Your Ceremony - Customized and Personalized

Your wedding ceremony should be a reflection of your love, your beliefs, your hopes and dreams for a life together. As a professional and experienced wedding Celebrant, I am ready to work with you to make your ceremony personal, unique, and beautiful. Contact me today!

Religious Affiliations

Interfaith, Secular, Spiritual

Ceremony, Wedding

Metro St. Louis and its surrounding counties (314) 322-0906

Reviewed on 6/08/2017 Jaymie J

Ruth is absolutely amazing. Her personality is fun and easy going but somewhat serious as well - so your ceremony feels incredibly intimate. Ruth wrote our ceremony and asked freely for suggestions. She also had several suggestions for vows, ring vows, and readings so for a... Read More bride like me - who had no idea where to start I could start to visualize our ceremony. Ruth also always promptly responded to emails and was very easy to get ahold of. I would recommend her kind and easy spirit to any bride! She made me feel so incredibly relaxed!

2017-06-09T15:08:50 Response from the vendor

You and Kyle were delightful to work with! Thanks for the great review.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Courtney P

Ruth was so wonderful to work with! From the moment we met with her we felt like we had known her for a long time. She is accommodating, friendly and very professional. We had a couple of planes fly over and kids crying during our ceremony and Ruth made us feel comfortable... Read More enough to just laugh it off. We are very pleased we booked her!

2016-10-28T09:48:50 Response from the vendor

The weather was fabulous, the kids were a little cranky, the setting was absolutely gorgeous. And your original vows - so lovely and heartfelt! Thank you for the opportunity to share in your big day.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Katie B

Ruth came very highly recommended from many of our vendors, so we were thrilled when she was available to do our ceremony! Ruth was very easy to work both before the wedding and on the day of, and the ceremony was perfect - perfect length and felt personalized. Everyone says... Read More that the ceremony is the most important part of your wedding day, and I am so glad that I was in such capable hands. Would highly recommend to anyone!

2016-10-27T09:39:24 Response from the vendor

Thanks, Katie and Kevin!

Reviewed on 6/23/2017 Jessie H

Ruth Ellen was incredibly easy to work with, and made our experience smooth and exactly what we hoped for. She was responsive, open to any and all suggestions or edits, supportive, and did a wonderful job with the ceremony. Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 12/31/2016 Anne D

Ruth was absolutley amazing. She made us feel comfortable right from the start. The service so was beautiful. We could never thank her enough.

2017-01-04T16:01:48 Response from the vendor

Anne, thanks for the great review, and for the opportunity to celebrate with you and Lee! It really was a beautiful evening, all the way around.

Reviewed on 11/13/2016 Lauren W

Ruth did a fantastic job and we couldn't have been more pleased. She was so easy to work with and made sure our ceremony was just the way we wanted it. Thanks Ruth!

2016-11-15T09:25:46 Response from the vendor

You are welcome! It was fun meeting you, getting to know your story, and celebrating with your families and friends.

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Ting W

Ruth was our officiant 6 months ago. She was our best choice in our experience with all of my vendors. She was thorough, patient, compassionate and very organized. She did all the work before the wedding and we completely trusted her. On our wedding day, she put everybody at... Read More ease and calmed us all down and did a fabulous job! Ruth has a lot of experience and was just utterly pleasant to work with. Didn't have to worry about a thing with this part of my wedding planning, which is surely a life saver for any bride. Looking back at our wedding video, we were just so glad that we chose Ruth!

2016-11-01T14:23:42 Response from the vendor

Thank you for this lovely review, and for the honor of celebrating your marriage on such a beautiful April day!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Jessica L

Ruth was so great! She did a great job making the ceremony fun and relaxed!

2016-10-28T09:59:03 Response from the vendor

Thanks!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Angie Q

I can't even begin to explain how wonderful Ruth was at our wedding ceremony and all the days and months leading up to it. She was extremely thorough and organized throughout our planning process, and she worked with us through multiple drafts to craft the perfect wedding... Read More ceremony. We knew every word she was going to say during our ceremony, and she delivered every word with care, grace, personality, and humor. We actually received more compliments about Ruth than we did for anything else at our wedding, even though the whole day was perfect and all our vendors were top-notch. Thank you, Ruth!!

2016-11-01T14:30:31 Response from the vendor

Angie, thank you for the opportunity to work with you and Adam on your lovely, simple, and heartfelt wedding at The Conservatory!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Jessica H

Ruth did a great job! I only had 12 days to plan my wedding and she was able to fit us in. She was very fun during our ceremony and definitely made the best day of my life possible!

2016-10-27T09:36:01 Response from the vendor

I think we have a typo for the date on this review, so I'm not sure whom to thank. But, thanks, anyway!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Ashley G

Ruth Ellen was so wonderful to work with! She was so flexible about customizing our perfect ceremony. I would recommend her to anyone.

2016-10-27T09:34:11 Response from the vendor

We had a perfect day to celebrate your marriage at Sugar Creek Winery. Thank you for your review!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Emily K

Ruth Ellen did a fantastic job on our Ceremony. She took the time to help us decide exactly what we wanted and how we wanted everything to flow. Specifically, she helped us think of creative ways to include out 7 year old son in the ceremony, which was very important to us. I... Read More would strongly recommend Ruth Ellen Hasser.

2016-10-27T09:17:23 Response from the vendor

Thanks, Emily and Michael! It was a pleasure celebrating your Creve Coeur Park wedding with you.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Stephanie B

Ruth was such an amazing officiant! She really captured the life of my husband and myself. She brought everything we wanted into our ceremony and made it fun, yet telling a story at the same time! She was very involved throughout the whole wedding process and I don't think we... Read More could have found a better officiant. Thank you so much Ruth!

2016-10-27T09:27:05 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind review!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Debbie A

We absolutely loved our ceremony. Ruth was so helpful and accommodating. It was better then we even hoped. She offered a lot of helpful ideas and was receptive to what we wanted to do. She also go to know us so she made it so personal. Thank you Ruth!

2016-10-12T09:19:37 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind review! The joy of your families and friends was palpable as we celebrated your marriage in your lovely home. It was an honor for me to be your officiant.

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Stacey B

100 % satisfied with choosing Ruth Ellen Hasser as our wedding Celebrant. She did an AMAZING job helping us customize our ceremony to fit our needs and wants. She gave us several options to choose between as far as blessings, bible readings, unity rituals etc. and that was SOOO... Read More helpful. She sent us a rough draft of how to ceremony would go and she really does a great job!!!! Please consider Ruth as your wedding celebrant. She helped make our day absolutely PERFECT!.. really...

2016-09-24T13:02:45 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the great review!

Reviewed on 9/05/2016 Ashley S

Ruth helped to make our ceremony so fun and special. You can tell that she put time and effort into making our wedding ceremony personalized to our story. Her style was relaxed and informal, which fit our personalities well. Overall, would definitely recommend!

2016-09-06T11:49:11 Response from the vendor

It was a pleasure working with you on your Zoo wedding, telling your story, and celebrating with your families and friends! And you should know that I only do that opening trick with my pearls for special couples ;)

Reviewed on 6/06/2016 Heather W

Ruth was the officiant for our wedding in mid-May, and she was nothing short of exceptional. We are not a very "serious" couple and wanted our ceremony to be light hearted and enjoyable. We were struggling to find readings we liked, etc. Well, Ruth came to our rescue! We... Read More answered a questionnaire for her, and the ceremony she came up with was exactly what we were looking for. She is also very personable on stage, and was very comforting to me- I was dealing with a bit of stage fright and she made everything so easy. (Think: whispered cues and encouragement.) The groom, myself, and our parents, ALL received inquiries from guests after the ceremony, as to who she was and where we found her! Many said our ceremony was one of the best they've ever been to, and planned on recommending her to children/friends they knew who were currently engaged. I can't say enough great things about Ruth. Just choose her. You won't regret it. If we have any major future life events (funerals, babies, etc), Ruth will be our first choice.

2016-06-07T15:37:49 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for taking the time to write this glowing review! I had fun working with you both, and especially enjoyed the opportunity to celebrate with you at the amazing Peabody Opera House.

Reviewed on 1/10/2016 Michelle K

I think I can safely say that hiring Ruth was the best decision we made for our wedding. She truly made our ceremony exactly what we wanted it to be. She is kind and considerate. She guided us through the whole process of building our ceremony. She even helped me plot a big... Read More surprise for my husband. I couldn't have dreamed of a more professional. eloquent, sensitive officiant. I can't recommend Ruth highly enough! She really worked to convey our love and the momentousness of the occasion in a way that was extremely true to our relationship.

2016-01-12T09:43:28 Response from the vendor

Michelle, working with you and Dave was a great way to start 2016! Your sense of fun and your deep love for each other was evident with each element we planned. Again, my congratulations!

Reviewed on 11/16/2015 Paige K

Ruth was wonderful to work with, we met her at my sister's wedding the year before and knew we wanted her for our wedding as well, we were thrilled to find out she was available for our day! She wrote our ceremony specifically for us and it couldn't have fit the two of us more... Read More perfectly. Ruth was very generous with her time, she met with us a few days before our wedding at our venue and helped us decided on the best setup for the wedding ceremony, and then she met with us the day before and our wedding party to go through the wedding with us to ensure everyone was comfortable. She was calm and collected through the whole day and was able to "go with the flow" when things popped up on the day of the wedding. I would certainly recommend Ruth Ellen Hasser to anyone as an officiant! Married October 24, 2015

2015-11-17T09:35:32 Response from the vendor

Thanks, Paige! It was an honor to be invited "back" to celebrate with you and Eric, your families and friends.

Simply the best - highly recommend

Reviewed on 11/11/2015

Your wedding day will be full of details and to do lists. Many people will want your time. Everyone will want to make your day special, to ease your stress. Ruth Ellen exceeds every expectation of an officiant. She was simply the best. I'd never gotten married. And we... Read More didn't have a church we attended regularly. We didn't know where to start. I wish we could remember how we found her, because I'd tell everyone. I hope this review helps others find Ruth Ellen. The friends and family at our wedding had one consistent question, "how long have you known Ruth Ellen?" They all said the same thing, "She was amazing. Her personal touch, her smile, everything about her was excellent." My aunt found it hard to believe that we hadn't known her for years. She has a gift. A gift of giving. From the first connect to the ceremony, she took care of us. She brought our story to life, she helped us share our love with everyone. She was a blessing. I can honestly say that I didn't realize what I needed that day. I didn't have any other day to compare it to. But once the day arrived and she officiated our ceremony, I was thankful that somehow, the universe looked out for us. We had an amazing day that was officiated by a professional with a genuine care for the love she was bonding.

2015-11-12T19:27:31 Response from the vendor

Jason, I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know you two, and your love story was a blessing to share. Thank you for choosing me to help you celebrate your marriage!

Reviewed on 11/03/2015 Lindsay M

Ruth was wonderful. She made us feel comfortable and we felt like she really knew what she was doing. She was professional, on time, and very helpful. Everything was just so perfect and we are so thankful she was our officiant. I highly recommend her!

2015-11-04T15:32:29 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the great review!

Wonderful Wedding Officiant

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Ashley K

Ruth was really wonderful to work with. We loved her from our first meeting! She was very professional, friendly, funny, organized, and prepared. Everything was always very prompt and well put together which is much appreciated during stressful wedding times. Ruth really made... Read More our wedding special. She allows you to help plan and shape your ceremony as much or as little as you want and she added some personal touches that made our ceremony especially meaningful to us and our guests.

2015-10-14T09:31:08 Response from the vendor

Chris and Ashley, your Jewel Box wedding was a treasure! I paricularly enjoyed that you featured two of my favorite places, Torrey Pines and Forest Park, in your story and your celebration.

Best Compliment of the Day!

Reviewed on 10/12/2015

Better than being told you're a beautiful bride, is being told that you had a beautiful ceremony! Ruth deserves most of the credit. She gave us the freedom and guidance to create a unique ceremony that was true to our shared Catholic and Jewish faiths/backgrounds. She is a a... Read More true professional; it was such a blessing to find someone who makes celebrating love and marriage part of her life's work.

2015-10-13T09:05:31 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much! I particularly enjoy working with couples like you who care so much about their ceremony.

Absolutely Wonderful Experience

Reviewed on 10/10/2015 Heather L

Ruth was so wonderful! She was extremely helpful throughout the whole process..even suggesting musicians for our ceremony. She gives you multiple drafts and suggestions throughout the whole process so that your day ends up just as you want it to. I have no complaints at all..she... Read More was absolutely lovely. Our big day was great and went so smoothly, with a ceremony that was sweet and meaningful, with some lighthearted laughs in there, too. I would definitely recommend her to anyone!

2015-10-13T09:01:53 Response from the vendor

Heather and Billy, thank you for the opportunity to celebrate with you! It seemed like everyone was enjoying themselves at beautiful Chaumette Winery.

Fabulous Wedding Officiant

Reviewed on 9/08/2015 Brittney S

My husband and I were thrilled with Ruth's services as officiant over our wedding. She took the time to meet with us in person and truly got a feel for our relationship and who we were as individuals. She created a very personal ceremony that was both heartfelt and funny.... Read More Exactly what we wanted! We received so many compliments from our guests and family for Ruth's professionalism and her delivery of the ceremony. She was a huge asset for us on the wedding day and ensured everyone in the bridal party was organized and knew exactly what they needed to do. I am so glad we found her!

2015-09-08T14:47:48 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review! I appreciated the opportunity to celebrate your marriage with you at the Seven Gables Inn. Your ceremony in the courtyard had a nice, intimate feeling.

Ruth Ellen Hasser

As a Wedding Officiant and Professional Celebrant, certified by the Celebrant Foundation & Institute in 2007, I am trained and experienced in creating personal, memorable, and beautiful ceremonies from the heart. Becoming a Celebrant has been an amazing opportunity for me to work with people from a wide variety of backgrounds and traditions, to create ceremonies which mark milestones in their lives in meaningful ways. Contact me today so that we can talk about your hopes and dreams for your wedding ceremony. And let me help you make that vision a reality!