Starlust Entertainment- DJs- Photography & Video

Serving MD, DC, NOVA & PA

Award Winning Wedding DJs, Photography & Video

Starlust specializes in custom-designed wedding music from pre-ceremony to the final dance. Our DJs, Photographers and Videographers bring years of experience, knowledge and professionalism to every event. Interviews conducted during the week and an open house ever Saturday 1- 3:00 pm. Call Now!

Classical, Country, Disco, Folk, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Latin

After Party, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

3900 Dustin Road, Burtonsville, MD Serving MD, DC, NOVA & PA (301) 476-7898

Reviewed on 9/28/2015 Rebekah Z

Steve & MJ are top notch! I couldn't have asked for a better DJ & emcee. They were fantastic. They were both VERY nice in our first meeting & email exchanges, and were completely on point the day of our wedding. I wouldn't have done anything different. Steve also was able to... Read More read our crowd and play the perfect music for those in attendance. He also gave us online planning forms to submit prior requests, which was very helpful, since we did have several songs we wanted to include in our day.

GREAT Wedding DJ Service!

Reviewed on 6/04/2013 Jaclyn S

Our May 25th wedding was made complete with great DJ services by Steve and MJ. It is always worrisome to think about the music and everything running smoothly because you want your wedding day to be perfect. Using Starlust Entertainment is highly recommended as it was... Read More stress-free, easy to use, there was prompt email and phone communications, and a more reasonable price for the area (Northern Virginia). Using the online planning forms and music requests makes it simple to plan out what music you'd like to hear and to plan the different events in the night. They have an impressive song list and I was able to find most all songs I wanted to hear. At the wedding, Steve was very good at playing my requests as well as playing good song choices for dinner music as well. I don't really have anything bad to say about the services, everything went according to plan and my guests had a blast dancing the night away!

Entertaining!

Reviewed on 11/15/2012 Erica B

My husband and I just had the best time at our wedding thanks to Steve and MJ! They provided music and lights for us - the equipment sounds fantastic and the lights were a hit! They got the crowd going, and helped me stay on track of time as I wanted to dance ALL night. Steve... Read More even took a moment to come dance with me as well - he has some smooth moves! I was on the dance floor the whole time, MJ had to drag me off the dance floor to cut the cake - lol! It was the easiest check we had to write, they did an wonderful job and we are happy to say we have lifelong friends in Steve and MJ. From the moment we signed up with them all the way up to the last minute before the wedding they were asking if there was anything else they could do for us. They respond quickly to emails and phone calls. You can't go wrong with Starlust Entertainment! Thanks again Steve & MJ for making our wedding amazing! XOXO

Reviewed on 9/11/2017 Linneah R

I would not recommend hiring starlust & Steve. I was looking for a less expensive DJ and was actually between just playing off my spotify premium. Perhaps things were made more difficult because i was overseas, but I found the whole experience horrendous. They have an online... Read More form that you can fill out to cater the music how you like & add particular songs, which was nice but then I found out that this is a public database and doesnt indicate their songs. We had 5 songs that we wanted played which weren't necessary standard. He definitely procrastinated despite us filling the info beforehand. He actually called me during our rehearsal dinner to say he couldnt find the song we were walking down the aisle too. We ended up playing it with a microphone held up to a phone cause they werent tech savvy. We had planned a girl dance and he played the wrong song. He did keep to our music requests mostly but definitely slanted to his own style. Perhaps if you have an easy playlist request that fits his style the experience would be ok but if you do hire i would definitely keep on him early. I regret not paying more and hiring someone that i could trust to do their job.

Reviewed on 2/15/2016 Mary M

We used Starlust Entertainment for our DJ and photography vendor on the day of our wedding. My husband and I are very happy with the way everything worked out! DJ Steve Flenner played almost all of our pre-selected song requests, songs requested by guests and incorporated music... Read More that kept everyone dancing! We also loved Carrol as our photography- he had great energy, took A LOT of photos and seemed to enjoy catching shots of our loved ones at the reception. We would work with Starlust again and recommend them for DJ/photography to our friends for their weddings!

Reviewed on 5/14/2015 Amanda L

I used their DJ and Video services, and I must say WOW!!!. The music and energy was exactly what I asked for, the site to choose music to be played, and NOT be played was so easy to use. I had Steve and MJ and they were so sweet, helpful, and FUN FUN FUN!!!!!!!! Also, the... Read More videographer Uriy was so professional. You barely knew he was there, but he was always in the right place getting the right shot. I HIGHLY recommend using their services. Had I not already known exactly who I wanted for my photographer, I would have used that service as well. I did a lot of research on DJ services and not only does Starlust have competitive pricing for their services, their service is second to none!!

Great Service and great price.

Reviewed on 1/26/2015

From the moment I contacted Steve over the phone, I knew that he was above his competition. He was polite, knowledgeable, and his price quote was inexpensive So we met him face to face and told him what we wanted and how we wanted it. Steve made few suggestions, and we decided... Read More to hire him. Well, we did not regret it. Beside the great mix of music that was played, Steven and his wife made sure that all requests were fulfilled. They guided the flow of the party from Bride and Groom's entrance to the toasts, speeches, and last dance. Everything was going according to instructions. Steve was there on time and everyone enjoyed the songs that he played. No wonder he was a DJ in Studio 54 in NYC. If you, guys, in need of a professional and inexpensive DJ with experience, choose Steve. Kevin (brother of the Bride)

Starlust Entertainment review

Reviewed on 9/01/2013 Mariya D

Steve and MJ were so easy and fun to work with! They spent good amount of time with us planning out our day and met all of our unique requests, which we had quite a few of. They did an amazing job at our wedding, and thanks to them it turned out to be a lot of fun. Since we had... Read More a day time smaller wedding, we didn't expect much dancing, but somehow Steve and MJ managed to encourage our guests to get out on a dance floor and we all had a blast!They kept everything on track and we were able to have all of the activities/dances we were planning for.They were very classy yet warm and personal in their approach, which fitted our event perfectly! Both, my husband and I couldn't be happier with the Starlust Entertainment and would most definitely recommend them to anyone looking for DJ/MC services!

Great DJ

Reviewed on 6/26/2013 Gillian E

MJ and Steve were great to work with. They were both organized and made sure that everything flowed smoothly at my reception. Both of them are very warm and friendly and they kept the dance floor hopping. They charged my family and me a very reasonable price and were very... Read More accommodating. If you are in the market for a DJ I would definitely recommend them.

Great Job

Reviewed on 8/28/2012 Emily B

Mike was a great DJ for my wedding. He played the music I requested and did a great job at getting people on the dance floor. They were very affordable.

Best choice for all of your entertainment needs

Reviewed on 10/25/2011 Ruth F

Starlust Entertainment is excellent at providing its clients with a complete package to cover all of their DJ, Photography and Videography Needs. They were wonderful in helping my partner and I to take control of our wedding and to make it the type of day we always wanted.... Read More They made us feel comfortable from the very start. We had a wonderful time at the wedding and were very impressed with their services. Ruth and Marcos

Fabulous!

Reviewed on 10/24/2011 Angela E

We had such a good time at the wedding! Steve and MJ were very instrumental in that! They were so easy to work with, and made our day run very smoothly. MJ is very charming- and was able to pull off herding guests around for intros, cake cutting, first dances etc. She is... Read More loaded with personality, and really added to the excitement of the evening. The dance floor was loaded all night long!!! I gave Steve a list of songs I really wanted to hear and he ran with it. We couldn't have been happier with how the evening went! They are a very professional, fun couple, I can't say enough good things about them! Thanks Steve and MJ for adding the icing to the cake! You guys were awesome!!!!

Satisfactory

Reviewed on 10/20/2011 Chelsey S

This company in general was great to work and the owner is super nice!!! The specific DJ that I had kept the dance floor hopping but played only one or two of the songs from the must play request list I provided. There were some songs that were very important to me that were... Read More never played. At the end of the evening when I was beyond exhausted and saying m goodbyes and thank you's the DJ asked if I could go online and write a good review from him. I'm not very used to people requesting a good review especially at the end of one of the most stressful days of my life. However, you can not argue the fact that the dance floor was never empty so I guess I have to give props for that.

TFSW

Reviewed on 10/20/2011 Sarah F

I was a bit skeptical in finding a good DJ especially after all the horror stories I heard however after meeting with Steve and MJ my fears were put to rest. Steve is very knowledgeable about what music keeps people on the dance floor and he was extremely good at mixing the... Read More oldies with the more modern songs. The dance floor was never empty! MJ was an absolute gem and did a fabulous job keeping the reception organized and on top. I would definitely recommend them for your wedding!

Fantastic!!

Reviewed on 9/27/2011 Mary C

They were awesome! Steve was wonderful to work with and helped us pick the perfect DJ for our wedding. Bud, our DJ, was AMAZING!! Everyone loved him and nothing but nice things to say. He kept everything running smoothly and everyone on the dance floor. I will definitely be... Read More recommending them to all my newly engaged friends.

Wonderful to work with!

Reviewed on 9/21/2011 Ashley O

Steve and his wife MJ were absolutely wonderful in regards to helping me keep the wedding days situated. Plenty of music to choose from! The were also very understanding in regards to payments and always very kind!! True pleasure to work with and I would definitely hire them... Read More again!

Guests were very happy!

Reviewed on 11/15/2010 Christina M

Steve and MJ really took the time to make our wedding memorable - they sat down with us beforhand to help us choose ceremony, reception, and dinner music. We trusted them to make the best decisions, which they did! They did an amazing job - everyone was dancing at one point or... Read More another, and most people were dancing all night long! The ceremony choices were really unique and beautiful (not cookie-cutter), but sounded "bridal", too. I was very happy with their service, and would definitely go back to them for future services. They seemed to genuinely care about making the day the best it could be, from start to finish. My dad even requested they stay for an extra half an hour!! (as did the rest of the guestlist!)

dj

Reviewed on 10/15/2010 savvy w

did great

MJ and Steve Rock!!!

Reviewed on 10/10/2010 Victoria A

The DJ really kept the party going and the transitions were seamless. They also went above and beyond finding the music we requested. My guest are still talking about how great the music was. They were professional and flexible. They worked with me and due to my work schedule... Read More the whole thing was arranged via email.

you get what you paid for

Reviewed on 10/01/2010 Christine K

So there are several things I like (and dislike) about this company. I will focus on the "likes". They use an online planning tool that worked great so that no annoying traditional wedding songs were played (think chicken dance, macarena, etc). The DJ was very professional... Read More and if you don't want over the top, they respect it. He played a great mix of top 40 and country which had our guests up and dancing the whole time.

Review of DZ Entertainment - DJ Johnny

Reviewed on 8/15/2010 Kirsten C

We really like our DJ, John Torres. He was friendly and professional and took a low-key approach to the evening, as we asked. He kept everyone informed of the night's activities and did a great job keeping our guests on the dance floor. The only hiccup was the microphone... Read More situation - he only had one wireless mic and we didn't know that our venue didn't allow wires to be brought from the house to the lawn. We therefore had to shuffle the mic back and forth between our officiant and the musicians/readers. While this wasn't entirely his fault, it would have been nice if he'd had more equipment on hand. Overall, though, we would definitely recommend DJ Johnny to others.

Rating for DZ Entertainment LLC

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Laurie T

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Lee M

DJ 2Nutz played exactly what we wanted. His personal musical taste does not match with ours - he DJs locally at many bars and parties. But that didn't stop him from finding the exact music we requested. He was extremely professional. We specifically wanted a DJ who did NOT... Read More spend too much time on the microphone and was more discreet - he was perfect.;I have no warnings about using DJ 2Nutz. He tells you what he needs and gives you what you want.

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Julia S

Very good and responsive - good suggestions

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Jessica F

Worked the crowd very well, knew how to get our guests up and dancing, chose a variety of music that catered to all crowds.;Didn't play all of our 'must-play' songs, but it wasn't a big deal.

Steve Flenner

I have been a professional DJ/Emcee and band member over the last 35 years. Currently I specialize in custom weddings and special events of all types. Starlust Entertainment also offers award winning photography and video services. I have hand selected the members of my staff based on personality, experience and talent. I understand how important it is to work with my clients in fine detail to create the event they expect. Please join me broadcasting live on the internet @live365.com. Stations are listed as Starlust Entertainment & Pirate Bay Radio. I produced music for everyone to enjoy.