Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Vintage

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Film Photography, Online Proofing, Photo, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Wedding Albums

Pennsylvania and worldwide! (724) 841-5239

Reviewed on 2/06/2018 Lisa S

More like a 10+ Steven did pictures for our 13th anniversary July 3, 2017. He flew to Charleston, SC and made the whole experience so special. He was kind, courteous, professional, and his eye for creative details is like nothing like I have ever seen. I was not feeling happy... Read More with myself and was dreading having pictures of myself at this exact moment in time. But some how, some way, Steven made it magical. We had so much fun walking around downtown capturing our favorite spots and reliving memorable moments. And when we finally got to see the pictures I was floored. The pictures were amazing and I actually liked how I looked in them! I don't know how he did that! I would highly recommend him for any occasion, big or small. You will not be disappointed!

2018-02-09T20:26:08 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much! So happy you were happy with the photos and experience :)

Reviewed on 2/06/2018 Lisa S

More like a 10+ Steven did the wedding pictures for our daughter's wedding July 1, 2017. He flew to Columbia, SC and made the whole experience so special. His photos perfectly captured the spirit of day. He was kind, courteous, professional, and his eye for creative details is... Read More like nothing like I have ever seen. I would highly recommend him for any occasion, big or small. You will not be disappointed!

2018-02-09T20:26:48 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much! It was wonderful working with you and your family!

Reviewed on 1/27/2018 Andrew B

I would recommend Steven Dray to anyone and everyone looking for a photographer! My wife and I hired Steven as our engagement/wedding photographer. I'm not used to having a ton of pictures taken of me, but Steven was able to make my groomsmen and I feel very comfortable... Read More throughout our photos. We had a blast with Steven on our wedding day and our engagement session!

2018-01-27T11:49:48 Response from the vendor

Andrew, thanks so much for taking the time to review me. I loved working with you and the Mrs. :) And of course I love your photos - so glad you do too!

Reviewed on 1/26/2018 Mike F

Wow!!!! We had an amazing experience with Steven! From our engagement photos through our wedding day we couldn't have asked for a more professional, personal, or genuine experience. Steven is so detail orientated, has a great work ethic, and makes the entire process completely... Read More stress free. I would highly recommend Steven to anyone looking to have any photography work done.

2018-01-27T11:50:52 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Michael! Your wedding was so much fun to capture. I appreciate this review VERY much!

Reviewed on 1/18/2018 Lisa S

Perfect in every way. Steven was a gem to work with. Very creative in his ideas and passion in his work.

2018-01-27T11:52:08 Response from the vendor

Thank you SO much! I loved working with you too! :)

Reviewed on 1/18/2018 Lisa S

2018-01-19T09:22:23 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for the feedback, Lisa! You are a gem yourself!

Reviewed on 1/18/2018 katie g

The best!! We honestly couldn't have been more pleased! Neither my husband nor I have ever been big fans of getting our pictures taken so I was a little bit nervous but Steven and his brother Aaron were so laid back that we both felt completely at ease! His photography style... Read More completely captured the overall feeling of our wedding day and he made sure to capture all of the small, intricate details. We could not have been more excited when we got our pictures back! They completely embodied us as a couple and we were so thrilled with how they turned out. We had so many favorites it was hard to narrow down the choices-I never in a million years thought that would happen!! We couldn't have made a better decision and we HIGHLY recommend Steven!!

2018-01-18T19:31:33 Response from the vendor

Katie! Your wedding will always remain in my mind as such a special day! I loved capturing your photos and I am SO happy you both love them. :)

Reviewed on 1/15/2018 Katie W

Steven is THE BEST. We honestly couldn't have asked for a more personable, creative, and all around great-to-work-with photographer. He is incredibly talented and easy to communicate with - especially when planning an out-of-town wedding, like us! We have so many photos of our... Read More engagement and wedding day - not a moment was missed. We would be ecstatic to work with Steven again.

2018-01-15T19:43:13 Response from the vendor

Thank you SO MUCH! What a stellar review. I would be HONORED to work with you both again, Katie! :)

Reviewed on 1/14/2018 Brooke M

Steven was amazing!! 10/10 would recommend using him. He was timely in his initial response when I reached out to him, his rates are very fair, and his work speaks for itself! My husband and I eloped and had a unique type of wedding, and on the day we got married we had a... Read More last-minute change of ceremony time. Steven handled it professionally and happily, and I can not express enough how great his work is. We were so happy with the photos that I already plan on using his services again for maternity photos, baby photos, and family photos :)

2018-01-15T15:09:05 Response from the vendor

You are the best Brooke! I had a great time capturing your elopement. Kinda makes me wish I could go back and elope too! I can't wait to work with you again in the future!

Reviewed on 1/12/2018 Grace L

Steven is an exceptionally talented photographer and a genuinely good person. I am a huge fan of his wedding photography and portraiture; we have worked with Steve primarily on family photos. His warm personality comes through in the beautiful photos he has taken of our family.... Read More I thought it would be tough to wrangle small children, but Steve handles kids like a pro. Our son lost his favorite superhero figure during our shoot, with so many tears that followed -- but you would have never been able to tell just looking at Steve's photos. I give him my highest recommendation! So fun to work with Steve.

2018-01-12T21:04:59 Response from the vendor

Grace, thanks so much for your review! Your family is gorgeous and makes my job easy. Loved capturing those special moments!

Reviewed on 1/12/2018 Maria F

Best decision I made was using Steven Dray as our photographer. We used him for our engagement session and our wedding. So down to earth and comfortable to work with. Will take the most beautiful photos and make you feel like it was so easy! His work is phenomenal. If I could... Read More give 1000000 stars - I would.

2018-01-12T21:06:21 Response from the vendor

Maria thank you so much! :) I loved capturing your engagement and wedding photos. You were a stunning bride. Thank you for trusting me with your big day!

Reviewed on 1/10/2018 Emily B

I highly recommend Steven Dray for any of your photography needs! My husband and I hired him as our wedding and engagement photographer, and we're more than pleased. He is amazingly talented, organized, and very easy to work with. He makes every situation comfortable, and... Read More captures precious moments that other photographers might miss. He is also very knowledgeable about wedding planning in general, and gave us very helpful tips leading up to our wedding day.

2018-01-12T21:08:01 Response from the vendor

Emily! Your wedding day was so fun and special. Thank you for hiring me and making the day perfect. You and Josh are so special. God bless your marriage!

Reviewed on 1/10/2018 Jessica R

Steven was absolutely incredible. He photographed my husband and me two days before our wedding in Bermuda. Despite the harsh lighting and extreme heat, the pictures were PERFECT. He somehow made us look like models in every single photograph and made sure we looked as... Read More flattering as possible in every photo, telling us where to place our hands, legs etc (I still use his tips today!). He also shot some images on film, which made a lot of the pictures really unique. Lastly, he made us feel comfortable the entire time and kept us laughing and smiling. I would confidently reccomend Steven to anyone!

2018-01-12T21:08:57 Response from the vendor

Jessica, I LOVED our session in Bermuda. I don't know what was more beautiful - you guys are the amazing ocean views. Okay, it was you! :) Thanks for working with me!

Reviewed on 1/10/2018 Jessica T

Steven, I have been following your work since I've been engaged. (12/2016)Your work is truly displays a beautiful story. Booking our engagement shoot was fun and easy thanks to you! I love every photo and I am obsessed in sharing with friends and family. Thank you for your... Read More patience and creativity! Steven gets booked fast and because he is amazing! I will definitely refer Steven Dray Images to all of my friends and family. Thank you again!

2018-01-12T21:11:35 Response from the vendor

Jessica, you are the sweetest. I LOVE your passion for life and I am so thankful you found me. Your engagement session was so city chic - glam all the way! Loved working with you. :)

Reviewed on 12/03/2017 Brooke L

We were so pleased with Steven Dray and his brother, Aaron. Not only are they amazing at what they do but amazing people. They have a way of staying on the periphery but still capture everything! Steven photographed every moment and emotion and told a story through his images.... Read More His laid back personality eliminated all stress around taking pictures. They also took great photos of all of our guests and sent them the gallery link if they provided an email address. We absolutely love our wedding photos and are in awe of them. We will cherish them forever. We very highly recommend Steven Dray Images.

2018-01-10T09:53:31 Response from the vendor

Thank you SO very much for taking the time to review me. I loved working with you and am so thrilled you love your photos. I am pretty partial to them myself! :) Blessings to you and your marriage!

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Janet R

I would give Steven an 10/5 if I could!!! My husband and I are beyond blown away by how wonderful the entire experience was, the photos are beautiful, were delivered in an extremely reasonable amount of time, and working with Steven and his brother on the wedding day was great!... Read More They were both patient and thoughtful and helped us keep moving forward when our timeline was shortened due to a shuttle bus arriving late. They came up with great solutions to get the shots we wanted! We couldn't be more thrilled with the results, and highly recommend Steven Dray to anyone who wants timeless photos that capture not just how the day looked but the emotion and joy of the day as well!

2017-10-13T18:05:07 Response from the vendor

This is such an awesome review! Thank YOU. I am truly honored and humbled by your feedback. I will gladly accept a 10 out of 5 star review. ;)

Reviewed on 9/29/2017 Bethany P

AMAZING. Our pictures capture everything from our day and they are gorgeous! The day went so fast and we felt like we missed a good chunk of the action trying to see and talk to everyone. Steven's pictures capture the details of the venue, our portraits and family portraits and... Read More most importantly our guests. I looked through our pictures and felt like I was reliving the day and seeing all the parts I missed. His attention to the artistic details and capturing the people that made our wedding day the best day made the experience incredible. Not to mention we felt like he and his brother were guests at our wedding, so incredibly professional and wonderful people. I cannot rave enough about working with Steve and you are CRAZY not to hire him for your wedding or any other life event. Thank you Steven Dray Images for everything :)

2017-09-29T15:03:01 Response from the vendor

This is the sweetest and the BEST! Thank you so much for the kind review. I love your photos as well! It is truly an honor to work with couples like you.

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 Melissa K

I can't say enough great things about Steven. He was so fantastic from the start to finish of our engagement and wedding. He was so at ease the entire time, and his go with the flow attitude was exactly what I needed. The day of the wedding, weather and a shuttle mishap threw me... Read More for a loop - he didn't bat an eye. All of these things are amazing, but only come second to his talent. We have only received a sneak peak of our wedding photos, but if they are anything like our engagement shots or the photos he displays on his instagram, we will be insanely pleased. I couldn't have been happier with our choice to go with Steven. Do yourselves a favor and book with him.

2017-09-19T17:16:12 Response from the vendor

Melissa! What a kind review :) I had a blast working with you (and your pup!) I wish you both nothing but the best!!

Reviewed on 9/16/2017 Nicole M

From the moment we viewed Dray's online portfolio we knew we needed to book him for our wedding at Phipps Conservatory. His style is unique and his eye for composition is unsurpassed. He thinks outside the box - no cliché pictures that you saw in your friends’ wedding albums.... Read More What was even better than Dray's photos was his calm and cool personality that made us feel so at ease from our very first conversation. It was like chatting up an old friend. If you want specific shots, he's open and accommodating, but you can rest assured that leaving it entirely up to his planning and creativity will leave you amazed. For me, photographs are the most important detail of a wedding because once all is said and done, the pictures remain as the most vivid reminder of your day. I couldn't be more pleased that we chose Dray to document every detail. I feel like we made a friend to whom we can turn to capture every special event in our lives from here on out.

2017-09-16T12:47:47 Response from the vendor

Wow! Thank you so much. I really am flattered by your words. I loved capturing your wedding at Phipps!! I can't wait to work with you again soon :)

Reviewed on 9/10/2017 Doug K

Steve was our wedding photographer for our J.Verno Studios wedding, and he did an amazing job! From his portfolio we already knew we loved his style, but we were also really impressed at how calm, fun, and easygoing he was. He made my camera-shy husband feel incredibly... Read More comfortable and captured all the little glances and smiles of our wedding day as well as the main shots and poses. We love our photos and would absolutely recommend Steve!

2017-09-11T13:30:45 Response from the vendor

I love that you and Doug were so comfortable, that is definitely a goal of mine with every couple that selects me! :) I can't believe it's been so long since we've hung out. We need to remedy this ASAP. :)

Reviewed on 8/29/2017 Kayla R

If you are reading this review it’s likely that you are engaged, so congrats to you and welcome to the magical world of weddings! I remember searching for our photographer vividly, because this was the most important vendor for our wedding. I interviewed a total of three... Read More photographers and it was easy to see that Steven Dray was a cut above. By now I’m sure you’ve met some vendors who will just eat you up, tell you all the things you want to hear, smile & laugh at all your jokes, as if you’re the most hilarious person in the world, then follow up with you a million times as if you just left the car dealership. That is not Steven Dray. He was genuine and sincere, and not afraid to have a professional opinion that looked out for our best interests, not his. That’s one of the many reasons we choose to work with him. My favorite quality of Steven Dray’s is that he is a photographer because it’s what he loves, and when you find a vendor who loves what they do, it is present in their work. Just being around him shooting, makes you questions your own career, seriously! Our engagement shoot alone was one of the coolest dates we’ve had as a couple ever, such a marvelous adventure, it didn’t feel rushed or limited in time, he was present with us for each and every shot! He even dropped one of his cameras on the ground at one point in our shoot, and rather than it ruining his and our day, he laughed it off and continued to capture amazing shots. The Photos speak for themselves! I really enjoyed the non-digital film shots taken which he sent all the way to Hawaii to be developed with the best quality (like who does that??), and they are worth it! He is extremely talented, and we looked amazing in every single photo he took. Our Wedding! We got married in Heinz Chapel at the University of Pittsburgh, which is actually the number one reason I went with Steven Dray. The Chapel is well known for bad lighting and having an experienced photographers is a must. Steven Dray has shot several times in this location and getting to see some of his previous work there gave us much confidence in him. The day's leading up to the Wedding itself, Steven was willing to meet with us in person for a cup of coffee. As a bride I was EXTREMELY detail oriented and he embraced it, reassuring me person even though that wasn't included or needed he said he knew it would give me peace of mind and didn't charge us for it! Just another example of how caring he is, he truly wants you to have the best day ever. The Reception! Beyond just us, all of our guests were captured. Steven and his brother Aaron took the time to meet our guests and snap individuals and couples throughout the night. Steven even roamed our reception location and would come grab us for some shots outside. This was my favorite, as it turned out to be some of the few moments my husband and I had together that night. Packages, Packages, Package! We had a tight budget but I went all in and cut back on flowers, music and the wedding cake so we could have a photographer present for a whole 12 hours on our big day. We choose package 3 and switched out the album for extra time! I say this with compete sincerity, there are times in life when you meet people who you know are doing what they were destined for in life. I’ve never felt this to be more true than with Steven Dray! If you are considering having him as your photographer, we cannot recommend him enough.

2017-08-29T19:24:58 Response from the vendor

Kayla, I am so thankful I met you and Dustin! It was an honor to capture your wedding. You put so much thought into things and it showed! I can't wait to see you again soon. :)

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Sarah S

The best! Steven did our engagement and wedding photos and we could not be happier. He was such a professional throughout the entire process; he was always timely in responding to us, understood what we were looking for, was fun and relaxed to work with, and, most importantly,... Read More took amazing photos. I would recommend him to anyone!

2017-08-29T13:10:23 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! I so appreciate you taking the time to review me and I am THRILLED that you love your photos so much. Such a special day and I'm honored I was a part of it!

Reviewed on 7/04/2017 Kelly M

AMAZING, AMAZING, AMAZING!!! From the quality of the pictures to his awesome personality, everything with Steven Dray was absolutely terrific! He found the coolest spots and took the best pictures I've ever seen. After our wedding, I had several other brides ask me for his... Read More number because they were so impressed. His style is super unique and hip, with still a traditional vibe. I cannot say enough about how awesome our pics are. Also, not only are his pictures the best I've seen, he is the absolute coolest. He's actually become a friend. It was calming to know that he was there that day because he talked us through everything and we all had a blast. I highly recommend!!!!

2017-08-27T17:48:40 Response from the vendor

Wow! Thank you so much for this stellar review. I loved working with you guys and had a blast capturing your wedding day! :) YOU ARE THE BEST!

Reviewed on 5/09/2017 Alec W

Dray is undoubtedly the best wedding photographer in Pittsburgh. From the beginning, Dray was amazing to work with and we knew his passion for wedding photography would make the wedding. I remain so impressed with Dray. He is about as cool a human as there is, and his... Read More photography is second to none. Dray takes the photos you frame and keep forever. We cannot thank him enough for literally making our pictures say a thousand words!

2017-08-27T17:50:10 Response from the vendor

I am speechless! I had so much fun with you and your families. It is truly my honor to capture all your special memories. Here is to MANY more!

Reviewed on 1/18/2017 Katie K

I'm getting married in my hometown and wanted a local photographer even though I live out of state. Needing to choose a photographer from afar and without the possibility of meeting in person, I relied on portfolios alone. I felt truly overwhelmed until I saw Dray's work...his... Read More photos blew me away and I knew I didn't want anyone else! Dray was incredibly responsive and easy to talk to from the very beginning, even during just the email inquiry process. (He even sent us a Christmas card, despite not yet even meeting in person!) He was flexible and worked to fit us in for an engagement shoot during our very short window of time that we were in Pittsburgh for the holidays. The day that we met, it started to drizzle. He left it up to us: shoot photos that day anyway, or grab a beer instead and reschedule. He promised he could rock it even in the rain, but he knew that some people wouldn't want that. We went for it anyway, and I'm so glad we did! It was a ton of fun. He knew some great spots in the city and we discovered some new ones too. It was very natural and he didn't make us feel awkward at all. He got the photos to us within just a few weeks despite it being right after the holidays, and they're amazing. He was right...he rocked it. I'm a harsh critic of myself in photos, but Dray sent us so many I love. Based on my engagement photo shoot, I can't recommend him enough. I'm looking forward to working with Dray again for my wedding! Update, post-wedding: Our pictures are AWESOME and there are SO MANY of them!!!! I'm so pleased. Steven even had a present waiting for us at home when we got back from the honeymoon, incorporating one of the photos from the wedding. I couldn't recommend him highly enough!