Soundview Caterers

Bayville, NY

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Nestled along the Gold Coast of Long Island in Bayville, New York, Soundview Caterers offers a scenic view of the ocean and beaches. The waterfront setting provides the couple with a breathtaking backdrop for wedding pictures to last a lifetime while also setting a relaxing mood for guests. Couples can choose to hold the wedding ceremony and reception indoors in the Grand Ballroom or out on the patio with the panoramic view of the ocean to complement the decorations and finery.

High chandeliers decorate the Grand Ballroom, lending it the elegant sophistication many brides and grooms look for in a place to say their vows. Windows highlight the Long Island Sound in the background.

Grand Ballroom. As elegant as its name, the Grand Ballroom’s décor includes polished wood floors, round tables with white lace covering and bouquet centerpieces. The Grand Ballroom has a separate cocktail space for privacy

The Bridal Suite offers a private and comfortable room for the bride, her family and attendants to prepare for the ceremony. Soundview Caterers staff provides snacks and drinks.

Outdoor Wedding Chapel. Couples who prefer an outdoor wedding can choose to reserve the outdoor chapel.

Soundview Caterers only has one ballroom for events, including non-wedding events, such as corporate parties, so couples will need to reserve the Grand Ballroom in advance. Ceremonies can take place indoors in the Grand Ballroom or outside on the patio. The ballroom can accommodate up to 250 people. A one-room facility guarantees a private ceremony without worrying about other ceremonies overlapping

Outdoor ceremonies will be dependent on weather. If couples are planning a wedding during inclement weather, reserving the ballroom may be the best consideration. Catering is available and couples will need to work with their event planners to decide on the details.

Soundview Caterers provides couples with a waterfront wedding and ceremony while incorporating the elegance and romance associated with the venue. The one-room venue guarantees the ceremony and reception will not be rushed to make room for the next event.

Event planners are available to plan every stage of the wedding ceremony and reception. They also provide a variety of wedding packages to meet different budget needs and restraints. State-of-the-art video and sound equipment are provided for events. Wedding packages also include plates, utensils and linens.

• A hydration station is provided for guests
  • Tours provided upon request to give couples a chance to envision their wedding before booking

Premier Waterfront Wedding & Event Venue

Located on the Gold Coast of Long Island's North Shore with breathtaking views of the Long Island Sound, our goal is to bring you to a moment in time where elegance and pageantry are at your service for your special day. We are dedicated to delivering superior service, cuisine, and memories to last a lifetime, all while catering only to you!

Ballroom, Waterfront

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

45 Bayville Ave, Bayville, NY (516) 864-0600

Reviewed on 5/16/2017 Jessica M

We recently got married at Soundview, May 2017, and I can’t possibly put into words how amazing they were. Our wedding day went so smoothly and was more perfect than we even imagined it could be. It rained on our big day, so we had to have the ceremony inside, they handled it so... Read More well. The transition from ceremony to reception was seamless. All of our guests have raved about how excellent the food was as well. The bridal attendant, Cynthia, and the maitre d, Dominick, were so helpful throughout the entire night. The owner, Michael, was also incredibly helpful and hands on throughout the whole process, from planning to wedding day, he was always happy to answer any questions or offer advice along the way. You can tell he truly enjoys what he does. Overall, we couldn’t have been happier and highly recommend Soundview!

Reviewed on 3/14/2017 Rachelle O

Soundview Caterers was the first venue that we visited on our 2+ month journey of looking and it remained as the top option for us as we visited almost a dozen other sites across LI. Michael (owner and head chef) and Lindsay were SO accommodating and helpful with every single... Read More question I had over a long string of detailed emails. What I loved the most about the Soundview was the fact that I would have been the ONLY bride the WHOLE day! It was a plus that the reception room was absolutely gorgeous, the view of the LI sound was beautiful, and the whole space is brand new and clean! We attended the Bridal Show which helped us view the room in all of its elegance, but also made us realize that it might be just a little too small for our growing guest list, particularly during the cocktail hour. They hold a maximum of 250 guests, but we have over 300+ on our list which we would be stressing out in fitting. Michael gave us a VERY reasonable quote, considering it was a Saturday and I could sense that I would have been taken care of by their staff.

Reviewed on 1/11/2017 Jen P

My husband and I got married at Soundview Caterers on September 10th, 2016… and choosing Soundview was by far the best decision we could have made. Soundview is simply stunning. The elegant ceremony area with breathtaking water view and the grand and pristine reception room... Read More make this place impossible to beat. The magnificence of the structure can only be matched by the people who run it. Michael and his staff are a class act. They are professional and friendly and willing to go above and beyond to make your wedding day everything you hoped and planned for and then some!! From the big things like answering every question my husband had (and he had a lot) and making sure our day ran smoothly so we didn’t have to, to the small things like making sure my mother had the beer she wanted and fluffing my dress as I walked down the aisle they were there for us every step of the way. Hosting only one wedding at a time, Soundview truly devotes themselves to every bride and groom. As a bride it was very important for me to be able to see my ideas for the day come to life and I could not have done that to the degree that I did anywhere else. I cannot recommend Soundview Caterers enough!! THANK YOU SOUNDVIEW CATERERS!!

Reviewed on 11/11/2016 Shannon V

To say that our wedding on 10/28/16 exceeded our expectations would be an understatement, but as the Bride, I never had any doubts from the first moment I walked into Soundview and met their unbelievably amazing staff. Soundview was the first venue my husband and I visited, and... Read More immediately I had a gut feeling this was the place we'd be married. The picturesque views of the Long Island Sound had me from the moment we pulled up. Michael, Soundview's owner was the second element of the venue that sold me. Upon meeting him, we felt like he was someone we had known for years and without regret, immediately put our trust into him and his staff to execute a memorable celebration. From beginning to end, there was never a moment where myself or husband felt weary or unsure about any detail being tended to. Admittedly, I was not a traditional bride, and wanted there to be a calming, simplistic feel to our wedding. Michael, Lindsay, Nick, Mia and the other employees working our wedding ensured we would never have to worry about anything and delivered flawless service in every aspect. From creating a delicious menu, which prompted reviews from guests of all ages saying it was the best they had at a wedding to date, to being able to come in a few days prior to the event to set up the inside of our wedding with Lindsay and Michael, I truly felt relaxed in the moments leading up to our big day. Moments that could have gone awry, like when our transportation arrived late, was quickly alleviated by the Soundview staff, who assured us and our families that the show would go on as planned; and it did without any detection from our guests thanks to the professionalism of Michael & his team. Special shout out to the best Bridal attendant of all time, Mia - whose composed, unruffled demeanor truly made a huge impact on our night. She did it all, from bringing us a huge platter of food to eat in our bridal suite during cocktail hour, to yanking the tulle material on my wedding gown that continuously got caught in my impractical stone encrusted shoes, this girl performed her duties exceptionally well. We never felt like she was in the way, yet any time we were empty handed, there she was providing us the best service possible and making sure we were eating and drinking throughout the duration of the night. I am biased, but there is truly no place like Soundview. Michael is a seasoned professional and this establishment is a well-oiled machine. A few more noteworthy mentions go out to: Lindsay, who helped make sure all of the little details; everything from lighting, to our signature drinks and décor, looked exactly as we imagined it would. To our amazing maître d, Nick, who literally offered to drive some of our remaining guests back to our hotel when our last shuttle van didn't show - THANK YOU! You do not find service like this just anywhere. We are never going to forget the evening we had at Soundview, and we have their amazing staff to thank for that. Our utmost gratitude to Michael & team for executing an unforgettable event. We are now proud members of the Soundview family and will always remember the amazing experience we were lucky to have there.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Elena V

I was such a lucky bride to get to have my wedding at Soundview Caterers! From start to finish Michael and his team make you feel important and like family. The venue is family run and not at all like a typical Long Island wedding "factory" venue. They only do one wedding at a... Read More time which was so important to me. From the moment I walked into Soundview I knew I wanted to get married there. The venue is clean and has freshly re-done wood floors throughout-no carpet! The outdoor space is so beautifully landscaped and it was so amazing to get married right on the Long Island sound. I also picked here because if it rained and I had to have my ceremony indoors it was also a beautiful option with its floor to ceiling windows overlooking the sound. It actually did rain on my wedding day but stopped about an hour prior to my ceremony. Michael had his staff out there cleaning off the chairs for my guests and I'm so grateful for him working hard so that I could have my dream ceremony outside. The food was also amazing, everything we had was so delicious and our guests raved about it too. I also appreciated that the price was all inclusive, no hidden service fees. It was refreshing to have that. As a Soundview bride you can customize the lobby to however you want to decorate it and you also have total control over the menu. All my guests raved about what an awesome wedding we had. Soundview is the ultimate definition of class. Thank you to Michael, Nick, and Mia and the rest of the Soundview staff for giving us the best night of our lives. We cannot thank you enough!! -Elena and frank

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Ava P

My husband and I began our venue search a few months after getting engaged in early 2015, and Soundview was the first venue we went to see in person. We really wanted our wedding to feel intimate and special, so we were hoping to find a venue that held only one event at a time.... Read More Soundview fit the bill and we fell in love with it right away, of course we decided to visit other venues just to make sure we weren't jumping the gun. However, even after viewing several other well known, and high end venues, Soundview was by far our favorite. The whole space feels unique separating itself from some of the other “cookie-cutter” venues on Long Island. The Soundview has so much charming character and classic detail. The beautiful crown moldings, stunning chandeliers and brand new hardwood floors really prove that not a single detail was overlooked. In addition, Soundview is newly renovated so it has all of the modern aspects that add customization to your special day, like state of the art colored up-lighting and HD screens that can showcase your love story through a photo slideshow. Obviously one of the best parts of having our wedding at Soundview was the location, tucked away in Bayville, right on the water. The views are stunning and are really emphasized by the floor to ceiling windows allowing everyone to enjoy the scenic beauty of the water as well as the sunset, whether they are inside or outdoors. These are all things that you’ll see right away when you step inside, but lets get to the actual event. Our wedding day could not have gone any more smoothly. Michael (the owner) and Amanda (The Maitre’d), were there every step of the way ensuring that not a thing was out of place. All of the decorative details I dropped off several days before, were arranged throughout the venue better than I could have done it had I been there myself. The food was incredible, our guests still rave about it to this day. The drinks were free flowing and delicious! They even accommodated our “signature drink” request that required some very specific and uncommon ingredients. The staff was courteous, extremely accommodating and always available. The whole event was extremely organized and I really truly owe it to Michael’s expertise and attention to detail. From the first time we stepped foot into Soundview all the way up to the day we actually became husband and wife we were treated as if we were family by Michael and his staff.

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Jessica P

It's hard to put into words just how stellar our wedding day was. People tell you to prepare for blips, as they are bound to happen. Soundview proved those people wrong. Our reception was perfect. From the moment we met Michael, we knew we had found our venue and the team to... Read More make our wedding dreams a reality. Michael, his family, and his staff went above and beyond to make our day everything we could ever hope for it to be, and more. We can never thank them enough for their endless patience, creativity, passion for the industry and most importantly, the people who walk through their doors. Soundview is a special place, and we would make the decision a million times over to celebrate this milestone in our lives there.

Reviewed on 9/14/2016 Sara V

My now-husband and I got married at Soundview on 9/4/16 and we could not be happier with how our day went, and how every day leading up to it was, because of Soundview. Michael, Nick, Mia, Lindsay and the ENTIRE staff were so awesome to work with. So patient, accommodating and... Read More always know the right thing to do. My husband I both felt so special, the space is BEAUTIFUL and my grandmother says it was "the best Filet Mignon she has ever had." Guests keep calling to say how much fun they had, how beautiful the space was, and that it was one of the best weddings they have ever been to. Every issue that arose was addressed by the Soundview staff before it ever turned into a problem. If you are looking for the most fun day of your life, in the most beautiful outdoor space and ballroom, with delicious food that you can tailor to exactly what you want, get married at Soundview - we cannot recommend it enough. THANK YOU to the entire staff! You literally made our dreams come true.

Reviewed on 8/27/2016 Shannon D

August 6th, 2016. Soundview Caterers…you made my dream come true! When you’re a little girl and you dream about your wedding day, you dream about the man and the dress. But, you could NEVER dream up the day my husband and I had – and it is with sincere love and gratitude that... Read More we thank our new friends and “family” at Soundview Caterers for that. Where should I begin? Well, my husband Eric and I found Soundview by doing a search for LI wedding venues that held only one event at a time. I didn’t want to be one of two, three, even four brides…I wanted to be THE BRIDE. Another non-negotiable was carpeting! YUCK! I was ONLY going to get married at a venue with hardwood floors. And, so, we wound up at Soundview. One event at a time. Hardwood floors (brand-new). It was the first of 13 halls Eric and I looked at. Truth be told, I wanted to stop as soon as I saw Soundview and met Michael. First impression: Drop dead gorgeous! “This is where I want to get married!!!” Right on the Long Island Sound, breathtaking view. Brand-new!!! Ballroom: Hardwood floors, cream-colored walls, white accents, chandeliers. Cocktail hour leading out to a patio. Stone walkway leading to a ceremony space. Gazebo. I was getting married in Church, but the space outside, even if just for photos…amazing!!! When we sat down with Michael, I could hardly contain my excitement. After going over menu options and pricing, I had made up my mind for the fifth time since we’d gotten there. Michael, the owner (and subsequently new member of my family) said he wanted us to go look at other places. That the first place shouldn’t be the only place we look. Basically he wanted us to see what else was out there and that, if we made the decision he thought we would, we’d be back. And…he was right! Thirteen halls later and an additional trip to Soundview in the middle where I met Aldiana (one of Michael’s Daughters and my go-to-girl for all things Soundview), I was certain we had found our venue. And, as I said earlier, my dream came true on Saturday, August 6th 2016, our Wedding Day. I made sure to take it all in. Our arrival: The red carpet, champagne toast to greet us, the foyer with tables displaying pictures of Eric and me (you can customize the venue however you like…remember, YOU are the ONLY event!), the Ballroom!!! Exquisite! Our cocktail hour and main courses…our guests are still calling us to rave about the food! The drinks that kept on flowing! Our guests were happy and we were over-the-moon. From ushering the guests into the ballroom after cocktail hour, making sure the bridal party was in place for their entrance, Michael’s golf-cart ride to take photos at sunset, and ALL that was in-between, I am forever grateful. It was the wedding of a lifetime! I’d say I’m someone who makes smart decisions and choosing Soundview for our wedding is a decision I will never regret! I chose the right husband and I chose the right venue! My heartfelt love and gratitude to the staff at Soundview Caterers, especially Michael, Aldiana, Mia, Nick, Christina, Fredo, and everyone else. My husband would like to give an extra special shout-out from his friends to the bartenders! Michael, I will never forget my wedding day, how beautiful it was, and how much of that I owe to you. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart. I love you all!!! To all the engaged couples out there…choose Soundview Caterers! It will be everything you hope and more! Love, Shannon & Eric Lutz Wedding 8.6.16

Reviewed on 7/04/2016 Elise G

Where can I even begin? My husband and I got married on July 2, 2016 and could not have asked for a better venue. EVERYTHING was perfect! The food was absolutely amazing, especially the cocktail hour where guests could not stop raving about the selection and quality of the... Read More food. Michael, the owner of Soundview is also the head chef, and made sure nothing left his kitchen unless it was absolutely perfect. Everything was prepared fresh, and it showed. Our friends and family were stunned by the amazing views as well as the classy and elegant ambiance of the newly renovated the hall. It looked absolutely exquisite! The best part was that we had the whole place to ourselves and were treated like king and queen the entire time. Nicholas, our maitre de was absolutely amazing! He made sure everything ran effortlessly, and constantly checked in on us to make sure that we were happy. Mia, Michael's daughter was extremely helpful. She assisted us in anything we needed throughout the night, and even played with my 2 year old nephew. Thank you for treating us like family. I cannot say enough about how great Soundview is. I would recommend them to anyone in a heartbeat. THANK YOU to all the staff at Soundview for making our dream a reality.

Reviewed on 5/29/2016 Kerri B

This is the place to have your wedding!!! From the minute we walked in to have a consultation we felt like family. Michael his daughters and the staff are top notch. 5.13.16 was the most amazing day of my life. Everything was perfect. My husband and I did not have to worry about... Read More a thing. The team at Soundview took care of it all. We were able to come the day before and set up so I had a say in all the details. The foyer had pictures of us and our grandparents you can really make it your own. EVERYONE raved about the food!!! It was outstanding. A friend of mine stole her husbands crab-cake it was that good. Everyone's entree came out in a timely manner so we could eat and get back on the dance floor. The room is brand new and the view is spectacular. The cocktail hour is indoor/outdoor and again the guests raved about the food, top shelf liquor and service. I wish I could have my wedding everyday it truly was such a magical day!!! Having the team at Soundview there to help through each move made it that much better. I highly recommend Soundview for your wedding reception! You will not be disappointed. Kerri & John

Reviewed on 5/16/2016 Pat M

Soundview Caterers went above and beyond to make sure my daughter's wedding on May 14, 2016, was the ultimate affair. The view, the staff, and best of all, the food was fantastic!! People are still talking about the cocktail hour, the selections which were numerous, and the... Read More quality of everything! I wish I had another daughter, I would have herr wedding at Soundview!!!

Reviewed on 4/25/2016

We were lucky enough to be one of the first couples to book our wedding at Soundview. As soon as my now wife saw the view of the ocean from the party room & ceremony location we immediately made the decision there was no other places we needed to look at, we were sold. They... Read More walked us through the wedding options very candidly and we felt the whole process was completely transparent. Michael (the owner) was very professional and answered all our questions, even ones we didn't even know to ask. Soundview also throws a example wedding for all the grooms & brides who booked, which was genius and it really did help us better visualize how our wedding would go, what we wanted & what we didn't. I'd strongly suggest you go if you book your wedding with them. We loved that we were the only event at the location and therefore we had the whole day to only worry about us and not running into different parties/people. Michael's staff were incredibly attentive to our every need and we couldn't have asked for better food. The only Soundview suggested vendor we used was for the cake, which we were told was very good (we were too busy to eat). We couldn't have been happier with how everything turned out. Truly a night we will never forget. I can't sing their praises enough, but they really deserve ever letter.

Accommodating, Fun, Delicious, Seamless, Elegant, in one word PERFECT.

Reviewed on 11/09/2015 Monica S

Our wedding was held and hosted by Soundview Caters on Sept 5th, 2015. Michael and his staff, mostly family, transformed an otherwise ordinary Saturday evening into a magical, fairy-tale spectacular for the ages. From the beauty of venue itself, to the pre-ceremony drinks and... Read More lemonade, to the Game-of-Thrones-like cocktail smorgasbord, to the bridal attendant and suite, to the actual seated dinner, and finally to the after-reception White Castle sliders, Gelato bar and Hot Dog cart, Soundview pull no punches and delivered all components with a quality and professionalism that made 97% of our guest say “This is the best wedding I have ever been to.” The Set-up: Michael and his staff were very flexible and accommodating as my bride and I went through the venue and food selection process. The staff provided one-on-one appointments where they dedicated time to walk us around the venue (several different times) and discuss menu options. Soundview was very open to providing and even swapping out food items to fit our gastro-needs. Michael and the Soundview staff are experts in this business and were able to enhance our wedding by providing additional non-venue suggestions. When discussing the cocktail hour, the Maître D’, Aldiana, suggested that we do a first look at the Arboretum so that we could actually spend more time with our guest and my cheese selection during that time!!! Michael and his staff were very responsive to my bride’s inquiries and concerns once we booked the venue. As we live in Manhattan, they even allowed her to ship several last minute items to Soundview directly to them for safe keeping. The Big Day: The most amazing part of it all was everything that was talked about, agreed upon and promised was delivered. Full stop. There was not one hiccup, not one. And because of the attention to detail, the follow through, the personal bride and groom attention, we were both able to enjoy our wedding ceremony, cocktail, and reception without once consciously thinking about venue and/or catering events. We were carted back to the outdoor ceremony location from the hall to finish our last photos without hesitation. All of the cocktail hour food selections were waiting in the bridal suite as we arrived post ceremony. My glass of my favorite single-malt scotch was never empty and I never once went to the bar. We tasted all of the food choices without ever asking. Soundview Caters – I fully understand where the Soundview part of the name originated from. As anyone can see from their photos, the outdoor ceremony venue is adjacent to the Long Island Sound, and provide break taking views for sunset weddings, like mine. But it wasn’t until my actual wedding day did I fully realize the “Carters” part of the name. At first glance, one might only think of the act of providing food and beverages to large parties. However, I believe that the true meaning is that Michael, his family and his staff will cater to your every need, even the ones you didn’t know you had. Soundview Caters and Michael, pride themselves on ensure that your event, your day, your moments are just that…YOURS.

Reviewed on 10/23/2015

Our reception at Soundview was absolutely amazing. Everything was coordinated perfectly and the food was fantastic..the guests are still talking about how delicious everything was! Michael and Aldiana were very easy to work with, communicated regularly and were extremely... Read More flexible with the planning and activities we requested. Our guests loved the beautiful ambiance and everyone had an amazing time. Thank you so much for making a lasting memory which we will cherish forever!!

Reviewed on 9/06/2015 Kaitlyn D

I don't even know where to begin. Like another reviewer, Soundview was the first venue we saw after getting engaged and we knew immediately after meeting Michael and touring the gorgeous brand new facility that this was the place we wanted to get married. Michael and his staff... Read More were so gracious and made us feel so special. They answered every question, email, and phone call and their opinions and advice were instrumental in making our day what it was, perfect! They really went out of their way to make us feel like our day was their day as well. My husband and I were married there just a couple of days ago and we are still on cloud nine. We couldn't have imagined a more perfect day and it was made even more perfect by the warm and wonderful staff at Soundview. Our families and friends are already saying it was the best wedding they've ever been to! We were lucky to have a gorgeous day but with a view like that, even rain would have been beautiful. The picturesque waterfront view is truly incredible. The facility itself is all brand new and each and every detail was carefully picked out and made perfect by Michael. When we first toured Soundview it was unfinished but as Michael described his vision and plans for this beautiful place we knew we had to be a part of it. Their recommendations for vendors were spot on as well and each one we talked to spoke more and more highly of Michael. They were all wonderful to work with and made our special day go seamlessly. Now, the food! My husband was unable to attend the food tasting so I brought our moms. My mom did not stop talking about the crab cakes for MONTHS! When I say everything, I mean EVERYTHING, was absolutely delicious and presented so beautifully. There was something for everyone and it was all amazing. I really could go on forever, there aren't enough positive adjectives to describe how happy we are that we trusted Soundview with the most important day of our lives! They made us feel like family and were so excited WITH us on our special day! I've not planned many weddings but I know that is rare and something very special. I would recommend them to anyone and wholeheartedly encourage everyone to see this magical place!

Reviewed on 8/06/2015

My finance and I began looking at restaurants and catering facilities on the water. We made 4 appointments so that we could compare and select the one that represented us best. This is our second marriage and we are in our 50's so we wanted something very special. We wanted a... Read More great view, beautiful setting, good food ( we are foodies), and a caterer that was friendly and listening to our needs. Well we visited Soundview first because I found both Michael and Jaimie to be friendly and quick to return my calls to set up an appointment. Most other facilities made me feel like I was just another reception, but not Michael. It was our first visit and our last. We knew as we left that this place was exactly what we want. After leaving I called the other facilities and cancelled our appointments. I then called Michael back to set up an appointment and sign the contract. Soundview was recently rebuilt and Michael as the owner looks to the place as if it is his child. The details are gorgeous starting from the entrance and right down to even the bathrooms. He and Jaimie made us feel welcome again and took us around the outside where our ceremony will be (right on the water) and into the area for the cocktail hour, and finally into the reception room. As we walked Michael gave us his thoughts on our options and each one was better than the next. He is catering to our wants and thoroughly understands our needs. The selections for the cocktail hour and main courses are fabulous. But best of all, Michael only hosts one event a day, so no one is rushed or finding the place messy from a previous event. Soundview also has an excellent selection of vendors for entertainment, flowers, photography, etc. When I called a few and mentioned that our wedding is at Soundview each person was friendly as Michael. Our wedding is not until next year but I felt that I needed to express my satisfaction. No that is not accurate, because I am not just satisfied I am thrilled to be working with Michael and his staff on such an important day. I know that I will have no worries that day and what can be better than that....other than taking the hand of my wife and celebrating with our families.

Reviewed on 7/31/2015 heather n

Hello all. I wanted to take some time and share with you, the unforgettable event we held, hosted and shared with Soundview Caterers. On May 30, 2015 our newest addition was baptized in Oyster Bay and we choose to celebrate this rite of passage at Soundview Caterers, in... Read More Bayville, New York, as this is truly a venue for all seasons to host the event of a lifetime! Upon arriving at SC, I entered one of the coziest, warm and elegant foyers. Michael, the owner, was awaiting my arrival. I immediately noticed the extensive and gorgeous renovations Michael had orchestrated. After speaking for a few minutes we moved toward the ballroom, where the double doors were closed. When Michael opened the first door, I couldn’t believe what I was seeing: the sheer, unadulterated elegance of the décor coupled with one of the most breathtaking views of the Long Island sound from the floor-to-ceiling windows inspired chills. The chandeliers – 3 of them – sparkle from the natural light adorning the room, and glimmer in the “show lights” built into the lighting system. The dance floor is large and centered in the room to allow guests on both sides to enjoy the party. And the rest of the place did not disappoint! All of the renovations and updates have put SC on the map as one of the most elegant and detail oriented catering halls on Long Island. Michael and I sat down and looked over some of the catering packages available at SC, and perhaps one of the most enlightening aspects of working with SC is knowing EXACTLY you will be paying per person! Please read that again: SC Caterers gives you a per-person price that includes ALL taxes, gratuities, etc. At SC, if Michael tells you that based on your selections it is $85.00 per person, then all you have to do is tally up the total number of people coming, multiple that by $85.00, and you have a firm, final cost based on that number. The entire process between booking and partying was seamless. Aldiana and Michael were both so involved in each step, and thankfully, made themselves available to me since I live in PA. Aldiana called me with friendly reminders and offered her opinions on several different things. She knows what she is talking about. When I met with Michael on finalizing the food selections, he told me he could make anything I wanted, as he was going to be the chef for the party. Their sample menu that they showed me sounded so delicious, I didn’t make any changes. The party itself was amazing! The room was set up more beautifully than I imagined and my guests were treated to the most delicious food by the most accommodating and well-presented staff. The entire TEAM of waiters, waitresses and bartenders not only looked clean and professional, they were kind and considerate of everyone they encountered, including each other. Aldiana was the most gracious of hosts, ensuring that everyone was well taken care of and there was no request they didn’t meet. The staff at SC is phenomenal. The entire facility is state-of-the-art; it is classy, elegant and offers the most breathtaking views. Take the time to go to Bayville and see for yourself. Whether it’s your once-in-a-lifetime event, a rite of passage or some other celebration of love, what you are envisioning in your mind becomes palpable when you step inside. Once there, I am certain you will be able to see yourself celebrating your most important day at Soundview!

Reviewed on 6/18/2015 Danielle D

We just booked our wedding at Soundview for April 30th, 2016 and could not be more excited! Michael (the owner) and his daughters were wonderful to work with. The place is absolutely beautiful both inside and out. We are just hoping for a beautiful day so we can enjoy the... Read More beautiful sunset!

Extraordinary Waterfront Venue

Reviewed on 1/16/2015

Soundview Caterers is a BEAUTIFUL place! It is a unique and elegant venue located on the water in Bayville, NY. The design and decor of the venue is exquisite and the views are exceptional. I recently got engaged and I have been searching for a place on Long Island to have my... Read More wedding ceremony and reception. My fiancé and I looked at a lot of venues all across Long Island and in our opinion NONE of them compared to Soundview. It is situated on the Long Island Sound on the North Shore of Long Island -The views are AMAZING! The place is all newly redone with all the amenities you can imagine. The cocktail hour space is beautiful and the bridal suite is lovely. The ballroom is STUNNING with crystal chandeliers and floor to ceiling windows that provide an INCREDIBLE view of the water! Even the bathrooms are gorgeous! Soundview only hosts one event at a time, which is extremely important to us. Michael, the owner and manager, is a true gentleman and a wonderful businessman. He is very knowledgeable and has had a lot of experience with wedding and event planning. He knows what brides need/want and he will work with you to make your day perfect- just the way you want it. We also met some of the staff and they were very gracious and kind. We booked our wedding at Soundview Caterers for the summer of 2015 and we can't wait for our special day! We will have an outdoor ceremony on the water and a reception to follow in the grand ballroom. We have no doubts that it will be an incredible experience! If you or someone you know has an event coming up and they need a beautiful venue...I HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you check out Soundview Caterers!

Nice venue on the water

Reviewed on 1/02/2015

I booked my wedding after friends went to an event at Soundview and loved the food and venue. The owner is really a joy to work with. My wedding is June 27 and if you are looking for a great waterview this is the place!