Special Occasions Bridal Shop

Amelia, OH

Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Shower + Party Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Fashion

1143 W Ohio Pike, Amelia, OH (513) 752-0403

Cute little shop

Reviewed on 10/27/2014 Kathy H

I was able to find my wedding dress clearanced out for a great price! They pressed my dress for free prior to the wedding and had alterations done in no time at all. A bit chatty, but two wonderful women.

Special Ocassions made my ocassion perfect!!!!!

Reviewed on 5/30/2014 Lauren S

I could not be more pleased. The ladies at the shop were so nice, professional, and accomodating. The experience was first class. The dresses were gorgeous and they were priced right. They could order anything that we wanted. They followed up with phone calls and really kept us... Read More on track, Thank goodness! I did not have to stress about the wedding dress, bridesmaid dresses, or tuxes. I would highly recommend!!! Thanks Julie and Sharon!

Great little shop

Reviewed on 6/13/2013 Andrea M

This was perfect for me! They didn't try and push things I didn't need! I got my dress and rented Tuxedos here for a great price!

Great Deal

Reviewed on 8/14/2012 Melanie P

Special Occasions does not have a ton of selection but what is amazing is that they can order a ton in. You can go to other stores to find your dress and have them order it for less. Also, they'll take 20% of the dress if you forego alterations and steaming there so you can save... Read More even more! Their staff is incredibly helpful too.

Best Bridal Shop Ever!

Reviewed on 5/29/2012 Elizabeth R

I found my dress (a morie lee) at another bridal shop but called around to find a better price. Special Occasions beat the price and if you buy your dress from them you get alterations for free! They are so nice, not pushy, and even took my payments over the phone. A smaller... Read More shop, but after having terrible experiences at some of the bigger vendors, I will always recommend Special Occasions. Nicest people ever.

Easy to work with.

Reviewed on 4/26/2012 jeannie t

Loved that I could order my dress hollow to hem - I am short. Had my dress steamed there - looked great!

Amazing dresses!

Reviewed on 11/29/2011 Meagan S

I purchased my bridal gown and my girls purchased their bridesmaids dresses here! Great ladies to work with!

perfect dress

Reviewed on 10/17/2011 Angela T

i walked in this bridal shop and found exactly what I was looking for within 5 min. They have a nice selection and a wonderful staff. They also have men and boys suits.

Best Bridal Shop

Reviewed on 6/25/2011 Laura W

I knew as soon as I got engaged that I would be using Special Occasions for my wedding. My best friend had used them 8 years ago for her wedding and they were amazing then. I was unable to find "the dress" here but took the dress here for alterations. It was such a comfort to me... Read More knowing the Ladies at Special Occasions had my dress. I also got my bridesmaids dresses here. They all turned out beautiful. Their prices are very reasonable and the best part is if you buy your dress there alterations are included in the price! I love the Ladies at Special occasions!

Great staff & prices!

Reviewed on 6/12/2011 Andrea D

I was at dozens of bridal shops in the area before I decided to order my Bonny dress from them. One of the boutiques in the bridal district was trying to charge me $300 more for my dress off-the-rack because they claimed it wouldn't be in in time for my wedding that was 5... Read More months out. Plus I would have had to spend $200 in alterations for it to fit. The ladies at Special Occasions verified with the vendor their ship dates and were able to get my dress in and have 3 fittings with time to spare! I WOULD NOT order your dress from one of the expensive shops in the bridal district that do not include alterations before checking to see if Special Occasions can have it ordered. Special Occasions includes all alterations in the cost of the dress or will deduct a percentage off the price of your dress if you don't need alterations which is a fantastic deal any way you look at it. They were so nice to work with and understood my every concern with how the dress fit. The alterations were flawless. Highly recommended.

The Final Sister!

Reviewed on 5/08/2011 Kelli T

I have 2 sisters and we are very close in age. So when it happened that the3 of us all got engaged with-in 2 1/2 months of each other no one was really surprised! One was married in June, the second was married and September and mine was the final wedding the following... Read More April. We all did the same thing...went to the Bridal district and looked for dresses. We were all very turned off by the negative experience we had at each of the stores. Very pushy sales people and no attention. Special Occasions Bridal Shop gave us each the attention we were looking for and never made us feel pressured into making a purchase. They were very affordable and they include alterations with the purchase which saves a lot on your cost! Overall, Special Occasions gave us that special experience that you are looking for when it is time to shop for the dress!

Very happy

Reviewed on 12/06/2010 Bethany B

Sales people were very helpful, they made it easy to find the right dress for me without being pushy.

Very disappointed

Reviewed on 11/29/2010 Kelly S

This seems to be an ok dress shop, my warning would be to be very detailed if you speak to them over the phone. I was misled that they would alter my wedding dress and scheduled an appointment with them. After spending two hours at their store, they refused to alter my dress.... Read More Stating, "We don't do lace dresses here, in fact we don't even carry them because they are too hard to do." This was terrible news as my wedding was only 3 weeks away and needed major alterations. I was upset but not terribly mad until they tried to charge me for alterations they had never done. They wanted me to pay for the alterations after refusing to do them! Very bad customer service and a waste of my time.

Wonderful Bridal Shop

Reviewed on 9/13/2010 Yema O

I got my wedding dress at this shop (Alfred Angelo 2104) and had an amazing experience choosing it. The ladies were extremely helpful and friendly. They paid attention to my needs and made sure I was taken care of every time I visited the store. They took pictures for me so that... Read More I could send to my sister, mum and bridesmaids to help me choose (twice). Their pricing was good and included alterations so I didn't have any sudden extra charges. The dress was fitted perfectly and got to the store on time. I would recommend this store to any lady looking for her wedding dress.

personal, stress free, fun wedding gown shopping!

Reviewed on 6/29/2010 Caitlin R

I absolutely loved this little shop. It was recommended to me by my cousins, who bought their prom dresses there in high school. For a smaller shop, there are a variety of designers and beautiful gowns to choose from. The ladies are so friendly and helpful, but not pushy at... Read More all. By the time I had selected, ordered, and had my last fitting, it seemed like they were old family friends! My dress came in quickly after ordering, alterations were perfect! Not to mention, if you buy your gown at Special Occasions, the alterations are included in the gown price! Wonderful and fun shopping experience, and the prices are great!

Review for Special Occasions Bridal Shop

Reviewed on 6/01/2009 Kari D

Great small place. Personal service. Ordered items we were interested in. Alterations included in all dress prices. Great people to work with.