Spin N Play Productions

We DJ all over Chicagoland, southern Wisconsin and beyond!

Wedding Specialists

We are a Chicago- suburb based wedding DJ company specializing in weddings and private events. We aspire to elevate your wedding reception to the next level with our DJ services.

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

We DJ all over Chicagoland, southern Wisconsin and beyond! (630) 777-9453

Reviewed on 7/23/2015 Lynelle B

Spin N Play DJs go above and beyond to make your day what you'd hoped. They were some of the kindest people I had the pleasure of working with during wedding planning. I loved how they played any music I asked for and how organized they were. I've also been to a few other... Read More weddings with them that were great. So if you want to have a great time and not have to worry about a thing, then Spin N Play is the way to go!

Reviewed on 7/15/2016

Where do I begin....from our first meeting with Josh my fiancé and I felt so comfortable with his business. He is detail oriented, gives honest opinions and suggestions, and is very prompt in responding to emails throughout the entire process (especially the last month of... Read More constant fine details/questions). We got married at Acquaviva Winery in Maple Park, IL and Spin N Play DJs were who we turned to for our outdoor ceremony as well as our music/MC-ing / and our up lighting (that is totally recommended, I had no idea how much of a difference this makes)for our reception. Josh really put a bride at ease by taking over and making sure our bridal party/parents/etc. were in line and ready to go for introductions, to the best timing ever for each speech/first dance/grace/ETC. He paid attention to what type of music we appreciated and our requests and also made sure our "no no" list was taken into consideration. Our dance floor was crowded all night long. This company did a MAGNIFICENT job for all that they did for us. An amazing business to work with, in which I highly recommend (and honestly I am usually not one who writes reviews, but they deserve one)!

Reviewed on 9/04/2015 Caitlin J

This was the absolute BEST wedding DJ. They made sure the reception was everything we wanted and they totally set the mood at different times of the night. My husband and I wanted a celebration and we love to dance-Josh and Lisa understood that and played perfect music. At one... Read More point Josh was teaching the family how to wobble! After the wedding I was told multiple times how awesome our DJ was. On top of doing a great job at orchestrating the reception, Josh and Lisa are incredibly kind people. They traveled from Illinois to Iowa to do our wedding. They asked questions, they listened, and they were loved by all of my family. I HIGHLY reccomend them for your wedding, you will not regret it!

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Elizabeth W

YOU GUYS ROCK. Our wedding on Friday the 13th was incredible because of Josh and the crew (shout out to Ashton!!) Everything was beautiful and I could not have been happier. The live musicians were insanely good and it gave our wedding the professional and elegant vibe we... Read More wanted. Josh and everyone were extremely friendly and super personable. I have no complaints, everything was more than perfect. Totally recommend, no questions asked !! ♡♡♡

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Allie R

We used Josh and a second DJ from Spin N Play for our 9/29/17 wedding and they did an incredible job! We put our trust in Josh to play great music and he came through, exceeding our expectations. He kept the crowd dancing even though we had a pretty small wedding. I would highly... Read More recommend Spin N Play, they were awesome, thanks Josh :)

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 Wes B

Spin and Play was absolutely perfect! They had no problem with us taking out a lot of the "traditional" aspects of the wedding reception and made great transitions between speeches and the music. Josh was easy to get along with and didn't mind changing songs even at the very... Read More last minute. Thanks again!

Reviewed on 3/05/2017 Natalie P

Nothing like having the vendor pick the date, time, and location of the initial meeting and then them not even show up. Glad that my fiance and I wasted almost two hours with driving and waiting around. If this is how they are with a meeting, I would be terrified of them being... Read More late to my wedding.

Reviewed on 11/11/2016 Katie L

Josh DJed at my wedding at the Armour House, and was fantastic. The entire group of wedding guests danced the entire time which I attribute to his music choices. He didn't play anything I asked him not to, and whenever I gave him requests he would play it right away. He was... Read More also great at making sure we stayed on schedule during the reception dinner. He always made sure the microphone was where it needed to be! Josh also DJed my two older sisters weddings, and we would all recommend him to anyone in our networks! Thanks Josh!

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Kelsey C

Josh is so awesome! He was so easy to work with prior to the wedding and made a great effort to get to know our wedding day plans/wishes. Most importantly, Josh did an amazing job keeping the night on schedule from bridal party announcements, toasts, special moments we... Read More incorporated into our night, dances and bouquet toss. He had such positive and happy energy that he drew people into the dance floor, making awesome music selections based on our crowd. I was so impressed and we danced all night! Josh even joined our wedding guests on the dance floor for the Cupid Shuffle and the Wobble, he was so fun and kept the energy way up all night! So awesome!!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Sarah M

Spin N Play DJs helped to make our wedding day everything I thought it would be. DJs have a HUGE responsibility during a reception (and in my case, the ceremony as well) to engage the guests and to keep everything flowing. Josh did just that. I had a few (extremely) last... Read More minute changes to introductions line-up and speeches and he was able to accommodate with a smile. I received a ton of compliments from my friends and family throughout the evening and the days and weeks after the wedding. If I had it to do over, I would choose Spin N Play every time.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Brittany H

Josh was an awesome DJ! He played everything we requested. Everyone had an awesome time, Josh even jumped on the dance floor to wobble with us. Fun times had by all, I've already recommended Spin N Play to my friends who are getting married next year.

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Janet P

I recently attended a wedding where Spin N Play was the dj. I have to say that they did a great job at my nieces wedding. Josh has got the perfect personality and you can tell he really loves what he does. He played music that fit every generation which was great because he got... Read More everyone dancing. I haven't danced all night at a wedding like that since my younger days! I was excited to hear that they also do corporate events so I'm looking forward to using him for our next event. Thanks for a great time Spin N Play!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Alexander B

Jordan was my DJ, I highly recommend him to anyone looking for a great and fun experience.

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Jay M

Please don't miss the chance to book these guys! Everything was SO much easier knowing we had Spin N Play on board! They provided peace of mind that I never thought I'd feel heading into my wedding. They were so knowledgable about every detail of the wedding process. From... Read More communication to billing to coordinating everything to the dancing I couldn't have asked for a more perfect DJ!! Every guest I've spoken to has said how shocked they were at how amazing the DJ was! Our food was a disaster but the DJ was incredible!! We actually ordered pizzas for everyone cuz the chicken was so dry no one could eat it. But our DJ just kept the night rolling and made it so much fun!!! Girls I can't even tell you how much fun it was! I laugh now about the bad food because, thanks to Spin N Play, we just rolled with it and my night was a crazy awesome fun party! Josh was just amazing, he's such a great guy and clearly this is what he's meant to do!! Just book them already! :)

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Elissa T

Wow. I've been to so many weddings and I've NEVER met such an amazing DJ or team! Everything was so well planned out and I truly felt like they knew what they were doing!! I didn't feel stressed. Seriously. That's crazy right?! I was so at ease knowing that every detail... Read More would be handled. It was like we had another event coordinator! Tho he honestly seemed like he knew more than my actual coordinator. I can't even explain how much Spin N Play contributed to making our night perfect! I honestly think that they are the best in the industry. Sure other brides say things like "my dj was amazing" but seriously these guys go so far above and beyond that I want to invite them to join us for Christmas! lol Do yourself a favor: Book these guys ASAP!!! Amazing DJs, great hearts, skilled coordinating, comprehensive communication, and some kind of superpower to make you feel stress free on your wedding day. Why can I only give 5 stars!!!

Reviewed on 7/19/2016 Lindsey R

Josh did an amazing job at our wedding! He DJ'd my sister's wedding before mine and a few others I've been to. Great every time! He is very thorough, professional, and considerate of your tastes and desires for the event. He does a great job as the MC as well. I have and will... Read More recommend him to all of my family and friends!

Reviewed on 7/15/2016 Jessica O

Josh was amazing at our wedding! He is very energetic and plays awesome songs! He even joined in with the crowd on a few of them! Everyone to this day still talks about him and how fantastic he did that night! I can't thank him enough for helping make our special day as great as... Read More it was! I am glad he was a part of it and those are memories we will cherish forever! I will always recommend Josh from now on! You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed on 7/15/2016 Jeremy S

Josh was such a professional! Kept everyone on their feet all night. We had two special request, in which we had to mix two songs together, and he did it flawlessly! We would hire them again in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 7/14/2016

They were amazing! Great personality during announcements, music selection on point for the audience, which consisted of all ages, genders and energy levels. Definitely a HUGE contribution to the success of entertained guests and great memories on our special day.

Reviewed on 6/20/2016 Tyler L

Spin N Play DJ's did an amazing job @ our wedding! Our DJ was Jordan, and he was so great at reading our crowd as far as music choices go! He kept things on schedule, kept our guests pumped up and even helped my sister pull off a surprise flash mob!

Reviewed on 10/22/2015

I was a guest at a wedding that Josh DJ'd and were blown away by how professional he was and the music he played was a great mix of everything! My friend's dance floor was PACKED ALL NIGHT!!! and I've never seen her happier! My fiance just proposed and we booked Josh ASAP for... Read More our fall 2016 wedding!

Reviewed on 10/03/2015

Josh was our Dj for our wedding in May and he was AMAZING!!! He went above and beyond our expectations. His music choices were exactly what we asked for. Our dance floor was full the entire night. Josh even got on the dance floor for the cupid shuffle and wobble to show off his... Read More great dance moves!!!! We had so much fun and would highly recommend Josh to anyone. Planning process before the big was easy too.

Reviewed on 9/22/2015

Josh DJ'd our wedding and we could not have asked for a more professional, caring, invested DJ. Not only was he incredibly prepared and timely when it came to the pre-wedding planning, he was also on top of our timeline the day of. As a bride, I can't tell you how invaluable... Read More it was that he kept the entire event running smoothly and he kept our guests out on the floor. Beyond impressed - thank you!

Reviewed on 9/15/2015 Emily K

Josh was absolutely amazing!! We loved working with him and Lisa from the start, they were organized and attentive to our details for the ceremony, and really got the party going at the reception. He got everyone out on the dance floor and we loved it! People kept commenting how... Read More fun he was, and what a great party it was!

Reviewed on 7/23/2015

Spin N Play is the best wedding DJ, hands down! Josh was the DJ at my wedding reception and was so professional guiding us through the night. His song selection is amazing and the lighting matched my decor making it extra special. I always recommend them to friends. The most... Read More fun, danced filled, memorable weddings are the one's with Spin N Play Djs. They truly love what they do and make your special event a night to remember! I would not hestitate to lock them in for your wedding. I've heard they fill up fast!

Josh & Lisa Nilsson

We founded Spin N Play in 2005 and have been DJing weddings for over 10 years. We shaped our company to be exactly what we were looking for in a wedding DJ when we were getting married: A DJ with integrity & enthusiasm, ability to keep the dance floor full all night, up front and all-inclusive pricing, and well organized and high quality equipment. We are a DJ company founded on taking on your reception planning stress and letting us manage your wedding so you can dance, party, and have fun!