Spirit of Philadelphia

Philadelphia, PA

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Your Wedding Day Should Be Perfect!

The Spirit of Philadelphia will give your guests an experience unlike any other in the city. Featuring all inclusive packages for groups of up to 500 and on board ceremony options. Let our specialized event planners do all of the work! Plus, ask about exclusive yacht, the Freedom Elite, perfect for groups of 50-70 guests.

Ballroom, Waterfront, Cruise, Restaurant, Rooftop

771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100

123 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA (267) 238-3618

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Jennifer M

We had our late-May wedding on the Freedom Elite, and it was the best decision we made! We wanted a wedding that was intimate and unique, and having our ceremony and reception on the water was perfect! We had 60 guests aboard the yacht, and everyone had so much fun! It's been a... Read More few weeks, and we still look back at the pictures reminiscing our perfect day. Both Amanda and Robyn were one of our favorite vendors to work with. They were professional, responsive, and helped provide great advice throughout the planning process. I did not have a wedding planner, so I tried to be as organized as possible for Robyn and her team. As part of our package, we also had our cake and DJ vendor booked. Huge plus! Kurt was our DJ, and he ROCKED it! EVERYONE was dancing, and enjoyed all of the songs he played. The cake vendor is Bredenbeck's, and they were an absolute dream to work with! The staff and bartender kept the party going! Special shoutout to Robyn because she truly is a great person to work with. She helped me with all of the last-minute details, coordinated with vendors, and kept making sure that the bride and groom had everything that they needed!

Reviewed on 10/06/2017 Emily B

We had our wedding on the Freedom Elite (the Spirit's private yacht) July 2017, and it was absolute perfection. From our first tour to the end of our wedding their wedding coordinator's Robyn and Amanda were so professional and there every step of the way. They truly made the... Read More whole process simple and seamless, and were quick to respond with any questions we had. No small detail was missed! All we had to do on our wedding day was show up and enjoy ourselves. I was honestly so relaxed because Robyn made sure everything went smoothly throughout the ceremony and reception. The venue itself is beautiful, the cruise relaxing and the food was so good. We did a brunch menu and it was REALLY delicious! The DJ kept our party going the entire time and was really attentive to our needs. Our guests cannot stop talking about how unique our wedding was and how much they enjoyed themselves. If you're contemplating choosing Spirit, do yourself a favor and book them! Our wedding day was amazing all thanks to them! - Emily & Anthony

Reviewed on 4/24/2017 Lorraine G

I can sum this review up in one word MAGNIFICENT!!!!!!!! From the day we reserved the boat until the day of the wedding everything was handled for us. If we asked a question the girls answers where more than we could have thought of. We were married by the Captain and he did... Read More such a nice job, it was like he knew us all his life and made it very personal . The buffet was delicious and the hot food was hot and the cold food cold. The serving staff was kind and most considerate. And the cake, Lord have mercy !! The boat looked just beautiful and the atmosphere was perfect. The cruise was so special, as we got to see the sun set. Penn's Landing looked beautiful. Our friends are still raving about the friendly service they received. The bartender was fabulous! There was never a line at the bar because as the day went on he knew what you drank, talk about service! The DJ was the absolute best, played everything we requested and more. Now let me tell you about Robyn, Amanda and Michelle, there couldn't be any wedding planner or coordinator better than these women. They were the most polite, caring and considerate women ever. Your wish was their command! There wasn't a thing they wouldn't do to make you happy. It was an absolute pleasure having our wedding on the Elite. It was better than any country club wedding we have ever attended. We wish we had another reason to book the Elite again!!! If you are hesitant, don't be, it was a wonderful experience!!

Reviewed on 1/12/2018 Danielle P

We had an absolutely gorgeous wedding aboard the Spirit of Philadelphia, Nov. 25, 2018. We highly recommend this venue to any couple looking to have a fun wedding in a unique setting with delicious food! Robyn and her entire staff were a dream come true. We didn't have to worry... Read More about anything because they took care of everything. November isn't ideal for an outside on deck ceremony so we had ours inside on a deck separate from our reception. The small space made for an intimate ceremony with our family and friends close. Our guests really enjoyed going above and watching the scenery float by after we set sail. Going under the Ben Franklin Bridge while it was all lit up was a particularly liked scene. Lighting on board is tricky. Cell phone photos are hued in red and blue from the fluorescent lights so make sure people bring their real cameras too.

Reviewed on 1/08/2018 Lisa B

My daughter Abbie's Wedding, on 10/14/17, was on the Freedom Elite Yacht and it was amazing. All our friends and family could not believe how nice it was from the food, the views to the help, it was great. Robyn Schwartz, our Wedding Planner, was just wonderful to work with... Read More and she took all the stress off of us from start to finish. I was able to enjoy the Wedding since Robyn had it all under control. Our guests were raving about the mashed potatoes. I would recommend choosing this as a side dish. The chef’s choice appetizers were just wonderful also. If you are looking to host a small intimate Wedding, that is really unique, look no further than the Freedom Elite Yacht. You won’t be disappointed. Mother of the Bride Lisa Bass

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Nicholas R

What can you say about everyone working with Freedom Elite? In my mind there are not enough words for the amazing job they did on our Wedding day. From the start, Robyn was phenomenal to work with and she was always available for our many questions or giving her suggestions... Read More based upon past experiences. From start to finish, everything the crew did for us on our special day was perfect! At the end of the day, guests were raving about the food, the setup and the service that was provided at the bar and during dinner. Not only was Robyn available at all times, she had everything in exactly the right place for when we arrived and was always on top of us to move onto the different parts of the wedding and we could not have had the amazing day we did without her keeping us on track. In the end, we could not be happier with our decision to cruise with Freedom Elite on our Wedding Day and if you are looking for a unique venue not only for weddings but for Corporate Events or any other type of party, I would highly suggest Freedom Elite.

Reviewed on 10/21/2017 Jessica D

We had our wedding on the Spirit of Philadelphia, and it was absolutely flawless. All of the staff was respectful, friendly, and helpful throughout the entire process. I'd like to point out a few wonderful people who made our day rock! Robyn, our coordinator, was so detail... Read More oriented and answered our questions promptly. She assured me more than once that everything would be perfect, as it was, and she made sure from beginning to end that everything was smooth. Every single person that attended our reception said they thoroughly enjoyed the service, food, scenery, and music the Spirit offered. Matthew, our server was phenomenal !!! He made sure that everyone was well fed, comfortable, and kept the drinks coming. He especially made sure that we were taken care of, and boy did he live up to his perfect recommendation. Thank you Matthew from the bottom of our hearts, for taking such special care of us..your kind gestures truly made our night one to remember!! Kurt, our DJ, kept the music going all night long, and the dance floor was never empty. Our first dance was unforgettable, thank you SO much. It was truly the most perfect evening with the Spirit, we can not say enough good things about it. Hands down the best decision!!! THANK YOU.

Reviewed on 10/10/2017

We just had our wedding there this Saturday October 7th and it couldn't have been more perfect. The staff was very accommodating, friendly, hard working and, all around lovely to work with. We had the most amazing day because of all of them. Our wedding coordinator was Amanda... Read More and she was truly wonderful to work with. Made our day perfect with no stress, she was organized and, super helpful and pleasant. Also the DJ was phenomenal he had every one up and dancing all night! The food was delicious and the bartenders/waiters/waitresses had everyone with constant drinks in hand (how we like it). We cant wait to go back it was the best day ever! Thank you all for making our wedding a true fairytale

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Amy B

THE BEST EVER! My hubby and I booked a private event for our wedding on the Freedom Elite... and it was simply amazing! Every detail was perfect! The event staff is so great, especially Amanda (and Robin!) who put up with me for a year and didn't miss a single detail. The... Read More customizations were outstanding and the venue is amazing! Thank you so much!!! We had the best time of our lives!! *Amy & Jamie*

Reviewed on 9/17/2017 Daria H

It was absolutely stunning - the service, accommodations, and view was perfect. It was the best way to kick off our wedding weekend with such a fabulous rehearsal dinner!

Reviewed on 9/13/2017 Allyssa K

Our wedding on board the Freedom Elite was truly an unforgettable experience! From start to finish, the staff was professional, attentive, and exceeded all of our expectations. Our wedding coordinators (Amanda & Robyn) and our DJ (Curt) went above and beyond to ensure our... Read More special day was nothing short of a fairytale. When it came to planning and day of, everything went so smoothly. It was so nice not having to worry or stress and instead enjoy every single moment with each other and our guests! To this day, we and our guests still talk about how perfect our wedding day was! Thank you to the Freedom Elite crew for making our dream day come true!

Reviewed on 8/20/2017 Sheila M

My husband and I celebrated his 47 birthday via a lunch cruise. The boat left late and did not extend the time of the cruise to accommodate the delay. We ate lunch and opted to go outside to see the view. When we returned the dessert station was completely wiped out and the... Read More music for a Sunday afternoon was deafening. We thought it could be much nicer if better organized. We would pass on ever returning.

2017-08-21T08:46:18 Response from the vendor

Hello, We're so sorry to hear that you did have the best cruise experience. I would be happy to offer you 2 complimentary tickets to give us another chance! Please call 267-238-3617 to set up an upcoming cruise. We hope we see you on board... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/18/2017 constance v

Hi the knot, I am a very happy bride! My wedding and reception was aboard the Spirit of Philadelphia on 7/29/2017 and what a memorable day. Team Spirit was awesome! My day was amazing! When they tell you to just show up and leave the work to them, they meant it. Amanda &... Read More Robyn made our wedding the Wedding of the Century as our family members calls it. The Venue, food, drinks and the music was all great. One we will talk about in years to come. I would recommend the Spirit to any one considering getting married. PS, wedding photo's are unbelievable. Thanks again team Spirit of Philadelphia! Bride Constance Valentine/Groom Michael Valentine

Reviewed on 6/10/2017 Kevin W

When my husband and I got engage we knew we wanted something unique (not the typical country club wedding). We also didn't want our guests paying a lot to travel to an island. We discovered the Spirit of Philadelphia and knew it would be perfect. Wow did we make the best... Read More decision. A unique wedding experience without all the traveling. Amanda and Robyn were wonderful with coordinating and organizing everything. They wanted our day to be the best day ever just as we did. We got married in a private ceremony on the top deck then had the top floor inside deck private for our reception. The DJ was great, the cake that was included in our package was beautiful, but most of all it was the perfect setting for a wedding. We continue to talk about how amazing and unique our wedding was. Our guests loved it too. Oh and the food, not only was it amazing but unlike any other venue, the buffet was out all night. And don't miss pictures at sunset with Philly in the background....amazing. As if we didn't feel special enough...the captain let us guide the ship. How cool is that. We wouldn't have changed anything about our venue choice. One year later, and we are about to board the Spirit for our one year anniversary. So cool that you can revisit your venue every year.

Reviewed on 5/29/2017 Heather L

My husband and I got married in May 2017 aboard the Freedom Elite, and I have to say, it was one of the best decisions we could have made. The staff was super attentive all night, and everything went incredibly smooth. And Robyn, the wedding coordinator for the Freedom Elite,... Read More was just fabulous. Without her, I would have been a mess! She took care of absolutely everything. I couldn't have asked for a better, more memorable night. The ship was beautiful, and my night was one all of us will never forget. I loved it so much!!!

Reviewed on 5/16/2017 Melanie S

The Spirit of Philadelphia helped make my dream wedding come true. The Freedom Elite was the perfect place for me and my husband to say our "I dos," in an intimate way with our closest friends and family. Robyn and Amanda supported us in staying focused on the most important... Read More elements of our day. My wedding day was even more than I could have imagined and I will forever be grateful for the Spirit of Philadelphia for making it happen. I would recommend them to anyone. -Mrs. Melanie Frederick

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Lorna G

Absolutely wonderful experience. My guests are still talking about it.

Reviewed on 2/19/2016 Michelle A

My wedding was unforgettable. The service and quality of the food was amazing. Everyone had a wonderful night. We couldn't have asked for more. Definitely plan to use the Freedom Elite for another venue in the future.

Reviewed on 11/11/2015 claritza r

Excellent services for ceremony and wedding receptions!

Wonderful Wedding!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Alicia N

Our wedding was May 3, 2014 on the Freedom Elite in Penns Landing. One of our first dates was down in Penns Landing so when we found the Freedom Elite - it was perfect; it was elegant, unique and intimate but most of all it would provide us our dream wedding on the water. Not... Read More only did we get an amazing wedding with unsurpassed service but we were able to provide our guests with a wonderful experience - a night on the water! People still tell us that we had the most unique and fun wedding. I also have to commend Amanda Greco who was our wedding coordinator. She was the very best in terms of making sure we had everything we needed before and during our event. She thought of everything and was always available when we needed her. So not only is it an impressive venue but the customer service aspect is out of this world! I would highly recommend the Freedom Elite for anyone looking to have a wedding in the Philadelphia area!

Onboard Freedom Elite

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Johanna E

The best night of my life. An intimate, beautiful setting with gorgeous views of Philladelphia along the way. The staff is outstanding, the food delicious and our every need was taken care of.

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Johanna E

Our wedding was onboard the Fredom Elite; a private yacht part of the Spirit of Philadelphia fleet. We had 68 beautiful guests and a view of the Philly skyline at dusk that was second to none. Amanda and all of the Freedom Elite staff went out of their way to make our special... Read More day beyond memorable. I highly recommend an intimate wedding onboard Freedom Elite.

Amazing Wedding

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Monica C

We had the pleasure of getting married on the Spirit of Philadelphia this past May. The whole process from beginning to end went smoothly. Amanda and Kelly were awesome and responded to ALL of my emails very quickly! They made sure to make the day perfect and kept to the time... Read More schedule. The food was good and the staff was very friendly. The music was great too, the dance floor was packed. We could not have asked for a better experience for our big day.

Unique and Fun!

Reviewed on 11/27/2012 Christa C

A unique twist on the Bachelorette Party, it was different and fun. We ate, drank, danced, and had an overall good time. I would definitely recommend this to persons who are looking to have all the fun of the bar-scene without wanting to go to the bars.

the best experience ever !

Reviewed on 10/18/2012 Alisha B

From start to finish it was amazing .. we had the ceremony on the boat having the captain marry us , having the view captured in every picture . All we had to do was show up , everything was taken care of and in place , we even had our own server that took care of just us .... Read More Communication between the coordinator was great a simple email with a question and it was answered quickly. We were married in August, and for the last 2 months we have heard from every guest that it was the best wedding they went to , which to me makes it worth every penny ! I love looking at the pictures and remember what a great time we had, we plan to go back every year for a dinner cruise !