Stage Right Lighting

Greater Virginia Area, Nationally, & Internationally

Illuminate Your Event with Stage Right Lighting!

Stage Right Lighting Weddings & Special Events is the place to go for all of your lighting needs. Whether you are the type of bride that has had your wedding planned since you were a little girl, or you have just started thumbing through wedding magazines, we can help you design your dream event.

Chandeliers, Lanterns, Lighting Design + Setup, String Lights, Lighting, Decorations + Accents, Audio/Visual Equipment, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

513 Viking Dr., Virginia Beach, VA Greater Virginia Area, Nationally, & Internationally (757) 431-4501

ONLY THE BEST!

Reviewed on 1/05/2016 Kalli M

I am so HAPPY that I chose Stage Right for my wedding. Courtney is the BEST!!!! She met with me before I decided what I wanted, showed me some beautiful ideas and together through tons of emails, my ideas and budget she helped to create my dream enchanted forest look! They came... Read More to the venue early to set up, and Manuelo the tech was professional and did everything perfectly. My guests walked in and their jaws dropped. From the chandeliers over the dance floor and the cake table, to the unlimited color changes and the dance floor wash, not one picture looks like any other. The variety of lights allowed my photographer to take so many beautiful pictures, I don't know what to choose from! I HIGHLY recommend Stage Right to any bride.. They are great and will work on any budget to make your dreams come true. I looked around and did my research like any good bride, but when it came down to it, price and a good vibe is what I went with along with reading some of the great reviews from other brides. So, if you are considering lighting and want to get the best, call Courtney and tell her Kalli sent you :)

Amazing people to work with!

Reviewed on 10/02/2013 carri f

I went in not knowing what I wanted for my reception and Stage Right took the time to sit with me and go over everything. They asked my theme and just rolled with it, they took me to their showroom and literally staged a reception! They have tables decorated and show you all... Read More they have to offer and the best part was I never felt rushed or like I was asking too many questions. I had 2 gobo's (cool little cut outs of any thing you would want on a wall or dance floor) made and after the wedding they sent me the one with our names and wedding date on it and made it a Christmas ornament!! Before the wedding they met with my wedding planner and I at the reception site and planned everything out for the day of inside and out (we had an indoor/outdoor reception). Now, for the best part! When I arrived at the reception I was blown away! They went above and beyond what I expected, it was absolutely stunning. My wedding was a year ago and people honestly still talk about "how cool" the lighting was. I promise you will not be disappointed with Stage Right Lighting!

The Perfect Touch for an Amazing Wedding Reception

Reviewed on 10/01/2013 Lisa F

Stage Right Lighting, under the management of Caroline Harrison, added just the right touches to my daughter's wedding reception. They provided elegant up lighting, wedding cake spotlight and down lights and under lights for the customized corn-hole boards for the bride and... Read More groom. Their professionalism was impressive and responsiveness to our last minute additions was amazing. We had a stress-free, no worries experience with Caroline and our onsite service technician, Martin Lawrence. Thanks for making Ansley and Chris' wedding reception so very special with your skills, expertise and warm-caring disposition! Stage Right Lighting played a very important role as part of our Wedding A-Team! Warmest regards, Lisa Fraser (mother of the bride)

Reviewed on 12/15/2016 Jill O

We were married in an indoor/outdoor venue in May and the lighting made such a difference in the atmosphere! They were very professional and provided many different options to personalize just the way we wanted. To those undecided on adding lighting to their venue, I highly... Read More recommend it and so happy I went with Stage Right Lighting!

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 Melissa B

If I could give them more than 5 stars, I would! They were incredibly professional from the moment we walked into the showroom, and knew exactly how to take everything in my brain and make it happen at our reception. They were able to work with our coordinator and partner for... Read More our special day to make it such a beautiful space.

Reviewed on 6/29/2016 Hunter C

Stage Right Lighting was so easy to work with while planning our event and the final product was perfect.

Reviewed on 5/13/2016

Fabulous. They really transformed the room! When we first booked the hotel I was not in love with the room, but after seeing their work they made it magical. I could not have pictured a more perfect wedding. Everyone loved the lighting effects and the decorations they did. I... Read More would high recommend them to anyone who wants to add a beautiful touch to their day.

Reviewed on 4/26/2016

Working with Stage Right Lighting was an incredible experience. From the first contact to the actual event...Perfection!

Reviewed on 12/28/2015 Sharise D

SRL truly made our "Winter Wedding By The Sea" magical---from snowflakes on the ceiling to snow falling during our first dance. They helped to make our special day absolutely perfect. The planning process with the SRL team was so easy, and they had some amazing ideas for our big... Read More day. We are so thankful for their team and the amazing job they did on making our wedding day dreams a reality.

Reviewed on 12/14/2015 Shaunte O

Stage Right Lighting was awesome! They were always responsive and flexible to our unique and customized wedding and reception. We requested that the lights change to specific color lights during different parts of the reception and they didn't miss a beat. They provided a... Read More lighting engineer that stayed for the entire time to ensure the lights were just what we wanted. I also had a last minute add of some personal lights during the wedding. They even helped to set those up. I highly recommend Stage Right Lighting!!!

Reviewed on 11/14/2015 Lauren G

Stage Right Lighting was fantastic! At the beginning of the planning process, I did not consider lighting - but I'm so glad we did! Courtney was wonderful to work with, from start to finish. The lighting was perfect - exactly what I hoped for (and more!). I would absolutely... Read More recommend Stage Right to other brides who are looking for lighting! And believe me - the lighting does make a difference!

MOB

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Erin H

Stage Right Lighting was awesome. Very professional, high quality work. They were able to accommodate us when the weather changed. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Magical!

Reviewed on 10/19/2015

We hired Stage Right Lighting for our wedding in Virginia Beach. The ceremony and reception took place on the resort's 10th floor Sun Deck, overlooking the Ocean. We are extremely happy we decided to hire Stage Right Lighting! They made the whole wedding look MAGICAL! The... Read More spotlights perfectly emphasized our wedding cake and all the centerpieces. We matched the lights' colors to the colors of the wedding and it looked absolutely beautiful- especially in the pictures. During the first dances and dinner time the lights were subtly dimmed which looked very romantic and elegant. Then, during the reception and dancing,the lights were changing colors (the colors that we chose- there are so many options!) and for the last hour of our reception all the lights were changing colors to the rhythm of the music- which was super entertaining. Additionally, we had string lights above the venue which created a very enchanting look and a beautiful, personalized monogram which looked absolutely amazing! Stage Right Lighting staff and technicians were very professional and Courtney helped us out greatly with choosing the perfect lights for our Big Day.

Reviewed on 10/06/2015

This was not a wedding but rather a 50th Birthday party that I had for myself!! I cannot say enough about how incredibly professional,helpful, polite and incredible the lighting looked. Jeremie and John from stage right were ready for "change of plans" as of course it rained... Read More that day, and things (tents)got moved and lighting needs changed on the fly. They conquered it all. Excellent job, worth every penny!!

Lighting

Reviewed on 10/05/2015 Jennifer L

We had a personalized GOBO on the dance floor which was great. We were very happy with JD. He was super nice and did a great job.

Awesome lighting job!

Reviewed on 9/18/2015 Taylor D

Stage Right did an amazing job with the lighting for my wedding. Although the venue (the Chrysler Museum) did not require additional lighting, I'm so glad that I used Stage Right to uplight the columns, add pin spots to the tables, and provide washes and colors for the dance... Read More floor. I worked with Caroline Harrison, who was very helpful and attentive by email throughout the process. Stage Right's prices are steep, but they are identical to the ones charged by their local competitor company. I ultimately chose Stage Right over the other company because Caroline and her team were very practical and approachable.

Stage Right Lighting = fantastic!

Reviewed on 7/23/2015 Jillian P

I had not planned on paying for lighting, but I am so glad that I did! Caroline and Courtney took extra time to help me plan the perfect lighting scheme for our event. They provided me with a lot of options and tailored a package to our venue and budget. The techs who worked... Read More that evening did a wonderful job working the light board. We were very pleased with everything!

Lighting at the Chrysler Museum

Reviewed on 6/05/2015 Cory D

I used Stage Right for lighting at the Chrysler Museum. They were very easy to work with, were able to help me work with my budget to see where we could reduce costs, and provided great service the night of the wedding!

Stage Right Lighting

Reviewed on 6/02/2015 Holly H

We loved the purple uplighting we had at our April 25, 2015 wedding! It was beautiful and everyone commented on how gorgeous it made the room look. Our pictures turned out beautifully. My husband and I would highly recommend Stage Right Lighting. We had our wedding reception at... Read More the Princess Anne Country Club, and the lighting was perfect, done by Stage Right. Thanks so much! Holly and Kiel, Virginia Beach

spectacular

Reviewed on 5/12/2015

Courtney and Stage Right lighting are the best. From start to finish and I mean tear down, they were courteous, friendly, professional and so prompt with details and set up. As the Bride and event planner I was so impressed and never had to worry about them. I cant say that for... Read More all. I would forever recommend them and definitely use them for future events. They made my wedding the dream I always imagined.

Wonderful Vendor!

Reviewed on 11/21/2014 Lauren Q

Caroline was a pleasure to work with! Planning my wedding from out of town was challenging, but Caroline was familiar with my venue and offered no-pressure recommendations throughout the process. The on-site technician was professional and the lighting was exactly what I... Read More imagined/requested. I wholeheartedly recommend Stage Right to anyone looking for lighting needs.

Delivered!

Reviewed on 11/09/2014 Amanda K

I was so happy to have secured Stage Right Lighting for my wedding reception. I choose to have uplighting, pin spots, and gobo light designs. Everything looked great for the reception. The only reason for not giving a perfect score is because I noticed that some pin spots were... Read More not aligned with the tables before my husband and I walked out. This was quickly fixed, but this should have been noticed before me. Also, I had requested a specific kind of lighting during the dinner, and this lighting request was not followed. This change did not alter the mood of the night, nor did it disappoint me in the moment. Otherwise, Caroline and her crew were very easy to work with and delivered on their services as promised!

Half Way Satisfied

Reviewed on 11/02/2014 Stacey C

The communication was a bit rough, the packages for my venue were hard to comprehend but the service by the lighting Tech's were amazing and professional! They did such a great job! I couldn't have been happier with the setup on my wedding day!

A must!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Monica F

My reception venue was a tent, so I knew that lighting and swagging would be very important to the overall feel of the tent; however, I was a little hesitant because of the cost. In the end, I just knew how important it was, so we cut back on some of our options and I couldn't... Read More have been more happy. We had the following options: 4x strands of cafe lights for the cocktail area, 14-pt uplighting, pin spot on the cake, monogram for dance floor, and swagging (vice full draping). The swag draping wasn't something they had done frequently, but it looked AMAZING and is a great way to save some money!!! I am so so so happy we decided to use Stage Right and it truly made the venue magical.

Great Job!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

Caroline is a wonderful rep and handled our requests as a professional should. She offered better suggestions, as we did not know how to make it all happen, but she did! :) The techs (2) did a wonderful job as well, and made an extra effort to have the lights on the bride... Read More and groom when it counted most. We had light rain at the beginning, but all went well. Thank you!!