Stillwater River Boats, Grand Banquet Hall, Lowell Inn

Stillwater, MN

Book Your Wedding with Stillwater River Boats, Grand Banquet Hall, Lowell Inn

A BALLROOM IN STILLWATER, MN

Located in beautiful Stillwater, Minnesota, Stillwater River Boats, The Grand Banquet Hall and Lowell Inn invite couples to explore a selection of venues designed to create a memorable wedding experience. From an elegant riverboat paddling slowly down the river to historic downtown reception venues, the Stillwater River Boats, The Grand Banquet Hall and Lowell Inn share the beauty of natural Minnesota.

The Majestic Star is a 100-foot yacht designed to seat up to 300 guests for a grand cruise reception complete with a glittering dance floor, three climate-controlled decks for outdoor weddings and a large bar area for entertainment. Catering is included in the wedding packages along with dressing areas.

The Avalon is a grand riverboat with a traditional paddle wheel and seating for up to 600 guests at a plated dinner. A huge dance floor and grand bar space invite plenty of partying while the outdoor decks provide space for a ceremony or cocktail hour under the stars.

The Empress is a replica of an 1890s paddle wheeler with stained glass windows and a traditional tin ceiling. Seating 225 guests, The Empress provides indoor and outdoor space for wedding ceremonies and receptions. Climate-controlled interior decks make dancing a breeze and the third-level viewing deck shares wonderful views of the city.

The Showboat is the exciting party boat of the Stillwater River Boats fleet with seating for 150 guests. Two giant paddle wheels send the Showboat down the river with gorgeous stained glass and two large bar areas. Indoor and outdoor space means dancing under the stars or enjoying the air conditioning are both an option.

The Jubilee II is a large riverboat with space for 150 guests in a second-deck dance floor and climate-controlled party room. A large roof deck provides spectacular views of the water and other passing boats.

The Anastasia s a smaller paddle wheeler with seating for 75 guests in a second deck open-air room that provides excellent views of the river. Indoor seating is available. This boat is the ideal size for a small wedding or cocktail reception.

The Lowell Inn s an on-shore partner with five indoor venues for weddings with up to 200 guests. The Lowell Inn's banquet areas provide high ceilings with elegant chandeliers, hardwood floors and a historic decor that celebrates the heart of Dixie. Outdoor patios and full-service catering are wonderful perks when choosing Lowell Inn.

The Grand Banquet Hall with its unforgettable stained glass windows, hardwood floors and elegant chandeliers is an indoor reception or wedding facility for 300 guests. Located near the docking area for the Stillwater River Boats, The Grand Banquet Hall is an ideal destination for a reception following an onboard wedding ceremony.

The Stillwater River Boats, The Grand Banquet Hall and Lowell Inn provide a variety of reception and ceremony spaces including the Stillwater River Boats that cruise the St. Croix River. Outside catering is not allowed on the riverboats, but a full catering menu is provided for weddings and receptions. The Stillwater River Boats travel the rivers on weekdays and weekends with rental time starting at four hours. .

Lodging with 35 room is provided at the Lowell Inn. A complete catering menu and bar service are available through the onshore Lowell Inn and The Grand Banquet Hall.

The variety of nearby event venues is definitely a perk when it comes to weddings. In addition:

• They are close to lodging and restaurants
  • Most offer spectacular views of the city

Do you want a dream wedding in Stillwater, MN.?

We offer the Stillwater River Boats, the Grand Banquet Hall and the Lowell Inn for our couples who wish to plan a dream wedding in a historical river town. Our beautiful venues will accommodate weddings from 25, up to 600 people. You receive excellent attention and professional service with our Event Coordinators. Close to the Twin Cities, our venues offer top of the line amenities, with a magical setting for your to achieve a "dream wedding." We will offer you free estimates, along with a tour of any facility by appointment year round. Congratulations! The Dream Wedding Event Coordinators NOW BOOKING FOR 2017!

Ballroom, Waterfront, Cruise, Museum, Historic Venue, Hotel, Restaurant

525 S. Main Street, Stillwater, MN (651) 430-1234

Reviewed on 8/22/2016 Megan S

The St Croix Boat and Packet Co. is a perfect venue if you want an all in one! We were able to have our ceremony on the top deck, dinner in the middle, and danced the night away on the first level!! The event staff were awesome and extremely helpful with our guests and us,... Read More whether it was something needing to be packed away, a place to hide the bride, or a helping hand down the stairs, they were there front and forward with a smile! As someone who's worked in the industry, I had high expectations and they were all met! Karina, Amy, Captain Tim, and the whole team were phenomenal! Thank you all and see you soon!!! Love, The Stephenson's 8/19/2016

2016-10-06T13:49:18 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much for this wonderful review! Congratulations to you both! -St. Croix Boats

Show Boat Wedding

Reviewed on 8/12/2014 Christa K

We had our ceremony and reception on the Andiamo Show Boat. It was amazing! The boat was beautiful, and the crew was very helpful from the beginning of our planning all the way through our big day. We had a catered dinner (done by St. Croix Boat & Packet) that was outstanding!... Read More By far the best catered food we have ever had!! To top it all of we had a gorgeous evening (4 hours) to cruise on the St. Croix river with all our guests. Everyone had a great time, and we made many lasting memories!! Our wedding night we stayed at the Lowell Inn, it was beautiful, our room was elegant and the staff was great!

St. Croix Boat & Packet Co.

Reviewed on 7/02/2014 Shannon F

We used the Majestic Star from St. Croix Boat & Packet Co. as our wedding venue, and could not have been happier from start to finish. It is a well-run business with happy customers. They made the whole process easy, responded very quickly to questions, and were happy to give us... Read More several tours of the boat throughout the planning process. Their food was superb and every single member of the staff that we encountered was friendly and did a great job. We are happy customers!

Reviewed on 9/24/2017 Cindy W

I highly recommend the St. Croix Boat & Packet. It is the perfect way to get you're ceremony, meal, and reception all at the same place. The scenery is spectacular and everyone enjoyed themselves. The staff was wonderful. I was surprised at how smooth everything went. Thank you... Read More so much to everyone who worked at giving my husband and I the perfect wedding.

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Justin A

Our wedding was elegant and perfect! Thank you so much to the crew and office staff. From the first contact a year and 2 months before our wedding to when the very last guest got off the boat, everyone was very friendly, attentive and helpful. Our guest raved about how fantastic... Read More the wedding was and how unique and beautiful the boat was. We were on the Showboat the evening of Oct 8th, 2016. They are well prepared and knew how to make your event go smoothly and this allowed us to be able to enjoy our wedding. We had an issue with the mic and sound system on the boat. It was confusing to use and the staff was even confused with it. Just a bit more training for the staff would take care of this quickly. Even though we had that minor issue, I would highly recommend using this vendor. Oh and the food was the talk of the night also. Thanks again guys for making our event perfect. You truly are a class act!! Justin & Robert

2016-10-12T09:22:19 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much Justin and Robert! We also wished to tell you two that you were a pleasure to work with as well, from beginning to end. We will ensure to have the staff be more helpful with the sound system. (we should... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 R B

Two thumbs down at best. My husband and I had a beautiful wedding on the Majestic Star NO thanks to st croix boats and packet and their event planning crew. They were terrible to work with. Poor communication and hidden fees gallore. The crew that served our meal was very... Read More unprofessional. They came up to me multiple times to ask questions in the middle of our speeches and dinner even though I gave them a detailed list of what went where AND contact info of someone to ask questions who is not the bride. Even worse, they did not honor our contract which asked for only 1 hour of open bar... they left the hosted tab open all night! We called to ask them to honor our contract after we found out after our honemoon and ask them tk pay us back and they said they couldnt do anything about it because they dont keep a record of the drinks they serve on open tab and then hung up the phone on us. We are still out at least $1k. Although the boats are beautiful, the food was not impressive and over priced and the lack of service from the St Croix Boats and Packet company was not worth it. I really wish this were not the case because we were so excited to get married on a boat.

Reception at Lowell Inn banquet hall

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Annie K

Absolutely fantastic! Good prices and beautiful venue! Leigha was a dream to work with, very organized and helpful, quick to answer any questions I had. I would highly recommend this for both ceremony and reception!

Ceremony at the Lowell Inn (Stillwater)

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Annie K

We had our reception and ceremony at the historic hotel, the Lowell Inn in Stillwater, MN. The ceremony was in the courtyard and it was gorgeous. The layout is different (not a typical aisle up the middle) as we were standing more on a level above the "audience". The people at... Read More the Lowell Inn were very helpful setting up the courtyard and being very accommodating. I would highly recommend this if you have a smaller group. There is only seating for ~100 in the courtyard.

Mediocre, but got the job done just fine

Reviewed on 11/05/2014 Nikki R

I got married in September in the Lowell Inn Banquet Center. I reserved the hall and the patio, and chose the basic dinner package at 17.95 a head. When I went in for a tasting, they charged me $25 a head, which I wasn't told about ahead of time, and the food was not great. I... Read More had brunch there before and it was fantastic, but the tasting for my wedding food was sub par. They said they had lost their head chef recently, which scared me a bit. I read a lot of bad reviews, and some short good ones, so I kept plugging ahead. The food ended up being slightly better at the wedding, but not much. Guests complained about dry chicken, and I concur. How bad is that when you hear a guest complain? Ugh. I paid for wine and beer and non alcoholic drinks, and they charged my grandma for a soda. They told me to order extra wine because they would cork it and give me the extra, and when I asked for it they said they couldn't, because they don't do off-sale. I asked if I could sample their cake, and they said no. When I asked why, they said it was because its all the same and I already know what chocolate and vanilla cake taste like, so there would be no need to try it. I bought Kowalski's cake for my wedding (OMG BEST IDEA EVER) and the serving staff commented to my mother that they had never seen someone get store-bought cake before, but then I discovered they don't even bake their own cakes, they buy them at Sam's Club! The servers also were telling people it was a different kind of cake than it really was (its was champagne not lemon) which is not terrible but annoying. The bartenders threatened to throw out my ring bearer because he was moving and stacking the cushions on the lounge couches. I understand that its annoying, don't get me wrong. But he's three! He can't ruin your couch by moving cushions. My hotel room for the night before was a problem too. They said it was reserved, but not paid for. Don't know who to blame for that, it could be on my end but my mom and I swore that we paid cash for it the day we did the tasting. I also paid them the remaining balance in cash and received a receipt saying I had paid nothing, and I'm glad I checked it before I left. Also, the carpet in the Banquet Hall sucks, the art is weird (the owner apparently has eclectic tastes that he thinks works with turn of the century decor). They have no coordinator, which I was worried about but didn't need to be. The staff I worked with was enough to plan my wedding. We didn't sleep at all after the ceremony. Our room looked nice but we couldn't fall asleep on the bed (odd considering the effort it takes to get married, party all night, and consummate). The jacuzzi in our room was cool, but I wouldn't get a room there ever again. The price is just bad for how dumpy it is. This place USED to be nice and prestigious. Now its run-down and poorly managed. Everything is "policy" and they can't accommodate you AT ALL. So I bit the bullet and paid the stupid little fees (because that is what wedding planning is) and I had a good time. I would have had a better time if I had my wedding elsewhere. That said, our families are not super wealthy or judgemental and said it was a nice wedding. But when they did complain, it was all about the venue. Big fail Lowell. I expected more from you. If you are a bride looking for a super cheap place that looks nicer than it is, go here. It did the job, just expect to have to work hard and make concessions.

Meh...

Reviewed on 10/07/2014 Katie J

They quality of the boat is nice. However, the staff was not friendly nor helpful. You don't have much time to set your venue up. (You only have about an hour to do EVERYTHING!) Also, there are other weddings going on in the same area, so you have to share the space with them as... Read More well. Unprofessional to say the least...

Majestic Star Yacht

Reviewed on 9/11/2014 Katie H

Absolutely LOVED having my reception on the Majestic Star in Stillwater and I had many people comment that it was the most fun they have had at a wedding. The view is amazing the whole time you are cursing down the river. The food is good and affordable but the drinks are a... Read More little on the higher end. Tara was a great coordinator to work with. Any time we had a question, that same week we were able to go there and have everything answered.

Lowell Inn Wedding

Reviewed on 8/21/2014 Amanda P

Alex (Lowell Inn staff member) was easy to work with and eager to please. He clearly works hard to make your vision a reality. The venue was lovely. We took pictures outside the main entrance of the Lowell Inn. We also used the lovely Garden Room and the Patio. The food... Read More was excellent and enjoyable for our guests. We requested the "Deluxe Hors d'oeuvres" package with an additional cheese display.

Receptin

Reviewed on 12/12/2013 brittany m

The planning was a little un-organzied but when they day came it went perfect. Beautiful victorian hotel and the food was delicious!

beautiful location

Reviewed on 11/01/2013 Amanda l

The lowell inn is truly a beautiful and vintage venue but the service and staff were rude and very unhelpful. I had guests of my wedding complain multiple times about how rude the staff was when they booked their room and when they checked in. I had personal experiences with... Read More some of the front office staff that were frustrating and unsettling...especially when planning your wedding. I hope they can fix this so that it can be an all around wonderful venue. On the upside the food was wonderful, the staff during dinner was great, the inn is walking distance to almost anything guests would need, and this venue is very reasonably priced.

Perfect!

Reviewed on 9/11/2013 Nicole A

We had our wedding reception at the Lowell Inn Banquet Center and it was wonderful! We worked mainly with Leigha, who was wonderful and helped us along the way with room layout and was able to answer any questions that we had. We did the buffet which was great - plenty of food... Read More and even provided wait staff to clear plates, etc. which we weren't expecting but was wonderful! All of the staff were wonderful and everything was as perfect as it could be. We also rented the patio for the evening which was wonderful though disappointing that it closed at 10pm; but well worth the mere $100 to rent it for the evening. I highly recommend having your reception at the Lowell, it was everything we could dream of.

Great place for our wedding

Reviewed on 7/07/2013 Maggie H

The staff was helpful with answering any questions that I had prior to the wedding and helping with details for the reception. We came in for a taste test to choose our food and loved all the food. The day of the wedding, the fish was a little saltier than the taste test, but... Read More otherwise it was exactly what we wanted. There was an event earlier in the day on our wedding day, so we couldn't get into the hall until 3:00 to decorate. This wasn't a problem for us because we had relatives that could go in to decorate, but you should check this beforehand so you can prepare. The banquet hall and patio were a unique venue, and the Inn is unique- we really enjoyed staying there.

Awesome!

Reviewed on 11/09/2012 Selina O

Our reception was fantastic! Alex at the Lowell Inn was particularly helpful, met with us several times to go over details, etc. The wait staff were awesome! The service at dinner was right on time and my husband and I were extremely impressed with how fast dinner was served and... Read More picked up. There was no delay between dinner and cake, which kept the evening flowing smoothly. The food and cake was absolutely delicious, our guests were raving! Our head table had to be moved off the dance floor after dinner. The staff were great, handled all of our decorations with care...even insisted on carrying my big "BRIDE" bag and shoes over to a new table for me. The accomodations at the hotel are great, too. The hotel is very historic and absolutely beautiful! We rented the honeymoon suite the night of our wedding. All I can say is I wish we would've stayed more than one night! The room was big, with a huge bed and the hot tub felt fantastic after a long day on our feet! I highly recommend the brunch at the Lowell Inn!! The food at the brunch was absolutely fabulous!My husband and I reserved the Garden Room to open gifts with out families. The room was beautiful! We ended up having more guests than expected, and the staff were more than happy to set up additional tables. I can't say enough great things about the Lowell! I would highly recommend taking a tour for anyone searching for a wedding venue. Very affordable and the staff are just great!

Beautiful and Unique Reception Location!

Reviewed on 10/24/2012 Sarah K

We held our wedding reception on the Majestic Star, a 4-story luxury yacht on the St. Croix River in Stillwater, MN. It was so wonderful! We spent 4 hours on the river, lined with beautiful fall-colored trees. The food was great and the venue was unique and beautiful. Our guests... Read More loved it! The best part was all of the options for the guests. If they wanted to get away from the music and dancing, there was a quite lounge level with a big-screen TV, leather couches, and a grand piano. If they needed some air or to cool off, they could go to the open-air 4th floor. It was just beautiful and the captains were fantastic. We highly recommend this boat!

Beautiful Historic Inn

Reviewed on 9/11/2012 Misty K

My husband and I stayed here on our wedding night. It is beautiful inside and out and provided a great backdrop for pictures. It is within walking distance of downtown Stillwater. We chose the Lowell for its charm, convenience,and value.

Mostly Great

Reviewed on 7/13/2012 Natasha A

This venue is stunningly beautiful: From the carpet to the backlit stained glass artwork to the attached atrium, you get an excellent value for booking the grand banquet hall. If you are looking for a decorations-optional space, this is it! In the space, there is a lounge... Read More area, restrooms, gorgeous chandeliers, modern artwork, lots of electrical outlets, a large wall mounted screen, and a ceiling mounted projector. The parking garage is attached, so your guests don't walk very far and for a 1% fee, you can comp their parking costs. The only issue I had was dealing with a woman named Judy. Several times she gave me not only conflicting directives over the year that we dealt with her, but completely opposite directives. First there was not a cake cutting fee, then there was. First we could absolutely not enter the space before 4 pm or there would be monetary penalties, then it was not a problem. There was an agreement to place our cake in their kitchen's refrigerator at check-in time on Friday, then when I called ahead to tell them we were on our way with the cake in the trunk of our car on a very hot day, suddenly they wanted us to wait a few hours to bring it in. In the end, everything was worked out to my and my groom's satisfaction; mostly in part to a wonderful man named Alex. He solved all the problems and confusion that Judy created and went above and beyond the call of duty (even staying late on our wedding day to talk to us in person) that everything was going smoothly. He is a consumate professional and the Lowell Inn is extremely fortunate to have him on staff. Regarding the food, I have eaten Easter brunch at the Lowell in several times and have eaten at their first floor restaurant a handful of times. In these instances, the food was always high quality. The service in the restaurant can be painfully slow, but that is due mostly to the very friendly staff who loves to talk to all of their guests. The wedding food was just okay. We opted for the plated dinner - salad first, then a plate of beef, chicken, mashed potatoes, and asparagus. The sauce for the meat and potatoes was a bit odd, but the biggest problem was the beef. It was cooked medium rare and when I asked for it to be well done, they brought me another steak medium rare. I didn't have time to ask for yet another steak, so I just ate what I had, which was fine. Overall, I would say that after my extensive research of nearly a dozen venues in the Twin Cities are I am certain that you will not find a better value for your money than the Lowell Inn's Banqeuet Hall. I recommend you pre-taste the food and only work with Alex, not Judy.

Lowell Inn

Reviewed on 6/27/2012 Rebecca R

The service was less than stellar. Very disorganized and no main contact for questions. Very little accomodations were made, and a lot of what we wanted for our wedding (i.e. hosted sodas, hosted beer) were belittled by the manager. Food was great, however servers were slow to... Read More replenish. Beautiful, beautiful facility.

On the Boat

Reviewed on 7/05/2011 Amber V

The boat was a beautiful setting. However, we had finalized things with them almost two weeks before the wedding and the staff on the boat that day didn't seem to know what we had wanted. When we asked for certain items (i.e. podium for the minister, table for the sand ceremony,... Read More etc), the staff were very accomodating in getting those items for us. There was definetly a lack of communication between the head office and the boat staff. The first hour was frantic and we felt that the things we requested should have been done before we boarded the boat. Overall, we had a fun time. However, we would not use their services again.

Wow, I don't even know where to begin....

Reviewed on 7/02/2011 Jessica W

I would NOT recommend this venue to anyone unless you want a completely hectic wedding location. Here are just soem of the issues I dealt with by having my wedding there: 1. Computer systems- lost my reservation for the Honeymoon suite the night of the wedding! Booked it for... Read More someone else, they resolved it, but really? They lost my guests room reservations, and they sent new confirmation emails out with a higher rate then before! Watch your contracts and do the math yourself...as I caught incorrect math and they were charging me extra in places... 2. They do not have a wedding cordinatior. They are not ready to handle weddings. I met first with the owner, she made empy promises that got me to rent the space. Later they told me it would all cost money. Every time I would come to meet, we would have someone new to meet with. The owner even snuck out when she knew we were there. My Aunt chased her down the street and she was completely rude! THAT IS HOW BAD IT WAS! A couple more examples are: We were told we could have the patio by the owner for no additional charge, later had to pay for it. Another example, the owner told us we could come in and decorate all day, then later they told us we could only get in at 4pm (when I was walking down the aisle). Unless I wanted to pay another $1000 for a room rental! So, I had to hire a weedding cordinator! 3. Customer service- Is awful, even the day of the wedding, I, the bride, was getting attitude from the owner who was working the front desk. Some of the waiters at the wedding were great, but one barteneder acutally yelled at my friend to pay him when she was telling me congrats. The pluses are their food is great. Jeannie, the chef and Alex at the front desk are both great, and deserve a THANK YOU for their awesomeness! But, I wished I went somewhere else

Majestic Star Yacht

Reviewed on 5/30/2011 Adrienne M

We had our wedding on the Majestic Star and it was so unbelievable and beautiful! It rained on our day, but that didn't stop anything, the ceremony was on the third deck and easily fit our 150 guests, and the river surrounding us was beautiful regardless of the weather. The... Read More staff was so wonderful, the crew (captains) were spectacular. We couldn't have pictured a better day! Thank you Amy, Bobby and Mike!!

Review for St. Croix Yacht Club

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Kelly L

Warm and cozy atmosphere perfect setup for the reception.

Meet The Director of Sales

Karina&Amy

What is your dream and vision for the experience of a lifetime? Let us help you! We offer you time and attention with over 20 years of wedding experience. Our hopes are to help you find your style and surpass your dreams for an event never to forget! We offer year round tours of our venues by appointment. Congratulations!