Classic, Lifestyle

Bridal Portraits, Engagement, Trash The Dress

Greenville, SC (864) 992-9793

Reviewed on 6/22/2017 Emily S

Curtis and Emily did an amazing job and captured every moment. I would highly recommend them! Pictures were ready fast and were incredible!

Reviewed on 9/10/2016 Rebecca E

Amber was amazing with our wedding day photography. She had a list, was very efficient and organized. She was creative and added her expertise to the list we gave her. We can't stop looking at the awesome pictures that captured every aspect of the greatest day of our lives.... Read More Amber is very personable and willing to wrangle in the groomsmen when needed. She kept everything on schedule and minimized the amount of time our family and friends were outside in the heat and humidity. We do not have one negative comment for Amber; she even delivered our gorgeous photos rather quickly after our wedding day.

Reviewed on 9/07/2016 Lauren D

Charlie Jones did a phenomenal job on our video! I barely saw him the day of the wedding but our video captured all of our special moments and he really captured the magic of the day. I'm so happy with my choice!!

Reviewed on 7/20/2016 Peter E

Amber was so patient with me along the engagement process answering all my questions. She took the most amazing pictures for my engagement and wedding day. I couldn't have picked a better photographer!

Reviewed on 6/28/2016 Kayla B

Southern Jewel is wonderful!! Charlie, Amber, and the rest of the staff do a wonderful job at capturing the moments of any event for you. They work quickly to get the material back to you in a timely manner. I would recommend Southern Jewel Photography!

Reviewed on 6/14/2016

Words can cannot describe how amazing Southern Jewel Photography is! They were so easy to work with and helped me so much on the wedding day! I love the video, it brings tears to my eyes as I relive that day over and over again. The photo were stunning and it makes it hard to... Read More choose which ones to frame because I love them all!

The Dynamic Duo

Reviewed on 12/17/2015 Bridie W

Southern Jewel is an awesome company! They are professional all while making you feel like family. Southern Jewel has packages priced to fit your budget with realistic payment plans. Amber & Charlie are a great couple with unbelievable talent. We recommend them to any couple... Read More looking for a full service photography/videography for your wedding! Thanks Southern Jewel for making our day great!

Best quality and price!

Reviewed on 12/08/2015

My wedding was 4 months ago and I'm still getting comments about how great my video and photos turned out! I loved working with the Southern Jewel crew and would highly recommend then to anyone. They are actually doing my sisters wedding in Wilmington NC next. Can't wait to work... Read More with them again :)

Dream wedding

Reviewed on 12/08/2015 Rachel M

Words cannot even express the gratitude we have to Southern Jewel Photography for filming and photographing our big day! They are amazing!!! Planning a wedding from 500 miles away can be a little difficult especially when you are unable to get the time to meet with your vendors... Read More before hand. Amber and Charlie helped to really make that less stressful planning before hand! We feel so blessed that Southern Jewel Photography was a big part of our day! Emily and Curtis shot such beautiful photographs on our wedding day and Brandon did beyond amazing on the video of our wedding! Emily, Curtis and Brandon were all very professional the day of the wedding. I knew the first moment I met them on our wedding day that the video and all photos would be perfect. My husband is in the Coast Guard and I am praying we get closer to South Carolina so when we have kids we can have maternity photos and such done by Southern Jewel Photography. We would spend extra money for them to travel to take our photos! From everything before the wedding to the wedding day and now after with receiving our blue ray dvd and usb drive with our photos VERY fast this company is perfect!!! You will regret it if you do not choose them for your photography and videography needs!! Can't believe the deal we got for this outstanding work! 8 hours of photography with 2 photographers and 8 hours of video with 1 videographer. You will pay double if not more for this type of work and time! Thank you so much again Amber, Charlie, Emily, Curtis, and Brandon for helping our day perfect and easy with no stress! You guys rock!! Jon and Rachel Adams wedding 11-21-15

Turned the rainiest day into the BEST pictures!!!

Reviewed on 11/26/2015 Courtney P

Southern Jewel Photography was the absolute best! Our warm, sunny wedding day fell victim to a cold front and Hurricane Joaquin and it downpoured for a majority of the day. Amber was extremely accommodating and worked well in what became a more crowded location for our... Read More pictures than planned (all pictures were supposed to be outside but had to be in the reception area with guests running around all over the place forcing us to remind everyone numerous times to stay out of our shots). She captured the day beautifully and used the weather to our advantage and took some truly unique photos we would not have had otherwise. The quality of the photos are amazing and our prints were edited and sent to us in an extremely timely matter. Amber is also a really sweet, kind, and fun person which made working with her even more of a pleasure. I would definitely recommend hiring Southern Jewel Photography for any of life moments you would like captured.

The Best!

Reviewed on 11/02/2015 Jordan English

Southern Jewel did the photography, videography, and photo booth for my wedding. I don't even know where to begin with all of the good things I can say! I knew I liked them from the first time we met. They're very realistic when discussing what you want, and they don't rush or... Read More push you to make any decisions. They give you questionnaires to fill out before the event to get all the info that they'll need, so you don't have to worry about anything the day of. It's also perfect for anyone who has very specific requests. They are some of the nicest people out there and I feel that they can get along with ANYone. They have that special gift of making you feel like you've known them for way longer than you really have. They were hands-down my most responsive vendor, and the best at communication in general, which meant so much throughout the wedding planning process (there is nothing worse than bad communication when it comes to wedding planning) and also after. They always kept us in the loop and made sure that we were prepared and comfortable with everything going on. Unfortunately, there was a horrible storm the day of my wedding which definitely changed what we had planned. But it did not change how amazing my photos and video turned out. Amber and Charlie were so calm even when feelings of stress were present, and they definitely helped me to stay calm as well. I was so amazed at how incredibly fast they were at getting the photos and videos back to us after our wedding. That is something that some people may not take into consideration when choosing a photographer/videographer- but it made a huge difference because all you want to do right after your wedding is re-live the whole thing (AND I wouldn't have been able to handle my family and friends asking me for pictures another day longer). I have since gotten SO many compliments from my guests and everyone who has seen their work. There is much obsession over our 3-minute wedding video (if you're on the fence about getting the video, I highly recommend it) and it brought many to tears. The wedding is over and the photos, video, and memories are what we're left with, which is why choosing this vendor is such a big deal (if you don't agree with me now, you will later). My husband and I are SO thankful to have such wonderful pieces to look back on to re-live such a special day. Amber, Charlie, and their team are very talented at what they do and it clearly shows. Everything that they provide (physical and non) is worth every penny and more. Southern Jewel is the definition of a dream team, and our wedding wouldn't have been the same without them. We wouldn't replace them for the world!

Awesome Photographers

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Molly S

I absolutely loved the turn out of my photos. I was very worried because it was pouring rain the entire day and didn't know how the indoor pictures would come out, but they were amazing! :) The two associate photographers I had were quick and on the ball!

Simply Amazing

Reviewed on 9/17/2015 Tori R

Southern Jewel Photography/Videography is simply AMAZING! Charlie & Amber are the best of the best! From our Engagement, Bridal session, & Wedding pictures, Southern Jewel always brought tears to my eyes every time I would see the finished product. My husband and I couldn't... Read More imagine someone else capturing our special day. SJP knows exactly what they are doing when it comes to photography & videography. I guess it comes natural to them when you have a career in something you love and while the happy couple get to do it together. Now that our wedding has come and gone, I sit here and think "now when can I have another portrait session so we can work with Amber & Charlie again". :) Most Brides think you don't need a Video to remember your special day, I must admit I was one of those Brides in the beginning. I am so happy we decided to do the Videography. I've watched our video over & over and its only been a month since the Wedding. It's the little things on your wedding day that you forget about & Charlie captures every moment possible. So glad my husband & I can consider Charlie & Amber friends. If your looking for an Phenomenal photography group & great friends, SJP is the way to go!

Reviewed on 8/01/2015 Leah J

Southern Jewel Photography is amazing! We booked them to do our Engagement shoot at our apartment & in our neighborhood in Asheville, NC. They came up & made us feel so comfortable with them even though we had not met them yet. They were prepared & professional & really fun to... Read More work with. We got a flash drive of all of our fully edited digital images within a week of having our shoot. I was shocked at how fast they got them to me. They were absolutely stunning! As soon as we saw the images from the engagement shoot, we knew we just had to hire them to photograph our wedding as well. We are so glad we did! We just got the flash drive of all of our images from the wedding & they are AMAZING! They caught every moment that we wanted to to capture & more! Well worth the investment! We definitely recommend them. They go above & beyond. You can tell they love what they do. Hopefully we will need another photo shoot in the future & we can book them again! Nothing but the best to say about Amber & Charlie!

Abbigail Felton

Reviewed on 7/29/2015 Abbigail H

I had a vision for my wedding to be classic, elegant and intimate, Southern Jewel captured this perfectly through our pictures. They captured all the special moments that were important to us, from the moment Jeff saw me enter the room, to my mother praying over our rings to my... Read More father giving a funny toast. The results were beautiful and I loved sharing them with others! Amber was a pleasure to work with and made me feel very comfortable in front of the camera!

Videography

Reviewed on 7/28/2015

My husband and I were very pleased with the videography of our wedding. Charlie was very easy and great to work with. Setting up appointments before the wedding was very easy as well. The video of our wedding turned out great and with awesome quality.

Love our wedding video!

Reviewed on 7/28/2015 Claire J

We hired Southern Jewel Photography for our professional videography for our wedding and were very impressed! Charlie was very helpful and professional throughout the time we worked together and always answered e-mails in a timely manner. He did a wonderful job capturing all of... Read More the details we discussed and we were extremely happy with the finished product. Turnover was really quick, we were able to watch our video short while on our honeymoon! Fantastic service at an unbeatable price, win win!

Southern Jewel is THE BEST

Reviewed on 7/28/2015

Charlie was our videographer for the wedding and I truly just can't say enough about how amazing his work is. My mom and I sat and watched our highlight video the night Charlie sent it to me and we both ended up crying (happy tears, of course)! It was a perfect representation of... Read More our special wedding day and he caught so many of the moments we never want to forget. The ceremony and reception videos are equally as wonderful as well. I know as a bride you want someone who not only does quality work, but also someone who has a great personality to uplift the day - instead of bringing it down. Charlie and Amber both are so easy and fun to work with. They take stress away from the day and keep a great attitude the entire time. We also had the photobooth at our wedding and it was a HIT!! People stayed in the booth the whole time and we enjoyed looking at the pictures of our guests afterwards! Some of them are hilarious to say the least. I recommend Southern Jewel to absolutely anyone who wants their special event captured beautifully :)

Wedding video

Reviewed on 7/28/2015 Sydney Q

Charlie did a fantastic job on our wedding video!! We did the ceremony only package and I was very very pleased with the final product! He arrived on time (actually he arrived early!) and was very professional throughout.

Fabulous!!

Reviewed on 5/20/2015 Meredith B

Southern Jewel Photography was amazing!! They were such a pleasure to work with, responded to questions immediately, and our wedding video is everything I dreamed it would be! I've watched it probably 100 times and cry every time! They are just as good if not better than the... Read More videographers who want to charge an arm and a leg. I am extremely picky about quality of footage and they were hands down the best investment we made for our big day!!

3/7/15 Wedding

Reviewed on 5/09/2015

Southern Jewel is amazing! Amber and Charlie are awesome to work with and so accommodating. The minute you meet them your mind will be made up. They make you feel comfortable and like family from the very first consultation. My husband and I were laughing non stop throughout our... Read More engagement photos and they just made it so natural. Amber and Charlie as well as other members of the team were amazing at our wedding too! The photos and video that we have could not be more perfect! I cried happy tears when we got it all back! And the photobooth was a huge hit! I just can't say enough about SJP! Amber and Charlie are not only crazy talented, but they are awesome people too! I highly recommend them!

Great Videographer!

Reviewed on 4/20/2015 Tish B

We chose Southern Jewel when we decided to add a videographer last minute, and they worked very efficiently to provide us with a high quality result for our wedding!

Amazing Pictures!

Reviewed on 4/12/2015

Amber and her assistant did a great job during our wedding. They were attentive to our requests and the peculiarities of our wedding, and they were able to be both flexible and well-prepared. I can't imagine how any other photographer duo could have done a better job, and we... Read More were particularly pleased with how much more affordable Amber's rates were compared with some other options out there. Highly recommended.

So much fun!!

Reviewed on 2/17/2015 Stephen G

We had such an amazing time with Charlie and Amber at our engagement shoot! They were such a joy to work with. They communicated great before our shoot and got us our pictures quickly. At the actual shoot, they squeezed everything we wanted to do into the time we had - no... Read More small feat! And to top it all off, we had an incredibly amazing and fun time with them as our photographers - the whole shoot was just a blast!!

Great Wedding Photographer for Upstate SC

Reviewed on 12/09/2014 Leah S

Amber with Southern Jewel Photography is fantastic! She exceeded mine and my husband's expectations for our wedding photos. Amber is very accomodating, energetic, timely, and organized. I met Amber through a friend who had previously used her for her wedding, and I could not... Read More wait to have her photograph my own wedding! She has a way of making you feel very comfortable and encourages you to challenge her to make your photos unique and special to you. She met with us several times prior to our event to go over details as they progressed and changed through out our 1 year engagement. I had specific poses and shots in mind prior to our wedding day, and she made sure to capture them all. Even when I felt overwhelmed and considered eliminating a photo opportunity because of time constraints, she would remind me that it was my special day and made it work! Because of her amazing photography skills, our photos tell a story, photos that we can look back on and remember the entire day's events. Thank you Amber!!!