Spruce Mountain Events

Your wedding day…a moment you have envisioned your entire life. You want it to be yours, unique, and creatively planned. You and your guests will be immediately captivated by this privately owned beautifully landscaped 400 acre property.

• Outdoor - Covered

Farm + Ranch, Mountain

Destination Weddings

PO Box 38 14771 Spruce Mountain Road, Larkspur, CO (719) 484-0800

Reviewed on 2/17/2016 Melissa F

Spruce Mountain Ranch was an amazing place for our wedding. The peaceful setting was the perfect location to escape the busy hustle and bustle of Denver, but allow us to have nearby accommodations. We blocked hotel rooms near Park Meadows and hired a charter bus. We utilized the... Read More gorgeous bridal cottage and cigar bar before our wedding. We had our ceremony up on the mountain side and SMR provided transportation for our guests from the parking lot. The Colorado Room was the perfect indoor/outdoor space for our cocktail hour. It is breath taking. This also made for an easy transition to the outdoor patio outside of Albert's Lodge where we did bridal party introduction and our first dance. The roll up doors into Albert's Lodge made for a perfect indoor/outdoor space during our reception. We had our dinner in Albert's Lodge and danced the night away on the outdoor patio. The staff made were very helpful the day before the wedding with the rehearsal, and made the day flow smoothly with great setup and help recommending and coordinating all the outside vendors. Tara was responsive and personable. When you visit Spruce Mountain Ranch, you simply do not want to leave. I'd highly recommend this venue to anyone. Book early as they will fill up for Summer weddings!

Reviewed on 9/20/2015 Brenna F

Just WOW. I knew my wedding day could be lovely, but I just never dreamed it could be as lovely as it turned out to be. This was in no small part due to the backdrop of Spruce Mountain Ranch (SMR) and the kindness, support, and professionalism of Tara Ames, Erin Mondragon, and... Read More Skyeler Sheveland - my SMR girls!! Once arriving at the ranch, it's clear that the scenery and setting is beyond breathtaking. However, it is the PEOPLE that make the ranch what it is. Tara gave me vendor recommendations and always answered my questions kindly and quickly, even when she was out of the country. Erin helped identify a solution to a vendor problem, having only ever met me once and giving me the most needed hug when the problem seemed unmanageable. Skyeler helped put all the details in order and kept everything running smoothly - she even told me to stop cleaning up at the reception and get out of my dress and dancing shoes. I have never felt more loved or supported!. The SMR girls feel like family to me, and I knew how much they wanted my day to go off without a hitch. I cannot thank them enough for the memories of a lifetime. Beyond that, the value you get at SMR is beyond compare. From a cost perspective, you get one of the cheaper site fees in the Denver metro area and you get more than your money's worth for that: an adorable cottage to get ready in; a built-in backup location for rain; the ranch all to yourself; chairs and tables; and an on-site contact to help keep everyone and everything in order. The Ranch even has a hotel and transportation deal with the Inverness Hotel and the Marriott Park Meadows, so everything is taken care of in and in one place! We also rented out Ruby's Cottage for an extra two hours so that we had time to relax and get our makeup done. The SMR girls are so accommodating, so loving, and so helpful. Truly, there is no other choice for a wedding venue if you want a memorable day filled with beauty, laughter, and love!

Reviewed on 11/15/2017 Chelsea H

Spruce Mountain Ranch was the first venue in the Denver area that we looked at and we were both immediately very impressed. The property is beautiful and well-maintained, the facilities are new and clean, and the property managers/event managers are absolute professionals and... Read More wonderful to work with. We worked with Brus who was a delight in every way, communicated in a timely fashion and was always open to our questions and ideas. Budget-wise, SMR was a great choice and we both felt that we got a good value for what we spent and couldn't have been more pleased with how everything turned out. Our wedding day was stunning, everything came together exactly the way we imagined it, and we are still receiving compliments from our guests about how beautiful the venue/ceremony site/reception space all were. I truly have no complaints or negative remarks. I will mention that SMR does require you to choose rental, catering and beverage vendors from their preferred vendor list, however, I actually appreciated this as it streamlined my decision making process. Additionally, all the vendors on that list work at SMR nearly every weekend and are consummate professionals who know the venue inside and out. I felt this really made things run smoothly. Looking back on our wedding day fills me with so much joy and I know that is due in large part to the excellent industry professionals we worked with. Everyone told me how important it was to feel good about your vendors and I can tell you with no hesitation that if you select SMR, that is a decision you can feel great about throughout the entire process. Huge thanks to the SMR team for helping make our day everything we hoped it would be!

Reviewed on 11/08/2017

I'm a big believer in serendipity. When my daughter first became engaged I was given a very large wedding venue book and Spruce Mountain Ranch was the page that first fell open. It was also the first venue we visited and we knew immediately it was the one, not only for the... Read More beauty and serenity of the ranch but also for the connection we made with Tara Ames. With her recommendations we were able to put together an amazing team of vendors who brought our vision together. It was truly a magnificent wedding. I could not be happier and wholeheartedly recommend Tara and her beautiful ranch for your big event!

Reviewed on 11/04/2017 Lisa C

Spruce Mountain was amazing! We are so thrilled we chose it as our wedding venue! Tara was super easy to work with and helped us with any questions throughout the planning process. The grounds are absolutely stunning! We used the Mountainside site for our outdoor ceremony and... Read More Albert's Lodge for the reception. Everything was so perfect. Throughout the process and especially the day of the wedding they proved they are wedding experts! We couldn't have chosen a better spot for our big day!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Arianne R

The minute we toured this location, we were sold. We rented the Ponderosa Room and were extremely pleased with how everything turned out. There were so many good locations for pictures! The bride and groom's room allowed us to enjoy the venue before the wedding. Out of town... Read More guests also loved the location as they could experience some of Colorado's beauty! Everything they provided was high quality - you will not be disappointed. Thank you for providing the perfect place for our special day!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Kari O

I dont even know where to begin, this venue is AMAZING! We were married at mountain side ceremony site and held cocktail hour outside the Colorado room with reception in Albert's Lodge. It was the PERFECT venue for our mid-October wedding. They do a great job of transporting... Read More guests (even last minute) who needed to be shuttled up to the site instead of walking, there was no issue with their outdoor sound system, and the cocktail hour/reception at the end of the night was flawless. We received non-stop compliments on the beauty of this amazing ceremony site especially draped in Fall colors. Thank you Spruce Mountain Ranch!

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Laura R

Absolutely love this venue! It is so beautiful we didn't even need many flowers or decorations because the venue itself is gorgeous! Almost every guest told me how much they loved our venue and we have some of the most spectacular pictures! We even danced outside on the patio... Read More under the market lights which made for the perfect CO night.

Reviewed on 9/21/2017 Sarah T

We just had our wedding at Spruce Mountain Ranch and it was absolutely perfect. The venue is stunningly beautiful and the staff was a pleasure to work with. I had so many guest tell me that it was the prettiest wedding they had ever been to! I couldn't be happier with our... Read More venue selection.

Reviewed on 9/10/2017 Allie B

Spruce Mountain Ranch made my dream wedding a reality. This is the most beautiful venue with the most wonderful staff. I could write a novel on how much I love this place. The beauty is unmatched, the staff is so very helpful and we wouldn't change anything! Thanks spruce... Read More for making our day a dream!

Reviewed on 9/07/2017 Jena C

Spruce Mountain Ranch was amazing- we could not have picked a better venue. Tara and Brus are extremely accommodating in the planning phase. The venue is gorgeous and well-kept. The people at Spruce care about their couples and want nothing but a perfect experience for them!

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Mary C

Spruce Mountain was the perfect Wedding venue! Tara was wonderful & her staff did a great job. Our guests kept raving about our beautiful venue! I recommend this venue to anyone to has any kind of event coming up!

Reviewed on 8/19/2017 Caysie L

Spruce is an all around INCREDIBLE mountain venue. Our wedding was mid June & it was perfect!! The property is huge, with many different ceremony and reception sites available. It was awesome to be able to pick exactly what we wanted. We did our ceremony on the mountainside. All... Read More of our out of town guests were completely blown away by the view. Our reception was held in Albert's Lodge, with dancing under the market lights. It was so dreamy! My favorite part about the whole property are the giant fireplaces everywhere. Would also be amazing for a winter wedding :)

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Calley D

We couldn't have asked for a better wedding venue. They make the process so easy from start to finish and you can't find a prettier location! Our wedding was a day we will never forget thanks to Spruce Mountain Ranch!

Reviewed on 6/18/2017 Mackenzie S

Choosing Spruce Mountain Ranch for our wedding venue was the best choice we made for our wedding. Not only did the venue provide spectacular views, but it was kept absolutely pristine. We fell in love the second we pulled onto the property! We had the pleasure of working closely... Read More with Tara to organize the details around our ceremony at Grace's Chapel and reception in Albert's Lodge, and she made everything seem so effortless. On the day of our wedding, we had two Spruce Mountain Ranch staff members on site who helped to ensure the event was running smoothly. The backdrop for the wedding made for spectacular photos and video and we couldn't be happier that we chose Spruce Mountain Ranch. Our guests had nothing but wonderful things to say about the venue. I would recommend Spruce Mountain for any bride looking for a rustic, authentic Colorado feel for their wedding!

2017-07-05T13:46:38 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words! Your family was wonderful to work with! You are all so very kind and gracious. We were so impressed by your care and love of the property! We are honored you selected Spruce Mountain Events to celebrate... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Billie G

Spruce mountain is truly the best!! Our daughters wedding was a true fairy tale!! The venue and staff were PERFECT!!! We had the mountainside wedding and indoor reception and it was stunning! Tara and her staff were always there for us and made the day perfect!! I wish there... Read More was a 10 star choice!! I highly recommend them!!

2017-07-05T13:50:00 Response from the vendor

We loved celebrating your daughters wedding with you at Spruce Mountain Events! Thank you for your kind words and recommendation!

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Kaity W

Spruce Mountain Ranch was our dream wedding venue. My husband and I live in San Francisco and planned our wedding 100% remotely. We booked a date at SMR without ever seeing the venue in person, and when I first got to visit SMR 30 days before our wedding date, I was EVEN HAPPIER... Read More with our decision. Tara is an angel to work with. She was easily available, answered all of our questions promptly, and made planning a wedding as easy and joyful as possible. I wish I could work with her over and over again! We had our wedding ceremony at the Mountainside terrace, and our reception in the Colorado Room and Albert's lodge. The mix of indoor/outdoor space was exactly what I had always dreamed of, and even with a late October wedding, Colorado showed off and we had perfect, 70 degree weather. We had a weather backup plan that Tara assured me would only be a 100% necessary plan B. Our primarily of town guests LOVED the venue and couldn't get over the views from our ceremony site. From the incredible getting ready space for both the bride and groom, to the beautiful vistas and lake that we took photos around, to the patio where we had our first dance... I just can't imagine a more perfect venue for our wedding. I feel like the price we paid was an incredible value compared to other comparable venues, and all 200 guests had the absolute best time. My husband and I would choose to get married at Spruce Mountain Ranch again tomorrow. If you want to see photos of our wedding you can go to our photographer's website: http://www.ebplusjc.com/kaity-david/

2017-05-31T22:22:56 Response from the vendor

The two of you are such a lovely couple! It was an honor to have your wedding day celebrated at Spruce Mountain Ranch! Your photos are stunning and full of love!

Reviewed on 4/21/2017 Michele B

I’m so happy we chose Spruce Mountain Ranch for our wedding venue! We spent a long time trying to find a place that would accommodate all of our needs, and Spruce was the only one that could do it! It’s such a breathing-taking and beautiful site with lots of ceremony options.... Read More Tara and the rest of her staff were so helpful and accommodating. Our wedding day would not have been as perfect as it was if it hadn’t been for Spruce! We highly recommend them to any bride and groom looking for a beautiful venue and reception site and awesome people to work with.

Reviewed on 2/06/2017 Lauren B

Every moment I spent at Spruce Mountain, from the initial site visit to the day of, was a delight. We had a lot of family and friends in from out of state, and wanted a venue that showcased the state that we get to call home. Spruce's entire property embodies "Colorado elegance"... Read More and is so naturally beautiful, it requires very little additional decor. We were in their lower ranch, using Albert's Lodge for the ceremony and reception, and the Colorado Room for cocktail hour. The Bride/Grooms' suites are spacious and very comfortable, you will never run out of beautiful backdrops for photos, and staff is very helpful and protective of their brides. It's the kind of place you never want to leave.

Reviewed on 12/13/2016 Kathryn R

Our wedding day was incredible! We stumbled upon the Ranch after a long day of venue searching near the Denver area and instantly fell in love with it as we drove through the grand gates. Tara, the owner was amazing to work with. She was quick to respond to our questions and... Read More very understanding while working with us as we were out of state and made our wedding a destination. Spruce Mountain Ranch made all of our dreams come true in October and I couldn't imagine having my wedding anywhere else.

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Allison P

This place is absolutely beautiful!! We had 250 acres to ourselves for the entire wedding day. This all included a cottage for the women to get ready, a bar area for the men, a choice of 3 outside ceremony sites and 2 inside ceremony sites, a cocktail reception lodge, and an... Read More outdoor dance floor! It rained on our big day and the staff handled the last minute change of plans for indoor ceremony and reception perfectly!

Reviewed on 11/11/2016 John R

What a great place to get married-everyone was helpful and ensured we had the best day possible!

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Jordan V

Spruce Mountain Ranch is amazing! All of the staff members are such a joy to work with and very very helpful throughout the entire planning process and day of. Everything on our wedding day went smoothly thanks to the coordination and communication of the Spruce staff members.... Read More The venue itself is beautiful and offers so much space for guests to enjoy the Colorado outdoors! There are also so many great picture locations!

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 matt b

My wife and I were married here in late October 2016, and every expectation we had for the venue and event were met and exceeded.  The amenities of the venue (location, views, ambiance, bride/groom spaces, tables/chairs) were perfect for the more relaxed wedding experience we... Read More wanted for our guests.  The team at Spruce Mountain are clear experts in planning and hosting these events, and they worked closely with all of our vendors to ensure a seamless and stress-free day for the two of us.  Pricing for the venue was competitive to other outdoor venues.  If you're looking to have an indoor/outdoor wedding ceremony and reception you would be remiss if you didn't consider Spruce Mountain Ranch.

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 Danielle R

I am a wedding Planner with Muse Events, who has been doing weddings in Colorado for 7 years now. Spruce Mountain is one of my favorite venues in the state, its rustic elegance and charm makes it a quintessential Colorado wedding venue. I highly recommend engaged couples put... Read More Spruce Mountain Ranch at the top of their list when considering where to get married!!

Tara Ames