Spruce Mountain Events, LLC

Larkspur, CO

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Spruce Mountain Guest Ranch, situated in Larkspur, Colorado, offers brides and grooms a peaceful and pastoral setting for an upcoming wedding celebration. This sprawling venue encompasses 400 acres of natural beauty, ideal for an open-air ceremony or reception. Indoor space is also available to accommodate events throughout the wedding day.

The Lakeview Terrace. Nestled on the shores of Angus Lake, a stone gazebo serves as an altar for a small ceremony. A fountain provides a calm serenade for exchanging vows. This space will accommodate up to 50 guests for a cocktail reception and 40 for a seated affair.

Trey's Vista. A rustic barn door frames the entrance to Trey's Vista and opens on to vast, green fields. With stunning views and open expanses, this venue has an unlimited capacity for a ceremony or reception.

The Ponderosa Room. One of the premiere indoor event spaces at Spruce Mountain Guest Ranch, the Ponderosa Room will accommodate 1,200 guests for a cocktail reception or 600 people for a seated banquet. With a stage and permanently installed audio/visual equipment, this venue enables an impressive ceremony or reception event.

The Courtyard. Primitive rock walls form the perimeter of this outdoor space and a log pergola marks the entrance. You can hold both ceremony and reception in this area, with space to accommodate 200 guests for a cocktail reception and 180 for a seated dinner. Entrance by horse-drawn carriage is one dramatic possibility for this venue.

Grace's Chapel. Nestled within the gardens, Grace's Chapel is a popular spot for an unforgettable ceremony. Wildflowers provide color, a bubbling creek shares its sounds and Spruce Mountain surrounds the chapel in all its rugged glory. Up to 250 guests can attend nuptials in this space.

Mountainside. A verdant meadow on the side of Spruce Mountain provides a quaint spot for a wedding ceremony. View of Ogdn Pond adds charm to this outdoor space, which will accommodate up to 250 guests.

Albert's Lodge. Rustic decor surrounds guests attending a ceremony or reception in Albert's Lodge. A front porch sets the tone for down-home charm and an expansive fireplace adds ambience to the space. This space will accommodate up to 250 guests for a cocktail reception or a seated event.

The Colorado Room. If you can't decide whether you want to host an indoor or outdoor gala, the Colorado Room solves this dilemma. With both indoor and outdoor fireplaces, verdant gardens and plenty of outdoor space for cocktails and activities, this venue has something for everyone. This area will accommodate up to 100 people for a standing affair and 80 for a seated event.

The event staff at Spruce Mountain Guest Ranch offers expansive expertise when it comes to planning a wedding day celebration. The facility has specific packages designed to fit the many different venues available, depending on your needs and desires.

Events can last up to 11 consecutive hours and many packages include the use of more than one space, such as the use of Albert's Lodge and the Colorado Room for both ceremony and reception. A one-hour rehearsal is also included with events and event staff takes charge of all set-up and breakdown. The wedding party has use of a bridal cottage and a loft and groom's lounge on the day of the event.

The facility provides all necessary furniture. Caterers must provide linens and tableware. State-of-the-art audio/visual equipment is also included with rentals. Guests have free and convenient parking and coat check is included. Wireless Internet is included with indoor venues.

Spruce Mountain Guest Ranch provides couples with a list of approved vendors for use with an event. Couples must also hire a day-of coordinator to assist on the day of the wedding. You may use an outside vendor not on the list with approval from the facility. All service of alcoholic beverages must be performed by Peak Beverage.

Flameless and dripless candles are permissible on the premises when they are contained in glass. No fireworks, Chinese lanterns or sparklers are allowed. Genuine, white rose petals are permissible in the outdoor venues and synthetic white petals are allowed inside. Wedding parties cannot hang decorations from trees.

The event staff at Spruce Mountain Guest Ranch welcomes special requests as they strive to make every wedding day a memorable event. Additional enhancements are also available:

• Valet parking
  • Domesticated animals are allowed in select areas
  • Guests and wedding party staying at specific nearby hotels receive transportation to and from the ranch on the day of the event

Spruce Mountain Events

Your wedding day…a moment you have envisioned your entire life. You want it to be yours, unique, and creatively planned. You and your guests will be immediately captivated by this privately owned beautifully landscaped 400 acre property.

Farm + Ranch

Bar + Drinks, Rentals + Equipment

PO Box 3814771 Spruce Mountain Road, Larkspur, CO (719) 484-0800

Reviewed on 2/17/2016 Melissa F

Spruce Mountain Ranch was an amazing place for our wedding. The peaceful setting was the perfect location to escape the busy hustle and bustle of Denver, but allow us to have nearby accommodations. We blocked hotel rooms near Park Meadows and hired a charter bus. We utilized the... Read More gorgeous bridal cottage and cigar bar before our wedding. We had our ceremony up on the mountain side and SMR provided transportation for our guests from the parking lot. The Colorado Room was the perfect indoor/outdoor space for our cocktail hour. It is breath taking. This also made for an easy transition to the outdoor patio outside of Albert's Lodge where we did bridal party introduction and our first dance. The roll up doors into Albert's Lodge made for a perfect indoor/outdoor space during our reception. We had our dinner in Albert's Lodge and danced the night away on the outdoor patio. The staff made were very helpful the day before the wedding with the rehearsal, and made the day flow smoothly with great setup and help recommending and coordinating all the outside vendors. Tara was responsive and personable. When you visit Spruce Mountain Ranch, you simply do not want to leave. I'd highly recommend this venue to anyone. Book early as they will fill up for Summer weddings!

Reviewed on 9/20/2015 Brenna F

Just WOW. I knew my wedding day could be lovely, but I just never dreamed it could be as lovely as it turned out to be. This was in no small part due to the backdrop of Spruce Mountain Ranch (SMR) and the kindness, support, and professionalism of Tara Ames, Erin Mondragon, and... Read More Skyeler Sheveland - my SMR girls!! Once arriving at the ranch, it's clear that the scenery and setting is beyond breathtaking. However, it is the PEOPLE that make the ranch what it is. Tara gave me vendor recommendations and always answered my questions kindly and quickly, even when she was out of the country. Erin helped identify a solution to a vendor problem, having only ever met me once and giving me the most needed hug when the problem seemed unmanageable. Skyeler helped put all the details in order and kept everything running smoothly - she even told me to stop cleaning up at the reception and get out of my dress and dancing shoes. I have never felt more loved or supported!. The SMR girls feel like family to me, and I knew how much they wanted my day to go off without a hitch. I cannot thank them enough for the memories of a lifetime. Beyond that, the value you get at SMR is beyond compare. From a cost perspective, you get one of the cheaper site fees in the Denver metro area and you get more than your money's worth for that: an adorable cottage to get ready in; a built-in backup location for rain; the ranch all to yourself; chairs and tables; and an on-site contact to help keep everyone and everything in order. The Ranch even has a hotel and transportation deal with the Inverness Hotel and the Marriott Park Meadows, so everything is taken care of in and in one place! We also rented out Ruby's Cottage for an extra two hours so that we had time to relax and get our makeup done. The SMR girls are so accommodating, so loving, and so helpful. Truly, there is no other choice for a wedding venue if you want a memorable day filled with beauty, laughter, and love!

Reviewed on 2/06/2017 Lauren B

Every moment I spent at Spruce Mountain, from the initial site visit to the day of, was a delight. We had a lot of family and friends in from out of state, and wanted a venue that showcased the state that we get to call home. Spruce's entire property embodies "Colorado elegance"... Read More and is so naturally beautiful, it requires very little additional decor. We were in their lower ranch, using Albert's Lodge for the ceremony and reception, and the Colorado Room for cocktail hour. The Bride/Grooms' suites are spacious and very comfortable, you will never run out of beautiful backdrops for photos, and staff is very helpful and protective of their brides. It's the kind of place you never want to leave.

Reviewed on 12/13/2016 Kathryn R

Our wedding day was incredible! We stumbled upon the Ranch after a long day of venue searching near the Denver area and instantly fell in love with it as we drove through the grand gates. Tara, the owner was amazing to work with. She was quick to respond to our questions and... Read More very understanding while working with us as we were out of state and made our wedding a destination. Spruce Mountain Ranch made all of our dreams come true in October and I couldn't imagine having my wedding anywhere else.

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Allison P

This place is absolutely beautiful!! We had 250 acres to ourselves for the entire wedding day. This all included a cottage for the women to get ready, a bar area for the men, a choice of 3 outside ceremony sites and 2 inside ceremony sites, a cocktail reception lodge, and an... Read More outdoor dance floor! It rained on our big day and the staff handled the last minute change of plans for indoor ceremony and reception perfectly!

Reviewed on 11/11/2016 John R

What a great place to get married-everyone was helpful and ensured we had the best day possible!

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Jordan V

Spruce Mountain Ranch is amazing! All of the staff members are such a joy to work with and very very helpful throughout the entire planning process and day of. Everything on our wedding day went smoothly thanks to the coordination and communication of the Spruce staff members.... Read More The venue itself is beautiful and offers so much space for guests to enjoy the Colorado outdoors! There are also so many great picture locations!

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 matt b

My wife and I were married here in late October 2016, and every expectation we had for the venue and event were met and exceeded.  The amenities of the venue (location, views, ambiance, bride/groom spaces, tables/chairs) were perfect for the more relaxed wedding experience we... Read More wanted for our guests.  The team at Spruce Mountain are clear experts in planning and hosting these events, and they worked closely with all of our vendors to ensure a seamless and stress-free day for the two of us.  Pricing for the venue was competitive to other outdoor venues.  If you're looking to have an indoor/outdoor wedding ceremony and reception you would be remiss if you didn't consider Spruce Mountain Ranch.

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 Danielle R

I am a wedding Planner with Muse Events, who has been doing weddings in Colorado for 7 years now. Spruce Mountain is one of my favorite venues in the state, its rustic elegance and charm makes it a quintessential Colorado wedding venue. I highly recommend engaged couples put... Read More Spruce Mountain Ranch at the top of their list when considering where to get married!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Morgan T

Tara is a glowing and radiant representation of what SMR has to offer. Not only did they provide us our dream venue, but ALL staff were accommodating, professional, and, wholly, a well-oiled machine. Their set-up and tear-down were seamless and made for one less stressor for the... Read More whole weekend. WE were the lucky ones to stumble across them! Our guests even want us to host our anniversaries here to reenact our day! ;) Couldn't have chosen a better spot!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Brittany C

The beautiful venue, one of the best in Colorado. They have a great staff, that pays attention to even the smallest of details. Spruce Mountain Ranch captures the best of Colorado's beauty and is such a treat for your guests.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Brandi B

Wonderful venue with stunning views, excellent facilities and top notch staff and management. I love that this venue is always putting money back into the venue and each year it gets better and better!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Mackenzie M

Spruce Mountain Ranch was the perfect place for our wedding. We were looking for something simply with a rustic feel and we could not of been happier. The staff was great to work with through the entire planning process and making sure all vendors were organized. They made sure... Read More all I had to do the day of our wedding was show up and get pampered. The boys had an option to fish, while the girls had their own suite to get ready and enjoy mimosas! Our wedding day could not of gone any better. I would certainly recommend Spruce Mountain Ranch for a wedding venue for anyone looking for a relaxed Colorado wedding.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Emily W

Great communication, stunning venue and very friendly.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Kristen O

Everything about my experience has been wonderful.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Carrie A

Spruce Mountain Ranch was the perfect venue for our perfect late September wedding! The ranch is beautiful and the views are incredible. Our guests were amazed and loved every minute! The staff at Spruce really know what they are doing and made sure the day ran seamlessly.... Read More The relationships between Spruce and their preferred vendors also helped make planning so much easier. We were impressed by the amount of time we were given at the ranch, compared to other venues we looked at that seemed like wedding factories (in and out, 3 weddings in a day- no thank you!). It was the perfect day! I would definitely recommend Spruce Mountain Ranch!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Tanya M

Spruce Mountain Ranch was an incredible venue for our son and daughter-in-laws wedding! The venue couldn't have been prettier and the staff was amazing. The venue is so inviting for fun, dancing and celebration~a perfect place for such a special day.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Tanya M

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Sarah A

Tara and her team are absolutely amazing - from day 1 we knew we had chosen one of the most beautiful and well run vendors in the state. We cannot thank you enough!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Lindsay R

Best. Venue. Ever. From the view to the unique spaces all over the ranch I couldn't have been more pleased. Very professional staff and perfect for all events from corporate to weddings.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 David S

Spruce Mountain was idyllic. Our wedding was like a fairy tale wedding. The only thing more beautiful than the ranch was the bride.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Tara S

The perfect mountain setting, so close to Denver. The facilities are immaculate, and the staff treats you like family. It was a true Colorado experience for our guests.

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Nicole M

Spruce Mountain Ranch will literally take your breath away. After visiting a few venues in Colorado, we know within 3 seconds of stepping on the property that we had found our dream wedding venue. Tara was so great to work with and our day turned out perfectly! Thank you, Spruce... Read More Mountain Ranch!

Reviewed on 9/03/2016 Madeleine B

Spruce Mountain Ranch completely fulfilled every expectation for my wedding venue! From the breathtaking scenery, to the helpful, friendly staff, I couldn't have asked for a more flawless wedding! I would recommend this venue 10/10 times.

Reviewed on 8/29/2016 Brenna D

My husband and I got married at SMR this past June (2016) and we were extremely happy! Tara Ames and her family made us feel comfortable and cared for all the way up to the special day. The ceremony site was breath taking and everything we had hoped for. The reception venue... Read More was spacious and inviting, the dancing on the patio under the market lights was dreamy. I would for sure recommend SMR to any bride with a decent budget! It is definitely not cheap but they make it worth the price and the views are unbelievable! Just MAKE SURE you have it in the budget to go with the pricier vendors they require (i.e., you won't be able to skimp on the catering, event rentals, etc. because they have certain vendor restrictions). Overall, it is an amazing venue :)