Book Your Wedding with Stirling Guest Hotel

Stirling Guest Hotel in Reading, Pennsylvania, invites couples to experience all the grace and refinement that are intertwined with this distinctive wedding venue. Located in Reading's Centre Park Historic District, this restored mansion dates back to 1892. The venue has a variety of event spaces throughout the estate, both indoors and outdoors. Your wedding ceremony and reception will be unforgettable at Stirling Guest Hotel.

The entire venue. If desired, you can reserve the entire venue for your wedding day celebration. The first floor of the mansion is typically used for indoor events. Your ceremony and reception can flow flawlessly throughout the rooms of the home. You can also choose a spot on the grounds for your event.

Just the grounds. If an open-air venue is better suited to your desires, the Stirling Guest Hotel also provides the grounds for a tented event. Woods and gardens offer plentiful spots for an intimate ceremony or first-look photos.

Whether you want a small, intimate gathering or an expansive gala event, the wedding experts at Stirling Guest Hotel can help make it happen. The venue has created wedding packages based on the day you choose for your event.

Saturday weddings include the entire estate for the entire day and night. When you choose this day for your wedding, you will have your choice of event spaces for your ceremony and reception. You also have full use of all 15 suites on the upper floor of the mansion for you and up to 34 guests to spend the night. Breakfast will be served on Sunday morning.

Friday and Sunday weddings include full use of the entire estate for the duration of the event. You can plan your ceremony and reception wherever you wish on the grounds or in the mansion. You also have overnight accommodations in one guest room. You can reserve additional guest rooms if you wish.

At the Stirling Guest Hotel, you need to bring your own alcohol to serve your guests. The venue has a bar package that includes bartending, glassware, mixers and garnishes.

In-house catering provides all of the delectable reception fare for your event. The head chef will create menus with varying styles and themes to suit your desires. For your reception menu, the plated dinner includes your choice of two hors d’oeuvres, one appetizer, one salad, two entrées and a dessert course. A buffet is also available with entrée options such as broiled salmon filet and tender tips of beef. Another popular reception option is the barbecue buffet, which includes delicious casual menu items.

The event coordinators at Stirling Guest House work tirelessly to ensure that every wedding event that happens at the mansion is orchestrated with sophistication and charm. The staff welcomes your special requests. Some amenities are available with an upgrade fee, such as arranging a rehearsal dinner prior to your event.

Historical Elegance, Impeccable Service

Our restored 1892 mansion with carriage house is situated in the Centre Park Historic District of Reading, Pennsylvania.Stirling Guest Hotel features extraordinary architecture and beautiful furnishings. The breathtaking main floor of the mansion is perfect for many special events, such as wedding receptions, showers, family gatherings and business retreats.

Hotel, Mansion + Estate

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering

1120 Centre Ave, Reading, PA (610) 373-1522

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Ariel M

I have absolutely nothing but great things to say about this venue. TJ and Peter are amazing and the place is stunning! I had a 1920s themed wedding there and it was perfect. TJ gladly answered all of my questions before and during the event. The price was very reasonable for... Read More this type of event and the best part was that it was "my mansion for the day." The food is some of the best I've ever eaten aswell. If you need an event venue or are looking for somewhere to stay overnight look no further! I would love to stay there again in the future.

A Perfect Wedding

Reviewed on 5/06/2015 Emily B

My husband and I just had the most outstanding wedding at the Stirling Guest Hotel. It was a perfect May day. Our ceremony was outside and all the trees and flowers on the grounds were in bloom making the air smell amazing. The mansion is so impressive and such a character to... Read More its own. I love that many of the furnishings are original to the house (lanterns from 1920's China for example and the crystal chandeliers in almost every room). We had a vintage-inspired wedding and the setting could not have been more perfect. And let me stop for a second to gush a bit about the delicious food. My husband and I wanted something that was really us - and that meant a breakfast inspired meal for dinner. Chef Ron was up to the challenge and we had an amazing menu. We got so many compliments on the food (mini-monte cristo's, bacon wrapped sweet potatoes, and an amazing mashed potato bar). The staff was so sweet and brought my husband and me each a plate so we could actually enjoy our food without having to sacrifice any time with our guests. One of the best things about the Stirling is that at the end of the evening, our bridal party was able to stay the night with us (in incredible rooms I may add). We stayed up late singing songs around the baby grand piano and enjoying each others' company. TJ and the rest of the Stirling staff gave us such an amazing day. TJ was easy to work with and very happy to answer all of our questions in the months and weeks ahead of the wedding. If you are even considering getting married in a mansion, do take the time to visit the Stirling (it's just a fun tour in and of itself). The grounds are so gorgeous, the Mansion is stunning, the service is outstanding, and the price is very reasonable especially given that you get to stay there. Five stars and then some.

Reviewed on 1/06/2018 Andy V

TJ and his staff went above and beyond to make us feel at home and yet make the entire weekend a spectacular event! The venue is stunning and wonderful, the food is delicious and plentiful, and the people are simply marvelous!

Reviewed on 1/05/2018 Ayesha R

My experience with TJ at Stirling was nothing short of perfection! This venue offers a lot of beautiful and unique options at a very reasonable price! TJ was very helpful throughout my wedding planning process as well as the day of. We were even able to change our guest count... Read More last minute and weren’t charged for people who couldn’t make it. Everything was great, and the wedding was very memorable. The food is excellent and the venue is gorgeous for pictures. I couldn’t have picked a better venue for my dream wedding! I highly recommend this place!

Reviewed on 12/10/2017 Jessalyn C

We got married here in October and I can not even put into words how amazing the Stirling is. When we started looking for wedding venues, the only thing we knew was that we did not want a country club wedding. The second we stepped foot into the mansion and met TJ, we knew that... Read More we didn't want to look anywhere else. TJ was absolutely amazing in helping to plan the event. TJ, Peter, and all of the staff was excellent through executing the event itself. Food is outstanding. Guest rooms are beautiful. The mansion itself makes for the most gorgeous photos. When you have a Saturday wedding here, the entire mansion is yours for the night. We were able to continue partying after the event was over as if it was our own home and wake up to a wonderful breakfast with our closest family and friends the next morning. Our day was more perfect than we ever could have imagined. We plan to continue going to chefs tastings here every November to celebrate our anniversary. If you are searching for wedding venues make sure to check this place out. Highly, highly recommend.

Reviewed on 7/21/2017 Katrina S

My husband and I were married at the Stirling on a Friday in June 2017. We reserved the whole place, which we really liked. It was great to have all of our family and closest friends stay over in the unique mansion. TJ was excellent with all of our requests and questions. The... Read More day went as planned and everyone raved about the food and service. We were so glad that we chose the Stirling for our day. It also is a great setting for other events or private parties.

Reviewed on 10/23/2015

First, your photographer will love this place...this venue provides amazing settings for your wedding photos. Second, the food is fantastic. Third, (as father of the bride), compared to other venues, you get a lot more for the money-especially if you have out of town guests.... Read More Fourth, the staff is excellent and very accommodating to the needs of hosts and guests. Finally, I sent both daughters and husbands there for a Valentines Day dinner, and, nine months later, had a granddaughter. No guarantees, however.

Reviewed on 8/18/2015

Cannot provide enough positive feedback about this venue! Our day was amazing and perfect thanks to the Stirling Guest Hotel. TJ and Peter offer attention to detail that is second to none. In the months and weeks prior to our wedding, I would call and text TJ with all sorts of... Read More questions, thoughts, ideas, and either a) the Stirling already had it covered or b) TJ said "Sure, we can do that!" Their attention to detail was outstanding. The grounds and venue are breathtaking, the accommodations for our out of town guests were spectacular. The chef's menu was gourmet; our guests raved about the food, from hors d'oeuvres to dinner and dessert, to our brunch the next morning--amazing. The service and staff were friendly and perfect. I couldn't imagine a more perfect place for our day. Cannot offer a higher recommendation without hesitation for the Stirling Guest Hotel. Thank you so much! Steve & Pam, July 18, 2015

Reviewed on 7/16/2015

My husband and I had our wedding at the Stirling in May, and it was absolutely wonderful. We had our ceremony outside on the steps and our reception in the mansion. We also had our rehearsal dinner there the night before, which was outside near the pool area. This was nice... Read More because it was still a beautiful setting, but was separate from the mansion area that we used for the wedding. We had a Saturday wedding, so we were able to book all 15 rooms for the night. This was really convenient, as our wedding party and close family members were able to stay at the venue for the night and a delicious breakfast was served the next morning. The venue itself is beautiful and elegant. The artwork, furniture, and other details are so exquisite that we felt the need to do very minimal decorating. It is definitely different from the typical reception hall, which we loved. It created a unique and intimate atmosphere for our big day. The grounds are also gorgeous, making it a perfect place for an outdoor ceremony. Additionally, the entire staff is phenomenal. We worked with TJ to plan the event, and he was very helpful and easy to work with. We were planning the wedding from out of state, and he was so accommodating and just made the whole planning process very easy. The staff was also fantastic. Everyone was very personable, professional, and went above and beyond to ensure that everything went smoothly on the big day. The food was delicious. The rooms were beautiful. The pricing was very reasonable. I cannot say enough good things about this venue. Everything about it was more perfect than I could have imagined, and I have absolutely no complaints. My husband and I will definitely be returning in the future!

Reviewed on 6/02/2015 Gabrielle P

Brad and I just got married here, and we cannot recommend Stirling enough! TJ (the owner/operator) and his staff are attentive, considerate, fun, and consummate professionals. From the moment we met TJ a year ago, he was responsive and helpful with all questions and concerns we... Read More had as we were planning our special day. He even went the extra mile to handle lingering items that were left at the venue after the wedding (vases, cake plate, extra linens, rented chairs, etc.). The venue is beautiful, well maintained, and, in spite of the unseasonably hot weather, provided plenty of room inside and out for all of our guests. The grounds made for amazing photos, from the pool area to the car port, and everyone is STILL raving about how great the food was (dinner and breakfast that was provided the following morning). Overall, an amazing weekend, and we can't thank TJ and the Stirling staff enough for everything they did for us. We will absolutely be back!

Loved Our Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 10/07/2014 Lyndsay B

We held our rehearsal dinner, ceremony, and reception at Stirling and I could not have been more happy with how everything went!! For our rehearsal dinner we went with a BBQ menu and tables set up outside by the pool so that it would be completely different from our wedding... Read More day. The food was amazing and everything went smoothly. The only downside to our wedding day at Stirling was that it rained. We had originally planned to have our ceremony outside on the porch, but it was not to be. Instead we had our ceremony inside with the "aisle" being the staircase down into the main room. Because of the smaller space, some guests unfortunately had to stand and I was a little worried about that. However, I didn't hear any complaints from anyone and it actually made the whole experience so much more intimate. Stirling did a fantastic job of getting that space ready for the ceremony and then seamlessly changing the room over with tables for our reception during cocktail hour. I was really impressed. The food was once again fantastic. Over two weeks after our wedding and we are still getting complimented on the food there and guests asking us if they can just go there to eat. The owners of Stirling were easy to work with and were always responsive when we needed to ask them questions. Additionally, perhaps one of the best things about the place is that with your reception fee, you get all of the 15 rooms to assign to guests for the night of your wedding! The rooms are so ornate and amazingly decorated and it was so nice to be able to share those with some of our closest friends and family. Bonus, there is a breakfast buffet included for anyone who stays over. The only downside some might have is the space limitations. We only had 100 guests and with any more than that having the ceremony inside might not have worked as well as it did. But if you are having, even up to 120 people, really consider Stirling. I would recommend it to anyone.

Dream Wedding on a Dime

Reviewed on 10/11/2012 Vanessa H

We had our rehearsal, ceremony, and reception all at The Stirling. The staff was beyond wonderful! TJ was easy to work with each step of the way. Each guest complemented me on our venue saying how beautiful and picturesque is it is. We did not need any floral... Read More arrangements/decorations for our ceremony because of this. The food was the best food I have ever had! I highly recommend the creme brule as a dessert option. Several guests, my MIL included, said it was the best entree (we had roast of prime rib & salmon)ever. The staff was accommodating and then some! We had our dogs on the grounds with us the entire weekend, and even they were treated like royalty! We looked into having our wedding at Bear Creek; however, our budget would not allow for it. The Stirling, can fit any budget! I like the fact that it is BYOB, so you can really save some money. I was shocked to see that our final tab was about $10,000. I seriously cannot think of a bad thing to say about the place. I cannot recommend this place enough! It truly is a gem tucked away in Reading, PA!

Made my day wonderful!

Reviewed on 9/27/2012 Jessica P

The owners, TJ and Peter, are absolutely amazing! They were helpful, professional, and really knew how to handle a crazy bride (and mother in law). On our wedding day, they made sure everything went smoothly and there weren't any least that I know of! THe venue... Read More itself is absolutely beautiful. It is so unique and different. The food was also amazing. All of my guests comments on how fantastic the menu was. I would highly reccommend this venue to any couple!

Beautiful Mansion for a Bridal Shower or Any event

Reviewed on 8/21/2012 Amy L

My matron of honor, sister, planned the best bridal shower ever at the Stirling. The food was five star, the mansion and ground are gorgeous and my in-laws from philadelphia could not stop talking about this gem in Reading. This would also be the perfect venue for a small to... Read More mid-size wedding. And everyone I have talked to about the Stirling (because I live and work in Reading) rave about the food. (and I mean everyone, I have never heard a bad word about the Stirling)

A Special Venue

Reviewed on 7/12/2012 Melanie D

The Stirling afforded us the most wonderful wedding that far exceeded our expectations. Their professionalism along the way made the planning as easy as possible. At one point on the morning of the wedding when it was pouring rain, my family wasn't cooperating, and my groom... Read More took the wrong exit, I just wanted to take my paper butterflies and go home. There just wasn't enough time to get everything done and the place decorated. After the ceremony, to my amazement, all the little details had been magically taken care of by the staff without my instruction. Our guests still rave about the quality of the food and the fact that every course was served promptly and hot. I can't tell you how personable and accommodating the wait staff was to my groom and I throughout the evening. I honestly don't know why one would go anywhere else to have their wedding!

Stunning Venue and Food

Reviewed on 6/05/2012 Kim E

The Stirling is an absolutely beautiful venue and it was just perfect for us. The fact that we had the whole hotel was amazing. We loved giving the rooms to family and they loved being right on site. The rooms are all different, yet each was immaculate and comfortable. TJ was... Read More fantastic to deal with the entire time I was planning the event. And the food was beyond fantastic. Everyone raved about the food, the venue, the service, everything! I highly recommend the Stirling!

Exceeded My Expectations

Reviewed on 5/13/2012 Naida R

The Stirling Guest Hotel provided a romatic, timeless feel throughout my wedding and stay. The owners of the Stirling catered to every wish that I had and assisted in any and every way possible to make my day special and memorable. From the day I booked my venue to the day of... Read More my wedding T-jay and Peter ensured that everything was not only beautiful but absolutely perfect. I do not want to forget the staff which carried out the wedding and definetly made the event a success, they are absolutely WONDERFUL. Lets talk about the food... Oh my, how wonderful... My guest have consistenly commented on how delicious it was. My husband and I had bunch the day following the wedding and again the food was to dye for and again I can not say how great the customer service was. I would defintely recommend this venue to anyone for any type of event and would definetly use the Stirling again. This venue is absolutely EXCEPTIONAL!!!!

Wedding of my dreams

Reviewed on 11/14/2011 Leah L

We can't say enough about The Stirling and the service that owners TJ and Peter demonstrated during our ceremony and reception. The location is absolutely magical and the package for our Sunday brunch wedding was a perfect fit. Our guests are still raving about the venue and... Read More food. The chef outdid himself.

Reviewed on 9/27/2011 Stephanie M

The Stirling is gorgeous and the staff is extremely helpful.

Review for The Stirling Guest Hotel

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Megan W

It was gorgeous. The grounds were beautiful with many flowers. The mansion itself was breathtaking. I loved everything about it. The food was excellent and the onsite lodging was great.;My only complaint was the Inn keeper, or site manager if you will. He was rude, did not... Read More show up on time. Made me feel inadequate because I wasn't having a $75,000 wedding. Put my wedding on the backburner to prepare for the more elaborate wedding the next day. He made me cry on my wedding day.