Your Story with Heart

There's a reason you're getting married! It's because humans connect with other humans. It's hardwired into our DNA. Our brains produce oxytocin when we make connections with other people. Similarly, character-driven stories also cause the production of oxytocin. And it's this connection with characters in the emotional ebb and flow of a movie that the audience connects and is moved in wondrous ways. We create films with people at the center point, not some place (however beautiful it may be) or fancy aerial drone shots (although we do those too). We tell your authentic story that you will be remembered by for generations to come.

Documentary, Dramatic

Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Full-Length Video, Highlight Video, Video, Photo + Video

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100

30 Lino Pl, Makawao, HI Hawaiian Islands, Asia, USA, Europe, Oceania (808) 270-3027
INSTAGRAM

Great Videographer

Reviewed on 3/12/2014 Jessica B

Stephan is great to work with, he was able to work with me on a great package, and very responsive from the beginning to the end. Our wedding video turned out great, and much more affordable than other companies I've seen.

2015-09-18T15:25:48 Response from the vendor

Thank you Jess! Feels like just yesterday we spent the day together.

Live webcast

Reviewed on 10/16/2013 Aimee M

One word: AMAZING This made it possible for our family to see a live webcast of our ceremony! Stephan was incredible and he did a great job!!!

2015-09-18T15:26:48 Response from the vendor

Sweet! Thank you Anthony and Aimee! This is why we do what we do: couple = happy; viewing audience = happy; us = happy. Many mahalos.

Necessary Addition

Reviewed on 9/01/2013 Lindsey M

My husband and I wanted a very small intimate destination wedding with just immediate family and a few close friends. My dad suggested we find a videographer because footage from other weddings had always been a highlight. We bought the basic package and were told a live webcast... Read More would be posted after the wedding for only those people you wanted to share the link with. We considered not even doing this but so many family and friends were so excited to participate when we told them. My aunt got up at 1:30 am to watch the webcast at the earliest possible moment. We have been able to enjoy it ourselves and have found it to be one of the best purchases we made. Everything was easy, communication was quick and the price is really inexpensive for the quality and value of your purchase. We would absolutely recommend this to anyone who wants a prized keepsake of this moment in their lives and the ability to let people who could not attend the wedding still partake in it!

2015-09-18T15:27:41 Response from the vendor

Thank you thank you! So amazing to work with you in such an amazing place.

Reviewed on 12/14/2017 Joanne Y

We had an easy and fun time working with Stephan and his team during our wedding in Maui! We loved all the video they captured, how they edited it and were so impressed with the speed of their delivery. We'd recommend them to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Jamie C

I got Maui'd this past August. I am so glad I picked Stephan to be my videographer. My video turned out how I wanted it to be. We added the drone and it was even more breath taking! My video is priceless !

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Mallory H

Stephan and his team filmed mine and my husband's wedding at the Grand Wailea in Maui, Hawaii and I can't say enough wonderful things about him!! He was so nice and pleasant to work with and his work is truly out of this world!! He put together a GORGEOUS highlight film for us,... Read More which we showed at our wedding reception when we returned home, and everyone in the place was crying when it was over! I had so many people tell me how moved they were by the raw emotion that Stephan was able to capture in the film. I can't tell you how many times I heard "I felt just like I was watching a movie and couldn't wait to see what happened next!!" It was so gratifying to know that our money was so well spent on his services and he really captured all the happiness and beauty of our wedding day, that we will be able to enjoy for a lifetime! Thank you Stephan!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 giada c

Stephan and his team immediately understand which kind of movie we were looking for.. they were able to convert out words in a stunning and fabolous love moving... thank you so much from our hearts for your skills and professionalism! Stephan.. you are the best!! Mahalo, Giada... Read More &Matteo

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Kathryn M

Stunning work! We were beyond happy with the results. Thank you for helping us to achieve what we wanted and more!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Tiffany R

The best decision my husband and I made!! The video turned out amazing and I am so happy with the work Stephan did.

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Ana A

Stephan Boker was excellent. I can't stop watching our wedding video. The way he pieced the footage together is just beautiful. I highly recommend him.

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Melanie B

Stephan was absolutely amazing!!!! I absolutely wish I could leave more stars for him. I love the wedding video that Stephan created for us. It really captures our wedding day through beautiful imagery, great storytelling so we can relive our wedding day over again. Stephan was... Read More great from start to finish - (1) easy and prompt communication, (2) he scheduled a Skype call prior to our wedding to get to know us and be aware of any surprises to get on film, (3) on the day of the wedding he came - all smiles - so excited to help us capture the day. He went all out to make sure he got the best shots and stayed longer than we agreed on. I really felt that unlike other vendors, Stephan was truly an artist that was passionate about making our wedding day amazing. It showed with every second of our video. Thank you Stephan!!!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Isaac G

I had high expectations seeing a previous video Stephan made of a wedding I attended, and he exceeded them! Was an incredible person to work with, both passionate and thoughtful. A must have for any wedding in Hawaii!

Reviewed on 10/14/2017 Amanda E

Stephan was a great videographer for our wedding and I’m so glad we that we picked him! He was very helpful from beginning to end and the video truly captured our wedding as I felt it! If you’re looking for a very personabl and knowledgeable videographer with great skill he is... Read More the one!

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Brooke J

LOVE LOVE LOVE everything about the video, words cannot adequately express our thanks and appreciation for the amazing product you provided. We will be able to view forever and thanks to you and your team, relive the best day of our lives over and over again. I apologize for... Read More the delay in response as we waited to do a big reveal to our friends and family, and despite the anticipation, it was worth every minute. I don't think there was a dry eye to be found and we have you to thank for that. From the first correspondence prior to the wedding, to the actual amazing day itself, our family was so impressed with your team. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Destinee C

Stephan is an amazing human being! His easy going nature, and creative mind made for an excellent experience. He was clear in his direction and made us feel so comfortable. I would recommend him over and over again. Thank you!

2017-07-17T12:32:49 Response from the vendor

"Do something you love, and you never work a minute in your life." Thank you for putting your trust in us. We don't take it for granted.

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Jennie G

We got married on Maui just last month, and video was something that we initially had not considered. Because it was just going to be the two of us, we decided to also add video for our friends and family. In the short time that we were with Stephan, we are completely blown... Read More away by the film he created. When they say his films are "cinematic wedding films" that is an understatement! I really never knew a wedding video could be so artful and beautiful. My mom was especially amazed at how wonderful the finished product was. We can't wait to show the rest of our friends and family!!! Thank you Stephan! :)

2017-06-26T16:04:25 Response from the vendor

Hi Jennie! You are so very welcome! To think that we can hold a video camera and move it with Maui as a backdrop and with beautiful people like you and Jeff as our subjects, is just a dream come true. Yes, we work hard,... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 4/11/2017 Rose C

Stephan and Chris did such an amazing job on our wedding film! Definitely worth the wait. We can’t stop watching it over and over again. Haha. We’re just in awe with all of the perfect moments that were captured. Watching our film took me back to the feelings I felt, the warm... Read More sun, the cool breeze, mist from the ocean, the joy and love that was in the air. It all came rushing back. It got us both really emotional in the best way possible. We feel so overwhelmed with gratitude and happiness. Our expectations were high and they were completely exceeded. Mahalo nui loa -Rose & Russ

2017-04-20T14:27:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you Rose and Russ! You and your family were such treat to be around and work with. Many mahalos for everything.

Reviewed on 12/13/2016 Kim T

My husband and I got married in Oct 2016 at Makena Cove in Maui (beautiful and breathtaking hidden gem that is also a must-see!). We honestly weren't looking forward all that much to the video (and only because neither one of us is really that comfortable in front of the camera-... Read More we thought we would look a kind of awkward). We got the video and were seriously blown away by how great it is. Stephan edited the best, most natural looking, and flattering shots into our video. The music is perfect (we originally picked 2 songs, but they just didn't "go" with the video, so we asked him to change the music to his choice- we should have trusted him to begin with!), the entire ceremony is on it- which is perfect because we didn't have any family or friends come... not even our two daughters. We watched the video with our immediate family shortly after downloading it (about 1 month after our wedding) and our 6 year old cried so many happy tears it was unbelievable, which is a true testament to the emotion captured here. I can say, with 100% certainty, that this is the biggest bang for your buck and you will not regret hiring him!

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 Johnson A

I can't say enough about Stephan and his team. I hired Stephan as a last minute gift to my wife as she really wanted a videographer for our wedding. He was also recommended by my wedding coordinator. Stephan was very responsive. He worked with immediately and gave me a customize... Read More package that fit in my budget. He was very flexible. We got married in Maui, HI at Olowalu Plantation House. On the day of the wedding, he made me and my wife feel very comfortable. He was very professional and friendly. He worked well with my photographer to get things done. He even stayed an extra half hour to film my thank you speech to my friends and family. He went above and beyond. Fast forward a couple weeks. When we received our wedding video, me and my wife absolutely loved it. Stephan did such a great job helping us recollect our wedding day. My wife watched it so many times already and I was so glad that I chose Stephan him. His service is A++ and would definitely recommend couples to consider his service if your looking for a wedding videographer.

Reviewed on 12/06/2016 Tamra V

Stephan did an excellent job! Neither my husband nor I are comfortable in front of the camera but I didn't even know he was there during the ceremony and he worked so well with our photographer that I felt I had nothing to worry about. I highly recommend his services! He's great... Read More at communication too!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Kory H

Stephan (and crew) were absolutely amazing before, during, and after our wedding. Communication was great in the planning phases, and we met face to face before the wedding to go over any specific shots we may want on our special day. Speaking of, Stephan was so great on our... Read More wedding day! He was a pleasure to have around and ended up getting a ton of incredible shots for our video. The video turned out amazing and absolutely captured the spirit of our wedding! The production value of the video is unmatched with anything else out there for a great price! If I could give 6 stars I would for Stephan and his crew. 6 Star experience from beginning to end.

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 kelsey o

WOW! Stephan and team did such a fantastic job of capturing the spirit of our family and friends that made our day SO special. We could not have asked for a better feature video of our wedding that we can cherish for years to come. We HIGHLY recommend Stephan Boker Films!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Melissa L

Stephan is amazing! We recently received our video and it was so amazing, we've watched the video countless times and it's been less than a week. The film: Simply gorgeous. He was able to capture everything that i felt that day: the people in our wedding, the ambience,... Read More gorgeous weather and location. The entire film told a beautiful and cohesive story of our day Communication & flexibility: Stephan kept us in the loop the entire time on when we should expect to receive our video. We wanted to make some personal changes to the video (e.g., add even more of my mom) and he was able to add that quickly Personality: Since we booked through our amazing wedding planner and we were busy, we didn't get to talk to Stephan until the wedding. No fear, he is very easy to work. We're not used to getting a video of ourselves taken and feel a bit awkward, but he put us at completely at ease

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Kuulei B

Stephan did a phenomenal job creating a beautiful wedding video that captured us as a couple! He was so easy to work with and surprised us with a drone shot of our wedding location--talk about blow away! I highly recommend Stephan for anyone getting married on Maui. Mahalo Nui... Read More Loa Stephan!

Reviewed on 9/03/2016 Scott L

Stephan was AWESOME. He did a fantastic job on our video. This was a surprise vow renewal. Stephan did an excellent job capturing the moments that we will remember for a lifetime. Stephan was very easy to work with. I recommend you give Stephan the creative freedom to... Read More shoot and edit the video. Stephan and I talked early on about this project and then I let him do what he does. His ability to capture the moments and provide an extremely high quality product are amazing. Thanks Stephan for doing an outstanding job on our vow renewal.

2016-09-05T12:57:35 Response from the vendor

So much of what we do depends on the talent that's in front of the camera. Your whole group was so authentic that we just needed to compose a shot, press record and let you take it from there! The love really shown through and... Read Less Read More

Stephan Boeker

Stephan was born in Frankfurt Germany to an Austrian mother and German father. The family emigrated to the New York Metro Area in 1979 and after 21 years there, he made the move to Maui, where he has laid roots with wife Kazuko and child Frida. Hawaii is home and we are so blessed to have the opportunity to be creative and have such an appreciative audience. He would love to get to know your hopes and vision for your personal movie and help decide whether you are the right couple for him to tell your story.