Experience luxury at one affordable Package price!

Experience luxury at one affordable Package price! SEE WEBSITE FOR PRICING. Nestled in the Texas Hill Country Spinelli's "PERFECT GEMS." 25 minutes from San Antonio. Storybook setting,100 year old rock Chapel, indoor and outdoor wedding ceremonies , gardens, patios and beautiful reception areas , Every wedding detail is addressed.​In walking distance of local winery, brewery, dining, shopping, B&B Hotels in beautiful downtown Comfort 10 minute from Boerne . Catering ( food & drinks ). A true destination venue in downtown historical Comfort & Boerne Because our facility has everything right here, you do not have to pay separately for rentals or caterers, and you will find the pricing a better deal than contracting these services individually.

Ballroom, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

331 Fifth St , Comfort , TX (830) 446-0264

Reviewed on 4/17/2017 Sandra M

We couldn’t have chosen a more perfect location than Spinelli’s Venue. The convenience of having the church, venue, and rented houses in the same complex makes the wedding very smooth and fun. The entire place is absolutely beautiful. The church is intimate, the venue is... Read More spacious, elegant, and has lots of lighting, and the houses are extremely nice. All of our guests loved the location and the food, which they provided as well. On top of the beauty of the place the service of Dennis and Victor is phenomenal. They are accommodating, flexible, and the prices are extremely reasonable. In addition, Comfort, TX is a beautiful town and our guests, especially those that stayed in a B&B close to the venue, loved the surroundings. We had brunch and visited some wineries the day after our wedding. We highly recommend Spinelli’s!

Reviewed on 1/10/2017 Kiara T

I was married at Spinelli's Wedding Venue November 26, 2016. Dennis was wonderful to work with very hospitable and funny. The 100 year old church was very beautiful! The price was great! They worked with us to make edit after edit adding this and that removing XYZ without... Read More complaint. We added a white dance floor to the main hall and some drapery and every turned out so beautiful. It was very convenient to have everything in one spot. The guest loved the venue and we received numerous compliments. Dennis and his team were very accommodating to our very non-traditional wedding. We had a Nigerian ceremony prior to the church ceremony. The food was good. Overall I would highly recommend the venue!

Reviewed on 5/03/2016

Recently, I had the good fortune book Spinelli's in Comfort, Texas, for a wedding. Spinelli's exceeded our expectations in every way. First of all, the setting in historic Comfort, is peaceful and close to shops, wineries, restaurants and historic points of interest. The wedding... Read More center is close to Kerrville, Fredericksburg, Boerne and San Antonio, but without the hassle of the big city. The catered food was amazing, and very affordable. The 100 year-old chapel, with its bell tower and adjacent dancehall and dining area, not to mention spacious grounds for outdoor functions is ready for large and small groups alike. And then there is the management. They were so helpful, and always available to take care of all our needs. If you're looking for a unique, beautiful wedding or special event facility, then Spinellis is the ticket.

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Rebecca D

The venue is beautiful and that renders a 5 Star, the food during our taste test was a 5 but the actual wedding food was lukewarm/cool And my hubby and I didn’t eat it. The guests thought the food was good though. The organization of the facility 1; I had to essentially keep... Read More track of everything I paid for and asked for because nothing was written down and Staff would send emails about things I had either already paid for or specified how I wanted handle. Ex: I paid for cake cutting and when the time came to cut the cake there were no plates, cutters or utensils. Victor swore we hadn’t paid for it until the paid sheet came out and he realized the error. There are several more examples of disorganization/timelines not being upheld like previously discussed. If you want this venue, go for it but micro manage and keep all your documents and emails of interactions then everything be smooth sailing.

Reviewed on 4/05/2017 Nicole T

Our family and guests were blown away with our wedding. They not only took care of the food, decorations, tables, the ceremony, and reception but also worked with us all the way to stay in budget. We also rented the houses on location for us and our family and could not be... Read More happier with how our wedding turned out.

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Aimy M

The venue itself is beautiful. It was reasonably priced compared to so many other places. They lost a star from me because of the way the business is run. The owner changed a policy after we had already booked and almost left the Bridal party without a place to stay. He did not... Read More honor our original agreement. The management bickered during our taste testing. They didn't even bring out the correct food for our taste testing. Finally once we actually paid the deposit it was almost impossible to get ahold o anyone. I felt like once they had our money nothing else mattered.

2017-04-11T08:49:17 Response from the vendor

The bride was very nice, concerning the food tasting we give as many tastings as needed at no additional charge she was a little timid, she only needed to ask for a second tasting, also the venue does not provide a Coordinator this was the... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/12/2016 Tara O

Dennis and Victor made my husband and I feel like our every need was being met! Not only is the location GORGEOUS, but when on a budget, they offered the most for the price we were quoted. The food was excellent, the staff friendly and accommodating. They worked with us to... Read More create a perfect wedding day. Could not have been more happy!

Reviewed on 5/10/2016

Beautiful venue! We were very pleased with the service. Plenty of accommodations nearby for our wedding guests.

Charming and Rustic

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Angela C

Spinelli's Cathedral in Comfort, TX is a gorgeous rustic venue. My favorite fact is that (if you like) almost everything can be included. This makes it very easy to plan a wedding. The reception and venue can be in the same place since they are right next door to each other. He... Read More can help you set up all your smaller details too if you like dj, catering, etc. Communication is a little slow, but very friendly. Victor did an amazing job helping me with all my details and answering all my questions. The venue is so pretty it barely needs any decor. It is a little out of the way from the city but is definitely worth it.

A Dream Wedding!

Reviewed on 7/19/2014

Spinelli and Staff! Thank you, thank you, and thank you. You all made our wedding dream a reality in less than three months. From when we first visited the venue to our big day, and after, we felt welcomed by everyone. Everything from the ceremony to the reception went as... Read More planned and we are happy. The foods OMG! (Leg of Lamb and Chicken Marsala) were exquisite and delicious. Everyone loved the foods. The cottage was very convenient for all our friends and families. With our low wedding budget, we received A Five Star treatment. Thank you! That is true; we arrived as strangers and left as friends. We can’t ever thank you enough for helping us. Well done and well earned! Junko & Berlin

June 2014 Wedding

Reviewed on 7/15/2014 Cierra M

First of all, we chose this venue because of the small town charm and the beautiful scenery. All of our guests were taken away with how beautiful the venue was, and comfortable it felt. I would say that my overall experience was a good one with this venue. The owner is Dennis... Read More Spinelli, and this general manager is Victor. Dennis is charming and he is the one that originally showed us the venue and got our contract drawn up. We met with him a few times throughout our engagement to check in. Most of the time we spoke with the GM Victor. He is a funny guy and really goes out of his way to help you out. He even made sure that I could use the venue one whole afternoon to myself for my bridals. This venue is great because everything is included in the price. We booked early, which I would recommend since they tend to book up pretty fast. The food at the wedding was great, and everybody loved the cajun style buffet we decided to do. I would recommend doing a tasting at their other venue The Library/Restaurant to try out different styles! If there was anything negative I had to say, it would be the fact that we thought paying gratuity on the building was a little ridiculous. We were already paying gratuity for the waitstaff, but on the building itself? That was odd. Also, I was okay with there being other people checking out the venue on my wedding day (we did the same thing when we came out the first few times), but there were random strangers snooping through our stuff at 3pm when our wedding was at 6pm. It felt a little intrusive. Other than that, I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for a small town venue with lots of charm! Some of our guests even said they wanted to book the place! Good luck!

Spinelli's Cathedral in Comfort, Texas

Reviewed on 6/04/2014

My husband and I got married at Spinelli's Cathedral in Comfort, Texas on December 31st 2013. It was the perfect wedding at the perfect venue. The old world charm was incredible. Dennis Spinelli and his staff did a fantastic with the food and decorations. My husband is still... Read More raving about one of the dishes Dennis prepared for the reception! Pork with red pepper sauce. It is a must try! From the first moment we visited The Cathedral and met Dennis and Victor we knew it was the perfect venue. Beautiful and the warmth and enthusiasm exhibited where unbelievable! The entire staff made our experience one never to be forgotten! They were there to answer any questions we might have at any time. They made us feel like we were the only two people they needed to attend to. The venue offered so much. Beautiful grounds and spots to do many outdoor activities, as well as, a bride's cottage. The cottage was perfect for spending time with your bridesmaids and getting ready for the big event. I loved it! Can't say too much about the wonderful food and service at the reception! Every dish was superb! My fav was the chicken with a mushroom sauce that was to die for. I highly recommend Spinelli's Cathedral for your upcoming wedding!

What a gem in the Texas Hill Country

Reviewed on 9/05/2013 Shirleen L

Of all the compliments we received for our wedding, the venue was one of the top two aspects that were so highly complimented! The moment we stepped foot on Spinelli's Hill Country Cathedral, we knew it was the spot for our wedding. Beautiful 100+-year-old rock wall chapel for... Read More the ceremony, reception on same location with some recent upgraded construction, beautiful landscape, and the drive out to Comfort, TX from San Antonio provides for nice rolling hills scenery. Talk about some great photo opportunities! We like to refer to it as our drivable destination wedding. Dennis and Victor were all a big help in making sure that all the details of our wedding were squared away. The day of, Victor, Tori, and other staff had the venue set up exactly to how we described it. And they were all too willing to make a couple of minor changes. Even though there was a wedding the night before, everything was clean and prepped for our wedding. I would highly recommend this place as a wedding venue! Once you set eyes on it, and it fits the overall theme of the wedding, I would venture to say it would be hard to pass up! Thank you to all at Spinelli's for helping make The Oldham Wedding a dream come true.

The Cathedral is a beautiful venue!

Reviewed on 7/19/2013 Johnny E

Everything was perfect. The coordinators are experts. I didn't have to do a thing!

Great Times in life

Reviewed on 6/17/2013 Brandi H

The best Time in my life, thank Dennis , we love the venue The space in both the cathedral and hall were big enough for both of our large families to dance the night away and having everything so close was ideal.the patios are beutiful, I could not be more pleased with our... Read More wedding day and all the beautiful memories!

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 4/28/2013 Toni F

This was a great venue with a helpful manager. They were always friendly and easy to work with throughout the planning process. Our only complaint would be that they told us their would be a day head coordinator for the day of. However, it was not very organized the day of.... Read More They only coordinated the catering part. The wedding day was a little stressful because we had to worry about the timing of everything.

beautiful venue, friendly service and great price

Reviewed on 4/19/2013 Sabrina J

My wife and I were so happy to find Spinelli's Cathedral. Dennis, the owner was more than happy to have a lesbian wedding there. The price was very reasonable. We loved the cathedral and the new reception room. I would definately reccommend it.

Wonderful Venue

Reviewed on 4/17/2013 Elizabeth D

I used the Hill Country Cathedral for my wedding venue on 13 April 13. I reserved the venue about eight months before, and it was already nice. Now it is BEAUTIFUL. The renovations they have done in the past months are incredible. The chapel is perfect and intimate, the patio... Read More area was such a great cocktail hour area, and the new dining room was warm and perfect sized for my 175 guests. The bridal suite on site was great for my bridesmaids to have a place to get dolled up, and the old dining area we decided to use as our dance hall since it has a great stage for the DJ. My favorite thing about the venue is that it takes very little decoration because it is already so nice, and the grounds were beautiful for pictures and for our guests to walk around and enjoy. The owner, Dennis, and manager, Victor, were really great. They worked with me on pricing and timing and were flexible since I was an out-of-town bride. Victor helped with all the setup day of, and it turned out great. I also used their restaurant Spinelli's as my caterer, and the food was hot, yummy, and there was enough for my guests to get seconds. Their staff was so professional and helped with cleanup throughout dinner and the rest of the night with our decorations. I highly recommend the venue, it's truly a hill country gem.

We Loved it!!

Reviewed on 3/23/2013 shannon b

We had an amazing time!! Everything and Everyone was completely wonderful from the time we started planning the wedding until the end of the wedding. It was so special for everyone that attended and we couldn't have chosen a better place to be married. We would recommend it to... Read More anyone!!

Spinelli's Cathedral is amazing!!

Reviewed on 12/04/2012 Emily C

My husband and I got married at Spinelli's Cathedral on November 24th, 2012. We had the most beautiful, fun, amazing night!! Spinelli's has everything you need right in one place, and Dennis and his team are so great. We actually had a flower problem right before the ceremony... Read More where 1/2 of the bouquets had wilted. The staff at Spinelli's actually jumped in and fixed all of them without being asked or expected to do it. You just can't find service like that everywhere. Thanks to Dennis, Denise, Victor, and the entire Spinelli's crew for helping make our wedding the best day of our lives.

Great Day

Reviewed on 11/06/2012 GG D

I got married in the middle of the week and that saved on the price of the venue. This was important to me and my husband to be since we are both putting ourselves through school and do not have a lot of money saved up. However, because the Cathedral lends itself already to the... Read More most beautiful place possible, our wedding looked like a million bucks. Dennis, prepared the Italian buffet, (absolutely delicious) and gave an extra hand to help my grandmother who had trouble walking. He also is full of life and brought many smiles to the happiest day of our life. I would give this venue an A++ all around. Great service, food, and dancing all night. Thank you to Dennis and Spinelllis Cathedral staff.

Easy to work with

Reviewed on 11/05/2012 john f

There are so many options to make this venue unique The patio, Church, dance hall , great food and because they are so expereinced with events. They offer all kinds of suggestions and ideas.I used this vendor for my daughters wedding and had a great experience. We were able to... Read More get in the day before to decorate they open early that morning They were easy to work with and very accomodating. I would most definitely recommend Spinelli's Cathedral

Reviewed on 11/04/2012 V J C

The location is great, the catheral is wonderful, the staff was terrific, the food was out of this world. Everyone said how much they enjoyed themselves, some said they wished they had, had thier weddings there, some others said they were going to refer thier friends. Overall... Read More Mr. Spinelli, Victor the Manager and Staff were over the top, we couldn't have asked for things to be more perfect.

This Was the right PLACE

Reviewed on 11/04/2012 joe f

My husband and I knew right away that this was the place .My husband and I were married at Spinelli's Cathedral in 2012. Dennis and his staff really created a lovely, whimsical evening for us on our special day. We had our ceremony in the 100 year old church , with a cocktail... Read More hour to follow. Then we and our 220 guests were moved out to the gorgeous Dinnig room for a candlelight dinner, and we even had a violinist playing in the corner! It was perfect and oh-so-romantic! After dinner, we all headed to the dance hall,for our favorite part: the Music hall : )) so we all partied and dance all night . We ALL had such a blast, and I was in love, we were in love with the beautiful, unique hill country charm of Comfort and the cathedral.

Treated like aQueen

Reviewed on 10/31/2012 toni s

Everything was wonderful, Mr. Spinelli and his staff were great, they provided everything and the food was awesome. My guest were amazed, I can't tellyou how much I recommend it. Thank you all at Spinelli's.

Spinelli Dennis