More Song!" at the end of the night will be an unforgettable moment!

Reviewed on 8/09/2016

We cant say enough about how good Soulsystem was at our wedding and they set the tone for an amazing evening. This band is top notch. Everybody was on the dance floor all night and we heard it a million times, "the band is amazing." Everyone was professional and each band... Read More member was top notch in terms of talent. The singers to the horns, they crushed it! Also, they changed ward drobes mid-show, had choregraphed dance moves, interacted with the crowd and had great energy. They classed up the whole event and delivered on every pr0mise. Dealing with Rob to plan was also a pleasure. He was ultra responsive, made suggestions based on the vibe we were looking for and accommodated our special song requests which the band learned.

2016-10-21T11:54:16 Response from the vendor

Thank you guys! What a FUN DAY / NIGHT it was! We are so pleased that you loved our SOULSYSTEM band! We hope it is obvious that we love our jobs!

Reviewed on 7/19/2016 Mia Y

SoulSystems is worth every penny... we are almost 2 months out of our wedding day and people are still telling me how amazing they were!! Not only did they play amazing music all night long..but they were wonderful dance partners as well =) Our family and friends never stopped... Read More dancing! I couldn't have asked for a better band.. they truly made it the most fun night of my life!

Reviewed on 7/18/2016

We very strongly recommend Soulsystem . Rob and his team were easy to work with, professional, and -- most importantly -- incredible performers. We and our guests enjoyed every aspect of their set. They played the perfect blend of classics, romantic tunes, and top 40 hits, and... Read More were central to making our reception a success. They set the mood for each part of the night, and overall performed wonderfully. Amazing music and extremely smooth working with them -- they did a fantastic job.

Danced the night away

Reviewed on 11/18/2015 Caitlin S

Rob at Soulsystem Orchestras was an absolute pleasure to work with. He was totally on board with everything we wanted & we didn't want much MC'ing, just a DJ that could play a ton of eclectic music & get our guests to dance. He checked in the week & day of to make sure... Read More everything was finalized & I appreciated this immensely. As for our DJ (DJ Shiran), I can't say enough about him, he did an amazing job. We had music ranging from Oldies, Motown, 80s & Pop & he seamlessly transitioned between all the songs we requested. He was so helpful the day of (he played our ceremony music too) & was open to any of our suggestions. Everyone had a great time & were partying for hours, it was awesome!

Best Band Ever

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Lauren B

Honestly, I can't say enough about Soul System Orchestras! They are the absolute best, no question. From the moment I booked with Rob he was pleasant and fun to work with. He answered all my emails (and there were a lot of them!) quickly and was always patient with me. The... Read More night of the wedding, the band did not disappoint. They kept the dance floor packed and the party atmosphere going all night. From motown, to classic rock, to current pop music, they nailed it. They are professional, well rehearsed, entertaining, and the life of the party! I can't imagine what my wedding would have been like without them. Looking back, no one cares about anything as much as how much fun they had. Soulsystem Orchestras made sure that every guest at our wedding had a blast. They are worth every penny and at least ten times more than that. I can't say enough about how amazing they are! Hire them immediately!

SoulSystem - the Best Band -- EVER !!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Jackie H

To say that SoulSystem Orchestra is the "Best Band Ever" is an understatement. The gave a truly spectacular performance by both the singers and the musicians. Many, many of our guests said "that was THE BEST band they had ever heard. Ever." There is just no substitute... Read More for SoulSystem. No one even comes close. Someone told me that it is Martha Stewart's favorite wedding band. I totally believe it. Their singers are astounding and they match their vocals to the songs they are playing. A few of their singers could have successful solo careers of their own - that is how good they are. Their outfits (2 of them) were extremely tasteful and looked great. They also followed the script of the night perfectly. True professionalism at its best. Simply put, they rocked the house down and had our guests on their feet dancing the whole night. They also nailed the slow songs. Jaw-droppingly good. Just beyond unbelievable.

2015-10-23T16:18:22 Response from the vendor

Blushing emoji.......Wow. Thank you Jackie! We certainly do try every time to make it the greatest one yet! See you soon at a party near you!

Soulsystem was awesome!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015

Soulsystem performed at my wedding on Oct. 3 2015. First I must say that I am a professional trumpet player and have performed around the world for the past 30 years. I have played with numerous wedding bands throughout my career but none like Rob Affuco's soulsystem. The... Read More went the extra mile. My Wife who performs on Broadway, created a one hour varity show where our friends performed with the band. The band nailed every tune and was incredibly prepared...and then funked out the rest of the evening. Soulsystem performed all genres from swing-rock to classic R/B...and beyond. What a great evening it was. I highly recommend them for any wedding.

The Hotness

Reviewed on 10/18/2015 Anika L

A couple weeks after my wedding, people are STILL telling me how hot the band was. My husband is a musician, so we had to have a smokin' band. And he insisted that we have this band. And man, I was not disappointed. They sounded FANTASTIC. A full rock band with a horn... Read More section is the only way to go for a party this important, and they sounded so full and rich! The singers sang their faces off, and what is also important, which I didn't realize til the day of, was that they were full of terrific personality. They are a big part of your wedding, so you want them to be people you like! The band played every song we wanted, and even some I didn't realize we wanted, like they read my mind. They are so soulful and funky. Book them, they will make your event fantastic!

Perfect wedding band!

Reviewed on 10/13/2015

What a great party! Our guests could not stop talking about Soulsystem after our wedding. They were able to play so many genres so well, and each band member was amazing in their own way. Rob was so easy to work with and always available to answer one off questions I had leading... Read More up to the wedding. I cannot recommend Rob and his band enough; thank you so much for an unforgettable evening!

Best Band Ever!!!

Reviewed on 9/30/2015

Soul System was beyond anything I could have imagined. From start to finish, the music kept getting better. Their professionalism made everything so easy and seamless. As a soon to be mother, this amazing young woman sang a beautiful song to me and my baby, which I will... Read More remember forever. To finish off the evening, they sang "proud mary" and the singers included me in their dance and we thrusted until the last second! Rob finished off with an unreal drum set that blew our minds. The singing, the band, all of it is something I cannot put into words, but I would highly recommend them to anyone and everyone!!!!

Best Wedding Band Hands Down!

Reviewed on 9/30/2015 Becca S

WOW! Soulsystem Orchestras truly were spectacular! They were so incredibly easy to work with, and they made our wedding so very special. Every single one of our guests told us that Soulsystem was the best wedding band they have ever heard hands down! Soulsystem ensured that... Read More every single detail was absolutely perfect. From our processional, to our first dance, to our cake cutting song. Everyone was on the dance floor the whole night. Our wedding was magical, and Soulsystem Orchestra really made the evening so special for us. Book Soulsystem Orchestra NOW! You will not regret it! Thank you so much Rob and to everyone in the band for making my wedding the best night of my entire life.

The. Best. Band. Ever!

Reviewed on 9/22/2015

Words cannot express how happy I am that we chose Rob and Soul System for our wedding. Rob was so easy and accommodating to work with and helped us up until the very end. Now the band, They are AMAZING. Our dance floor was packed the entire night with people yelling for one... Read More more song once the night was over. The songs are amazing, the vocals are amazing and they are completely engaging. People loved the costume changes. If you want your friends to dance all night long I highly suggest giving Rob and Soul System a call. We will 100% be having them back for any other big events we throw.

2015-09-22T18:56:40 Response from the vendor

Thank you Jessica and Colbey! We are so pleased to see and hear such a "radiant" review! As you know, we try hard to make THIS day THEE BEST EXPERIENCE for you that we can. I am happy that we seemed to have succeeded! We... Read Less Read More

Amazing Band and Performers!

Reviewed on 9/11/2015 brooke b

Soulsystem Orchestras was truly a dream band. I found this band on NYmag.com and was skeptical to select a band online. Yet, when I spoke with the band leader Rob Affuso and he invited us down to the Essex House to watch them perform live one night last winter. They blew us... Read More away! Not only did I love them but everyone was dancing all night which at that moment I knew they were something special. Rob is wonderful to work with and full of energy. I also loved my 4 lead singers and their outfit changes throughout the night gave something extra to their performance. Overall they gave an excellent performance and were amazing to listen to and watch! My guests still compliment what a fabulous band they were. We got married in Long Island this past June at Temple Israel and had 210 guests. The band was a 13pc band with 4 lead singers. Rob is a former Skid Row award winning drummer, so he nailed it on the drums. we did not have much rock music at our wedding but when he performed Guns and Roses the crowd went wild! it was such a sight to watch him and them rock out. I highly recommend them for your next big event or wedding, you will be thrilled with Soulsystem Orchestra :)

2015-09-14T15:35:17 Response from the vendor

Thank you Brooke and Adam! WOW! To be referred to as the "DREAM BAND" is quite a compliment! It is our goal to make that happen every time we get onto a stage. It was a pleasure working with you both to create, what I... Read Less Read More

WE LOVE SOUL SYSTEM!

Reviewed on 9/10/2015 Rachel N

We are so lucky to have booked Soul System Orchestras for our September 2015 wedding. From the first song to the last song, our dance floor was packed and the energy in the room was so high. It was a pleasure to work with Rob leading up to the wedding. He gave us a lot of... Read More tips on song selection for the ceremony, cocktails and reception and helped us come up with a great agenda for the evening. He also made sure that the dance floor remained filled the entire time! We love Soul System so much and I can't wait to hear them again at my best friend's wedding in June 2016. I would recommend this band to anyone who loves to dance, wants a high energy party, and wants to have their guests say "this is the best band I have ever heard" mid-party at your wedding. Thank you Soul System for making our wedding the best night of our lives!

2015-09-10T21:34:52 Response from the vendor

Thank you Rachel and Corey! We had an amazing time with you, your family and friends! Your enthusiasm in all that you did in preparation for your wedding was evident in the hundreds of smiles we could see from the stage! We look forward to... Read Less Read More

The BEST band

Reviewed on 11/20/2014 Olivia N

Rob and the Soulsystem team made our wedding day. If a good band is important to you (for us, a good band was more important than the food, the wine, the cake, etc.), you absolutely should book Soulsystem Orchestras. In advance of our wedding day, we had several phone calls... Read More with Rob to discuss our vision for the night and the kind of music we like. Whenever we had follow up questions, he was more than happy to hop on the phone to discuss. Soulsystem can play anything from Guns N' Roses to Frank Sinatra to Beyonce. They have the ability to control the energy of a party down to a science. Above all else, Soulsystem Orchestras is incredibly talented. And so FUN! All of the musicians are into every song and some of the singers really engage the audience, will come into the audience, etc. Thank you, Rob and team, for such a fun night!

Mind-blowing talent!

Reviewed on 11/19/2014 Kerry g

Words can't describe how happy we are that we chose Soulsystem Orchestra for our wedding! They truly brought the house down and had each and every one of our guests up and dancing (even my 90+ year old grandmother!). The level of talent in this group is unbelievable. All of our... Read More guests were raving about how amazing the band was! Each and every song, jaws would drop because of how exceptional they sound! Not only did they give a mind blowing performance, they were also extremely easy to work with. They went out of their way to learn specific songs we requested that weren't on their extensive song list. Having Soulsystem Orchestra play at our wedding was like having our own private concert. At the end of the night, all of our guests were sad to see it end and even started a chant for just one more song! Thank you so much to Rob and the entire Soulsystem Orchestra for making our wedding unforgettable!!! Our guests are still raving about your performance! THANK YOU!! Kerry and Zach Fritz

Fritz/Griffin Wedding

Reviewed on 11/02/2014

Rob Affuso and the SoulSystem Orchestra absolutely crushed it for our daughter's wedding!!! Everyone was absolutely amazed at the performance. There wasn't a person who attended the wedding reception that didn't ask where we found the band!!! The band started the night playing... Read More jazz standards over dinner and they brought the house down with a rock'in medley of Bruce and Bon Jovi for our Jersey Shore crowd!!! All 215 people at the wedding were up, jumping and dancing!!! SoulSystem MADE our daughter's wedding and we couldn't have been happier with them! Our guests are still calling to say how amazing the band was. THANK YOU SoulSytem!!! Best, Brian & Janel Griffin

This is the band you want!

Reviewed on 10/26/2014 Allison P

SoulSystem Orchestra was absolutely amazing at my daughter's September 2014 wedding. Our guest were on the dance floor from the moment they entered the reception room until the final song- commenting that they felt like they were at a personalized concert -and indeed, that is... Read More what it was. SSO has such extensive song list that we were able to tailor the music exactly as we wanted it. They even learned some requested songs that were special for the bride and groom. Each of the musicians was so remarkably talented and together they performed flawlessly and professionally. Everyone there that night, our guests, the venue management, our photography/ video crew and the production lighting company, remarked that they were awed by this band. Initially the bride was tempted to go with a DJ because she had heard too many mediocre "wedding bands" and the music was so important to her-SSO changed her mindset completely! This band is worth the cost- they made my daughter's wedding an unforgettable event!

Soulsystem Orchestras - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Reviewed on 10/23/2014

Soulsystem was fantastic! We were thrilled that we hired them for our wedding day - it was one of the best vendor decisions we made. Rob (band leader) was awesome to deal with - super responsive and helpful and listened to what we wanted. The ceremony and cocktail hour... Read More musicians that Rob arranged were talented and professional. The reception band members were incredible! We got so many compliments on music from our guests who had a great time dancing the entire night...no one was sitting! The singers and musicians are interactive with the crowd too...it was like a private concert. I can't say enough good things about SSO.

Soulsytem did a fantastic job!!

Reviewed on 6/17/2010 MARINA C

I am SO happy I chose Soulsystem Orchestras for my wedding. They did a fantastic job!! A year later I still get comments from my guests about how "amazing the band was" or how "impressed" they were with the music! Not to mention the change of outfits mid performance!! Also,... Read More their menu of songs is HUGE. Rob Affuso does a great job assisting you through the whole process and helping you pick the songs and giving you advice. I highly recommend Soulsystem Orchestras!