Sprung Photo

Artistic, Documentary, Modern

Engagement

Wedding

Destination Weddings, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Photo + Video

332 S Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL Chicago, Chicagoland, Indiana, Wisconsin, Iowa, Illinois (312) 235-6779

Reviewed on 8/06/2017 Alina M

We hired Victoria for our June 2017 wedding. That was one of the best decisions we made! Victoria was so easy to work with and had so many great recommendations. We had a small intimate wedding and wanted someone to really capture the experience. She did just that. We had a... Read More lot of family come in from out of town, so it was also about family, not just us... she made sure to capture pictures of people in the moment. As I was going back through the pictures you could really see the story of the day. We had such a fun no stress wedding, and she was able to capture all of that through her photos. She was a pleasure to work with and the pictures are breathtaking! Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Christine E

Victoria is an amazing photographer. Her work alone speaks for itself. We knew we liked her work and she is very skilled at low light photography as well which is why she was our top choice for wedding photographer. There was so much going on but we didn't even notice Victoria... Read More was capturing all the special moments. Even the family photos was such an organized and streamlined process. She is organized, reliable, thorough, and extremely talented. We absolutely love our wedding pictures and would recommend her in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 12/15/2016 Abigail B

Victoria and her team photographed our September 2016 wedding and they were amazing!! She was so down to earth and easy to work with. On the wedding day, she and her team really blended in with the action and went with the flow - we hardly even noticed they were there at times!... Read More She did a great combination of "staged" and informal/natural photos. The pictures really show the love and many beautiful moments exactly as we remember them. She was always responsive and answered any questions we had very quickly. I was pretty nervous about the photography aspect of the wedding, and Victoria put me at ease! Thank you so much to Victoria and her team for capturing our special day!!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Maggie R

Victoria and her team photographed our April 2016 wedding and we were so pleased with everything! Her photos are really interesting, make great use of light, and have excellent composition. We met at the Indie Wed show in 2015, and she is such a nice, friendly, easy-going person... Read More that I felt comfortable with her right away and the pictures she had there were gorgeous. I looked at her website online and then set up a meeting at her office and really got to know her work even more. I was mainly drawn into her work because of the creative photos, and after doing a lot of research, we went with Victoria! We did an engagement session with her prior to the wedding, which I highly recommend to get to know her and to be practiced and comfortable in front of the camera before the big day. Seeing those pictures made me feel confident in the quality of what the wedding photos was going to be. Victoria was completely professional and put in a ton of planning ahead of time, which showed on the wedding day because things went so smoothly. She and her team, Nickie (sp?) and Brandy, all knew the plan, the timeline, and worked to make all the photos we wanted happen. She worked well with all the vendors and the venue. The team was all over the place, getting great pictures of everything, and yet they were also very unobtrusive and allowed the action to unfold in front of them without interfering, in true documentary style! We did ask for some posed pictures too, just to make sure we got all the relatives, etc. The creative pictures came out amazing! There were only a few that we thought of but Victoria came with ideas and the execution turned out to be so perfect! The party pictures, which were more in the documentary style, made me want to get back on the dance floor and relive it all over again! All the pictures came to us in a timely manner and it is great to have the rights to the photos. It makes it so easy to share and download, especially with relatives who live out of state, like my husband's parents. As soon as we booked with Victoria, she was in communication the whole time, frequently checking in with us, both giving and asking for information to make sure we were all on the same page. I loved that because not all vendors have that level of attention for their clients. She was very accommodating and flexible with all of our ideas and any time issues that came up during the day. The whole team made the wedding party and my family feel comfortable and able to have fun in front of the camera, which makes for really great pictures! We have been so happy with everything and will also be ordering a photo album from her as well. It should be noted to all the vegans/vegetarians out there who try to avoid using animal products, Victoria offers album bindings that are non-leather, which I appreciate. I can't say enough good things about Victoria, so if you are on the fence: meet with her, look at her work, and book with her! To me, wedding photography is a big deal because after that day is over, you have a piece of paper saying you're married and photos to look back on for the rest of your life, and I am so, so happy that we had Victoria and her team there to document our wedding day!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 K O

Victoria doesn’t just bring her talent to a wedding day. Leading up to the wedding day she works with you to make sure you have a relaxing, memorable day. She wants you to receive the best photos possible and makes you feel confident and comfortable that she will do so! Victoria... Read More and her team go above and beyond. I couldn’t have asked for a better photography team!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Katie W

Victoria and her team photographed our August 2016 wedding and I simply can't say enough good things about them. From the first time I contacted Victoria to our wedding day, she and the team were professional, friendly, enthusiastic and amazingly helpful. And the wedding photos... Read More turned out absolutely gorgeous! I contacted Victoria based on her stellar reviews and fantastic portfolio. There is something cinematic and unique about her photography that my husband and I fell in love with. Via email, Victoria was extremely friendly and eager to help, even giving me guidance on what to look for in various photographers' portfolios, even if I didn't end up working with her. When we met with her in person, both my husband and I really liked her personality and felt at ease around her. We could tell she loves what she does and is excited to be a part of one of the biggest days of her clients' lives. And the photos she showed us in her office were stunning. I have to rave about how organized and helpful Victoria is. Wedding planning is incredibly stressful and can get overwhelming. Victoria was responsive to my million questions and sometimes-frazzled emails. She was incredibly well organized, and really helped me figure out my timeline and the details of the big day, which was a huge relief to me. I can't stress enough how much she put my mind at ease about timing and planning such a big event. Having somebody who is quick, responsive and resourceful is invaluable. As for the wedding day, she and her team (we went with two photographers and there was also a lighting assistant) were a total joy to work with. They were an amazing combination of invisible and omnipresent. They did not disrupt the day, get in the way, or really make themselves known, but they were EVERYWHERE. They captured every detail and event of my wedding day. And when we worked with Victoria for our portraits, she was able to put two fairly shy people at ease and get some fantastic shots. The photos themselves came out beautiful. Every moment was captured. The team used such cool and unique lighting, angles, reflections, etc. I'm not a photographer and don't know technical terms, but the photos are just gorgeous. Wedding photos were just about the most important thing to my husband and I for our wedding. We wanted to document our special day forever with style and substance. Victoria and her awesome team did a completely amazing job and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anybody. Worth every penny!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Atit P

Victoria and her team are absolutely wonderful. They were professional, kind, and extremely creative. One thing that attracted my wife and I to her was her creativity. Her pictures are amazing and words cannot do it any justice. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for... Read More great pictures.

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Ethel B

We were really glad when we decided to have Victoria and her team as our photographer. It was fun and super easy to work with her. We love the photos from the getting ready, details, creative shots, ceremony and reception.

Reviewed on 9/04/2016 Beatrice D

Absolutely do not think twice! Victoria is so professional and really takes care to place your needs and wants first. She has a thorough survey of what you want captured and she works well with you to ensure that you are satisfied. We actually had some extra time and were able... Read More to get more venues for shots than we anticipated. She is very organized and everything was timed perfectly. Our wedding photos turned out gorgeous and we could not have had this without Victoria and her team. Would highly recommend!!

Reviewed on 7/24/2016

Seamless, fluid, amazing, and so easy. Victoria has it together. My husband and I wanted for nothing with her easygoing ability to capture it all. She has a preternatural sense of timing, an ability to make herself invisible, and to wrangle family. Her images are gorgeous.... Read More I will recommend her to anyone. A true professional. I'm in the event industry and I admire her creativity and deft handling of every aspect of her shoot. From punctual, no-fuss arrival to unhurried cueing, to artful eye. Gorgeous shots and a delightful experience. Book her!!

Reviewed on 7/16/2016

Victoria and her team did a wonderful job shooting our April wedding. There were so many photos that I loved...it was extremely difficult to pare them down for a wedding album. I specifically wanted an "iconic" Chicago photo of our wedding and she really got some spectacular... Read More photos showing downtown Chicago. She and Brandi did a really great job of capturing the spirit of the wedding--especially the details. I gave both my mom and my father in law family photos from the wedding which are absolutely priceless to them. I am so very thankful to Victoria and her team! The only reason I put 4 stars instead of 5 is because I think her style is a bit more artsy and dark than mine. I would definitely recommend Victoria Sprung Photography!

Reviewed on 6/30/2016

Victoria and her team are amazing!! We booked Victoria because we fell in love with her unique personality and style. We know we wanted to try and capture as many candid and typical wedding photos as possible, but we wanted to have photos that we would love to have up on our... Read More walls. We now have gorgeous photos of our wedding day, so many memories and expressions captured that I didn't even know were being photographed, AND we have some amazing photos that we can share which highlight Chicago. Who knew that you could get a reflection of the Clark Street Bridge in your cake cutting photo...and since we had Nicoletta as her second photographer we also have the more traditional candid photo to see our expressions up close. Victoria has an amazing eye and style! When I was looking to book a photographer I honestly interviewed 8 different photographers. I was living on the east coast of Canada and had to rely on phone call interviews. One thing I have found is that every single photographer has their own unique style and you have to see which one makes you feel most comfortable both in their style and their personality. Victoria was lovely to talk to, knowledgeable, quick to respond to any questions or follow-ups and had a style that we fell in love with. We continued to work with Victoria mainly through email after booking her for our wedding and I have to thank her and her team for how organized they are. We scheduled our engagement photos and planned out our wedding day schedule, must have photos, priorities, etc all through email and a few of her question surveys. We had an extremely early morning of hair and makeup, first look, creative portraits with me and my husband and my wedding party all before an 11am ceremony time (brunch wedding!). We communicated my priorities and we ended up being AHEAD of schedule...but not too much...just enough. We highly recommend Victoria!

Reviewed on 6/13/2016 David M

Victoria is wonderful to work with and very accommodating. You will be very happy to choose her as your photographer.

Reviewed on 5/18/2016 Stephen L

Victoria was recommended to me by a trusted colleague. We were inspired by her use of light and contrast as well as her documentary style. From our first phone call to our final images, Victoria and her team were incredible. My husband and I had been planing our Chicago wedding... Read More from out of state. Victoria made us feel at ease. She is a true professional. She knows exactly which questions to ask 2 nervous grooms. Victoria and her team, over 2 days, were able to capture moments that we will cherish forever, truly. You cannot go wrong with Victoria Sprung.

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

I new right when I saw her work that there was no way I could go with another photographer. She's a true artists and is Very passionate about her work. I am very happy with my photographs. Her portfolio speaks for itself!

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Diane M

Seeing our wedding through the lens of Victoria's camera and creative eye was a gift! She captured our beautiful day at the Morton Arboretum in images that we will forever treasure. Victoria was thoughtful about working with our extended families, and helping us to enjoy every... Read More precious moment. Be specific about what you want and then let her work her magic!

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Cary Anne T

Hiring Victoria and her crew was one of the best decisions I made for my wedding. I had extremely high expectations for Victoria based on looking at her past work, but even then, she blew my new husband and me out of the water. From beginning to end, she was perfect...... Read More Victoria helped us figure out the logistics for our day to make sure the timing would run smoothly, and got to know us in advance of the wedding so she could get a sense of our style. She checked in regularly in advance of the wedding so I knew everything would be under control. The day of the wedding, her incredibly sweet, fun, yet highly professional crew were wonderful. They were tactful with my divorced parents---handling family photos without making anyone feel awkward. I know from reviewing the photos after the wedding that they were at all the key moments, but they were able to be subtle and discreet so I did not know they were there. I think for the first look with my dad, they literally hid behind the curtains! Then, when I got the photos... my husband, my entire family, and I were blown away. They did a great mix of creative shots and more traditional ones, and the composition was incredible. The first comment everyone made on seeing my wedding photos was asking about my photographer. They used lighting to really capture the intimacy, coziness, and joy of the evening. Looking at the photos now brings me back to the best day of my life, and I credit a large part of that to how well Victoria and her team captured it. If you are considering Victoria for your wedding, I can only suggest that you stop looking, stop worrying, and hire her! You won't regret it.

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Jeffrey H

Victoria's photos are nothing short of amazing and the results of from our wedding were perfect. Choosing the photographer was one of the things that I specifically asked my wife to let me do. In my family I have two professional photographer (cousin and grandmother) so having... Read More the right person photograph our wedding was important to me. Victoria's style captures the essential shots then adds a creative and stealthy flare to a majority of the others. I say stealthy because we did not notice Victoria or her team during any of the important parts of our big day. This includes the ceremony and key moments during the reception. Take a look at her work and if you enjoy the photos, schedule a meeting with her. We were impressed from the first conversation and delighted when the final pictures were delivered!

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Sami

Victoria photographed our winter wedding this past February and we could not be happier! (One of the photos of us even won an award.) Our getting ready, first look, and bridal party photos are so, so beautiful. She was the only photographer I spoke to who was actually EXCITED... Read More about photographing outside in the snow and the photos show it. The afternoon was fun and relaxed and she helped keep everything running on schedule. When we got to the venue we breezed through the MANY, MANY family photos, which is exactly what I had asked for. If the most important photos to you are large group, formal, posed photographs, then maybe Victoria isn't the best choice. But if you are like me, you have a large family and want to make sure everyone gets their moment, but you can't handle more than 30 minutes of saying "cheese!" with every aunt, uncle, and cousin-in-law on the planet, then she's your woman! After we got into the bridal suite to get ready to walk down the aisle, I honestly can't remember Victoria or her assistant's presence until the end of the night, but you would never know that from the photos. Our ceremony and reception were documented in breathtaking detail as well as expansive shots from every angle - mostly candid and photojournalistic - which, again, is exactly what I asked for. We had live band karaoke and Victoria made so many of our friends and family look like rock stars! Now that we are finally deciding which photos to print and put into a book it's incredibly difficult to pare down. Bottom line: we absolutely loved our wedding day experience and the (1000+) photos we received. Would recommend.

Priceless Photos!

Reviewed on 7/28/2015 Jamie M

Hiring Victoria for our wedding was one of the best decisions we made. Her photography is so unique, compared to other photographers we looked at. She is very good at getting the perfect candids. We loved our engagement photos and can't wait to see our wedding photos!

Reviewed on 7/28/2015 Lauren H

Victoria and her team photographed our October 2014 wedding and we couldn't have asked for a better experience. We planned the wedding long distance so I didn't meet her until the day of the event, yet she still made me feel extremely comfortable and she did a great job... Read More organizing all of the details ahead of time by phone. My husband and I felt like she took the time to understand what type of photos we wanted and all of the pictures came out great!! The hardest part now is picking out our favorite ones!

Amazing to work with

Reviewed on 4/28/2015 Stephanie H

Victoria is amazing! I am so so happy I chose Victoria for my wedding photographer! My wedding was 8/15/14. From the minute I met Victoria I knew she would be My Photographer. Victoria was so easy to work with, her calm confident attitude helped me stay calm. She knew when... Read More to make suggestions for specific photos and when to just let things happen. Victoria, her assistant and the second photographer were hard to notice during the wedding ceremony and reception. I chose to have a second photographer and im glad I did. There was no rushing to get the photos we needed because of this extra person. I do recommend an engagement session with Victoria. I chose not to have an engagement session but feel I would have been more comfortable in front of the camera if I did. All of my photos are stunning, Again I am beyond pleased with Victoria throughout this whole process. I cannot say enough about Victoria, you are crazy if you do not choose her to capture one of the best days of your life!

Trusted and experienced photographer that captured our wonderful memories

Reviewed on 3/02/2015 Meghan H

Victoria photographed our September 2014 wedding and blew away our expectations. Victoria also brought a phenomenal team of 2nd photographer Nicoletta along with assistant Sam. They worked as a fluid team, showed up early, were incredibly organized (Victoria even helped craft... Read More our schedule), and captured some amazing memories. My husband was really dubious when it came to wedding vendors (especially a photographer), but at the end of the night he thought the best part about Victoria was that we never knew she was there. Although given that we had hundreds of incredibly candid photos, she was able to capture intimate moments without being intrusive. We also loved that all our photos were online and downloadable, which in talking to other bride-friends isn't always the case with wedding photographers. Overall, Victoria and team were total professionals and I continuously look at the beautiful moments she captured. Thanks for making our day amazing!

Experienced and easy to work with. . . and of course - gorgeous photos!

Reviewed on 3/02/2015 Mildred V

Victoria did an fantastic job at our wedding, she truly captured "moments" not just family portraits and such. You can tell right away that she is an experienced wedding photographer and has done many weddings and worked with various personalities/couples. I was in a very... Read More laid back "I'm just going to let the day happen" mode and Victoria did a great job of letting the bus driver know where we needed to be and directed my family/wedding party during the planned photo shots. She took the lead without being overbearing or anything (she is very easy going and easy to work with), she managed to wrangle in my goofy wedding party and capture some really great photos. I also let her know ahead of time that my husband and I take "awkward" photos and she did a nice job directing us without saying "hey, look like you love each other" - haha. Victoria is well organized, she sent out an easy questionnaire (all info that us as brides already have plus asks us our creative portrait locations), she also provides suggestions for places to shoot in case you're unsure or need ideas, which really helped. She also knew which sites were under construction. Shortly after the questionnaire she sends a detailed timeline for the day (which I and my wedding coordinator ended up using as a skeleton/basis for the overall timeline for the wedding party and vendors). All the 1000+ photos are amazing and I have received MANY compliments on them.

The very best

Reviewed on 2/22/2015 Libby P

From start to finish, our experience with Victoria was phenomenal. Victoria captured all of the special moments of our wedding day, and we could not be more pleased with the photographs. Victoria and her crew were timely, professional, and made us and our families feel... Read More comfortable in front of the camera. Victoria is incredibly organized, and her pre-wedding questionnaire is helpful to make sure that everyone is on the same page going into the wedding day. As a result, my husband and I felt completely at ease knowing that Victoria was capturing all of the moments throughout the day. I would highly recommend Victoria to any engaged couples looking for a top-notch wedding photographer. Hiring Victoria was one of the best wedding planning decisions we made. Thank you, Victoria!!