Stephanie Axtell Photography

Wilmington and Eastern Carolinas

Artistic, Classic, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Online Proofing, Photo, Printed Enlargements, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Wedding Albums, Photo + Video

Wilmington, NC Wilmington and Eastern Carolinas (812) 322-7903

Reviewed on 1/05/2018 Rita T

We couldn't have asked for a better team than Stephanie Axtell Photography. We used them for engagement, boudoir and wedding photos. Our wedding was on Bald Head Island, and her team was able to capture the elements that make the island so special and well as my husband's and my... Read More personalities. SA Photography were experts at helping us relax for more candid shots. They also have a way of getting through their entire shot list, while making each session feel as if we're old friends goofing off and taking pictures....and the pictures! WOW! I keep looking through them (over and over again) reliving each moment, and wondering how she made us look so good! We also used SA Photography for video at the wedding and reception. They were able to capture all of the fun, happy moments that we missed. They are a gem and we would gladly use them again!

Reviewed on 8/13/2017 Elena H

Stephanie was absolutely amazing! She was there with me throughout the whole process of my wedding planning and wedding day to document everything. Before the wedding day, we did a boudoir and bridal shoot which were a ton of fun! Stephanie has a great way of getting you at your... Read More best! On our wedding day we worked with her and husband Charles and they were truly a wonderful and professional team! We are so thankful for the wonderful services she offered us and will be certain to use her for anymore of our photography needs!

Reviewed on 5/16/2017 Carolyn D

I was an out of state bride searching for all of my vendors. But once I came across Stephanie, I stopped looking for a photographer. And I'm so glad I did. She is an absolute dream to work with. It took 6 months after our initial email for us to meet in person, but once she met... Read More w my (then) fiancé and me, it was like talking to an old friend. She is so sweet, has the best personality, and does amazing work. By the time my wedding rolled around (march '17), she had begun training her husband to make this a family business. He tagged along with her, and also did an amazing job. Our wedding photos came out like a dream and I couldn't imagine finding anyone else. I highly recommend Stephanie!

Reviewed on 3/26/2017 Daniel L

I was very impressed with Stephanie from the very fist time we met with her. She was very professional during our engagement session and also during our wedding on march 25 2017. She handled her self very well with some of my pusher family members about photos. Me and my wife... Read More were very impressed with her level of professionalism. We were even more impressed with her photos from our engagement session to my wife's bridal session and the wedding photos. We had a blast with her as our photographer and we couldn't of asked for a better one. We will definitely use her for future photography. We highly recommend her!

Reviewed on 12/20/2016 Chuck M

Stephanie was a great choice for our wedding day. She was professional, arrived earlier, and made sure all of my wife's request were honored. And her photos were amazing - we are both very happy with all the images we received. Would recommend her for anyone looking for a... Read More bright, creative, and friendly professional to make their wedding day even better.

Reviewed on 12/02/2016 Kelsey G

Stephanie did an absolutely amazing job on our photos!! Me and my husband have never been able to take a good posed photo but somehow she manage to make us look so natural and in love!! I can not say enough great things about her and her photographs!

Reviewed on 11/23/2016 Megan P

Stephanie was a dream to work with. From the very beginning when I met her until the moment she sent my pictures, she has been nothing but professional and kind. My husband and I were very nervous to be in front of the camera but Stephanie made us feel comfortable and not... Read More pressured. I plan to use her again in the future and think you should too!!!

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Marie G

Stephanie Axtell Photography not only provides stunningly beautiful photos, but provides the best customer service. Having Stephanie as our wedding photographer made our big day all the more special memorable. She comes prepared with great photo ideas and knows how to make the... Read More best of any setting/environment. We had some gusty winds and even encountered a few locals enjoying some afternoon fishing. Stephanie easily made the wind a non-issue and handled the fisherman with delightful professionalism. Not only did we love her but our family and friends are still singing her praises! Stephanie is truly fantastic! I highly recommend her for all of your photography needs!!!

2016-11-03T18:04:27 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for such kind words Marie! I was just talking to my husband about how GOOD those cookies were from the cookie bar, and how much fun I had at your wedding! It's always a special day for me when I get... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Megan D

Stephanie did our videography for our wedding in July and after receiving her very first email after I inquired about her videography services, I knew she was the one I was going to choose. She is the sweetest, most genuine person and has the most amazing talent when it comes to... Read More photography/videography. We spoke for months before the wedding and she really took the time to ask and learn about everything I dreamed of for my wedding video. She also sent video samples and offered great ideas she had to incorporate into it as well, which I appreciated a ton! She is so passionate about her work and made me feel so confident that she would provide an amazing video for us. We received our video recently and I would say I was blown away by it, but that would be an understatement. It was honestly the best wedding video I have ever seen, and I do not say that lightly. She went above and beyond with this and exceeded my expectations more than I thought possible. She put the best footage and added the most perfect music to the background and the end result is just breathtaking. If you are searching for a videographer, trust me, choose Stephanie and you will be so happy you did. Best decision I have made, and I am eternally grateful for her for such a beautiful video that captured the best day of my life ?? thank you Stephanie, we love you!

2016-11-03T09:40:58 Response from the vendor

Ahh! I can't tell you what those kind words mean to me! Your wedding at the airlie gardens was so incredibly beautiful, and you were STUNNING, which just made the videography easy and very enjoyable to capture! Thanks so much for this incredible feedback!!!

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Melynda R

I booked Stephanie to take our engagement photos. Stephanie took beautiful photos while having to balance on a moving sail boat. She was able to capture beautiful images of my small family (my fiancée and the two dogs). She was able to make the dogs look her direction even when... Read More they wanted to just play. As a videographer I knew the light would be a challenge, but she worked with cramped spaces in addition to repositioning for great angles. Overall we all had a lot of fun and smiling photos and many candids. She is a great, professional photographer and would recommend her to do any pictures!

2016-11-03T09:43:00 Response from the vendor

This was by far the most fun I've had during an engagement shoot! I've never been on a sailboat before, so thank you for dealing with my sealegs ;) I cannot wait to get through the rest of your images! You and Victor looked amazing!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Christina M

We couldn't have picked a better photographer for our day thanext Stephanie! She was so sweet and professional, amd fun to work with. Thee looks I wanted..she tried her best to capture..if my kids would've cooperated, lol!! I would recommend her to anyone, and if we have another... Read More big event, we will definitely be calling her!! Thank you so much Stephanie, our pictures are gorgeous!!

2016-11-03T09:41:58 Response from the vendor

It was my pleasure - I hope you and your 7 boys (8 with your husband!!) had an incredible day with tons of fun this year! Thanks for choosing me as your photographer for your big day!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Samantha E

Stunning and beautiful photos! Stephanie was professional and courteous to all of our guests which we had asked her to photograph everyone at the wedding as we consider them all to be family. She went above and beyond catching candid and formal photos of everyone, especially in... Read More a cramped venue. I'm obsessed with the photos of my husband and I and I can't recommend Stephanie enough!

2016-10-25T07:48:15 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for trusting me to be your wedding photographer! I had a lot of fun photographing you and your guests! I hope you have had a great first year of marriage!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Alyssa W

We found Stephanie for our wedding kind of last minute (we owere engaged a month) and she was so easy to work with from payment to flexibility of the ceremony the day of. The images of Joshua and I are the beach are my favorite they are so beautiful. I can't thank her enough for... Read More capturing our day in stunning pictures!

2016-10-25T07:47:07 Response from the vendor

Of course! It was my pleasure to be there for you in a jiff ;)