Engagement Party, Getting Engaged, Honeymoon, After Party, Bachelor Party, Bachelorette Party, Bridal Luncheon, Bridal Shower, Rehearsal Dinner, Welcome Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Day After Brunch, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, A la Carte Wedding Planning, Budgeting, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Honeymoon Planning, RSVP Tracking, Wedding Website, Planning

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Courtney B

I wish I was able to select ten stars, because Kim is incredible! She was way more than I ever could have hoped for in a coordinator! We had a destination wedding and I chose Kim before meeting her because her genuine kindness and enthusiasm always shows, even through email! Kim... Read More was a complete ray of sunshine during the whole stressful process! She was quick to respond to my endless texts and emails, and never failed on all of her recommendations! Kim is very professional, but also feels more like a friend than someone I hired. Her heart and passion for what she does shines through, and she is truly talented!!! I was trying to stick to a budget, and she was super helpful and creative with alternatives to pricey things! She has a great eye and saved me an enormous amount of time, money, and headache! I can't tell you how much it meant to have her assistance through it all! She is the sweetest, friendliest, most charming person you'll ever meet, but her sassy southern side knows how to whip people into shape and get the job done! She was great with contacting all of the vendors and making my day an orderly, stress-free, success. Kim goes above and beyond and I don't know what I would have done without her!! I can't express enough how fantastic she is!! She made me feel like her only bride with such attention to detail of our ceremony and reception. Choosing her as your wedding coordinator/planner will definitely be one of the best decisions of your wedding planning process!!!!

2016-08-08T15:36:18 Response from the vendor

Oh Courtney! Thank you so much! I absolutely adored working with you! I felt like you were a friend as well, and consider you so :) It was a privileged to be part of your and DJ's big day! Love ya Hokie girl :)

The Perfect Experience!

Reviewed on 5/21/2015

"What a beautiful day we enjoyed!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR EVERYTHING. We could have not been happier with the breathtaking perfection that happened Saturday. You really made it special and amazing. You executed perfectly! I will send you a ton of pics when they get back from... Read More the photographer! One daughter married, three to go! You will be hearing from us again!"

2015-05-23T14:15:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Thank you! It was my pleasure to work with you and Meagan. I'm happy to have been part of such an amazing day :)

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Elisabeth E

Kim was amazing to work with! She was so kind and became a friend. She was super flexible, worked very hard to organize everything for me, and was so responsive. She knew we were on a budget and did a great job of finding the best value vendors. I had no stress leading up the... Read More wedding because I knew Kim was on top of everything, and the wedding was executed flawlessly. I wish I was getting married again so that I could continue working with Kim! I tell everyone that hiring Kim was the best wedding decision I could have made.

Reviewed on 7/07/2017 Jackie E

Kim was absolutely amazing for our April wedding at the Wild Dunes Resort. We're from Cincinnati so she gave countless recommendations for vendors and they all turned out fabulous. The most amazing part was during the last weeks of planning there were a lot of small things that... Read More I either didn't think of or decided I didn't have time for and she took care of it all. She went above and beyond to bake a homemade (delicious!) grooms cake and gave me the idea to use postcards for my guestbook. She even went out the night before the wedding to get the postcards! She really was amazing to work with!

Reviewed on 5/29/2017 Cora S

Kim was amazing! She did such a great job planning our wedding and it turned out perfectly. She took care of all the little things I was worried about without me even having to say anything. She really knows weddings and knows all the important things that I never even thought... Read More of. Having here there on the day of was the best thing ever. I reccomend having a planner since it takes so much stress off of you during the planning processes and on the day of, and if you do hire one then it should be Kim. I cannot thank her and her assistant Tanner enough for how perfect they made our wedding - I wouldn't have change a single thing. Best wedding planner in Charleston!

Reviewed on 5/19/2017 Taylor S

Kim was such a joy to work with! By far, her best quality is her ability to stay both composed and relaxed while running the show. She made me feel at ease during the entire process (and especially the day of), which allowed me to truly relax and enjoy my wedding day. I also... Read More loved her vision and pre-wedding attention to detail. Overall, she did an excellent job managing a large wedding with lots of moving parts, and I am grateful to have found her!

Reviewed on 4/02/2017 Riki L

What an amazing woman to work with! My husband and I weren't even planning to hire a wedding coordinator but our venue required us to have one, so we met Kim. We loved her instantly when we met her! She definitely took charge and helped me relax and enjoy the wedding. She was... Read More always there for me the months before just to answer questions​ and check on me to see if we needed any help. I am so glad our venue requested a coordinator from us, that we got the pleasure of working and becoming friends with Kim! Thank you again so much! Chad and Riki

Reviewed on 3/01/2017 Derek S

Kim and Tanner were absolutely phenomenal as 'day of coordinators' for my wedding. The first time I spoke with Kim, her sweet and confident attitude assured me that she would take care of all the nitty gritty day- of details and this amazing lady delivered! She is very... Read More professional, knows her stuff (she anticipated things I never considered), so genuine, positive and throughout the wedding always remained cool , calm and collected. She ensured that my husband and I enjoyed every minute of our special day and was also a huge help during rehearsal. I highly recommend Kim and Tanner to anyone looking for assistance planning and coordinating a wedding!

Reviewed on 1/30/2017 Lauren F

Before we had decided on Charleston for our wedding destination, I interviewed 3 other planners to help me narrow down my decision. I, myself have a planner personality, so I knew this job would take someone special to fill. The instant connection we had due to her... Read More down-to-earth, yet totally on-top-of it personality made me feel like we had known each other for years. She made me feel completely comfortable with my wedding in her hands and felt like an extension of myself during the wedding planning process. She was our feet on the ground in Charleston and went to numerous wedding venues to take photos and explore to help us choose the perfect venue, sight unseen. She was always professional and organized during all vendor meetings and phone calls throughout the year long process. She managed through all my crazy changes, additions, and stress meltdowns, which was certainly not always the easiest! Being a destination bride, she gladly stored all of our items that were sent to her and kept them organized. She put together, and delivered, all of our welcome bags to the hotel for guest arrival. Day of, she kept everything running as smoothly as possible, and defused all fires without me knowing a thing. She even made sure my husband had his favorite hot sauce at our table! Our day turned out absolutely wonderful thanks to her vision and expertise. Kim surely lives up to her company name, Southern Grace.

Reviewed on 12/18/2016 Heidi D

Kim was absolutely amazing! I don't know how she does it with her regular full time job and also wedding planning for not only me, but many other brides as well. We were planning our wedding in Charleston although currently living in Greenville, SC but I had full confidence in... Read More Kim. She is very organized and answered all of my texts and emails and spent hours on the phone planning last minute details. She talks to you like a friend and I felt like it was a friend planning my wedding instead of just a "vendor". I could not have made my wedding run as smoothly as it did without her! Kim made sure everything went as planned and I did not have to worry about a thing on the day of our wedding. She is very talented at what she does and I would highly recommend her to anyone planning a wedding or an event. I'm so happy I chose her to plan and organize our wedding! :)

2016-12-19T11:20:32 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Heidi and Joe! Being your wedding planner was so much fun, and I'm so happy to have you both as friends now:) P.S.- I loved my Christmas Card!

Reviewed on 11/10/2016 Kathryn P

Hiring Kim at Southern Grace Event Planning to coordinate my wedding was easily one of the best decisions I made. We had an intimate destination ceremony so it was really helpful to have Kim in Charleston working her magic. Most people close to me know that I like to be in... Read More control, but I really wanted to enjoy planning my wedding and not stress out the whole time. From the moment I talked to Kim on the phone, I had complete faith in her. He is organized, knowledge, compassionate, and her passion shows in everything she does. I don't think we could have had a more stress-free experience, and that is completely because of Kim. She also made herself available whenever we needed, and went above and bottoms when I couldn't find the right officiant. But above all that, Kim is a great person, she is someone I truelu admire, and I now consider her a friend.

2016-11-12T07:19:07 Response from the vendor

Thank You so much Kathryn! Your wedding was such a privilege to help you create! I feel so honored to have been your officiant as well! I really enjoyed that entire day with you and Derek! It was a magical Charleston wedding for sure!

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Kelsey R

My fiancé and I took on the challenge of a destination wedding. Being the unorganized woman I am, I knew I wouldn't be able to do it on my own. I interviewed 5 wedding planners and Kimberly stuck out in my mind above all the others. The one thing she said to me is "I will be... Read More your best friend through this" and she was nothing short of amazing. Any time I needed a vendor recommendation or needed advice, she pointed me in the direction which lead to the most amazing wedding I could have ever hoped or dreamed for. She truly put her own bit of love and support into every little thing and I could never thank her enough for that. Her happiness rubs off on you when you're letting the little stresses get you down and reminds you that this should be the happiest times of your life and there is nothing to worry about. If you're looking for someone who will be more than just a wedding planner but who will also actually become your best friend, she is your gal. Kimberly, we could never have done it without you!

2016-10-18T11:56:17 Response from the vendor

This is such an amazing review! It gives me goose bumps that I was able to be such an important part of your big day! It really could not have been any more perfect!! I promise you and Jimmy will be a friend for life!!... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/22/2016 Kerry B

Kim went above and beyond anything we could imagine! Our whole wedding went perfect because of her. Hiring Kim was our best decision for our wedding!

Reviewed on 7/07/2016 Whitney B

There are not enough great words I could say about Kim at Southern Grace Event Planning! My husband and I are from NH and got engaged in Charleston back in June 2015, so naturally we fell in love with the area and instantly knew we wanted to say our vows and tie the knot a year... Read More later! Not being from the area I knew I needed someone to help with planning and ultimately someone who would stand up and be present when I physically could not. Kim was my person. I knew from the moment I spoke on the phone with her and the quick and timely response I ALWAYS received. She gave me her best advice and recommendations. The planning process was not stressful and I truly got to enjoy the full year of wedding planning as it flies by so quickly! She really listened to me and got the vision I had for the wedding. All of her vendor recommendations were perfect for us. Making sure that we stayed in budget but also making sure that it did not affect the quality of service we received. We got married at the Carriage House at Magnolia Gardens and when my family and friends walked through the doors, seeing all of the wedding planning that took place over a year come together, they were in complete Awe! I was SO happy! Everything looked so beautiful. It's like my Pinterest board came to life and it was everything I had imagined but it's was even better because it was ours. Kim made it happen, I could not have done it without her. I am so grateful to have gotten to work with her. She made the whole process painless and most importantly enjoyable! She is so professional but also very fun, friendly, and passionate. If you are thinking about hiring a wedding planner, I highly recommend Kimberly at Southern Grace Event Planning. It was the best decision my husband and I made. Kim, thank you again, our day was absolutely perfect. 6/22/16 <3

Reviewed on 6/11/2016 Brittany R

Kim was so great throughout the entire process! We did not think that we needed a coordinator and probably wouldn't have had one if it hadn't been for our venue requirement but we are so happy that we were made to have one. I couldn't have asked for a more professional... Read More coordinator. Even when the weather took a turn for the worst (we had originally planned an outside ceremony), Kim remained calm, cool and collected and made sure that everything went off without a hitch. The entire experience with her was an unforgettable one and I couldn't imagine the day without her. She went above and beyond in everything that she did and we are so grateful to her!

Reviewed on 6/10/2016

test

Reviewed on 5/17/2016 Jessica T

Hiring Kimberly with Southern Grace Event Planning (formerly Jade & Lynn Events) as my wedding coordinator was my second all time best choice (1st being my husband!). She is such a friendly and kind person we immediately hit it off and I knew she would have our best interests in... Read More mind. Her attention to detail, professionalism, and overall planning is second to none. She is also one of the most organized people I've met. All friends/family told me to be prepared for something to go wrong, and I was... but NOTHING did! Our wedding could not have been more perfect. I would recommend Kimberly to anyone and everyone planning a wedding, or any other event! She may be new in the business now but will be the number one sought after coordinator in no time.

Reviewed on 5/17/2016 Laura T

Kimberly was so helpful! We had a destination wedding for our daughter and couldn't have done it without her. She offered great ideas and important suggestions as well as being a warm, friendly person. It was a great day thanks to all of her help. I would gladly recommend Kim... Read More for wedding party coordinator/planner

2016-05-17T12:56:04 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Laura!! I absolutely adored your family!! Everyone was beyond helpful and I'm so thankful I got to be part of the team for Jessica and Preston's big day!! I truly love them to pieces:)

Reviewed on 5/10/2016

Kim was an absolute pleasure to work with. She made the day totally carefree and as fun as possible for my husband and myself. We didn't have the easiest timeline and had lots of moving parts, but Kim and her team were able to tackle them all without even a hiccup. I can... Read More honestly say it's thanks 100% to Southern Grace Event Planning that my Mills House wedding was the best day of my life.

2016-05-10T18:51:43 Response from the vendor

Thank You so much Susie! It was all my pleasure:) You and Kyle were a dream to work with and we enjoyed every second of your wedding!! Thank you again for letting us be on your team for your big day!!

Reviewed on 4/07/2016 Kat B

Kimberly did a great job for our day of wedding planning. She went above and beyond to make sure everything was organized, and we had everything we wanted. She recommended a great DJ for us (DJ Catherine Miller), and kept us on schedule with our vendors. She was always readily... Read More available to answer any questions we might have, and so easy to work with! I recommend her for any wedding!

2016-05-10T12:23:38 Response from the vendor

I'm so glad I was able to be part of your big day!! You were a stunning bride Kat!! Thank you for your kind words!!

Wonderful coordinator!!!

Reviewed on 12/02/2015 Valerie T

Kimberly was fantastic! I felt so comfortable with her and consider her to be some of the best money I spent at my wedding! I felt comfortable with her instantly! She provided Day-of services for a phenomenal rate, met with me on two separate occasions months before the... Read More wedding, was well-organized, held decorations for me at her house (ours was a destination wedding), and really went the extra mile to make sure everything was perfect! A week before the wedding I had finally found the perfect opal necklace and was having it customized with a jeweler who promised me it would be ready in time. As the event neared, it became obvious that the jeweler didn't even remember my wedding, much less when I needed my necklace! When the day came and my necklace wasn't there, Kimberly offered to go searching for another necklace for me with only hours to spare even though her time was already filled with making sure the other details were in order. Within an hour and a half, she had located a beautiful opal necklace, approved it by me, bought it and returned with the necklace in hand! She went above and beyond to make sure it was the perfect day! I highly, highly recommend Kimberly and her services!!!!

#1 Wedding Planner

Reviewed on 5/22/2015 Meagan T

I chose Kimberly with Jade & Lynn Events as my day of coordinator and it may have been the best decision I made (besides saying “I do”). She was unbelievably organized and professional. She created a great relationship with all of the vendors and there was always a great and... Read More open line of communication. When I walked into the reception venue I was so grateful that Kimberly had somehow taken my vision and executed it even better than I could imagine. My husband and our families were able to enjoy ourselves and our special day and Kimberly was fantastic with her magic timeline and coordination. With her working with the photographer (see ashleyamberphotos) we were able to get every photo we wanted and we will cherish those memories FOREVER! I would recommend Kimberly to anyone planning a wedding or event, she is wonderful at what she does and about the sweetest most patient person I have ever had the pleasure of working with.

2015-05-23T14:08:42 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for such kind words. I'm happy I was able to bring your vision to reality. You were a dream to work with. Congratulations to you and Phillip!

Kimberly Hiltz

Kimberly is originally from Richmond, Virginia and has always had an eye for event planning. Living in Charleston has fueled her fire to offer affordable wedding and event planning in this great city! Multitasking is her forte and she works best under pressure. Her love for planning weddings &amp; events grows more and more each day. With numerous events already on the calendar, she is ready to plan the wedding of your dreams!