Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Vintage

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Film Photography, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Janet R

I would give Steven an 10/5 if I could!!! My husband and I are beyond blown away by how wonderful the entire experience was, the photos are beautiful, were delivered in an extremely reasonable amount of time, and working with Steven and his brother on the wedding day was great!... Read More They were both patient and thoughtful and helped us keep moving forward when our timeline was shortened due to a shuttle bus arriving late. They came up with great solutions to get the shots we wanted! We couldn't be more thrilled with the results, and highly recommend Steven Dray to anyone who wants timeless photos that capture not just how the day looked but the emotion and joy of the day as well!

2017-10-13T18:05:07 Response from the vendor

This is such an awesome review! Thank YOU. I am truly honored and humbled by your feedback. I will gladly accept a 10 out of 5 star review. ;)

Reviewed on 9/29/2017 Bethany P

AMAZING. Our pictures capture everything from our day and they are gorgeous! The day went so fast and we felt like we missed a good chunk of the action trying to see and talk to everyone. Steven's pictures capture the details of the venue, our portraits and family portraits and... Read More most importantly our guests. I looked through our pictures and felt like I was reliving the day and seeing all the parts I missed. His attention to the artistic details and capturing the people that made our wedding day the best day made the experience incredible. Not to mention we felt like he and his brother were guests at our wedding, so incredibly professional and wonderful people. I cannot rave enough about working with Steve and you are CRAZY not to hire him for your wedding or any other life event. Thank you Steven Dray Images for everything :)

2017-09-29T15:03:01 Response from the vendor

This is the sweetest and the BEST! Thank you so much for the kind review. I love your photos as well! It is truly an honor to work with couples like you.

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 Melissa K

I can't say enough great things about Steven. He was so fantastic from the start to finish of our engagement and wedding. He was so at ease the entire time, and his go with the flow attitude was exactly what I needed. The day of the wedding, weather and a shuttle mishap threw me... Read More for a loop - he didn't bat an eye. All of these things are amazing, but only come second to his talent. We have only received a sneak peak of our wedding photos, but if they are anything like our engagement shots or the photos he displays on his instagram, we will be insanely pleased. I couldn't have been happier with our choice to go with Steven. Do yourselves a favor and book with him.

2017-09-19T17:16:12 Response from the vendor

Melissa! What a kind review :) I had a blast working with you (and your pup!) I wish you both nothing but the best!!

Reviewed on 9/16/2017 Nicole M

From the moment we viewed Dray's online portfolio we knew we needed to book him for our wedding at Phipps Conservatory. His style is unique and his eye for composition is unsurpassed. He thinks outside the box - no cliché pictures that you saw in your friends’ wedding albums.... Read More What was even better than Dray's photos was his calm and cool personality that made us feel so at ease from our very first conversation. It was like chatting up an old friend. If you want specific shots, he's open and accommodating, but you can rest assured that leaving it entirely up to his planning and creativity will leave you amazed. For me, photographs are the most important detail of a wedding because once all is said and done, the pictures remain as the most vivid reminder of your day. I couldn't be more pleased that we chose Dray to document every detail. I feel like we made a friend to whom we can turn to capture every special event in our lives from here on out.

2017-09-16T12:47:47 Response from the vendor

Wow! Thank you so much. I really am flattered by your words. I loved capturing your wedding at Phipps!! I can't wait to work with you again soon :)

Reviewed on 9/10/2017 Doug K

Steve was our wedding photographer for our J.Verno Studios wedding, and he did an amazing job! From his portfolio we already knew we loved his style, but we were also really impressed at how calm, fun, and easygoing he was. He made my camera-shy husband feel incredibly... Read More comfortable and captured all the little glances and smiles of our wedding day as well as the main shots and poses. We love our photos and would absolutely recommend Steve!

2017-09-11T13:30:45 Response from the vendor

I love that you and Doug were so comfortable, that is definitely a goal of mine with every couple that selects me! :) I can't believe it's been so long since we've hung out. We need to remedy this ASAP. :)

Reviewed on 8/29/2017 Kayla R

If you are reading this review it’s likely that you are engaged, so congrats to you and welcome to the magical world of weddings! I remember searching for our photographer vividly, because this was the most important vendor for our wedding. I interviewed a total of three... Read More photographers and it was easy to see that Steven Dray was a cut above. By now I’m sure you’ve met some vendors who will just eat you up, tell you all the things you want to hear, smile & laugh at all your jokes, as if you’re the most hilarious person in the world, then follow up with you a million times as if you just left the car dealership. That is not Steven Dray. He was genuine and sincere, and not afraid to have a professional opinion that looked out for our best interests, not his. That’s one of the many reasons we choose to work with him. My favorite quality of Steven Dray’s is that he is a photographer because it’s what he loves, and when you find a vendor who loves what they do, it is present in their work. Just being around him shooting, makes you questions your own career, seriously! Our engagement shoot alone was one of the coolest dates we’ve had as a couple ever, such a marvelous adventure, it didn’t feel rushed or limited in time, he was present with us for each and every shot! He even dropped one of his cameras on the ground at one point in our shoot, and rather than it ruining his and our day, he laughed it off and continued to capture amazing shots. The Photos speak for themselves! I really enjoyed the non-digital film shots taken which he sent all the way to Hawaii to be developed with the best quality (like who does that??), and they are worth it! He is extremely talented, and we looked amazing in every single photo he took. Our Wedding! We got married in Heinz Chapel at the University of Pittsburgh, which is actually the number one reason I went with Steven Dray. The Chapel is well known for bad lighting and having an experienced photographers is a must. Steven Dray has shot several times in this location and getting to see some of his previous work there gave us much confidence in him. The day's leading up to the Wedding itself, Steven was willing to meet with us in person for a cup of coffee. As a bride I was EXTREMELY detail oriented and he embraced it, reassuring me person even though that wasn't included or needed he said he knew it would give me peace of mind and didn't charge us for it! Just another example of how caring he is, he truly wants you to have the best day ever. The Reception! Beyond just us, all of our guests were captured. Steven and his brother Aaron took the time to meet our guests and snap individuals and couples throughout the night. Steven even roamed our reception location and would come grab us for some shots outside. This was my favorite, as it turned out to be some of the few moments my husband and I had together that night. Packages, Packages, Package! We had a tight budget but I went all in and cut back on flowers, music and the wedding cake so we could have a photographer present for a whole 12 hours on our big day. We choose package 3 and switched out the album for extra time! I say this with compete sincerity, there are times in life when you meet people who you know are doing what they were destined for in life. I’ve never felt this to be more true than with Steven Dray! If you are considering having him as your photographer, we cannot recommend him enough.

2017-08-29T19:24:58 Response from the vendor

Kayla, I am so thankful I met you and Dustin! It was an honor to capture your wedding. You put so much thought into things and it showed! I can't wait to see you again soon. :)

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Sarah S

The best! Steven did our engagement and wedding photos and we could not be happier. He was such a professional throughout the entire process; he was always timely in responding to us, understood what we were looking for, was fun and relaxed to work with, and, most importantly,... Read More took amazing photos. I would recommend him to anyone!

2017-08-29T13:10:23 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! I so appreciate you taking the time to review me and I am THRILLED that you love your photos so much. Such a special day and I'm honored I was a part of it!

Reviewed on 7/04/2017 Kelly M

AMAZING, AMAZING, AMAZING!!! From the quality of the pictures to his awesome personality, everything with Steven Dray was absolutely terrific! He found the coolest spots and took the best pictures I've ever seen. After our wedding, I had several other brides ask me for his... Read More number because they were so impressed. His style is super unique and hip, with still a traditional vibe. I cannot say enough about how awesome our pics are. Also, not only are his pictures the best I've seen, he is the absolute coolest. He's actually become a friend. It was calming to know that he was there that day because he talked us through everything and we all had a blast. I highly recommend!!!!

2017-08-27T17:48:40 Response from the vendor

Wow! Thank you so much for this stellar review. I loved working with you guys and had a blast capturing your wedding day! :) YOU ARE THE BEST!

Reviewed on 5/09/2017 Alec W

Dray is undoubtedly the best wedding photographer in Pittsburgh. From the beginning, Dray was amazing to work with and we knew his passion for wedding photography would make the wedding. I remain so impressed with Dray. He is about as cool a human as there is, and his... Read More photography is second to none. Dray takes the photos you frame and keep forever. We cannot thank him enough for literally making our pictures say a thousand words!

2017-08-27T17:50:10 Response from the vendor

I am speechless! I had so much fun with you and your families. It is truly my honor to capture all your special memories. Here is to MANY more!

Reviewed on 1/18/2017 Katie K

I'm getting married in my hometown and wanted a local photographer even though I live out of state. Needing to choose a photographer from afar and without the possibility of meeting in person, I relied on portfolios alone. I felt truly overwhelmed until I saw Dray's work...his... Read More photos blew me away and I knew I didn't want anyone else! Dray was incredibly responsive and easy to talk to from the very beginning, even during just the email inquiry process. (He even sent us a Christmas card, despite not yet even meeting in person!) He was flexible and worked to fit us in for an engagement shoot during our very short window of time that we were in Pittsburgh for the holidays. The day that we met, it started to drizzle. He left it up to us: shoot photos that day anyway, or grab a beer instead and reschedule. He promised he could rock it even in the rain, but he knew that some people wouldn't want that. We went for it anyway, and I'm so glad we did! It was a ton of fun. He knew some great spots in the city and we discovered some new ones too. It was very natural and he didn't make us feel awkward at all. He got the photos to us within just a few weeks despite it being right after the holidays, and they're amazing. He was right...he rocked it. I'm a harsh critic of myself in photos, but Dray sent us so many I love. Based on my engagement photo shoot, I can't recommend him enough. I'm looking forward to working with Dray again for my wedding!

Reviewed on 1/14/2017 Laura K

Steven and his work made our wedding. Hands down! He was so great to work with and had such a calm way about him that made him so easy to be around (especially when nerves are running high!). And we have the most beautiful photos to show for it. He has such an artistic eye and... Read More really captured all the best moments. If we were to do it all over again, we would choose him again and again. Book him now!!!!

Reviewed on 12/22/2016 Courtney B

Steven was the absolute best decision we made in planning our wedding. I knew from the first meeting that we were working with an incredibly talented, capable professional. Our engagement pictures brought me to tears and the few photos we've gotten to see from our wedding have... Read More surpassed all of my expectations.

2016-12-23T21:26:41 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! I'm so happy you liked your preview images, I promise the best are yet to come :)

Reviewed on 9/14/2016 Stephanie K

Steve has such a creative eye. His work is very different yet he still captures all of the important moments. He is passionate about what he does, you can feel it and it makes you feel very secure on one of the most important days of your life. You can tell Steve really cares... Read More about his work and his clients. He makes you feel at ease immediately. He is extremely nice and listens to your requests. His brother, Aaron, was his assistant the day of our wedding and he was just as pleasant to be around. They did a wonderful job. My engagement and wedding photos were beautiful! I can't wait to use Steven Dray Images for years to come.

2016-12-23T21:27:26 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much! I loved being a part of your big day and it was my pleasure to capture these moments and memories!

Reviewed on 8/29/2016 Lena T

We are so happy with all of our beautiful photos from our July Kentuck Knob wedding. Steven was so professional and a calming presence in the chaos of our wedding. All of us really appreciate his great direction while he was photographing us. He really made sure we knew how to... Read More pose and try a lot of things to get the perfect shot. His creativity really made our photos special and I feel like he really knows how to capture romance. Truly a five star photographer!

2016-12-23T21:28:06 Response from the vendor

Lena, you ROCK! Thank you for hiring me to capture your wedding. It was so much fun and you were a stunning bride :)

Reviewed on 8/16/2016 Jana T

Steven was as wonderful to work with as his photos are beautiful! When looking for a photographer I went on line to select one according to their style/work. Steven's work was heads and shoulders above the rest, and he did not disappoint. Not only were the photo's lovely and... Read More just want we wanted (natural, not a lot of "canned" shots), he was a delight to work with - he felt like part of the family by the end of the evening. I work in an industry that utilizes photographers, artists etc. I am very selective with whom I use - and I guarantee you Steven will not disappoint.

Reviewed on 8/09/2016 Shelley M

Not only is Steve incredibly talented, but he was an absolute pleasure to work with! From the very first exchange of e-mails and meeting him in person to our engagement session and then our wedding day, it was like we have known him forever! To me, this is such an important... Read More quality when selecting a photographer. Steve is very laid back and just wants you to have fun. Let's just say I never knew we could even laugh that much or that hard until our sessions with him. I will always remember when we first met him his words were "I am not in this to be a business man, but to catch those special moments." This was truly evident in the finished products we received from both our engagement session & wedding day. He was definitely a great decision!! It has almost been a year and I still catch myself flipping through all of the photos on a periodic basis :)

Reviewed on 6/25/2016

From the start we loved Steven's work and knew we had to have him as our photographer as we celebrate our one year anniversary. He picked an amazing place to shoot and made the session feel special and relaxed. He truly captured our love and happiness on our anniversary. We... Read More didn't feel like just another client. His work is amazing and we got our photos back fast! We know for sure who we want to capture our future milestones!

Reviewed on 6/21/2016 Kelsey R

Steven was the first vendor I booked - before I even officially had a venue. I met him for coffee and knew instantly that he was perfect. Not only does he have beautiful pictures, but he is so easy to get along with - which was important for both me and my husband. We used... Read More Steven for both our engagement pictures and the wedding and I can't wait to see the rest of our wedding photos! Steven was able to suggest some really unique places in Oakland to take photos, which I appreciated. He made us, our bridal party, and our guests feel extremely comfortable. I would recommend Steven to anyone - he is crazy talented and also just such a great guy!

Reviewed on 1/26/2016 Catherine T

I absolutely loved Steven's work. I felt totally comfortable around him, he was such a calming presence the entire day. His work is wonderful - AND FAST! He was professional, my wedding party and family loved working with him, and I'm SO happy we chose him to shoot our wedding... Read More day.

Reviewed on 9/25/2015 Ilana S

Absolute perfection. Steve is not only unbelievably talented, but he is also so down to earth and easy to work with. He captured our day so incredibly beautifully, there is literally not a single photo he took that wasn't magical. Five stars just isn't enough!

Reviewed on 8/26/2015 Zachariah Lee K

August 8, 2015 my best friend and I tied the knot. Of course in my biased opinion it was the best day ever! However, most know every detail matters and especially the detail of your photographer. From the moment he first called me I knew Steve would make us comfortable and not... Read More only that, but be a lot of fun to work with. His laid back demeanor kept us comfortable and his wit kept us laughing. That's not even the photos! We received our photos within 2 weeks of the wedding which in my opinion is an amazing turn around time! They didn't just get to us fast, but gorgeous. I knew he would capture the emotion of our day, there was no doubt and thankfully he didn't let us down. Great experience, great photographer, great communicator (always responded timely and thoroughly), perfect images and just overall excellent experience! I highly recommend Steven for your images!

Love the Style!

Reviewed on 10/27/2013 Kathryn B

Steven Dray photographed my brother's wedding and so I asked him to do mine as well! LOVE his style!! Things I loved: He was mine ALL day! Everyone else restricted me to 6 hours... Not forced into stuff I didn't want. (Photo books, etc) Loved having an Engagement Session as... Read More part of the price!