Sparkling Events & Designs, LLC

Serving Washington, D.C. Metro Area, Virginia, District of C

Wedding + Events + Paperie = Sparkling Events

Sparkling Events & Designs, LLC is a full-service, event planning and stationery design boutique. We specialize in creating unique weddings, events and luxurious designs. Our goal is to truly reflect our clients' style by combining beautiful concepts with modern flair and sophistication.

Engagement Party, After Party, Bachelor Party, Bridal Luncheon, Bridal Shower, Day After Brunch, Rehearsal Dinner, Welcome Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Destination Wedding Planning, A la Carte Wedding Planning, Budgeting, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, RSVP Tracking, Planning

Serving Washington, D.C. Metro Area , Aldie, VA Serving Washington, D.C. Metro Area, Virginia, District of C (571) 748-6552

Best in the Business

Reviewed on 7/26/2015 Keisha B

Ebony Sparkes, owner of Sparkling Events & Design, was a joy to work with. She is warm, genuine and an absolute professional. We hired Ebony early in the planning process and I'm so thankful we did. She became a trusted advisor throughout the process and ultimately saved us time... Read More and money when selecting other vendors/services. She is very responsive and always will to answer questions via phone or email. Ebony is also incredibly creative; from graphic design to making suggestions on the lighting scheme, her attention to detail and ideas are what really personalized our event and made it special. Ebony started communicating with our other vendors weeks in advance of the wedding; by the day of they worked together like a well-oiled machine under Ebony's direction. Everything was seamless on the wedding day; if there were any issues, I was not aware because Ebony and her team handled everything. My wedding day was stress free and the only thing I had to focus on was getting married thanks to the Sparkling Events team. If you have a vision or are looking to make your day incredibly special, I strongly encourage you to work with Sparkling Events; I would not hesitate to hire her again.

Reviewed on 2/28/2016 Maryam M

Ebony Sparkes of Sparking Events & Designs, LLC came HIGHLY RECOMMENDED, so I knew that she would be someone that I could trust for one of the biggest events of my life - my wedding day =). In spite of my very high expectations, Ebony consistently exceeded the level of... Read More professionalism, expertise, and organization that I could have ever imagined. She was able to assist me with my sometimes-odd requests (for example, finding a photographer and make-up artist for a last minute engagement photo shoot in Paris, France!) and she went above and beyond to answer all of my questions and meet every one of my planning needs from beginning to end. On the wedding day, I did not have a care in the world. Ebony and her amazing team literally handled every issue and potential issue. I was able to enjoy the day with loved ones and friends without feeling a moment of anxiety. I could not give a higher recommendation of Ebony and her team. If you choose her as your planner, I promise that you will not be disappointed. And her sweet spirit and beautiful smile are the cherry on top! Thanks, Ebony!

Sparkling Events & Designs, LLC Made Our Wedding PERFECT!!

Reviewed on 9/21/2013 Kim F

Sparkling Events & Designs, LLC truly made our wedding PERFECT! Working with Ebony Sparkes, the Founder and CEO was a breeze. She sat down with my now husband and me and talked through the vision of our wedding. My husband and I were both very busy during the planning... Read More process, so we really needed someone to come in, understand our vision and take care of the logistics such that our wedding would be perfect. We said we wanted two things: to marry each other and to have a big, fun party! She helped us accomplish just that! Our wedding was at Asbury United Methodist Church and was very traditional. Ebony and her team made sure that the flowers, programs, order of events, music and readings all represented us and our love. Our reception was at Nationals baseball stadium. Cocktail hour was on the field, in the dugout and in the batting cages, which was very cool. The sit down dinner was in the PNC Diamond Club overlooking the baseball stadium. We wanted a balance between the baseball theme and a traditional wedding theme and Ebony and her team made it happen. Our colors were purple and grey and throughout the day, whether at the church, on the field or in the dining room, our colors were prominently featured. Sparkling Events sprinkled in the baseball theme throughout the day such as naming the tables after baseball related items (like pitcher, catcher, home run, etc.) and even picked our giveaway, miniature baseball gumball machines that say: we hit it off! Ebony and her staff were professional, friendly and super accommodating. We had learned about Ebony through a work colleague who also has nothing but positive things to say about her work. Ebony and her team managed all the vendors, worked with the stadium and even did things like manage our RSVPs. Everything went off without a hitch, everything was beautiful and we got exactly what we wanted. We very literally couldn't have had the perfect wedding without Ebony Sparkes and Sparkling Events & Designs, LLC. THANK YOU!! Our wedding was even featured on Brides.com: http://www.brides.com/blogs/aisle-say/2013/08/kim-emil-wedding-connor-studios.html

Reviewed on 3/18/2017 Gary M

It's difficult to take a large-scale event and make it personal for each person in the room. However, Sparkling Events & Design's attention to detail made the moment special to me as a guest. I can only imagine how the bride and groom must have felt. Kudos for a job well done!

Reviewed on 3/10/2017 Danielle A

Sparkling Events and Designs were consummate professionals. The owner and director handled every aspect of the wedding with care. She is creative and has an ability to handle difficult situations with poise and grace. I enjoyed seeing her execution of the bride's vision become... Read More reality.

Reviewed on 1/12/2017

Ebony was fantastic to work with on our destination wedding stationery. We did "Boarding Passes" which our guest thought were very fun, clever and well designed. Would highly recommend her for your wedding stationery!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 D H

Ebony and her team were awesome. My wife was thrilled when she found Ebony and after I met her I could tell why. Ebony not only found our wedding venue, all of our vendors - she was a friend and confidant. We are so appreciative for her and the teams hard work to make our... Read More wedding day perfect.

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 E P

We are so grateful to have found Ebony on The Knot. From the moment we met her, we knew that she would be perfect for our wedding. She helped us throughout the entire wedding planning .... keeping us on track, finding the perfect vendor. Then her team at our wedding was... Read More perfect. They made sure that everything went off without a hitch or if there was a hitch we certainly didn't know about it. We are so grateful to her and the team for all that they did for our wedding.

Reviewed on 6/09/2016 Kristin S

Ebony puts the SPARK in SPARKLING!! Sparkling Events came highly recommended by a family member, and I couldn't have been more happy with the result. From the very beginning, Ebony was so prompt with her responses - and every bride can appreciate a quick answer, especially... Read More when we have various thoughts and ideas swimming through our heads at all times!! She designed our invitations, and was super patient throughout all of my changes and indecisiveness. Pinterest is so easy to look at to get ideas, but she was truly her own Pinterest wonderwoman - she is so amazingly creative, and really surpassed my expectations, even though they started off high in the first place! She kept me on track throughout the planning process by providing me with a to-do list that we could share, so I could easily keep track of everything. On the day of the wedding, I didn't have to worry about a thing, because Ebony was on top of all of the details. Ebony has such a amazing attitude, and never did I feel that she was annoyed with me, even when I was annoyed with myself. She is so professional and delightful to work with, and even though I won't be having another wedding, it won't stop me from having multiple vow renewals, just so I can hire her again!!! Thanks for everything Ebony!!!

Reviewed on 6/09/2016

Ebony is amazing!!! My wife is an event planner herself so I was very worried that she wouldn't be able to let go of the planning and enjoy herself. But Ebony made sure she was 100% comfortable and came through for us all the way! My wife was able to relax and live in the moment... Read More knowing that Sparkling Events had everything taken care of. And if anything came up with vendors, Ebony was assertive in making sure they did whatever my wife wanted them to do! Lol.

Sparkling Indeed....

Reviewed on 12/29/2015

We hired Ebony to plan and coordinate our 25th wedding anniversary vow renewal. From the beginning, Ebony met with us to help us determine our budget and set realistic expectations as to what could be accomplished with her budget. I appreciated her honest and detailed... Read More approached to this. Throughout the process Ebony became not only our planner but a trusted confident. She was able to help me navigate through tricky family issues. On the day of the event, she ensure that everything ran smoothly and that we as well as our guest had a great time. Ebony is the heart of Sparkling Events & Designs and her heart sparkles from within.... Thank you for everything!

Simply the best...

Reviewed on 12/14/2015

Working with Ebony was nothing short of AMAZING! I gave her my vision and with her awesome creative skills she was able to make it a reality, starting with the GREAT "Willy Wonka" invites she designed. Wedding planning is definitely stressful but Ebony was there with me every... Read More step of the way, encouraging me and reassuring me that everything was going to be ok. Ebony is a joy to work with and I wouldn't hesitate in using her talents again for any future planning.

My Dream Became Reality

Reviewed on 11/04/2015

Melissa Wright and Joshua Hubbard Wedding

Reviewed on 11/11/2014

I am Ms. Iola Denise Wright, mother of the bride. Every aspect of the wedding was very well planned. The wedding party and guests had a great time! This event was truly heartwarming and beautiful. Mrs. Ebony Sparkes and team were awesome!

Happy Wife, Happy Life!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

My now wife and Ebony were planning our wedding for a long time. I think it was over a year. All I know is : 1) Ebony stayed within budget. 2) Helped us find vendors because we're both not originally from DC. 3) Whenever my wife felt like she was getting stressed with... Read More people not RSVPing or seating arrangements, Ebony was there to let her vent and help her come up with a solution. I don't know how many people would make themselves available the way Ebony did but she was #1 in my book. Out of everything we did for the wedding, having Ebony as our planner was definitely the best thing. Ebony helped out in so many ways and my wife was happy. So, if she's happy, I'm happy! If you need a planner, hire Ebony and her company!

Great Wedding Planner

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

My daughter got married on October 10th and Mrs. Ebony Sparkes was her wedding planner. From the moment we came into town, Ebony was accommodating and very helpful. On the day of, I'm sure there were little snafus like all weddings have but if there were, we couldn't tell. Ebony... Read More had everything under control. She was so pleasant and we could tell that she and my daughter had a great relationship. I would definitely recommend her!

Could NOT be happier....

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Ashley T

Ebony was an absolute joy to work with. Her care and attention to every single detail with love was just so evident throughout the entire wedding. We hired Ebony for a coordination+ package and I couldn't be happier with how everything turned out. Her team was perfect the... Read More day of the wedding, she was prepared for everything with her amazing wedding day emergency kit. We are so thankful to her for making our day perfect.

The Most Amazing Day...

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Joshua H

Getting Married is a large responsibility. Planning a wedding can cause Great amounts of stress. But Sparkling Events & Designs, LLC helped make the planning of my special day possible. Sparkling Events & Designs, LLC brought order to chaos and calm to confusion. Sparkling... Read More Events & Designs, LLC made the day amazingly memorable!

Amazing!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Melissa W

I honestly could not have asked for a more amazing, organized and talented wedding coordinator. Ebony was by my side the whole way through this process and as a bride that's really important. She took my vision and made sure it was shown on the day of the wedding. I must say I'm... Read More a bit of a worrier, but had so much confidence in Ebony from the very begging because she took care of every detail, which was wonderful for my stress level. I am truly grateful for her, and I will be recommending her to all the future brides I know!!

Beyond Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/26/2014 Free W

We just got back from our honeymoon and jumped on here to review our wedding planner! Ebony was outstanding! We had been planning our wedding for over a year and she was with us every step of the way. I came into wedding planning with nothing...no set ideas, no color scheme, or... Read More any knowledge of planning a wedding in general. Ebony was so patient and helpful with us through the entire process that she helped us find all of our vendors including listening to music from bands with us. She was really our life line! Ebony also made sure that we stayed within budget and gave recommendations to help us save money. That was a relief in itself! I really don't know what we would have done without her. She's extremely professional but still feels like we were working with a friend. In all of our wedding planning, choosing Ebony was the best decision we could have made. Married- October 2014

Sparkling Events and Designs, LLC is Fantastic!

Reviewed on 9/10/2014 Elena C

The invitations set the theme to everything! I worked with Ebony and Sparkling Events for my wedding invitates. They were GORGEOUS! We had a destination wedding in Hawaii and Ebony designed a wedding invite that looked like a boarding pass. They were original, sophisticated,... Read More and all around fun. We received so many compliments! We even received compliments from people who were not invited but got a glimpse at the invites!! Ebony made the entire process effortless, easy, and professional. The invitations were such great quality. From the paper/cardstock to the colors and envelopes. Everything was top notch. Also, I live out of state, our initial meeting was face to face however we were able to do everything via email and her website after the meeting. Oh and did i mention she got the finished product to me in a matter of a couple weeks?!?!? Their service, quality and value all deserve 5 stars!

Stress Free Event!

Reviewed on 6/19/2014 Aparna C

Ebony was our day-of coordinator, but jumped into the planning process weeks before the wedding helping to organize and coordinate with vendors and provide suggestions and support as needed. We didn't follow many standard traditions, and really wanted wedding vendors who were... Read More flexible in their concept of how a wedding should flow - Ebony was very receptive to all our non-traditional requests, and made sure whatever vision we had for the event was achieved. As an aside for those uncertain about getting a coordinator at all, as I was, while you can do all the planning and organizing before hand yourself (if you have time and energy), there is absolutely no way the wedding day itself would have been as painless as it was without Ebony there!

AMAZING save the dates and invitations

Reviewed on 3/31/2014 Hillary T

The details on our Save the Dates and Invitations were absolutely beautiful! She was able to take all of my thoughts and transform them into beautiful products. I gave here the thermography invitation card and she was able to turn in into an amazing "Sparkling" creation. She was... Read More worth EVERY penny!

Greatly Satisfied!

Reviewed on 3/31/2014 Martina D

I loved using Sparkling Events and Designs for my wedding. They designed my invitations and the next day after mailing them out I started receiving texts and emails from people letting me how cute they were. They met and exceeded my expectations in every way. They were very... Read More professional and I would recommend this company to anyone looking for quality work at a reasonable price.

Peace of Mind

Reviewed on 10/09/2013

Ebony was amazing. Planning a wedding can become a very stressful event, but Ebony kept everything in order and made sure we never missed a deadline. For the wedding day, she was right on top of everything and made our special day unforgettable. I would definitely recommend... Read More Sparkling Events & Designs for everyone wedding.

Ebony Sparkes

I have such a love and passion for celebrating life’s special moments, big and small. We are only here once – we should live life as a party and celebrate every little moment! When I founded Sparkling Events & Designs, LLC, I wanted our firm to completely reflect what I’m all about: Love. I believe that Love is found in the details. When you approach your clients with trust, respect and compassion; the most beautiful relationships are born. That is the philosophy that drives this business and my heart today.