Stillwater Public Library

Stillwater, MN

The Stillwater Public Library offers a unique and breathtaking setting for weddings, rehearsal dinners and bridal showers. You and your guests will experience spectacular views of downtown Stillwater and the beautiful St. Croix River from our exclusive rooftop terrace. Contact us today for more info

$ – Inexpensive

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Waterfront, Library, Museum, Historic Venue

224 Third Street North, Stillwater, MN

Beautiful, Unique Venue

Reviewed on 9/13/2014 Amber M

Our wedding reception at the Stillwater Public Library was beautiful, and we were so happy to be able to hold our event there. We worked with Anne throughout the planning process and she was very helpful. The rooftop terrace is beautiful and unique, and our guests loved the... Read More space and the amazing view of Stillwater and the St. Croix River. Luckily for us, the weather that day was perfect, but there is an indoor space that is available in case of rain. We also had a portion of the terrace rooftop covered with a tent, which is a great option for sunny and/or windy days. We would definitely recommend checking out the Stillwater Public Library!

Beautiful Venue.....

Reviewed on 6/03/2015 Nicole K

Ideally I would give them a 3 1/2 star rating if it was applicable. The venue itself is very beautiful and there is ample parking for a decently large wedding. We had our ceremony at this site with about 80 guests attending. It was raining so they called a few hour before the... Read More ceremony to confirm outdoor or indoor setup which I appreciated, due to the rain our ceremony ran slightly behind schedule. We did not want to take pictures before the ceremony and could not really take any outside pictures after the ceremony due to the rain, so we decided to take a few pictures indoors which we were told right from the start would be ok, but as we were taking pictures the event coordinator for the Library seemed rather upset that we wanted to take pictures inside. She also did not to let people in and out of the building. When we were getting ready to leave she began snapping at people to clean up certain item we were already in the process of cleaning. I later found out she was snapping at my husband and his groomsman before the ceremony about not being able to use the sound system in the rain and not wanting to bring it out. All together I think this is a very pretty venue but beware of what is promised to you I guess because I feel like we were told we could have things a certain way beforehand but it did not really seem that way on the day we were getting married, I generally liked everything about this venue except feeling unwelcome after my ceremony even though I was still within the time limits that we paid for.

Amazing Location!

Reviewed on 10/27/2014 Erica J

We absolutely LOVED having our wedding reception at the Stillwater Library! Working with Anne was so great and she made the process easy and fun. The venue is so beautiful and we received so many great comments from our guests about the location. It was a truly wonderful day and... Read More this location is top-notch!

The View is worth the price!!

Reviewed on 11/09/2012 Selina O

We held our ceremony at the library, on the rooftop. We knew the view would be great, but when I walked down the aisle and saw the set up and that view, I was in total awe. It was fantastic!! We paid a healthy chunk of change to rent the library, but the view on our big day was... Read More priceless!! The library has nice white chairs that they set up, and a pergula on the roof, which was great for photos. The coordinator at the library, Anne, was very nice and helpful. She answered all of our questions and handled all of the vendors the day of the event so we were able to relax. The drawback of the library is the cost. The rental fee itself was a bit steep. There was a charge per chair for set up, but it did include the use of an indoor room in case of bad weather...however, if we had actually had to use the room there would have been a small fee to set up the chairs in that room as well. We did have the use of a meeting room for all of the bridal party to use, which was great. The library also has a coffee shop on the third floor, which was awesome. We met with the owner, and decided to rent the coffee shop for an hour before and after the wedding so our guests could purchase drinks, etc. That was great! Obviously outdoor receptions are seasonal in MN, but if considering a spring, summer, or fall wedding, I would definitely recommend the Stillwater Library!

Wedding venue

Reviewed on 8/29/2012 Sarah T

The location and scenery and overall atmosphere was beautiful! Absolutely gorgeous!

Fantastic spot!

Reviewed on 8/13/2012 Lindsey N

We had our June wedding here and received so many compliments on the venue! After getting past the music over by 10pm issue and decided to just conduct the dance indoors, we had a blast. The flow was easy, it was great to have our guests stay in Stillwater and experience the... Read More quaint town, and Anne was so great to work with! You'll pay extra for the tables and chairs, but it was convenient. You slso need to decide whether to add a tent (recommend Omega Tents) which adds extra cost, but I highly recommend this location!

Hidden Gem - Outdoor Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 11/07/2011 Lindsay B

We came across the Stillwater Public Library when we were actually in the city looking at another venue. Because they are a non-profit library they do very little advertising, so I call it our hidden gem. Anne the coordinator is great to work with and the view can't be beat. The... Read More flexibility to choose any licensed caterer was a huge decision point for us. Moving on to the cons: If you are looking to use the rooftop terrace for your dance, it's important to know that all music must be done by 10pm due to a noise ordinance in the city. They are also very concerned about the music volume. We were disappointed that this made for an early end to our big night. Also, be prepared for some outrageous tent prices. We were only able to find one rental company in the state that was willing to provide a tent at the venue, and because they have a monopoly on the service they charge and arm and a leg. Keep that in mind when you get excited about the low venue cost.

Reviewed on 10/14/2010 Crystal A

I thoroughly enjoyed working with Anne, the events coordinator, at the library. She was interested and engaged throughout the entire time we planned our wedding with the library. Additionally, she was very quick to respond to any questions or concerns. The library was very cost... Read More effective, as it helped us remain within our budget of $7000.00.

Reviewed on 9/28/2010 Meghan W