Sparkling Events & Designs, LLC

Serving Washington, D.C. Metro Area, Virginia, District of C

Wedding + Events + Paperie = Sparkling Events

Sparkling Events & Designs, LLC is a full-service, event planning and stationery design boutique. We specialize in creating unique weddings, events and luxurious designs. Our goal is to truly reflect our clients' style by combining beautiful concepts with modern flair and sophistication.

Engagement Party, After Party, Bachelor Party, Bridal Luncheon, Bridal Shower, Rehearsal Dinner, Welcome Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Day After Brunch, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Destination Wedding Planning, A la Carte Wedding Planning, Budgeting, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, RSVP Tracking, Planning

Serving Washington, D.C. Metro Area , Aldie, VA Serving Washington, D.C. Metro Area, Virginia, District of C (571) 748-6552

Best in the Business

Reviewed on 7/26/2015 Keisha B

Ebony Sparkes, owner of Sparkling Events & Design, was a joy to work with. She is warm, genuine and an absolute professional. We hired Ebony early in the planning process and I'm so thankful we did. She became a trusted advisor throughout the process and ultimately saved us time... Read More and money when selecting other vendors/services. She is very responsive and always will to answer questions via phone or email. Ebony is also incredibly creative; from graphic design to making suggestions on the lighting scheme, her attention to detail and ideas are what really personalized our event and made it special. Ebony started communicating with our other vendors weeks in advance of the wedding; by the day of they worked together like a well-oiled machine under Ebony's direction. Everything was seamless on the wedding day; if there were any issues, I was not aware because Ebony and her team handled everything. My wedding day was stress free and the only thing I had to focus on was getting married thanks to the Sparkling Events team. If you have a vision or are looking to make your day incredibly special, I strongly encourage you to work with Sparkling Events; I would not hesitate to hire her again.

Reviewed on 2/28/2016 Maryam M

Ebony Sparkes of Sparking Events & Designs, LLC came HIGHLY RECOMMENDED, so I knew that she would be someone that I could trust for one of the biggest events of my life - my wedding day =). In spite of my very high expectations, Ebony consistently exceeded the level of... Read More professionalism, expertise, and organization that I could have ever imagined. She was able to assist me with my sometimes-odd requests (for example, finding a photographer and make-up artist for a last minute engagement photo shoot in Paris, France!) and she went above and beyond to answer all of my questions and meet every one of my planning needs from beginning to end. On the wedding day, I did not have a care in the world. Ebony and her amazing team literally handled every issue and potential issue. I was able to enjoy the day with loved ones and friends without feeling a moment of anxiety. I could not give a higher recommendation of Ebony and her team. If you choose her as your planner, I promise that you will not be disappointed. And her sweet spirit and beautiful smile are the cherry on top! Thanks, Ebony!

Sparkling Events & Designs, LLC Made Our Wedding PERFECT!!

Reviewed on 9/21/2013 Kim F

Sparkling Events & Designs, LLC truly made our wedding PERFECT! Working with Ebony Sparkes, the Founder and CEO was a breeze. She sat down with my now husband and me and talked through the vision of our wedding. My husband and I were both very busy during the planning... Read More process, so we really needed someone to come in, understand our vision and take care of the logistics such that our wedding would be perfect. We said we wanted two things: to marry each other and to have a big, fun party! She helped us accomplish just that! Our wedding was at Asbury United Methodist Church and was very traditional. Ebony and her team made sure that the flowers, programs, order of events, music and readings all represented us and our love. Our reception was at Nationals baseball stadium. Cocktail hour was on the field, in the dugout and in the batting cages, which was very cool. The sit down dinner was in the PNC Diamond Club overlooking the baseball stadium. We wanted a balance between the baseball theme and a traditional wedding theme and Ebony and her team made it happen. Our colors were purple and grey and throughout the day, whether at the church, on the field or in the dining room, our colors were prominently featured. Sparkling Events sprinkled in the baseball theme throughout the day such as naming the tables after baseball related items (like pitcher, catcher, home run, etc.) and even picked our giveaway, miniature baseball gumball machines that say: we hit it off! Ebony and her staff were professional, friendly and super accommodating. We had learned about Ebony through a work colleague who also has nothing but positive things to say about her work. Ebony and her team managed all the vendors, worked with the stadium and even did things like manage our RSVPs. Everything went off without a hitch, everything was beautiful and we got exactly what we wanted. We very literally couldn't have had the perfect wedding without Ebony Sparkes and Sparkling Events & Designs, LLC. THANK YOU!! Our wedding was even featured on Brides.com: http://www.brides.com/blogs/aisle-say/2013/08/kim-emil-wedding-connor-studios.html

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 M D

Ebony and her team were amazing on our wedding day. Everything went perfectly and if it didn't, we had no clue. They were a pleasure to work with during the planning process and made everything super easy. Can't recommend them enough!

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Megan H

Ebony Sparkes and her team at Sparkling Events & Designs, LLC is in a word, amazing. My wedding planning process was no easy task. There were a lot of cooks in the kitchen, per se, which meant a lot of people to please. Ebony and her team handled each hurdle with such grace.... Read More They found vendors that satisfied everyone's needs, and my wedding vision was never lost. Ebony and her team are incredibly hardworking, diligent, and timely ( which allowed for even the most anxious bride to relax!). Ebony personally made sure to check in with me routinely to make sure I was not stressed by the wedding planning process and to ensure details of my wedding were exactly what I wanted. On the day of my wedding, everything was absolutely perfect because of Ebony and her team's commitment. When my husband and I reflect on our wedding day, there is nothing that we would change. We owe that entirely to Ebony and her team at Sparkling Events and Designs, LLC. They listened to everything we had to say and absolutely delivered. Working with this team to plan my wedding was the best decision I could have ever made. For any bride-to-be, if you're looking for a wedding planner, check this team out. I promise you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 9/21/2017 Clara D

These ladies helped us so much! It's hard planning a wedding in a state you no longer live in, ebony helped us make sure everything was done and all put together! The day of she was on top of everything, we didn't have to worry about anything! I highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 9/20/2017 Lauren G

Best Wedding Decision! Ebony and her team were great from the very beginning. We appreciated all of the recommendations and advice that she gave us throughout the entire wedding planning process. She is tremendously thoughtful and makes sure that no detail is left untouched.... Read More Can't thank the team enough!

Reviewed on 9/20/2017 Sean B

Ebony was awesome from start to finish. She gave us personalized service and catered to every last one of our specific request. She, along with her staff, were on top of every single detail when it came to the "day-of" coordination; drifting into the background when needed and... Read More leading our guests to all of the right spots at the right times. Could not ask for much more. Thank you Ebony!

Reviewed on 8/08/2017

Ebony, we had the absolute best wedding and it was everything I could have hoped for and more.  And I know a huge part of that was because of you and what you and your team did behind the scenes.  From the first phone call I had with Ebony to the site visit, to protecting me... Read More from all the scary vendor questions the week of the wedding, to helping everyone in the wedding be where they were supposed to be when they were supposed to be - I literally don't know what I would have done without Ebony.  I feel like I appreciate you even a little more than others (if I dare say so!) because as a corporate event planner I know it's those million little things that I never knew went on and the fires you put out that I never saw that made our day so special and seamless!  Thank you so much again for everything, again absolutely the best decision of the entire wedding (other than saying yes to Chris, of course!) was having you a part of it!

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 Kentina W

Dear Ebony, Thank you for ALL that you did to make our wedding day absolutely perfect, and we mean PERFECT, in every sense of the word! When we reached out to you earlier this year, we were nervous and a little wounded. Why? Because we didn't know how we might be received by a... Read More wedding planner as a same-sex couple who was looking to plan one of the most important days of their lives. This feeling of nervousness had nothing to do with you personally; we were reeling from the sting of being told by another potential planner that she *would* work with us (read: accept our money), but that we should be really clear that she adhered to "biblical standards for marriage" and that same-sex couples had historically not gone with her services because of her "beliefs". When I sent you the email inquiry, your enthusiastic response - your telling us that ever since we'd announced our engagement you had hoped that we'd reach out to you - it was a healing balm. You were an angel unaware. Our very first phone call with you was supposed to just be an introductory consultation, but we knew once we got off the phone that you were "The One." You were so attentive and so kind and you were so intentional: you told us that you had been praying and seeking wisdom about ways that you could make Sparkling Events & Designs, LLC. more inclusive to LGBTQ couples. You told us that though you had always considered yourself an ally to the LGBTQ community, you knew that your business needed to reflect that more explicitly. You had been doing things like working on changing the language on your website from "Bride and Groom" to "Couple," adding a variety of pictures that represented all types of relationships, and making sure to ask about proper pronouns, especially for couples like us who had trans and GNC people in our bridal party and as guests. When we officially signed the contract with you, you told us how honored you were that we trusted you with our special day and that you would do everything in your power to help make our dreams come true. In a short 6-month turnaround, you worked tirelessly to help make our dream a reality. With patience and kindness, you answered what I am sure seemed like hundreds of questions, you gave advice without being pushy and you calmed us down when we panicked or were stressed. You should also be commended because you were our fierce, unwavering advocate as we encountered the obstacle that it is to plan an event at a venue that is very difficult to work with. You did everything you could to mitigate the pressure so that it would not break us. You got us to our day whole, relaxed, and happy. Thank you for EVERYTHING. Ebony, the business of planning events IS your calling! It was so apparent in every single part of this process. I jokingly called you a "pastor for brides," but seriously, you are! Even those times when I knew that we were probably driving you crazy, you always responded to us with compassion, a little firmness rooted in love, and when necessary, you helped to redirect us back to were needed to be. We hope that our wedding was as much a source of joy for you as a planner as it was for us as your brides. We pray as you continue to put your heart into making your business a place of sanctuary and welcome for ALL couples, that more and more LGBTQ couples will hear about Sparkling Events & Designs, LLC. and reach out to you for your expertise. We are so glad we did! We love you! Kentina and Naomi <3

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 J C

Ebony and her team were amazing to work with from the very first contact. She listened to our wishes to make sure that she understood what was important to us. This meant a lot to us. Ebony was always calm, genuine and warm. If anything happened behind the scenes, we never... Read More found out. Our day was perfect. I knew she would be perfect to pull our wedding day together. She is so knowledgeable and guided us through the politics of weddings with grace. Thank you for everything Ebony!

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Christopher M

Ebony made everything so easy! Her experience, knowledge, and desire to make everything perfect allowed us to just show up and enjoy the day with our family and friends. There was no stress leading up to the wedding as we knew we were in good hands. Thank you Ebony!

Reviewed on 5/26/2017 Bernardine J

Weddings are a time to express your creativity, dream about the future and build a new bond with your lifelong partner. Sparkling Events helps you do all three things. Working with Sparkling events allowed me to work full time and plan a wonderful wedding experience rather than... Read More just planning a wedding day. We built memories that will last a lifetime. From the selection of the colors to the wedding send off. Ebony was there to help me plan the details. All around a great experience!

Reviewed on 3/18/2017 Gary M

It's difficult to take a large-scale event and make it personal for each person in the room. However, Sparkling Events & Design's attention to detail made the moment special to me as a guest. I can only imagine how the bride and groom must have felt. Kudos for a job well done!

Reviewed on 3/10/2017 Danielle A

Sparkling Events and Designs were consummate professionals. The owner and director handled every aspect of the wedding with care. She is creative and has an ability to handle difficult situations with poise and grace. I enjoyed seeing her execution of the bride's vision become... Read More reality.

Reviewed on 1/12/2017

Ebony was fantastic to work with on our destination wedding stationery. We did "Boarding Passes" which our guest thought were very fun, clever and well designed. Would highly recommend her for your wedding stationery!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 D H

Ebony and her team were awesome. My wife was thrilled when she found Ebony and after I met her I could tell why. Ebony not only found our wedding venue, all of our vendors - she was a friend and confidant. We are so appreciative for her and the teams hard work to make our... Read More wedding day perfect.

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 E P

We are so grateful to have found Ebony on The Knot. From the moment we met her, we knew that she would be perfect for our wedding. She helped us throughout the entire wedding planning .... keeping us on track, finding the perfect vendor. Then her team at our wedding was... Read More perfect. They made sure that everything went off without a hitch or if there was a hitch we certainly didn't know about it. We are so grateful to her and the team for all that they did for our wedding.

Reviewed on 6/09/2016 Kristin S

Ebony puts the SPARK in SPARKLING!! Sparkling Events came highly recommended by a family member, and I couldn't have been more happy with the result. From the very beginning, Ebony was so prompt with her responses - and every bride can appreciate a quick answer, especially... Read More when we have various thoughts and ideas swimming through our heads at all times!! She designed our invitations, and was super patient throughout all of my changes and indecisiveness. Pinterest is so easy to look at to get ideas, but she was truly her own Pinterest wonderwoman - she is so amazingly creative, and really surpassed my expectations, even though they started off high in the first place! She kept me on track throughout the planning process by providing me with a to-do list that we could share, so I could easily keep track of everything. On the day of the wedding, I didn't have to worry about a thing, because Ebony was on top of all of the details. Ebony has such a amazing attitude, and never did I feel that she was annoyed with me, even when I was annoyed with myself. She is so professional and delightful to work with, and even though I won't be having another wedding, it won't stop me from having multiple vow renewals, just so I can hire her again!!! Thanks for everything Ebony!!!

Reviewed on 6/09/2016

Ebony is amazing!!! My wife is an event planner herself so I was very worried that she wouldn't be able to let go of the planning and enjoy herself. But Ebony made sure she was 100% comfortable and came through for us all the way! My wife was able to relax and live in the moment... Read More knowing that Sparkling Events had everything taken care of. And if anything came up with vendors, Ebony was assertive in making sure they did whatever my wife wanted them to do! Lol.

Sparkling Indeed....

Reviewed on 12/29/2015

We hired Ebony to plan and coordinate our 25th wedding anniversary vow renewal. From the beginning, Ebony met with us to help us determine our budget and set realistic expectations as to what could be accomplished with her budget. I appreciated her honest and detailed... Read More approached to this. Throughout the process Ebony became not only our planner but a trusted confident. She was able to help me navigate through tricky family issues. On the day of the event, she ensure that everything ran smoothly and that we as well as our guest had a great time. Ebony is the heart of Sparkling Events & Designs and her heart sparkles from within.... Thank you for everything!

Simply the best...

Reviewed on 12/14/2015

Working with Ebony was nothing short of AMAZING! I gave her my vision and with her awesome creative skills she was able to make it a reality, starting with the GREAT "Willy Wonka" invites she designed. Wedding planning is definitely stressful but Ebony was there with me every... Read More step of the way, encouraging me and reassuring me that everything was going to be ok. Ebony is a joy to work with and I wouldn't hesitate in using her talents again for any future planning.

My Dream Became Reality

Reviewed on 11/04/2015

Melissa Wright and Joshua Hubbard Wedding

Reviewed on 11/11/2014

I am Ms. Iola Denise Wright, mother of the bride. Every aspect of the wedding was very well planned. The wedding party and guests had a great time! This event was truly heartwarming and beautiful. Mrs. Ebony Sparkes and team were awesome!

Happy Wife, Happy Life!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

My now wife and Ebony were planning our wedding for a long time. I think it was over a year. All I know is : 1) Ebony stayed within budget. 2) Helped us find vendors because we're both not originally from DC. 3) Whenever my wife felt like she was getting stressed with... Read More people not RSVPing or seating arrangements, Ebony was there to let her vent and help her come up with a solution. I don't know how many people would make themselves available the way Ebony did but she was #1 in my book. Out of everything we did for the wedding, having Ebony as our planner was definitely the best thing. Ebony helped out in so many ways and my wife was happy. So, if she's happy, I'm happy! If you need a planner, hire Ebony and her company!

Ebony Sparkes

I have such a love and passion for celebrating life’s special moments, big and small. We are only here once – we should live life as a party and celebrate every little moment! When I founded Sparkling Events &amp; Designs, LLC, I wanted our firm to completely reflect what I’m all about: Love. I believe that Love is found in the details. When you approach your clients with trust, respect and compassion; the most beautiful relationships are born. That is the philosophy that drives this business and my heart today.