Wisconsin and Destination Documentary Weddings!

Steve Daubs Studios tells your story honestly, beautifully, and artfully. We love the dramatic, the funny, and the tender moments of a wedding day, and we work to make sure those memories are captured and displayed for you and your family for years to come!

Artistic, Documentary, Lifestyle

Wisconsin, Chicagoland, and beyond (561) 445-5483
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 6/21/2016 Ivana G

I cannot rave ENOUGH about Steve Daubs and his photography !! He shot our wedding in May 2016 and we are absolutely in love with all our pictures. His wife Olga, who is his assistant, is likewise amazing; they both have a distinct eye for art, able to envision the beauty of a... Read More moment and capture it on film. They are experts at catching those "rare moments". We are amazed each time we view our wedding gallery, seeing new aspects within the same photos. The way they capture the atmosphere of the moment is breathtaking, not to mention how hard they hustle to ensure all angles and shots have been covered. Steve is extremely professional and a pleasure to work with. We recommend Steve for any and all your photography needs!!

Reviewed on 8/28/2016 Cheryl T

Steve and Olga were such a pleasure to work with. From our first meeting when we were interviewing photographers, to our wedding day and all communication in between, they were fantastic. We love every single one of our photos and highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Brenda B

Steve and his wife Olga were amazing photographers. They captured so many emotions of the day in their photos. My family was all very impressed. They did some amazing shots of the skyline at sunset. Also, they were very professional and unobtrusive, which was a priority for... Read More me and my husband. We were able to enjoy our day and live in the moment, and Steve captured it all. I would recommend him to anyone!

Creative, Passionate Photographer

Reviewed on 3/23/2015 Marisa A

I hired "Steve Daubs Studios" for my wedding day. I can't say enough good things about this team! With Steve's calm personality and Olga's sweet helpful hand they were just a joy to work with. A few weeks before the event they visited the wedding venue to scout it out. They... Read More also helped find some options for an off-site photo spot in the area. On the day-of the event, they arrived at the location early for setup and started working immediately. Steve worked fast and took advantage of all of his time. As we headed out for pictures to the off-site location there was an approaching dark rain cloud that was looming in the near distance. In my head I was freaking out but nothing stopped Steve from working around any obstacles and doing what needed to be done. Thanks to Steve's calm and laid back attitude, my stress faded away. Steve's creativity and passion throughout the day gave me reassurance knowing I hired the right man for the job. The turn-around time for photos was very fast as well! A highlights page was set up within 48 hours and the digital album was ready within 2 weeks. A USB was sent in the mail as soon as the photos were done. It came with all the source images available and ready for printing. I would 100% recommend "Steve Daubs Studios"! Thank you Steve and Olga!

Artistic Photography at Its Best

Reviewed on 12/15/2014 Alexis R

Steve and Olga both have beautiful spirits and it was a pleasure to work with them. Steve as the Chief Photographer is a master at his craft. He captured the most treasured memories of my daughter’s wedding. The photographs he took are amazing, capturing the passion and... Read More emotion of the Bride & Groom and everyone in attendance. Steve and Olga was patient with our rumbustious crowd and delivered photographs that are so beautiful, that reviewing them is like attending the wedding all over again. We highly recommend this professional team.

Excellent Photographer

Reviewed on 11/16/2014 Beverly D

Steve at Documentary You provided excellent service and high quality photographs. He worked all day to get a ton of shots under some pretty fluid circumstances but he was unflappable and just went with the flow. Our wedding was not very formal but Steve was able to work within... Read More the format we had and get some terrific candid shots. He also spent a great deal of time posing us in some beautiful shots that took advantage of the lovely setting. One of them will become our "big" photograph on the front of our album. Everyone remarked on how good he was, how long he stayed and what great photographs he took. I high recommend Steve and Documentary You photography.

Very Pleased

Reviewed on 11/03/2014 Brianna K

After searching high and low for a photographer who did not charge an arm and a leg, but who also took decent photos, I came across Documentary You. I was first enticed by their portfolio that proved they could take more than a decent photo- beautiful photos! We met with Steve... Read More and his wife, Olga, for an initial consultation and I was so impressed with what he had to show me, that I hired them on the spot. Flash forward to reception day, they were very organized and a lot of fun to work with! We had a blast doing our portrait session with them. As soon as we entered the reception, we hardly even noticed them; they stayed out of everyone's way and still captured incredible photos! Even the other vendors had good things to say about them. I had told them how important it was to me to have the little details captured that I put a lot of time and effort into, and they did just that! When I received my photos, they came in a leatherette box with a beautiful USB inside that makes a wonderful keepsake. Bottom line, this is a great company to work with and you will be thoroughly impressed by their quality of work and personalities.

An Amazing Surprise!

Reviewed on 10/25/2014

In October 2013, Steve and Olga just began their photography business when my daughter and I booked them for her wedding the following year. Since my daughter is a photographer she really loved their images and the composition of their photos. When we met with them, my... Read More daughter and I felt comfortable with their professionalism and friendly domineer. Now that the wedding is over, these images are what we have to remember that day and we are more than HAPPY. They did a phenomenal job. They captured our family’s personality in each photo and most importantly the bride and groom’s. I would recommend Documentary You as your wedding photographer, you will not be disappointed. They are the best! Sincerely, THE MOTHER OF THE BRIDE

Highly recommend to anyone !

Reviewed on 10/23/2014 VENESSA M

I am a photographer and so I’m extremely picky about my images. When looking for a wedding photographer I thought for sure I would just have to settle. Then I met Steve and his wonderful wife Olya. It was like my fairy god photographers descended upon me. I know this sounds like... Read More too much but honestly they were so professional from start to finish. Even the hair makeup and reception venue commented on how they worked. They got all the shots I wanted and even some I forgot about. They were not invasive at all and gently moved people in to position. I was amazed that they did not stop working the whole time we booked them for. Our event has several different lighting situations which can be very tricky for most photographers. They came prepared for it all sun, rain, night and indoor lighting. I was most impressed with how they were able to capture the candid moments the unplanned gems that you can never reshoot. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Absolutely Perfect!

Reviewed on 8/29/2014 Brenna L

If I could rate Steve and Olya higher than perfect, I would. They were kind, non obtrusive, and most of all, extremely talented. Steve helped me decide what would be best for us as a couple and really listened to what we had decided was important and tailored our experience... Read More to us perfectly. Without asking they drove down to near our location hours before the actual wedding to scope out different sites that would make great pictures. As we have shared our photos with our friends and family, we have gotten constant compliments. I have already recommended Documentary You to several coworkers who are planning their weddings and I will continue to do so. I honestly can't thank Steve and Olya enough, they made our special day so much more special because they were able to capture our memories so that we can revisit them forever.

The BEST

Reviewed on 6/26/2014 Krystal W

Not only was Documentary You wonderful to plan with, he was flexible and so informative. Then the wedding day came.....he did more than I expected! Over and beyond on AMAZING pictures capturing every moment! I absolutely LOVED the photographers and I beyond LOVE all my... Read More pictures!!!!!! You MUST book DOCUMENTARY YOU PHOTOGRAPHY

Our Wedding 04/26/2014

Reviewed on 5/21/2014 Adrian F

Steve and his wife from DocumentaryYou photography, did such an amazing job at our wedding and reception ceremony. We were extremely proud with the service they provided and could not have asked for better service for the rate offered. They were very knowledgeable on what needed... Read More to get done and were so kind on top of it. They not only advised us on what would be great shots but also were very open to our own ideas. Steve & his wife were very patient. They were very aware of the stress that is involved with weddings and couldn't have been more supportive and helpful with everything. When we finally received our photograph's, we couldn't stop smiling with the outcome! The pictures turned out AMAZING and the quality even better! They definitely know what they are doing when it comes to taking photograph's and editing them. We could not be happier with the results!!! My wife and I both agree that if we had to obtain photography service for any other occasion we WILL most definitely be returning to DocumentaryYou. We are completely satisfied with the services and professionalism of DocumentaryYou and recommend them for anyone seeking GREAT photographs by a professional and fun loving photographer.

Dynamic Duo!

Reviewed on 5/20/2014 Teresa C

My husband and I are very happy with our decision to use Steve and his wife for our wedding. Prior to our wedding, Steve was very responsive to any questions or concerns that we had. They had gone to visit the venue prior to get some ideas for our big day, even though that was... Read More about a two hour drive for them each way. The day of the wedding, they were very attentive to our requests, as well as very flexible and understanding when things did not go according to plan. Additionally, we received our highlights gallery two days after the wedding and by the time we had returned from our honeymoon we had not only received the link to the final full gallery that we could share with friends and family, but we had also received the photo release along with the flash drive of all of our pictures. Could not have been happier with the service from start to finish! Overall, we were pleased with our pictures. As I mentioned earlier, things did not go according to plan because we were not able to do the first look, which was beyond the control of Steve and his wife, so while I wish we could have had more shots of us together, I understand why we do not. Additionally, we did shots with each table and we have some shots that have empty chairs, but again, I really blame this on the fact that we were rushing these so that we could get to some of the other things we had planned. Steve made it a point to make sure we were relaxed and stayed later than he had to in order to get some of the shots we had requested, instead of interrupting us throughout the reception. I can't stress how much that meant to us and how a price tag could not be placed on that peace of mind. If you have an opportunity to use this husband and wife team, do it! You won't be disappointed!

Steve Daubs

Steve and Olga Daubs created Steve Daubs Studios to offer an authentic and relaxed approach to modern wedding photography. They tell the story of your wedding day, and, in the process, showcase the way each individual is unique as they tell your stories. Steve has spent nearly 30 years behind a camera, from his early days in newspaper photography to a passion for capturing the stories of people and places across the world. Steve’s work has appeared in magazines and newspapers across the world, He has also had exhibitions of his documentary and fine art work in Chicago and Milwaukee.