Centerpieces, Bouquets, Flower Alternatives, Flower Arrangements

274 Peak Rd, Stone Ridge, NY (845) 687-8777

Reviewed on 3/17/2017 Samantha B

So many issues. First, they are very expensive in general, but I chose them, because I liked the pictures of the floral designs on their website. I had high hopes for them, however the day of my wedding, they arrived late, and missing one groomsmen boutonniere, which required... Read More them to leave and come back making the whole starting time even later. I also requested flowers for my hair which I never received. They were supposed to decorate an arch with flowers, but it was mostly leaves, and it took so long, they delayed the ceremony by 40 minutes, while all of our guests sat watching them finish setting up the arch. Also, I requested pink and maroon and pale gray flowers, but the there was SO SO much green in the designs, that the DJ thought one of my colors was green, and changed the uplighting of the reception to green(!!!). They were also supposed to provide flowers for the tiers of my wedding cake, but the flowers were so sparse it was embarrassing. Also my mother-in-law's dress was stained by the flowers on her wrist corsage. The only redeeming factor, was that the bouquets were very pretty, even though, as I stated previously, way more green than requested. Honestly, I would not hire them again.

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Marian F

Do yourself a giant favor and hire Steve to do the flowers for your wedding! I've never felt so understood in what I had as my vision, and I truly was vague in my description of what I wanted. Flowers were a huge blindspot for me, and I wasn't even sure I wanted flowers. That... Read More is, until I discovered Steve's work. When I saw pictures of his floral designs, I immediately knew he was the one. He and his wife Melissa were super kind and easy to work with. On the day of, when I first saw my bouquet, I was BLOWN AWAY. It was beyond my wildest dreams. He understood what I wanted, and executed on it perfectly. If you want the most incredible, unique, and beautiful flowers you've ever seen, I highly recommend you go with Steven Bruce Design. Enjoy!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Sandi D

Steve and Melissa were truly a pleasure to work with. They brought the vision we had for our wedding to life. Steve is so much more than your typical florist. We wanted to do something different for our ceremony decorations. We knew right away that Steve and Melissa were the... Read More ones to pull it off. Steve was so enthusiastic and was just as excited about our wedding as we were. My bouquet was absolutely stunning and our centerpieces were perfection. Not only were they great with the decorations they also offered to help anything that we needed for the wedding. They were easy to communicate with. Melissa was always prompt with answering emails. We always enjoyed our chats and visits with Steve. We highly recommend Steve and Melissa if you want a team that is fun to work with that will produce beautiful artwork with flowers!

Reviewed on 6/29/2016 Caitlin J

I used Steven Bruce for my wedding earlier this month and I could not be happier. Steven and his wife Melissa run their business out of their home studio, which we were able to visit a few times during the planning stages of our wedding. Both are extremely passionate about... Read More what they do, and although at times it was hard to keep up due to my overall lack of flower/wedding planning knowledge, they did a great job explaining to me their ideas and recommendations. I was going for a semi-bohemian look but also wanted to keep the flowers feminine and formal. Although I showed Steve and Melissa all of my Pinterest photos before the wedding, I honestly didn’t know what to expect as they order their flowers only a few days before the event so that they can get the most in-season and fresh options. When Steve came walking up to my Bridal Suite on the day of, my jaw literally dropped. He took all of my ideas and combined them into something better than I had ever seen. I would recommend Steve and Melissa to any bride….the process of deciding flowers can be stressful, but the end product will blow you away. And one other thing to note, they were very honest and reasonable about budget and stayed within the budget that we determined in the beginning of the process.

Reviewed on 6/06/2015 Kristen S

Steve and Melissa did our flowers for our 4/18 wedding at Buttermilk Falls Inn. We couldn't be happier with the flowers and Steve and Melissa are just 2 terrific people. We enjoyed all of our visits to plan our wedding day look! They also did our rehearsal flowers which was a... Read More luau themed celebration - WOW amazing - our centerpieces and leis were just breathtaking. It was as if we were in the tropics! We received so many compliments. Steve and Melissa are just great!

Wonderful Experience and Gorgeous Designs

Reviewed on 9/06/2014 erin r

Steve and Melissa did incredible work for our wedding this June. They're also great people and a lot of fun to work with. Our arrangements were more than I could have hoped for (so spot on for what I had envisioned!) and I really think you get a lot for your money with them. I... Read More recommend them to anyone in the NYC/Hudson Valley area!

Unbelievable Event & Floral Designers- Best in New York!

Reviewed on 11/10/2013 elizabeth g

Steve and Melissa from Steven Bruce design are true artists and expert event designers (also super cool people!). To refer to them as florists- just isn't enough! :) Working with Steve and Melissa was an unbelievable experience- we worked very very closely with them for over a... Read More year and the outcome was more than I could have dreamed of. My husband and I really wanted special flowers and a lot of small details- and because of all of the time and effort Melissa and Steve put into our wedding we got even more than what we asked for!! Simply amazing- they went ABOVE and BEYOND on all levels and I strongly recommend using their services for your wedding or event. I am still getting compliments on the flowers at our wedding! They truly are the best in New York!

Frustrating at times but amazing product

Reviewed on 10/23/2013 Amy H

Beautiful work! SBD did an amazing job with the flowers and decoration for our wedding. I loved my bouquet so much. The end product was really an amazing show of exceptional talent. The communication was a bit frustrating from time to time. We would have to drive up there... Read More to meet with them and then sometimes I would leave feeling like we didn’t get much done. It wasn’t too much that you can’t deal with it, and I think it’s definitely worth it for the end product. My communications were always with Melissa, Steve’s wife, and sometimes I was worried about things getting lost along the way. However, everything turned out okay for us.

Beautiful and Unique

Reviewed on 9/21/2013 Marcie B

We were looking for a floral designer who wouldn't just give us the typical wedding flowers, and we definitely found that in Steve and Melissa Bruce. They are the most talented people and really made the whole process so much fun. We really didn't give them much to go on and... Read More they executed the most amazing decor I could ever ask for. I would recommend them to anyone.

Beautiful work!

Reviewed on 11/01/2012 Claire F

I got married in the Catskills in October. While I don't know much about flowers and I could only name a few that I wanted, I liked the work that I had seen by Steven Bruce Designs so I essentially trusted them to follow my very loose vision and ideas. Everything was beautiful.... Read More A loose, rustic elegance that was perfect for the feeling of the event. I would recommend Steven Bruce if you are willing to be flexible and give them the creative control of the flowers. Steven and Melissa are very sweet and professional but they are artists and I sense it would have been a more difficult working relationship if I had insisted on full control over the results. Give them your trust and you will be rewarded.

Steve the Flower Man is the best!

Reviewed on 10/23/2012 Meghan O

I really enjoyed working with Steve and Melissa. They were so helpful and they talked me through several periods of panic during the planning process. My flowers were even more amazing and beautiful then I could have ever imagined. They captured the feel I was going for and... Read More complimented my wedding venue (the Roundhouse at Beacon Falls) perfectly. My biggest regret is that I left for my honeymoon so quickly after the wedding I didn't get to enjoy the beautiful bouquets for days after the wedding! I would 1000% recommend using Steven Bruce Design for your upcoming wedding. I couldn't give them enough accolades.

Crazy perfection

Reviewed on 10/23/2012 Sarah H

I can't recommend Steve and Melissa from Steven Bruce design enough to all of you brides out there!! They did the flowers and decor for my wedding on September 8th 2012 at Bear Mountain, NY. We wanted an over the top colorful carnival theme wedding and they came through on... Read More every level. They went above and beyond to create the wedding of our dreams. Any idea we had, they ran with and made even better than we could have imagined. We mainly worked with Steve and he and his crew worked their butts off to make sure everything went off without a hitch even though there were torrential downpours throughout the day. Any concerns we had before the wedding, they addressed right away to make us as comfortable as we could be. Their professionalism and creativity are unmatched.

Awesome team!

Reviewed on 8/11/2012 Christine K

Steve and Melissa did my brother's wedding and of course came highly recommended. We went for an urban/country theme up in Hudson, NY at a super hip place (Helsinki Hudson). They did a fantastic job of combining color and simplicity. The room spoke for itself with beautiful... Read More high wood beams and clean, rustic light fixtures. They used aqua vintage-style vases that caught the light perfectly. Spots of color everywhere. Best of all, they are kind and person people who really care about each wedding they take on. Very passionate about their work. Highly recommend this duo!

Perfect!

Reviewed on 6/22/2012 Marina T

Steve and Melissa were a pleasure to work with and did an absolutely fantastic job! Everything came out even better than I imagined and everyone was impressed with the arrangements. They captured my vision in a way that I could never have come up with on my own. Thanks guys! I... Read More would recommend Steven Bruce design to anyone planning their wedding!

Sheer Perfection!

Reviewed on 11/07/2011 Tara W

I can't say one bad thing about my experience with Steven Bruce Design. From the initial meeting to the final product, everything was just perfect. Steve and Melissa really listen to what you want and work with your budget to make it exactly how you envision it. Their work is... Read More gorgeous and everyone RAVED about the bouquets, centerpieces, and decor. They truly want you to have the best possible wedding day you can and they do everything in their power to make sure you achieve it. I'm so glad we chose to work with them, not only because of their extraordinary work (seriously - the flowers are STUNNING!), but because we got to meet two wonderful people in the process. Don't hesitate to choose them for your wedding - you won't be sorry you did.

Creativity & Flexibility

Reviewed on 11/01/2011 Alexandra S

From the very beginning Steve & Melissa were wonderful to work with. They catered to my tastes and preferences and were able to help me define the vision I had for my wedding. Not only were they able to create beautiful and unique floral designs, but they were willing to work... Read More within my budget to create something perfectly suited to my style and venue. The final result was truly a work of art. Rarely do you meet two people so passionate and energized by their work. I recommend them to anyone who'd like their event to be nothing less than the best!

A Perfect Relationship

Reviewed on 11/01/2011 Barbara B

As mother of the bride, I wanted to be somewhat involved in the selection of a "florist," especially since my husband and I would ultimately be paying the bill. I told my daughter to do some research and then include me in a meeting with the person she was interested in using... Read More to provide the flowers for her wedding. Within minutes of meeting Steven, I realized that floral design is an art form unto itself and oh so much more than just the "provision of flowers." Steven listened carefully, asked probing questions, and gradually zeroed in on the exact look my daughter wanted to achieve -- that of a forest floor. Over the course of several meetings, careful attention was paid to color, texture, style, whimsy, and much more. My only concern was that we weren't paying enough money to achieve the look we were hoping for, but Steven assured us he could create a beautiful decor within our budget. And he did! We could not have been more pleased with the final result. Both Steven and Melissa were fun, efficient, and easy to work with and the floral designs were gorgeous and unusual. They were also unusually fresh and long-lasting. In fact, it is now more than two weeks after the wedding and I still have one of the table centerpeces in my kitchen. I would recommend Steven Bruce Design to anyone looking for a beautifully designed wedding.

perfection

Reviewed on 10/31/2011 mia m

Could not be happier with my experience with Steve and Melissa. Our wedding at Onteora Mountain House on 10/23/11 was spectacular and the flowers, chuppah, centerpieces and overall design/feel of the wedding was perfection. Not only did it have the right balance of rustic and... Read More hip that I was looking for, but Steve brought how own introduction of contrast, pop and color which really brought everything to life. I could not be happier with the end product and would strongly recommend this team to anyone.

Personality and Passion

Reviewed on 10/27/2011 Suzanne D

Working with Steven Bruce Design for our wedding was a trip. They’re a floral team packed with personality and passion for what they do. We had a limited budget but they still gave our wedding the look we were going for. I really appreciated receiving a phone call from Steven... Read More the day before the wedding just to let me know how things were shaping up. They were very professional, fun to work with and experts at their craft. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a floral designer.

Spectacular

Reviewed on 10/24/2011 Christine M

Our wedding reception was at the Bronx Zoo, so we needed a design team that could think outside of the box. We were searching for someone who could do great things with the space, since it is not your typical ballroom. When we finally found Steven Bruce Design, we knew that they... Read More were going to be right for the job. Steve was thoughtful, and really listened to what I wanted for our bouquets, boutonnieres and centerpieces. I can be a very picky and particular person, and Steve and his wife, Melissa, worked with me extensively by creating sample centerpieces and taking many calls and meetings with me to be sure we were going to get things just right on the big day. And SBD definitely came through! The flowers were STUNNING – my bridesmaids and guests could not stop talking about them. I’m also pretty sure that every flower I asked for ended up in my bouquet. So go with Steven Bruce if you want beautifully executed design at your wedding – you won’t regret it!

Amazing, beautiful, stunning, breathtaking

Reviewed on 10/21/2011 Monalie J

I got married September 4th, 2011 in Garrison, NY at The Osborn Castle. The venue itself is already gorgeous but Steve made it that much more. I also had an Indian wedding and Steve provided the garlands required for the ceremony, decorated the mandap and created a truly... Read More inspiring and gorgeous setting for what was already a magical day. Steve's ability to take my vision and create exactly what I wanted was truly unbelievable. On top of everything, he delivered on every request, specifically wanting an Indian Wedding decor. All my family and friends were so impressed and even mentioned they did a better job than traditional Indian Wedding focused vendors. I highly recommend Steven Bruce Design for everyone but especially for someone that wants a unique setting with a personal and cultural/ethnic touch. Thank you so much Steve and Melissa! You truly made my wedding a day I will never forget.

Amazing!!!

Reviewed on 10/20/2011 Allison B

I used Steven Bruce Design for the floral design for my wedding last June, and their designs were amazing! I had a limited budget for my wedding, but the floral arrangements were still gorgeous! I was also able to keep my bouquet and it continued to flower for a week after the... Read More wedding. Steve and Melissa were very knowledgable and full of great ideas. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a creative and beautiful floral design for their wedding.

guests are still talking about....

Reviewed on 10/19/2011 Erin H

My gorgeous unique centerpieces, my ridiculously amazing escort card table that was more than what I had hoped for, my beyond beautiful bouquet AND my simply perfect bridesmaid bouquets! Steven Bruce Design helped my dream wedding become a reality. They really understood my... Read More vision and took it to a place I could have never imagined! Professional, fun, unique - just perfect! I would recommend this company to any couple getting married in the NY/Hudson Valley region.

Steven Bruce Designs Rocks!

Reviewed on 10/18/2011 Jennifer M

Steve and Melissa brought our dream to life on our wedding day! My husband and I were inspired by our love for Tim Burton, Alice in Wonderland, and heavy metal music. Most peope struggle to get this, but not Steve and Melissa. They listened to us and really captured who we... Read More were. Without them, the atmosphere in the room would not have been the same. Their designs are unique and amazing! Thank you Steven Bruce Designs! You guys rock!!!!!!!!

The most magical flowers ever!

Reviewed on 10/17/2011 Nicole P

Choosing Steven Bruce Design to do the flowers/decor for our wedding this past September for was hands down the best decision we could have ever made. Both Steven and Melissa were such a pleasure to work with, their energy, creativity and passion for their work truly comes to... Read More life through their creations. The flowers for our wedding beyond exceeded any expectation that we had, they were absolutely magical. Every single guest commented on the decor elements and exquisite details that Steven Bruce design created for our wedding. We would recommend Steven Bruce Design to anyone looking for out-of-this-world creative talent, and one-of-a-kind unique floral designs. THANK YOU SBD!