Southview Country Club

Ballroom, Country Club

Planning

239 Mendota Road East, St. Paul, MN (651) 451-6856

Reviewed on 9/05/2016 Yana W

My husband Bruce and I would like to thank you,De Anna Paulette and every team member of Southview Country Club,who contributed to our wonderful Wedding Reception on August 27th. We are truly delighted with a great service,organization and food! Special thank you to De Anna for... Read More helping us on time with a Guest Seating Chart which was a last minute change.She did a good job,printing and framing it for us.Thank you so much! We would like to express our appreciation to every SCC staff member who was involved into creating our special day! We will remember your commitment and friendly approach. The dancing floor was absolutely perfect! It was an unforgettable night of fantastic music and dancing! There is a very nice,spacious room available for a Bride and Bridesmaids to have some private time for make up,clothes adjustments and relaxation. We feel confident to recommend a Southview Country Club as a good venue to celebrate a Big Day or any other significant life event.The outdoor scenery is beautiful! Thank you for warm and colourful memories!

October Wedding

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Ellie G

Southview Country Club was the perfect place to have our wedding reception. It had everything we were looking for - outdoor space, lots of windows, beautiful fall colors on the golf course, spacious, etc. De Anna was simply amazing to work with. She always answered my... Read More emails/questions in a timely manner and made the planning process a lot less stressful. I would highly recommend Southview, everyone was outstanding!

Wedding reception

Reviewed on 10/07/2015 Katie S

Our wedding reception took place at SVCC. We absolutely loved it. It was beautiful and were able to get many great pictures on the golf course and inside the venue. All the staff their was amazing and made sure that everything that we needed was their and for us to use. De Anna... Read More the event corrdinator was very knowledgable,and always willing to help with any questions you need answered regarding the venue. I could not have picked a better place to have our reception. The food was amazing. We did a Italian buffet and the guest had nothing but great things to say about the food. The venue was very spacious and we also had excess to the patio that was right off of the ball room we used. The view on the patio was pretty of the greenery from the golf course. We are very happy we made the decision to have our reception at SVCC and would definetly recommend having a reception their to anyone.

September Wedding

Reviewed on 9/28/2015 Becky S

We had our wedding here early September. The venue is beautiful, food is great, and the service is outstanding. De Anna, the event coordinator, was awesome to work with and went above and beyond with her service. We greatly appreciated all her help throughout the planning... Read More process. The chicken and beef we had was loved by all our guests. They have a beautiful patio to enjoy for weddings in warmer weather. We would recommend this place to anyone, all of guests said one of the best weddings they have been too.

Reasonable & Tasteful

Reviewed on 9/24/2015 Brenda M

I was amazed by the staff and their help as I prepared for our wedding day. Our coordinator was available when any question or change came up and the day itself was magical and tasteful, yet not expensive. That is hard to find in the Twin Cities. You cannot go wrong with... Read More Southview Country Club. Amazing staff, service and price!

Great Venue

Reviewed on 8/19/2015

We had our wedding reception at Southview and it was a great venue to work with. What we loved: Food/Drink- very accomemedating and yummy food for a vegetarian groom! Dance space- enough space away that the dancers can dancers, and non-dancers can still carry on... Read More conversation. De Anna and Staff- were great to work with, had all of our extra set-up, very friendly Scenery- made for some great pictures

AMAZING VENUE!

Reviewed on 7/27/2015 Ellen S

The staff and DeAnna were AMAZING! Prompt, supportive, kind, friendly all around AWESOME SERVICE! Our venue was gorgeous, we took photos on the grounds and they are wonderful!

Parent of the Bride

Reviewed on 7/21/2015

Our guests for our daughter's wedding were as impressed with Southview as we were. The floor space provided comfortable seating for 240 guests and it was nice to have a separate space for the dance so that no one had to give up their table to make room for dancing. DeAnna and... Read More the rest of the staff were so helpful and willing to assist as needed. The food was fantastic and we received many rave reviews on it. The patio provided a nice get away for a quiet spot to visit. The photographer enjoyed taking pictures on the beautiful grounds outside. Thanks Southview for helping provide a memorable day!

Awesome Venue

Reviewed on 7/17/2015 Diana H

I just recently had my wedding and Southview Country Club and could not be more impressed with the serve and overall location. The reception hall is beautiful and the golf course helped make some great pictures. I would recommend this location to anyone!

Amazing

Reviewed on 7/02/2015 Maureen B

Southview Country Club was a great place for our reception of ~200 people. The Coordinator, De Anna, was an absolute joy to work with and a VERY helpful person; she was very prompt in returning emails and always responded to my MANY questions. She was very clear with her... Read More answers and always willing to help with anything that we needed. The appetizers and main course were all very delicious!!-many guests commented on how good the food was. It was also a very classy and well put together reception room. Overall, Southview Country Club exceeded our expectations and we would highly recommend them for any event.

Couldn't have been better!

Reviewed on 7/01/2015 Matthew W

SVCC is a phenomenal place for a reception. The grounds were absolutely perfect for wedding pictures. The patio was a great option for our guests to use. The service from De Anna and her staff was impeccable. Everything went so smoothly. The meetings prior to our reception... Read More helped get everyone on the same page. In addition to all of that, I have never heard more comments from our guests about how amazing the food was. Everyone was a part of the clean plate club at our wedding. Again, a top notch place to have a wedding reception. We couldn't have been happier! -Kirsten and Matt

Wonderful Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 6/08/2015 Jennifer T

When I first met with the coordinator at the Country Club I knew instantly that this was the perfect place to get married. The staff was very friendly and catered to our special needs. The day of the wedding went very smoothly being the bride I didn't have anything to worry... Read More about on that day. Whatever questions or concerns I did have they were taken care of or answered right away. My night went perfectly I could not ask for better service and food. I was very happy with the venue and the price I paid. Worth every penny. I would recommend this place to anybody who is getting married!

The IDEAL Venue for Us!

Reviewed on 11/21/2014 Samantha L

Southview was a great venue to work with. They were very accommodating of our requests to make this reception truly unique for us! Location: Easy to get to for our guests and just a few miles from our church and families. Space: Just enough space for our 250+ guests to be... Read More comfortable. Formal dining room, large dance floor and the bar is conveniently located for everyone. Food: We decided to go with a buffet and were able to choose a nice variety to please everyone. The food was amazing! I'm still getting compliments on it! We also had display appetizers that were set up beautifully. Price: Our price included room fee, dance floor, buffet and appetizers for 260+ guests, hosted beer and wine, ceiling draping, full service catering staff, taxes and service fee. It was less than we expected for being a Country Club that we don't belong to, especially when compared to other country clubs in the area that we inquired about. Service: The Catering Director was more than helpful and knows her job well. She was great to work with and available whenever we had questions. The staff was also very helpful and had the venue set perfectly. If I had to do it again, there isn't much I would change which I don't think most brides can say in hindsight. One bit of advice I will give to brides choosing their venue is to go with the recommended vendors that the venue suggests. They are the experts, and they know who works well and who does not in their space. I say this because we would have gone with their suggested DJ because ours wasn't set up properly for the space and difficult for most guests to hear. Thanks Southview!

Great venue

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Amanda S

I had a great experience with this venue. The catering director was great and easy to work with and the staff did a great job to make our wedding day special.

above and beyond

Reviewed on 10/06/2014 Taylor S

From day 1 I knew I wanted Southview as our venue. De Anna was amazing. Every time I spoke with her she put me at such ease with everything. I had no idea what I was doing and she gave me lists of things I would need and lists of things she would need from me. Day of our... Read More wedding, De Anna was there every step of the way. She's the reason my experience was so great. De Anna aside, the food was to die for. The guests of our day are still talking about the food! Everything tasted to perfection. The venue made for some gorgeous photos. All of the green, the trees and ponds made some of photos even better than I could have imagined!! I would recommend Southview to everyone. It was an outstanding experiance. I would have just about any occasion held there!

Olson Wedding Review

Reviewed on 9/24/2014 Lindsey Q

We just had our wedding at Southview a few weeks ago! It turned out beautiful! The room is a great size and the ceiling drapery is beautiful. We had many wonderful comments about how good the food was! The wedding coordinator De Anna was fabulous to work with and made our... Read More day wonderful! I would definitely recommend this venue to any newly engaged couples!

Southview Country Club - The perfect venue!

Reviewed on 9/23/2014 Sophie H

My husband, James, and I were married on August 30th, 2014 at the Church of the Assumption in downtown Saint Paul and held our reception at Southview Country Club in West Saint Paul. From the moment we stepped into Southview and met De Anna, we knew this place was the perfect... Read More venue! De Anna put our minds at ease as her organized plans kept us on schedule with food tastings, table layouts, guest counts, and everything in between down to the smallest details throughout the entire planning process. She even put together our timeline which we were able to give to all of our vendors. On our big day Julie was running the event as De Anna was in a wedding on the same day as our wedding. Julie and the staff were exceptional during the reception and everything had turned out exactly as we had hoped. The grounds of the course are beautiful and there are flowers in everything windowsill at the club. The patio was very pretty and the rooms inside were gorgeous with the twinkle lights and ceiling drapes. The food was awesome (I keep hearing from people how good the food was) and the staff were very friendly and thoughtful throughout the night. They recently added a brand new dance floor which was occupied all night long! Our guests are still telling us our wedding reception was the most fun one they had ever been to. We highly recommend Southview as the perfect place to hold your wedding reception. We guarantee planning the reception party will be the part of the planning process you worry the least about - all because De Anna and the Southview staff are a dream to work with.

You can't go wrong with Southview!

Reviewed on 9/17/2014 Megan H

My husband and I were married on June 14, 2014. I will be honest in saying that Southview was initially not the first place I had in mind as our reception venue. However, once we walked into the country club, saw the ballroom, and met with the wedding coordinator, DeAnna, I... Read More absolutely knew it was the right place for us. From that first meeting to the tasting to emailing the most random questions, Southview and DeAnna took amazing care of us and were so accommodating to our requests, concerns, and needs. There was a miscommunication at one point over how we had understood the menu and cost of something and DeAnna went out of her way to make it right and make sure we were happy. This went a long way with my fiance as well as my parents! :) I cannot say enough good things about DeAnna! I cannot imagine working with a different coordinator and was continuously impressed with the level of professionalism and ease in which DeAnna worked with us through the entire process. She made us feel like we were her sole priority, despite the fact that she had a million other things going on and always did so with a genuine smile on her face. As we neared the time of the wedding, DeAnna had such a sweet way of making me feel sane, despite me feeling like I was going crazy with wedding planning and making detailed charts of how I wanted things to be. When anyone else would have looked at me like I had worms crawling out of my ears, DeAnna simply looked at me with a smile on her face and made sure she was clear on the plan. Her biggest goal was to make sure I was happy and that things were executed exactly as I had envisioned to ensure I had the wedding of my dreams and we absolutely did! The other piece is that DeAnna was never pushy or overbearing, which is something I was actually worried about. She let us lead the way but was there every inch of the way to support us and answer our questions, without trying to push anything extra on us or do anything just because she thought it was better than something we had come up with. This meant a lot to me and my fiance. The food was great, service was excellent, and everything ran more smoothly than I could have ever imagined, thanks simply to DeAnna and her team at Southview. I keep looking back at pictures and thinking about the day and it doesn't even seem real to me! It was truly the best day of our lives and so much of that is thank to Southview! For anyone who has gotten married or is in the process of getting married, you understand some of the stress and craziness involved and the fact that you can have someone on your side to make sure everything goes as planned and you are happy and able to enjoy the process without extra stress! I am so thankful we went with Southview and we sincerely couldn't have asked to work with a better site or coordinator! We highly recommend this site and DeAnna for any reception!

Fantastic Venue/Team

Reviewed on 9/04/2014

We used Southview CC for our son's wedding in August 2014. Everything from start to finish was fantastic. De Anna and Julie do a great job in helping the couple coordinate the day. The food was wonderful and the service staff/bartenders were great. We used recommended vendors... Read More also and they did not disappoint. All in all Southview is a great venue with professional staff and we would highly recommend them!

Beautiful venue!

Reviewed on 7/24/2014 Kate B

I had the most wonderful experience with southview! First off De Anna is the sweetest most helpful wedding coordinator! Any question I had or concern she got back to me super fast and did everything in her power to make our day extra special! The day of the wedding some of my... Read More guests came early and the southview staff was very friendly and accommodating, furthermore the dinner and service was fantastic! I had multiple guests say how much they loved the food and the staff and how beautiful the venue was. I highly recommend SCC for any bride!

The Best Day of our Lives

Reviewed on 7/03/2014 Julie O

Southview Country Club was truly amazing. Our experience was everything we had hoped for, thanks to De Anna Paulette! She made all of our dreams come true, just as she promised. It was more beautiful and perfect than I could have ever imagined! From the first time we met... Read More with De Anna, she was so understanding of what our dreams were for our special day. She communicated with both myself and my mom on a very regular basis. Living in Rochester, it was sometimes challenging to plan our wedding in the Twin Cities, but not when it came to planning our reception. De Anna took care of ALL of the details, and always emailed or called with updates. I never hesitated to go to her with questions or changes. She accommodated our every wish and desire with a truly caring manner. She did everything in her power to make our day as special as it could be. When we were putting the final touches together and finishing final details with De Anna, she was very thorough and very complete. I never questioned where any of the costs came from; she gave them to us up front. Nothing was hidden or secret, there were no surprises when it came to the cost. At this time of the year (and all year round!), the golf course is absolutely beautiful. They do such a wonderful job making the course nothing less than amazing. From the flowers to the trees and even the grass, everything was gorgeous. Our photographers got some amazing photos of us on and around the greens, trees and flowers. The scenery was to die for! The food at our reception was nothing less of spectacular. We gave our guests the options of a sirloin steak, served as we requested, with the infamous Southview stuffed potatoes and asparagus, broasted chicken with stuffed potatoes and asparagus, as well as a vegetarian meal of grilled vegetable skewers with quinoa and a red pepper glaze. All of our meals were prepared gluten-free, per our request. The comments about the food and the atmosphere are still coming our way! Everyone had the most amazing experience at Southview Country Club. None of this amazing experience could have been possible without the help from all of the staff at Southview! Thank you, thank you, thank you to the staff for accommodating our every need, request and desire; I truly had no worries in the world on the day of our wedding! If I could do it all over again, I would not change one thing, especially choosing Southview Country Club to host our wedding reception.

Karen Brown

Reviewed on 11/03/2013 Karen D

We had our wedding at Southview Country Club on October 12th, 2013 and cannot say enough great things about the venue itself, its staff, the management, the food, the execution, the follow up etc. etc.! We worked mostly with De Anna Paulette who is their Catering Manager and... Read More she was absolutely fantastic. She was so helpful in the decision making process and was an absolute gem on the big day. My husband and I, the bridal party and all of the guests had a wonderful time and raved about the food and service. We highly recommend Southview Country Club!!!

Great to work with from start to finish!

Reviewed on 11/02/2013 Betsy M

Catering director is professional, knowledgeable, and shows excellent attention to detail. Beautiful venue with a large event space, lovely patio, and elegant entryway. Food was exceptional. Accommodated vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free diets with no hassle. Perfect... Read More wedding space for 100-300 guests. Amazing value for this gorgeous venue. Highly recommended!!

Perfect fall day at Southview

Reviewed on 10/24/2013 Heidi

Southview was perfect for my reception! De Anna was so helpful and resourceful. She was in contact the entire time and responded to emails right away. When I told her my vision she made it happen, offered suggestions, solutions and told me she could make anything I want happen.... Read More We took pictures on the course early in the day and De Anna was there to help with what ever she could. When we arrived back at Southview later that evening the candy buffet was set up, candles lit and the waiters walking around with plates full of bacon! My guests loved the bacon appetizer! We wanted our wedding to be all about us and it was from the bacon appetizers, candy buffet, flowers and elegant atmosphere of Sothview. I would recommend Southview to any one looking for an event location.

Loved Southview Country Club!

Reviewed on 10/18/2013 Brieanna T

We could not have asked for a better venue. From start to finish Southview took care of everything better then we had imagined. Their staff from the servers to the GM where professional and very attentive. DeAnna the catering director came on after we booked Southview. She took... Read More charge like she had been there for years. I'm still amazed how easy it was to have a wedding here. She coordinated a private tasting with the chef and got to meet him personally. Chef Steve was amazing and everyone raved about our apps and entree. The thing we heard most afterward from our guests was that everyone felt like they were treated like royalty...not just me. They were greeted with apps and drinks upon entering the venue and were attended to throughout. I loved the outdoor patio space that had access to the ballroom. The "separate" room for the dance floor worked out great so we didn't have to break down tables. Really pretty scenery for outdoor pics also. We will remain social members because of the amazing staff and food! Thank you DeAnna and the Southview staff!!