Spencer Photography Inc.

Wedding photography in Cleveland, Akron, Columbus Ohio

Artistic, Classic, Documentary

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

$5,000+

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Photo, Printed Enlargements, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Wedding Albums

Shaker Heights , OH Wedding photography in Cleveland, Akron, Columbus Ohio (330) 945-4722

Reviewed on 2/10/2018 Meredith G

I could use the entire 3500 character limit and still not say enough about how fantastic Larry was for my wedding (but don't worry, I'll try to keep it more brief than that!). I met Larry when he was the photographer for my sister's wedding, and he did such a great job there... Read More that I chose to use him for my wedding as well. Larry was everything I could ever ask for and more in a wedding photographer. We met with him several times leading up to the wedding to discuss timelines and flow of the day. He made us feel at ease and I was confident he would help us stay on time and capture everything we wanted on our wedding day. On our wedding day he was one of the first vendors to arrive and last to leave. He was energetic, creative, and overall easy and fun to work with. Larry even joined us on our party bus as we rode from our ceremony to our reception. At one point we stopped in a bar in Cleveland to use their restrooms and he took advantage of the setting and took the most AMAZING photos. What I love most about Larry is the passion he has for what he does. He doesn't just take staged photos, he captures raw, true emotion in art form. I didn't want a photographer who told me where to stand and what to do. I wanted someone who captured my happiness, excitement and tears and that is EXACTLY what I got plus more.LARRY IS THE BEST AT WHAT HE DOES.If you're trying to figure out what wedding photographer you should use, or just need a photographer for any other occasion, look no further than Spencer Photography Inc. As someone who has seen him produce photos for two separate weddings as well as an engagement photo shoot, I can personally guarantee you 100% satisfaction with him, his art and a phenomenal finished product. THANK YOU LARRY!

Reviewed on 12/21/2017 Kelly B

The first time I saw Larry's work was when one of my best friend's sister got married. I remember seeing the photos pop up daily on social media and thinking, "dang, those are some incredible pictures". The first time I met Larry was when he was the photographer for that same... Read More friend and I was a bridesmaid. I remember thinking, "dang, this guy is awesome, I've never seen someone who so obviously knows exactly what they're doing." Which is true, it's almost like you can see the gears turning in his head and his eyes light up when he thinks of yet another great idea for a shot. After I got engaged last year and my husband and I began the planning process, I remember thinking, "Larry Spencer is the only person I want documenting our wedding." To say that Larry is an artist is an overwhelming understatement. He doesn't just take pictures, he truly captures the best moments of your life so that you can have them forever. There's no staging, no weird and dramatic poses against faded brick walls.... which, there's nothing wrong with. If that's your thing, there are many photographers out there who can give you that. But, if you're a bride in NE Ohio who is looking for a professional who is going to go above and beyond to give you the most memorable and meaningful photos, then you need to go with Larry. On our wedding day, he woke up before the sun to meet my husband and I at a coffee shop for our one last "alone moment" of the day before we got married. Larry was there at 6am and stayed with us until almost midnight. Our venue coordinator was shocked when she heard that Larry was with us for as long as we wanted and had no set arrival and departure times. She said, "you don't see that a lot these days." That statement, in my opinion, is the essence of Spencer Photography. Larry is unique in the best ways. He is phenomenal at what he does and his passion for his work is almost palpable. Every question we ever had was answered within a day, which is so incredibly helpful when you're going through something stressful like planning a wedding. He met with us at our venue for a planning session (something he includes at no cost) to make sure we had a good timeline and that things would run smoothly the day of, and to no one's surprise, they did. Larry made our wedding day absolutely perfect. He was efficient, energetic, and kept our group on time (even though I'm sure it was like herding cats at times!) But the best part is that Larry was like a familiar friend. He made us comfortable, and I think it truly shows in the pictures. He kept us laughing (hey Larry, remember our "videographer"....) and smiling until the very last minute of our reception. I cannot recommend Spencer Photography enough. To all Ohio brides, if you're looking for the best and most talented photographer to document your wedding day in the most magnificent fashion, look no further. Thank you, Larry. We love you!

Reviewed on 12/04/2017 Lance S

We had an amazing experience with Larry and his team. Larry took time to meet with us several times before the wedding so that we were well prepared for the day. For our engagement pictures we went to Wade Oval Park in Cleveland and they turned out so amazing. Through out the... Read More entire process he was very professional and made us feel comfortable. The Wedding Day Larry and his team were there from the time we were getting ready till the time we left the wedding venue. If we wanted something special done he did it. He took amazing shots of us and the family throughout the day. He was able to capture every moment of our special day. I cant Thank Larry and his team enough for everything he did. I would recommend for anyone looking for a photographer to look him up because he and his team is the best. Thank you

Reviewed on 11/05/2017 Melissa R

Larry was great. We used him for engagement photos as well as wedding photos. I strongly suggest going this route because not only do you get to know your photography but also his style of photography. Larry is so creative and I loved his unique photos as well as his traditional... Read More ones. He was very accommodating and did a perfect mix between the 2 for our wedding photos. We are so lucky to have found him and are absolutely in love with our wedding album. I am on many Facebook wedding websites and girls were saying that I took them a year to receive their wedding photos! Not okay! Larry was posting pictures on Facebook as soon as we were on our honeymoon. Our wedding was in August and we already have our wedding book! Thanks for everything Larry :)

Reviewed on 9/13/2017 Natalie S

Larry is an all-around fantastic photographer and person. His passion and skill is simply unmatched. His talent is apparent in each and every picture. He perfectly captured the personality of my wedding day while making me feel comfortable in front of the camera. He is also... Read More very personable and easy to work with. We had a very silly and outgoing wedding party, to say that least, and Larry joined right in the fun and was a joy to have around throughout our day. I would recommend him over and over to anyone and everyone. He is just amazing!

Reviewed on 6/15/2017 Megan P

Larry Spencer captured our wedding and did an absolutely amazing job! He really takes his time and is very well organized. He went above and beyond as our photographer even making sure all the moments were captured and all the vendors were on the same page so he did not miss... Read More anything. His pictures are absolutely beautiful. He doesn't just take the same pictures as every other photographer, he is unique and that's what I love about his photos. The album we were presented with after our wedding was amazing. The quality of the album is great and the pictures and set up are beautiful from the beginning of our wedding until the end. Everyone loved his work at our wedding and still brag about how great he was. Your the best Larry Spencer!

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Kate H

Amazing. Professional. The most beautiful photos I could have hoped for. Larry is a gem and an absolute pleasure to work with.

Reviewed on 8/09/2016 Alexandra J

Larry and Spencer Photography came highly recommended to my fiance and I, and we knew the pictures were the one thing from the wedding that we could look back on for the rest of our lives. We could not be more pleased with the work that Larry has done throughout the entire... Read More planning process. Not only is he an artistic genius when it comes to photography, but he really takes time to get to know his couples, and what they're looking for. I can even remember two weeks before, we chatted on the phone and he was giving me tips and tricks for the day of. I really felt like he cared about how our photographs turned out. The day of the wedding, Larry was high energy, and I always felt like if there was something magical going on, Larry was there to capture it without being invasive at all. He was so patient with our wedding party, as everyone was of course excited and extra chatty. And just to top it all off, Larry released several of the pictures the morning after! It was so nice to be able to look at the beautiful pictures literally the next day and relive some of the most amazing moments. Larry is really one of the best when it comes to wedding photography, and I would HIGHLY recommend him and his staff for anyone looking to capture their wedding moments in a unique and beautiful way.

best of the best

Reviewed on 10/07/2015 Rebecca U

Larry Spencer was our photographer during our wedding on September 5, 2015 at St. Noel Church and the Tudor Arms hotel. There are 2 things that I particularly loved about working with him that I think sets him far apart from other wedding photographers. First, he has a true... Read More artistic style. I can truly see a major difference in the quality of his work versus photographers who may only take your typical staged photos or trendy ones. He knows how to compose a scene, capture real and honest feelings, and bring a fresh perspective to photos. Second, he knows how to direct people/prioritize/stick to a timeline, but do so in a respectful way. This is an extremely important trait to have because as a bride on your wedding day, you need trust in your vendors that they will be able to capture all of the moments you want and but also have enough time to spare for you to just enjoy yourself. I’ve been a part of weddings where photographers were a little wishy washy and weren’t quite sure what shots to take or quickly ran out of time and if often meant sacrificing or compromising on other moments. Anyhow, if you look at any of his photos, they speak for themselves. When people see the pictures he takes, they sometimes don’t know how to put their finger on what makes it so much better but they just say, “wow, these photos are amazing.” Also one last thank you to Larry -- he drove all the way to Chicago for our engagement session! What a trooper. I was so happy he was up for that!

Very enthusiastic team!

Reviewed on 9/22/2015 Jeanne L

They will literally do anything you ask with a smile!

Top Notch Photographer

Reviewed on 8/27/2015 Amanda H

Where do I begin?! Larry Spencer of Spencer Photography is an outstanding photographer. I found Larry thru a friend. He had been her photographer for her wedding and recently had photographer her family for some family portraits, which were very unique and not your standard... Read More portraits. Larry provided my husband and I with outstanding service. He was a delight to work with. So many family and friends have commented out how great our wedding pictures were as well as our engagement photos. Even stating they look like they should be featured in a Cleveland magazine. So that should tell you right there the level of professionalism Larry provides. I highly recommend Larry for any photography needs you may have, not just for your wedding. He is beyond talented and I am so happy he was able to capture every moment from our special day.

Awesome photographer

Reviewed on 7/05/2012 Andrea D

Larry was amazing! He was very professional and all of the pictures turned out great. He was with us from the start of the day and captured so many great moments that I did not even get to see. We also were able to take unlimited engagement sessions before our big day to get... Read More us comfortable in front of the camera. He is definitely worth the money. I would recommend him to everyone.

Wonderful Photographer

Reviewed on 2/27/2012 Halle M

Larry bent over backwards to make our whole wedding photography experience perfetc. He gave us multiple engagement sessions so we would be comfortable in front of the camera. He even did a bridal session was with us all day on our wedding day and then a day after session. He... Read More does wonderful work we are more than pleased with the images he took

Awesome Pictures, Great Service!

Reviewed on 9/04/2011 Danae P

Larry and Renee from Spencer Photography were absolutely amazing! I love how with Larry, there are no time limits. We simply paid a base fee and he was our photographer from the very beginning of the day to the very end, no overtime fees. He took tons of wonderful... Read More pictures. I do, however, wish he would have taken some more fun shots with my hubby and I and my bridesmaids and I, but I think he ran out of time due to no fault of his own. He was very good at working with the time he had and made sure that he got all of the important shots. Larry is also extremely personable and so much fun! It made it very easy to be natural behind the camera. Larry also is extremely stealthy. Haha. He has the right equipment to capture the special moments without being a distraction. His assistant, Renee, was also very friendly and did a nice job of capturing the candid moments. Overall, we are very pleased with Spencer Photography's work, and would highly recommend him to anyone! :)

AMAZING!!!!

Reviewed on 9/24/2010 Jennifer J

You will not be disappointed. Our pictures are absolutely beautiful. Larry pays attention to the smallest details without missing a beat. He is so energetic and LOVES his job. He will not let a shadow cast on your face or have the sun in your eyes. He has such an artistic... Read More eye, where you think there is no way a picture will come out here, it will be your favorite shot. And he is yours all day...its just him at his own company, so what you see is what you get.

Review for Spencer Photography Inc.

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Jamie S

Larry Spencer was the coolest photographer to work with. He was very professional but a lot of fun and became like part of the family during our wedding experience. Our friends and family said our album was the best they had ever seen. It was a very unique style and we couldn't... Read More be happier.

Review for Spencer Photography Inc.

Reviewed on 8/28/2007 Jennifer C

he was creative and took control. he focused on the bride and what she wanted;If you want the traditional shots you have to make sure you tell him. I forgot about the Mom helping with the veil so I don't have that and that's one I wish I had