Traditionally Modern, Gracefully Classic, Sass

At Southern Protocol Bridal, we welcome you as a friend and want you to leave as family. Each appointment is a party where we encourage you to relax, sip some bubbly, and enjoy your experience. Dream big, ask questions, be creative, and, most importantly, have fun! Even if your dress is not here, our joy is to have you to walk away energized, excited, and educated on how to find the one for you.

Mother of the Bride Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Bridal Stylists, Custom Designs, Plus Size Available, Private Appointments Available, Fashion Services, Fashion

164 Market Street, Suite B, Charleston, SC (843) 212-5160

Reviewed on 8/06/2017 Emily B

All around amazing store and experience! Beautiful selection of gowns and accessories to accommodate a range of styles and price points. Michelle provides a seamless experience and was a complete joy to work with!

Reviewed on 7/23/2017 Carmelina S

Dress shopping at Southern Protocol Bridal with Michelle is what every bride imagines the event will be like! The store is beautiful and Michelle is incredibly attentive and dedicated. When I wanted to try on a specific gown that was not in stock, she ordered and had it shipped... Read More for me to try on that week! Michelle is knowledgeable about her gowns and the designers, very communicative by phone and email, and genuinely cares about her brides. I shopped at 7 different bridal salons and Southern Protocol Bridal was hands-down my best experience.

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Kyle H

The shop is beautiful, the dresses are beyond amazing and I loved that I had it all to myself. Michelle was so sweet and helpful, I have the fondest memories of finding my dress now. She is very quick to respond to emails, and keeps me up to date on my dress as it's being... Read More made/shipped. I can't wait to go back for my fittings, well worth traveling to go see them! They won't disappoint!

Reviewed on 6/04/2017 Mim S

This place is absolutely incredible. Southern Protocol was the first gown shop we went to and thank goodness for that! The gown selection there is beyond what I could have imagined. They have beautifully structured fitted gowns, romantic flowing gowns, elegant a-line gowns,... Read More and just about every style a bride could want. While the unique selection of gowns initially won me over, working with Michelle really set this boutique apart from other shops we visited. Michelle has extensive knowledge of the designers and each of their gowns. She made me feel so comfortable and cared for throughout the entire process. Her support and genuine desire to provide us with a fun and special experience during our appointment was incomparable to any other place. I'm so thankful I learned about her shop and would absolutely recommend other brides to at least make it one of their stops! You will be so happy you did.

Reviewed on 4/04/2017 Katelynn R

I'm a Charleston Wedding Planner but recently had my bride-moment when I got married here in February! By choosing to go to Southern Protocol, you are choosing to have the best experience of your entire planning process! As a bride, I loved my experience with Southern... Read More Protocol (and I had been to a couple other boutiques prior) and truly appreciated the level of service offered here! Working with Michelle was one of my favorite parts of being a bride (she is THE best!) and I'll tell you why... Buying the dress: From the first time I walked in the door (the cutest salon ever tugged on my Kate-Spade-loving heartstrings), my mom and I were treated like queens. We were able to have a mid-week private appointment the day I found my dress which was so special for us. We were allowed to browse and choose some things we liked and take as many photos as we wanted (makes a difference when trying on different styles!). I tried several dresses on and was allowed to walk in them, try different accessories with the ones I really loved, etc. Once I found "the one" Michelle walked us through the process + what we could do to customize the gown. After I placed my order that day, I realized I wanted to add buttons to the back - all I did was email Michelle, she contacted the designer, and it was done! Dress Arrived from Designer: When my dress arrived, Michelle contacted me to come in and try it on. It fit like a glove - testament to Michelle's abilities to properly take measurements (I've heard so many horror stories as a planner about dress measurements gone South!) Southern Protocol also kept my dress on-site, so I never had to worry about taking it home or storing it. Other Appointments: Michelle was always open to me coming in and trying on the dress again and again! She never turned this down + always encouraged it. I realized partway through my planning that I wanted an overskirt. I was able to consult with Michelle, she sourced a few great options, and I came in to try some amazing items! I also ended up finding a beautiful belt + veil from So Pro too! Alterations: Alterations are easy with Southern Protocol. They have someone "in-house" that works with their brides - which means, they are familiar with their dresses. I came in with all of my stuff, Michelle was there to oversee everything and it was easy breezy. I was unfortunately in the middle of a cross-country move, and scheduled my appointment to try on my altered dress just 4 days before my wedding in Charleston. I came in and the fit was absolutely perfect! After the Wedding: You're contacted by the boutique after the wedding to be featured as part of their "Our Belle" campaign. It spotlights real brides that they work with everyday! It was a fun way to recap the big day, share photos with them (they love gushing over pretty brides, who doesn't) and be featured as a bride! I know that was lengthy, but a true spotlight on the experience from start to finish. I will recommend Southern Protocol again and again + definitely go there for any future needs - formal parties, anniversaries, etc. Thank you for going above + beyond in style, service + sass! Y'all are amazing! xoxo

Meet The Manager

Michelle Miller

As a self-taught fashionista, Michelle is drawn to designers based on the quality of their work and attention to detail. She seeks artists who delve into fine pleats, thoughtful drapes, and craft construction. She loves to partner with designers who are comfortable with customization and open to executing unique visions. She loves that Southern Protocol Bridal provides all clients with the flexibility to be creative in French silk and couture lace at a comparable price while offering genuinely kind customer service.