Springvale Golf Course and Ballroom

North Olmsted, OH

Book Your Wedding with Springvale Golf Course and Ballroom

A BALLROOM IN NORTH OLMSTED, OH

The Springvale Golf Course and Ballroom is an elegant and sophisticated wedding venue in North Olmsted, Ohio, one of the oldest in the state and it remains both timeless and contemporary. With panoramic views of carefully manicured lands, the Springvale Golf Course and Ballroom is a fitting location for a simple wedding in a refined setting.

Ceremonies can take place inside the ballroom or on the neatly trimmed lawns under the open skies, with guests retreating to the stylish ballroom for a cocktail hour and reception once couples have exchanged vows. The classic elegance of the indoor and outdoor spaces also offers unique, distinctive photo opportunities for newlyweds and their bridal parties.

The elegant ballroom is a suitable setting for upscale receptions. The ballroom easily accommodates up to 320 guests for a seated dinner. Amber chandeliers are complemented by warm wooden decor and understated decorations. Hardwood floors stand up well to late-night dancing and lend an air of sophistication to the venue. A massive Austin stone fireplace adds warmth to the room and affords a scenic backdrop for memorable photos.

The Springvale Golf Course and Ballroom provides comprehensive event planning services to ensure couples can have a stress-free wedding planning experience. Since only one event is held at a time, couples can be sure that they are receiving all the attention that they need.

The venue offers several customizable packages to suit the needs of any to-be-weds. Weddings include rentals of all tables and chairs, linens and other necessities. Notably, Springvale offers many decor items at no cost, including cake knives, champagne flutes and table numbers. It also will set up all decorations, centerpieces and favors and hold them for up to a week after the event, allowing ample time to pick them up after the wedding is completed.

Couples should note that Springvale requires security for all of its ballroom functions, a cost that is not included in any of the wedding packages. However, the bar fee is discounted for any guests under the age of 21 and the food fee is discounted for guests under the age of 10 years old.

The public, 18-hole course at Springvale Golf Course and Ballroom is a gem itself. Open since 1928, it provides more than 6,000 yards of premier golfing as well as putting and chipping greens. The course even features one of the most challenging holes in all of Northeast Ohio. Golf lovers will enjoy the opportunity to squeeze in a round before joining the couple for wedding festivities.

Springvale Ballroom

SIMPLE | Custom, all -inclusive, cost effective, packages assist with making your planning effortless and efficient. SEAMLESS | We've got you covered from your centerpieces to your wedding cake and chair covers. All you need to do is book your favorite vendors. SOPHISTICATED | The original woodwork of the historic 1923 ballroom, paired with the flowing fabric & lights, sets the scene for your elegant evening. STRESS-FREE | From your ceremony all the way through the late night snack at the end of the evening, relax, and enjoy yourself, we'll handle the rest. SUPPORTIVE | Springvale's Event Coordinator and staff are there to assist both during the planning process and the day of.

Ballroom, Country Club, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

5871 Canterbury Rd, North Olmsted, OH (440) 777-0161

Reviewed on 7/09/2017 Jaclyn R

We couldn't be happier with our experience at Springvale Ballroom. We could not imagine our big day without the support of Kelsey and Vickie at Springvale. They were able to capture our vision and turn it into a dream come true. Kelsey was very responsive to emails and phone... Read More calls. She is also very accommodating to requests. Thank you Kelsey and Vickie!

Reviewed on 7/14/2017 Colleen H

our wedding at springvale was a dream come true! Kelsey was amazing she is so good at what she does and she eased all of my bridal jitters and made sure everything was perfect! It rained 10 minutes before our outdoor ceremony and without Kelsey calming me down and making sure... Read More everything still went off without a hitch was so amazing and I'm so grateful! I highly recommend Springvale!!

Reviewed on 6/05/2016 Samantha T

We had our wedding reception at Springvale and it was absolutely stunning! Kelsey was such a pleasure to work with and she made sure every detail went as planned. From the very first meeting we had with her she was fun , friendly and professional. We had a lot of questions... Read More along the way and Kelsey answered all of them. She made the planning process as stess-free as possible. The Ballroom is so beautiful. We loved having a big open wooden dance floor and the big wooden bar was a nice touch too ( the bar tenders were also amazing ). We had selected the sit-down style dinner and the food was amazing. We selected the Chicken Picatta and Pork Loin. The green beans and mashed potatoes were a huge hit as the sides. Kelsey made sure to keep all of our vendors informed as well , and everyone worked very good together. I would recommend Springvale to anyone looking for a wedding venue. Another thing we really liked was that it is just one Ballroom there so you basically have the place to yourself. It was truly the best day of our lives and it was all made possible thanks to Kelsey and Springvale.

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Stephanie L

We had an amazing experience with Springvale! Kelsey was our event coordinator and did an excellent job. She was quick to respond to my emails and helped take so much work off my plate. Our day was flawless due to her organization. Not only is Springvale beautiful but they... Read More provide so many extras for you such as linens, cake and centerpieces.

Reviewed on 7/12/2017

Our wedding took place this past April. I could not have had a more perfect experience with Springvale! Kelsey was awesome and was a huge help in the wedding planning process! She was so organized and on top of all that needed to be done! Our wedding was on a Friday and... Read More unfortunately due to pre-planned classes that take place every week on Thursdays, we weren't able to set up much in advance. However, Kelsey let us come in early on Thursday morning and set up what we could that would be out of the way and drop off all of our supplies and decorations. She then took it upon herself to set up the ballroom for us on Friday morning and she nailed it! She brought to life the perfect Pintrest wedding board that I had in my head! The food was delicious and I had many guests and family members rave about how good it was and that it wasn't like the typical "wedding food." We were able to do a tasting before our day and that helped a lot! Overall, we loved Springvale and will recommend it to anyone looking for a beautiful wedding space and venue!

Reviewed on 11/12/2016 Katherine M

My husband and I absolutely loved and enjoyed every minute of our wedding reception at Springvale! Everything was perfect! The reception hall was gorgeous and just a dream come true! The food was delicious! Anne, of Cakes of Elegance, did an amazing job with the cake! I... Read More couldn't get over how gorgeous it was! And from what was smashed into my face, it was absolutely delicious as well! Every detail and decoration was just perfect! We couldn't of been more happy with Springvale! Kelsey did a great job in organizing everything and keeping us on track with what needed to be done and just made us very cool and comfortable with everything! We couldn't of been happier with our experience at Springvale! I wish we could go back and do it all over again!

Reviewed on 11/09/2016 Rachel L

After 4 emails and a phone call, I was able to book a tour for a 6pm showing. Somebody emailed me back and said 7pm, in which I stated I had already got a confirmation email saying 6. Whoever this person was agreed on 630, but we were still not seen until 7. I admit, I already... Read More had a bad taste in my mouth about this place because of all this, but I wanted to give it a try anyway. The place seemed very outdated to me and had a musty smell. I was told by people who have attended weddings there before that you share the bathrooms with the general public, so people are in and out of hallway at all times. I guess I was just pretty disappointed about the whole place in general, especially after reading the reviews!

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Amanda W

I could rave all day about Springvale! We were lucky enough to have the most stunning outdoor wedding on the golf course. The reception room is also stunning - the lighting and ceiling make it magical before you even add your own decor. I can't say enough good things about the... Read More service as well. Kelsey was so kind, polite and helped me through the entire process with all my silly questions. We got many compliments about the food and the venue experience. I highly recommend Springvale!!

Reviewed on 11/04/2016 Laina C

Stop looking! The amount of nice words to say about the venue staff and especially Kelsey don't exist. I switched from over specific bride to don't care what happens on a dime and Kelsey was able to manage it all. My wedding planner told me after the reception that she had... Read More literally never worked with a more amazing staff. They were helpful, kind, attentive and above all fun! Thank you Kelsey!

Reviewed on 6/01/2016 Ashley S

Our wedding reception at Springvale was nothing short of amazing!!! We had our reception on April 23 and the day was flawless. Kelsey was there to meet us when we arrived and guided the whole night along perfectly. The food was amazing--we had steak, chicken parmesan & baked cod... Read More and I heard great things about all of them. We had many guests tell us it was the best wedding food they had ever had! While we were searching for a reception hall, I fell in love with Springvale because of the rustic feel of the ballroom, the tooling, the lighting, everything. Throughout the planning process, Kelsey was so helpful and made sure to answer any questions I had along the way timely. Her and the staff also went above and beyond on the day of our wedding, setting up all of the little details I had come up with along the way. We also had Ann from Cakes of Elegance make our cake through Springvale as part of our package and that turned out beautiful & yummy as well! Our cake was White Amaretto with Raspberry filling and Chocolate Fudge with Chocolate Mousse filling. I would highly recommend Springvale to any brides-to-be in the Cleveland area! If you want a wedding reception that is completely flawless with nothing for you to worry about on your big day, Springvale is your venue! Our guests are still talking about how our wedding was "the best wedding ever!" :)

Reviewed on 4/13/2016 Celina G

I can't even begin to put into words how perfect our wedding day was! I'm an OH native, born & raised in the CLE area & now reside in TX. With planning a wedding comes stress, so planning a wedding from 1200 miles away was sure to be a challenge. Kelsey made my wedding planning... Read More experience smoother than smooth, responding to emails/phone calls w/in 24 hrs. We had our rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, ceremony & reception at Springvale & there wasn't a single glitch. Kelsey was present through all 4 to ensure everything moved smoothly & accordingly. The ceremony & reception set up is perfect. The transition from ceremony to reception is very fast & seamless (<10 mins) w/out interruption of cocktail hour. The food is delicious (I'm the pickiest eater), the cake is excellent, & the service is professional. We had 200+ guests at our wedding & there was more than plenty of room to move around & dance (& the dance floor was packed through the last song). My guests were beyond satisfied & complimented on how great everything was. You absolutely CAN NOT go wrong w/this venue...Kelsey is amazing & it is very affordable!!! What I expected to be stressful was the easiest experience I've ever had b/c Kelsey & Springvale are that great at what they do. I assure you, you will not be disappointed! If I could have given a higher rating, I would do so w/out a doubt!

Reviewed on 3/21/2016 Lauren S

I worked with both Kelsey and Sarah at Springvale Ballroom for my wedding in November 2014 and they both went above and beyond each step of the way. Working with Sarah on package choices and decor was a breeze. She explained everything in a really easy to understand way and was... Read More very accommodating with special requests. She was also always available and comforting when I had concerns. Working with Kelsey on the final details was amazing – she also was very comforting and accommodating of last minute concerns and set my mind at easy before the big day. On the day of our wedding, she was on top of everything, making sure the details were perfect and the reception went smoothly. Springvale Ballroom was the perfect choice for our wedding - from the beautiful wood floors, vaulted ceilings, spacious bar and retro band stand. The food was great, drinks were flowing and the prices were right. They were accommodating of special requests in decor, timing and package choices. Check out Springvale, it just might be the venue for you! I couldn’t have asked a better vendor in Springvale Ballroom and I could not recommend both Kelsey and Sarah enough!

Reviewed on 3/07/2016 Rachel C

While we appreciate the effort that Kelsey and her staff put forth, we feel that some things fell far short of the expectations of ourselves and our guests. I realize that this isn’t a common occurrence, as the facility has very good reputation and that was the primary reason we... Read More chose it. First issue... I am the Key Account Manager for a liquor distributor. Because of this we had agreed to and were assured that the bar would be stocked with liquor that was part of my companies portfolio and not that of my competitors. The liquor's that we explicitly requested not be served was there. Needless to say this was a conflict of interest for me and the many employees in my organization that were in attendance not to mention tremendously embarrassing. When this was mentioned to Kelsey she dismissed it as a simple mistake. That’s not a simple mistake, it’s a HUGE problem. Secondly, we had multiple guests tell us that they believed that the alcohol that was being served was “watered down”. If that in fact is the case it is not only unethical, but illegal. These same people among many others also complained to us about very poor bar service. While I can’t prove the claim that the alcohol was in fact “watered down" I can tell you that having that many people mention it certainly warrants suspicion. The food service was, as l learned from multiple tables an unmitigated disaster. Many tables did not receive their food until 9:30 which was after we had already cut the cake. It was well over 1.5 hours after the first tables were served. When they did receive it, they immediately claimed it was COLD, and in many cases not even what they had ordered. Almost every single person I have talked to claimed the food was cold. How could this have happened? Furthermore, I was told by one of our guests that she had the audacity to tell a guest that the delayed service was my fault because I “didn’t turn in the form with the number of meals at each table early enough”. In my estimation that’s terribly insulting at a minimum. It is my understanding that some of our guests have already contacted Springvale to file a complaint on their own. How embarrassing for my husband and I, as well as Springvale Ballroom. When we reached out to the facility manager, Sarah at Springvale, she took NO responsibility for these issues. She had an excuse for every matter that we brought to her attention. She was beyond unprofessional. It seems rather odd that a service oriented business such as Springvale would be allowed to function without a recourse for failing to provide a minimum standard of service. In essence, their policy is then by default, "you get what you get, and if you don't like it, it's your fault." They did nothing to make amends. The least they could have done was given us back our mandatory 16% service charge, which was over $2000. Therefore, we paid $2000 for terrible service and horrible food. I would highly recommend staying away from Springvale, because if something does go wrong... they will blame it on you. In my experience, businesses do not function well without any accountability or customer satisfaction driven behavior. Rather than being able to look back on my wedding night as a fond memory I will now have to forever remember that evening as being tarnished by unfulfilled promises which led to our humiliation in front of our guests, as well as the bitter taste of terrible service.

Reviewed on 11/30/2015 Ashley F

Springvale Ballroom was the most beautiful place before our own touches were added, but once that happened the hall transformed into the most magical location I had ever seen. Kelsey, and her team, took care of literally everything. I dropped off about 16 boxes a couple days... Read More prior and on our wedding day, it was displayed beautifully and better than I could have imagined! Our guests cannot stop raving about the food and how the kitchen allowed us to personalize our options (the perogies melted in your mouth!)All dinners were hot when they were delivered and cooked to absolute perfection. That has to be tough to do with 250+ guests. We also had our ceremony there, so not only was it set up beautifully for the short ceremony, the transition from ceremony to cocktail hour was absolutely seamless and happened in less than seven minutes (swear). After the wedding, my parents went to collect the décor and Kelsey had everything packed up so they didn't have to lift a finger. It's not something you really think about but it goes a long way! I will highly recommend this location to anyone until I am blue in the face. It is beautiful, the team is the most efficient and our wedding day was the best day ever.

Beautiful ballroom

Reviewed on 11/30/2015 Laura

Springvale Ballroom is just gorgeous, and the service we received was great. Everyone was so accommodating and made our evening run extremely smoothly. The food was very good (got lots of compliments on the pierogi's!). My only con would be that the cost of the venue includes a... Read More minimum of 200 people - so if fewer than 200 people RSVP, you still have to pay for 200 (but don't get to keep extra food). We invited over 200, but had a lot of people from out of town who couldn't make it, which made our cost per person a lot higher. So I'd be cautious about this venue unless you're SURE you're going to have a large wedding. Otherwise, it's a beautiful ballroom on a beautiful golf course that's very all-inclusive and I would definitely recommend.

Best Value

Reviewed on 11/06/2015 Laura A

I'm so glad I decided to have my wedding ceremony and reception at Springvale. Kelsey was awesome to work with. She took the time to listen to my concerns and was more than willing to work with me and my ideas. She made sure my wedding day was stress-free. I didn't have to do... Read More anything except enjoy the day because I knew everything was in great hands. No one complained about the service and the food was good. I highly recommend Springvale Ballroom.

ALL AROUND AMAZING EXPERIENCE

Reviewed on 11/05/2015 Shauna C

We had our wedding reception at Springvale Ballroom this past October 2015, and from the very 1st day we went to see the venue and meet Kelsey (wedding coordinator on site) everything went FLAWLESS! The venue is beautiful, I truly think it is a hidden gem. The cost was very... Read More reasonable for food/drink and a beautiful, handmade cake is also included. The venue is breath taking with the tulle and chandeliers and the big stone fireplace behind the head table. Food was also great. We had a sit down meal, the food came out prompt and hot. The food is nothing extravagant but simple and tasty. Portion sizes were also sizable. We did a fry station later in the evening which was fun as well. We had a total of 255 guests and there was plenty of room between tables and the dance floor was still very large! The wedding coordinator Kelsey was professional and SO helpful every step of the way. She helped make the process stress free and was very well organized. There is no added cost for Kelsey, her help and expertise is including in the overall cost for the wedding, which is nice. I would HIGHLY recommend Springvale Ballroom to any Bride. It was all around a great experience and our wedding reception was beautiful, elegant and fun and flawless. -Happy Bride :)

Beyond Satisfied!

Reviewed on 11/05/2015 Snjezana S

Kelsey and the team went above and beyond to help make planning this portion of the wedding as easy and stressless as possible! We loved having the catering, bar, linens, and cake all in one place. It helped make the planning process that much better! Kelsey was extremely... Read More helpful and accommodating and the food was absolutely delicious! Also, we were able to take our photos on the golf course and they look fantastic! We both agreed that everything just turned out so much better than we imagined! I wouldn't have changed a thing!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 1/02/2015 Andrea C

I cannot recommend Springvale Ballroom enough. I cannot say enough nice words about Kelsey. Kelsey was always quick with an answer and beyond helpful. She was present for the rehearsal, arrived prior to the ceremony, and stayed late to make sure it all went according to plan.... Read More Seriously, my eyes and ears while my bridesmaids and myself were hiding out in the back room. She and her team did an amazing job of setting everything up and changing over from ceremony to reception within 10 minutes. She ensured everything was perfect and it was! Prior to the ceremony, she got my husband and his groomsmen some beers and coffee while they were waiting. Ensured I had everything I needed and got the ceremony started within 5 minutes of our planned start time. If anything went wrong, I have no idea. And I still have no idea. I couldn't have envisioned a better wedding and I can't imagine having to get it all done without Kelsey. Seriously, stop looking. Springvale is your venue.

A hidden gem!

Reviewed on 11/17/2014 Mandy S

We had both our wedding ceremony and reception at Springvale and it was fantastic. Kelsey was so detail oriented and took away any stress that I had. The day was absolutely perfect. We received so many compliments on how "homey" the venue was and how "intimate" it felt. The food... Read More was great and the cake (included) was delicious. I recommend this venue to anyone who wants their guests to feel like a huge part of their day, and have a beautiful wedding without breaking the bank! Springvale is the BEST!

AMAZING!!!

Reviewed on 10/08/2014 Heather F

Sara and Kelsey were absolutely amazing in making our reception so wonderful!!! The ballroom is gorgeous!

phenomenal

Reviewed on 3/25/2014 Nicole A

My husband and I chose the premium package that includes the cake, chair covers, 3 meal options, etc. They were fantastic. Everything was handled perfectly, Sarah made the experience as stress free as she could for this type A bride. The lighting was fantastic, and people are... Read More still talking about the food. We had our ceremony there, as well, which was beautiful and made the out of town guess half there would be minimal driving. You MUST check this place out. I couldn't have chosen a better venue. And for the price? A steal! For the venue, meals, bar, chair covers, centerpieces, wedding cake, table numbers, decorations, security, chair ribbons, etc.... completely worth it. They were also very accommodating to dietary requests and flexible with me and my Pittsburgh in laws on the cookie table tradition!

Springvale

Reviewed on 12/12/2013 Katie U

Springvale Ballroom is a lovely and reasonably-priced venue for a larger wedding reception. The ballroom itself is spacious and nicely decorated. We loved the lights wrapped in tulle that hang from the ceiling and head tables. There is a large mantle above a fireplace that... Read More gives the room a cozy feel. We were expecting around 250 and had a hard time finding a venue that held that many without cramming tables together or taking away space for the dance floor. At Springvale, everything felt nicely spread out. The food options are pretty basic, but everything we tasted was very good. The bartenders and servers were friendly and helpful. The package we got was very inclusive, which saved us time and money. They take care of linens and centerpieces. We were able to borrow cake-cutting supplies, table numbers and frames and other little items. All we had to provide were votives for the tables and things like the guest book and card box. Sarah, the wedding coordinator at Springvale, is very easy to work with and helped us with all the last-minute decisions and changes we needed. She can be a little hard to get in touch with, so if you are anxious about that kind of thing, be prepared. She always returned our calls and emails, just not immediately. We had a beautiful celebration and many of our guests commented on how lovely the room looked. I would encourage other couples to check out Springvale – it seems to be a hidden gem among reception sites in Cleveland.

Hidden Gem of a Reception Hall

Reviewed on 12/04/2013 Renee B

I found Springvale ballroom by chance while flipping through a magazine. The image was small but the description was what made me want to check it out. The Ballroom was built in the 20's and it definitely has that vintage feel. They supply gorgeous drapery for the ceiling and... Read More lots of icicle lights for the head table and fireplace. All my guests complimented the food and location. The bartenders were friendly and efficient. Sarah was my coordinator and was fantastic the entire time. She was quick to respond to any questions and was very attentive the night of the wedding. She set up all of our centerpieces and decorations which made the day very stress-free. Her team even packaged them up after we left so we didn't have to worry about anything. I'm so happy I took a chance on that tiny photo and checked out Springvale Ballroom!

Great Job

Reviewed on 11/15/2012 Monika Z

The event coordinator was great and very helpful. It's a great vendor to use when you want to have a more "all-inclusive" venue. They took car of table and chair linens, alcohol, food, centerpieces, etc., which was all included in one price.

Meet The Coordinator

Kelsey Marasch

Since 2014, Kelsey has been the Event Coordinator at Springvale Ballroom assisting in the planning and coordination of weddings, social occasions, parties and fundraisers. She holds an extensive background in marketing and customer service as well as a degree from Ohio University. Kelsey is passionate about weddings and always stays up-to-date on the latest trends! Not only is she detail oriented but makes it her goal to keep your event stress-free and fun! In her free time Kelsey enjoys traveling, staying active, and spending quality time with her large family and friends.