Your Ceremony - Customized and Personalized

Your wedding ceremony should be a reflection of your love, your beliefs, your hopes and dreams for a life together. As a professional and experienced wedding Celebrant, I am ready to work with you to make your ceremony personal, unique, and beautiful. Contact me today!

Religious Affiliations

Interfaith, Secular, Spiritual

Ceremony, Wedding

Metro St. Louis and its surrounding counties (314) 322-0906

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 Lauren B

Ruth officiated our wedding in July of 2017. I was so impressed with everything about her since our initial meeting! She went above and beyond to plan and organize a ceremony that was inclusive to both my Jewish religion and my husband's Christian religion. During the rehearsal... Read More and the real ceremony, everything went smoothly and exactly what we had wanted. I highly recommend Ruth to anyone looking for a very personable officiant to make your ceremony perfect!

2017-09-26T15:24:12 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other couples!

Reviewed on 7/23/2017 Brittany W

Ruth was absolutely wonderful to work with! We really only had a vague idea of what we wanted our ceremony to be, and Ruth made the whole planning process super easy. The first time we met with her we immediately felt at ease and knew we had made the perfect decision. She walked... Read More us through the options for our ceremony, including only what we wanted and leaving out everything we wanted to avoid. We didn't know where to start with readings or vows, so she sent us a whole list of options we could piece together and make our own. We had full control editing our ceremony, and at the end it was exactly what we wanted it to be. Day of, there is no one else we would have wanted working with us. Ruth was amazing - she made sure everything was ready for the ceremony, that our reader was set up with a microphone (and didn't have to walk up stairs in her heels), and that we were at ease. We absolutely loved working with Ruth, she was absolutely great!

2017-09-27T10:18:36 Response from the vendor

What a gorgeous evening we had to celebrate your marriage at the MO History Museum! Thank you for your review.

Reviewed on 11/07/2017 Courtney R

As a Wedding Venue that hosts ceremonies often, I see many different officiants throughout the year. Ruth was the officiant for the wedding ceremony hosted at The Caramel Room on 11/3/17. She was so wonderful. From the perspective of an Event Manager, she was easy to get in... Read More contact with and extremely easy to work with. Her officiating was so sweet and lovely. You could feel the love in the room that she described. I will definitely be recommending Ruth to my future couples!

2017-11-08T09:38:34 Response from the vendor

Courtney, thank you for taking the time to write this review. I enjoyed working with you and your excellent team at Bissinger's. It is good to officiate at a venue where I know that the staff is taking good care of my couple!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017

I am so glad we decided to go with Ruth for our wedding ceremony. She did an amazing job making the ceremony the perfect amount of personalized and listened to all of my requests. I really appreciated how accommodating she was when I wanted to make changes as we got closer to... Read More our ceremony, and my guests enjoyed her professionalism and kind nature. Thanks for everything, Ruth!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Carla B

Ruth did a great job guiding us through creating our vows and the structure of our ceremony. It all went as planned and was a beautiful ceremony. Thanks Ruth!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Leslie R

Ruth Ellen was an amazing celebrant. She was incredibly well organized and easy to work with. She was prompt, professional, and fun! My partner and I didn't have a ton of ideas about what type of readings, vows, and stories to put into our ceremony, but she had tons of great... Read More ones. After meeting her, she wrote the script for our service and I think we actually had zero edits - which was an amazing feeling since we had a lot of other stuff on our plate. She listened to us so well in our conversations that what she wrote for us was perfect. Thank you, Ruth Ellen!

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Brigitte N

Ruth did an amazing job officiating our wedding. I don’t think we could have picked a better person. The ceremony was so well written! It was a perfect day!

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Lauren K

Our guests were raving about Ruth! Ruth officiated our wedding in downtown St. Louis in July 2017. While guests often praise the party and food, our guests loved Ruth's professional, personal, and engaging presentation of our story. Ruth helped us plan our personalized script... Read More and ceremony with ease. She gave us options and ideas from her extensive expertise and she made sure that she told our story exactly as we wanted. Ruth is a calming and warm person whom we felt we could trust with one of the most important days of our lives. She put us at ease at the altar, welcomed our guests kindly, and helped keep us organized. Thanks so much, Ruth!

2017-10-31T14:18:18 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind review. I enjoyed your sense of fun together, as well as telling your guests about your first impressions of each other at that Tower Grove Park kickball game!

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Jessica W

It was a pleasure working with Ruth from the first Skype meeting to the final moment, our wedding. There was a lot of communication along the way. Ruth asked us each to fill out a questionnaire which was used to create the very personal story she told during our ceremony. If... Read More there was an option to give more than 5 stars I would. Thanks to Ruth I feel that our ceremony was more genuine and personal than some of the other weddings I have recently attended. Not that there is anything wrong with a traditional scripted ceremony. Thanks again Ruth for making our ceremony, the most important part of the day, so special. Now stop reading the reviews and just give Ruth a call because she is AMAZING! :)

2017-10-30T16:28:44 Response from the vendor

Jessica, it is always fun to work with couples like you and Michael who keep focused on the essentials. Thank you for trusting me with your ceremony. And thanks for the great review!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Amy (

We cannot say enough about Ruth! We were blown away by our ceremony (it was my favorite part of our wedding day) and our guests have commented time and time again that our ceremony was the most honest and genuine they have ever witnessed. I think Ruth has a magical way of... Read More telling the "story of the couple" and her process pulls out great nuggets that she weaves into the ceremony in such a meaningful way. Her process was fun and painless. We really enjoyed going through the questions and readings together as a couple and Ruth was able to incorporate additional readings to make the ceremony even more personal. Thanks Ruth! You will remain a wonderful memory from our best day ever! With love, Amy & Jerry Lynch Three Barn Farm in Paynesville, MO September 9, 2017

2017-10-26T14:02:08 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the great review! And thanks for the opportunity to celebrate your lovely love story at Three Barn Farm. The part about your eight hour first date is one of my favorites!

Reviewed on 9/21/2017

Ruth officiated at the wedding of my daughter, Lauren, to Brad. The bride grew up in Illinois and the groom in Kentucky. At the ceremony, Ruth spoke about their relationship as if she was a long time family friend of both! She was calming, joyful and humorous, all of which we... Read More appreciated! At the reception, I received many compliments from our guests about how much they enjoyed Ruth. I would highly recommend her for your special day!

2017-09-28T13:59:35 Response from the vendor

It was really fun to tell their love story! Thanks for the great review, Linda.

Reviewed on 6/23/2017 Jessie H

Ruth Ellen was incredibly easy to work with, and made our experience smooth and exactly what we hoped for. She was responsive, open to any and all suggestions or edits, supportive, and did a wonderful job with the ceremony. Highly recommended!

2017-06-30T15:07:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the opportunity to work with you to celebrate your marriage! We had a lovely time in that gorgeous setting - The Thaxton!

Reviewed on 6/08/2017 Jaymie J

Ruth is absolutely amazing. Her personality is fun and easy going but somewhat serious as well - so your ceremony feels incredibly intimate. Ruth wrote our ceremony and asked freely for suggestions. She also had several suggestions for vows, ring vows, and readings so for a... Read More bride like me - who had no idea where to start I could start to visualize our ceremony. Ruth also always promptly responded to emails and was very easy to get ahold of. I would recommend her kind and easy spirit to any bride! She made me feel so incredibly relaxed!

2017-06-09T15:08:50 Response from the vendor

You and Kyle were delightful to work with! Thanks for the great review.

Reviewed on 12/31/2016 Anne D

Ruth was absolutley amazing. She made us feel comfortable right from the start. The service so was beautiful. We could never thank her enough.

2017-01-04T16:01:48 Response from the vendor

Anne, thanks for the great review, and for the opportunity to celebrate with you and Lee! It really was a beautiful evening, all the way around.

Reviewed on 11/13/2016 Lauren W

Ruth did a fantastic job and we couldn't have been more pleased. She was so easy to work with and made sure our ceremony was just the way we wanted it. Thanks Ruth!

2016-11-15T09:25:46 Response from the vendor

You are welcome! It was fun meeting you, getting to know your story, and celebrating with your families and friends.

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Ting W

Ruth was our officiant 6 months ago. She was our best choice in our experience with all of my vendors. She was thorough, patient, compassionate and very organized. She did all the work before the wedding and we completely trusted her. On our wedding day, she put everybody at... Read More ease and calmed us all down and did a fabulous job! Ruth has a lot of experience and was just utterly pleasant to work with. Didn't have to worry about a thing with this part of my wedding planning, which is surely a life saver for any bride. Looking back at our wedding video, we were just so glad that we chose Ruth!

2016-11-01T14:23:42 Response from the vendor

Thank you for this lovely review, and for the honor of celebrating your marriage on such a beautiful April day!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Jessica L

Ruth was so great! She did a great job making the ceremony fun and relaxed!

2016-10-28T09:59:03 Response from the vendor

Thanks!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Courtney P

Ruth was so wonderful to work with! From the moment we met with her we felt like we had known her for a long time. She is accommodating, friendly and very professional. We had a couple of planes fly over and kids crying during our ceremony and Ruth made us feel comfortable... Read More enough to just laugh it off. We are very pleased we booked her!

2016-10-28T09:48:50 Response from the vendor

The weather was fabulous, the kids were a little cranky, the setting was absolutely gorgeous. And your original vows - so lovely and heartfelt! Thank you for the opportunity to share in your big day.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Angie Q

I can't even begin to explain how wonderful Ruth was at our wedding ceremony and all the days and months leading up to it. She was extremely thorough and organized throughout our planning process, and she worked with us through multiple drafts to craft the perfect wedding... Read More ceremony. We knew every word she was going to say during our ceremony, and she delivered every word with care, grace, personality, and humor. We actually received more compliments about Ruth than we did for anything else at our wedding, even though the whole day was perfect and all our vendors were top-notch. Thank you, Ruth!!

2016-11-01T14:30:31 Response from the vendor

Angie, thank you for the opportunity to work with you and Adam on your lovely, simple, and heartfelt wedding at The Conservatory!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Jessica H

Ruth did a great job! I only had 12 days to plan my wedding and she was able to fit us in. She was very fun during our ceremony and definitely made the best day of my life possible!

2016-10-27T09:36:01 Response from the vendor

I think we have a typo for the date on this review, so I'm not sure whom to thank. But, thanks, anyway!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Katie B

Ruth came very highly recommended from many of our vendors, so we were thrilled when she was available to do our ceremony! Ruth was very easy to work both before the wedding and on the day of, and the ceremony was perfect - perfect length and felt personalized. Everyone says... Read More that the ceremony is the most important part of your wedding day, and I am so glad that I was in such capable hands. Would highly recommend to anyone!

2016-10-27T09:39:24 Response from the vendor

Thanks, Katie and Kevin!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Ashley G

Ruth Ellen was so wonderful to work with! She was so flexible about customizing our perfect ceremony. I would recommend her to anyone.

2016-10-27T09:34:11 Response from the vendor

We had a perfect day to celebrate your marriage at Sugar Creek Winery. Thank you for your review!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Emily K

Ruth Ellen did a fantastic job on our Ceremony. She took the time to help us decide exactly what we wanted and how we wanted everything to flow. Specifically, she helped us think of creative ways to include out 7 year old son in the ceremony, which was very important to us. I... Read More would strongly recommend Ruth Ellen Hasser.

2016-10-27T09:17:23 Response from the vendor

Thanks, Emily and Michael! It was a pleasure celebrating your Creve Coeur Park wedding with you.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Stephanie B

Ruth was such an amazing officiant! She really captured the life of my husband and myself. She brought everything we wanted into our ceremony and made it fun, yet telling a story at the same time! She was very involved throughout the whole wedding process and I don't think we... Read More could have found a better officiant. Thank you so much Ruth!

2016-10-27T09:27:05 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind review!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Debbie A

We absolutely loved our ceremony. Ruth was so helpful and accommodating. It was better then we even hoped. She offered a lot of helpful ideas and was receptive to what we wanted to do. She also go to know us so she made it so personal. Thank you Ruth!

2016-10-12T09:19:37 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind review! The joy of your families and friends was palpable as we celebrated your marriage in your lovely home. It was an honor for me to be your officiant.

Ruth Ellen Hasser

As a Wedding Officiant and Professional Celebrant, certified by the Celebrant Foundation & Institute in 2007, I am trained and experienced in creating personal, memorable, and beautiful ceremonies from the heart. Becoming a Celebrant has been an amazing opportunity for me to work with people from a wide variety of backgrounds and traditions, to create ceremonies which mark milestones in their lives in meaningful ways. Contact me today so that we can talk about your hopes and dreams for your wedding ceremony. And let me help you make that vision a reality!