Stone Gables Estate - Events with a Purpose

Elizabethtown, PA

Stone Gables Estate - Ironstone Ranch & Star Barn

Stone Gables Estate is the Home of two beautiful venues for you to choose from: Rustic, yet country chic is Ironstone Ranch and its friendly amenities. Featuring a completely renovated 1860’s barn and farmhouse, as well as a mini barn, orchard, miles of trails, woodlands, and photo ops. Pristine artistry is discovered in the neighboring venue of Gothic Revival architecture and The Star Barn Village. Each structure sports a cupola, fleur-de-lis, and spire and resounds like a cathedral in descript. Get married in the gazebo on Liberty Lake, or utilize the Grand Gazebo in St. Michael's Vineyard, Solarium in the Pines or the Victorian Gazebo in the Orchard.

• Outdoor - Covered

Elopement, Interfaith Ceremony, Religious Ceremony, Second Wedding , Vow Renewal Ceremony

Backyard, Farm + Ranch, Barn, Garden, Historic Venue, Tented, Trees, Vineyard

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Tents, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Shuttle Service, Transportation

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100

1 Hollinger Lane, Elizabethtown, PA (717) 902-9791

Reviewed on 4/28/2016 Jocelyn V

I wouldn't have gotten married any where else!! If you live in the Central PA area and haven't checked out the ranch, you have got to! I went to maybe 25 venues all over pa and wasn't impressed with anything I saw until I stepped foot onto the ranch. And even though the ranch is... Read More truly a beauty, I fell in love with the venue mostly because of the staff. Jeremy gave me my tour and helped me throughout the whole process. He's the best! Mark was there during my tour as well. He was very sweet and made lots of accommodation for my wedding which I greatly appreciated! Everyone at the ranch treated my family and I like "family of the ranch". they were very warm and welcoming to everyone (my vendors too). I developed a friendship with the staff, which to me was important because these are the people who will be catering to you on your big day! I rented out the farmhouse for the weekend and I'm so glad I did. It's beautiful and convenient since its on the property already. I didn't have to rush to get ready. When the day of the wedding came everything was EXACTLY how I had pictured it in my head. I got married at the orchid in March which I was worried about at first because March could be cold or rainy, you never know. But the staff assured me if it were to rain or snow we could have the ceremony in a smaller barn (not the same place as the reception). I would have been fine with that because the small barn is beautiful but luckily it was a beautiful day! Some venues charge extra if it rains and they have to change locations, so I was pleased to know the Ranch would change locations for free! The photo loop was beautiful! My pictures came out so beautifully! It's very scenic and there are lots of locations with tons of variety! I am so glad I chose to ride in the carriage. Looks great in pictures and was very romantic. I also loved that Jeremy came out during the photo loop to make sure we had food and drinks! All my guests loved cocktail hour. I loved that they brought out the animals for guests. It's great entertainment for all ages. I was iffy about yard games but my guests loved it so I'm glad that was set up for me. The reception was my favorite part. My day of coordinator (Evon from C & J) was fantastic and made sure everything went as planned. there was tons of time to dance and mingle! My guests are still talking about the wedding. It was the best day of my life so far. Some venues allow you to hire your own catering and I know at first I didn't like the idea that you HAD to go with theirs, but C & J's food exceeded my expectations. They will accommodate to anything you want, and I mean anything. Staff was great and I loved that they emailed me with any little question they may have had to make sure they had correct info at all times. They did the floral and décor as well, which was TO DIE FOR! So don't worry about the food! In my opinion from 1-10 the Ironstone Ranch is a 20! don't get married anywhere else!

Beautiful Ironstone Ranch!

Reviewed on 7/27/2015

I would reccomend Ironstone Ranch to anyone. We had a fabulous experience. Mark helped calm me down when scheduling issues arose and made sure they did everything possible to help me the day of my wedding. The only tricky thing was trying to set up the same day of our wedding,... Read More but with most venues these days you will find that. I fell in love with the purpose and mission for Brittneys Hope. The Ranch was absolutely beautiful and they offer special details like the horse drawn carriage and opening the barn doors for a grand entrance that made our wedding so unique. I had tons of comments on how unique and beautiful our wedding was. I do not have a bad thing to say about this venue and the wonderful people that work there!!

Reviewed on 3/07/2018 Laura W

When we first visited Ironstone, it was a few days following a blizzard and everything was mostly covered by snow, but Mark promised the weather would be perfect for our August 26, 2017 wedding. We laughed, of course, but truer words were never spoken!! Not only was the weather... Read More absolutely perfect, the Ironstone staff and the venue was beyond perfect. We wish we could give more than 5 stars. Every question we asked was answered promptly by Alexis. Every time we were there to visit to make plans, we were treated like family, always giving helpful insight and ideas. I spent the night before the wedding at the Farmhouse with my bridesmaids and we slept with the windows and doors open and woke up to the start of the most day greeted by a gorgeous sunrise! The guys went skeet shooting in the morning and had a blast preparing for the day at the ranch. We highly recommend taking advantage of these options, as they only added to the perfection of the day. The timing of our day went perfectly, thanks to the help of Jeremy and Mark. Throughout the day, Jeremy would check to see if everyone was feeling alright, asking if we needed anything and kept us updated on timing. It was incredibly helpful and calming. We cannot recommend this place enough! Over the past six months, we still have our guests comment on how wonderful Ironstone was and how they'd like to go back - we couldn't agree more! Thank you Ironstone staff for making our beginning perfect!

2018-03-16T13:33:17 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words and we are so happy the day was as perfect as we promised! Congratulations on your wedding and please don't be a stranger and visit us soon!

Reviewed on 1/07/2018 Alli P

My husband and I got married at Ironstone in October 2017. We knew from the moment we stepped foot on the property that it was our place and that our day was going to be a magical. Our actual wedding day topped our wildest dreams. Everything went off without a hitch and the... Read More level of service from Jeremy and the entire team was far greater than we ever expected (even though we always knew it would be great). Jeremy provides a level of calm that is unexplainable. And the team has a way of making you feel so special. As a bride I can easily say I was completely relaxed the entire day. Even when little things popped up outside of Ironstone’s control, C&J and the Ironstone team handled them without missing a beat. It’s been 3 months since our wedding and our guests are still talking about how beautiful everything was. We’ve received endless compliments on how perfect everything was, how great the staff was, how incredible the food was and much more. And I can’t forget the DONKEYS, WOW what a hit they were plus the longhorns and the little pot belly pig – our guests loved the animals and the games. THANK YOU IRONSTONE.

2018-03-16T13:37:10 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to review your wonderful experience. We are so glad that everything turned out perfect for you. You were relaxed on your wedding day and that's how it should be ... as we promise you are in good hands! Congratulations... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/04/2018 Danielle F

If you want the perfect wedding, go for ironstone. Between the beautiful property, the amazingly helpful staff, and the fun animals- it was wonderful. surprisingly affordable considering how gorgeous it was- all of our guests told us it was one of the best weddings they'd been... Read More to and a major part of that was because of how pretty the ranch is. From the first step on the property, we were hooked. if we could live there, we would.

2018-01-05T10:39:06 Response from the vendor

We are so glad you had a lovely wedding day, much deserved! Thank you for taking the time to review your beautiful day, we appreciate it! Congratulations and we hope to see you back at the ranch soon!

Reviewed on 11/20/2017 Madeline N

My new husband and I couldn’t have chose a more perfect venue.... the staff from start to finish were nothing short of amazing!!!!! The reception area, ceremony area, and the house, exceeded all of my expectations. Definitely recommend them!!!

2017-12-12T13:43:12 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and we are so glad our venue exceeded your expectations for your special day! Congratulations again to you and your new husband and we wish you all the best!

Reviewed on 11/17/2017 Barbie D

They were beyond amazing! There are honestly no words to describe just how much we loved the venue and the staff!

2017-12-05T15:17:12 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to review! We are so glad your day exceeded your expectations and you got the perfect day you deserved!

Reviewed on 11/16/2017 Cydni T

Ironstone ranch was truly the perfect wedding venue. From the moment we booked this venue 2 1/2 years ago we knew our day would be special. I never imagined how perfectly it would go. Every staff member was fantastic and was truly there for us. They do so many weddings and yet... Read More for us that day, it felt like it we were the only couple that mattered. We could not recommend a better place to celebrate your wedding day. Jeremy was beyond incredible and I don't think our wedding would have been the same without him. The venue itself is gorgeous but that is all made better by the incredible staff.

Reviewed on 11/08/2017 Jackie S

Absolutely amazing. This group is truly there to make your day everything you want it to be without worries.

2017-11-16T15:18:56 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience! Congratulations again!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Kristin Y

Even though we though the star barn would be further along in the re-construction process then it was, the venue was absolutely beautiful. The staff went above and beyond to make our wedding day amazing. Alexis, Mark and Jeremy were there for us every step of the way during the... Read More planning process and extremely accommodating. Extreme detail and care was taken in every corner of the site from the lake, to the gazebos, potted flowers and beautiful tent with hanging chandeliers where we had our reception. We could not have asked for a better and more gorgeous wedding day. C and J Catering was also very easy to work with and made planning the catering aspect that much easier. Many of our guests commented on how it was the most beautiful wedding and venue they have ever been too. We love the star barn venue and the staff at ironstone ranch and are extremely pleased with how everything turned out. We are very fortunate to have gotten married there!

2017-10-24T13:40:56 Response from the vendor

Thank you for sharing your beautiful wedding day with us! It was a pleasure having you and we thank you for taking the time to review your experience with brides. We are so glad our staff exceeded your expectations and we wish you all the... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Jillian G

We got married here on 10/20/17 and it was absolutely beautiful. The employees were nice and accommodating and all of our guests had a great time. The ranch has everything you could possibly want or need all in one place. If you're looking for an effortlessly beautiful wedding,... Read More look no further. This place is amazing.

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Allyson E

Ironstone Ranch was the first place my then-fiancé and I visited, and nothing else even came close after we saw how beautiful the barn, farmhouse, and property were. We met multiple times with Mark, Jeremy, and Ironstone staff and each time were blown away by how kind and... Read More accommodating they were. We knew our wedding day would be nothing short of perfect with such experienced and caring people in charge, and we weren’t disappointed. I can’t even count how many of our guests made a point to tell us that this was the most beautiful venue they had ever visited, and the horse and carriage for the bride and groom was a favorite for everyone! Our stay on our wedding night at the beautiful (and impeccably kept) farmhouse was the perfect way to end our fairytale. Thank you to everyone at Ironstone for everything they did, and I would absolutely recommend them to ANYONE. Every last concern we had was addressed promptly and professionally and we didn’t have a single hiccup in our plans. Plus, Brittany’s Hope is an incredible foundation and knowing how dedicated they are to the cause is an amazing bonus!

2017-10-24T13:42:10 Response from the vendor

Thank you for such kind words! We very much appreciate you sharing your amazing experience! It was such a pleasure working with you and we are so glad your day exceeded your expectations! All the best to you and your husband!

Reviewed on 10/08/2017 Elizabeth G

We had our wedding at the tent on the Star Barn property in September. Simply put, the venue is brand new and absolutely gorgeous. It is specifically curated to host a 5 star wedding experience. We could not imagine a more perfect venue to hold our 200 guests and would recommend... Read More anyone looking to have a Pennsylvania wedding schedule a tour of the property as soon as possible. Specific special amenities include: A truly special "photo loop" adventure across the property that is a photographers dream. A new private lake house to accommodate bride, groom, wedding party, and family through your day as well as an overnight stay if desired. The tent: We never imagined a tent wedding, but the tent venue is gorgeous with hard floors, large wooden dance floor, and beautiful wooden tables. 2 firepits and property light display which illuminate the entire property at night and amaze your guests It was the perfect day.

2017-10-12T14:54:27 Response from the vendor

What a pleasure having you and we thank you for the beautiful words regarding your experience. We are so glad that everything exceeded your expectations and we thank you for entrusting us with that! All the best to you and your new husband and we... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 Kim M

There are so many wonderful things to say about this venue! First, I love that they are associated with a non-profit! Second, our wedding went off with literally nothing that went wrong. Jeremy and his ranch team made sure that we knew exactly what was going to happen and what... Read More to expect and helped make the day run perfect. Evon and her catering staff made the most amazing food and desserts. Our guests raved about it all! The venue itself was beautiful! It was such a perfect day. Dream come true!

2017-09-26T07:33:59 Response from the vendor

It was such a pleasure working with you over the years planning and we are glad that your day turned out perfect! Congratulations to a wonderful couple and we are honored to have been a part of your special day. Thank you for taking the... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/14/2017 Keith J

Ironstone Ranch is an awesome venue. It's an extremely beautiful place with an accommodating & professional staff. The entire process was enjoyable. We definitely pick the right place. We would recommend that anyone thinking of getting married in the area pay them a visit.... Read More It will be well worth your time. Plus Brittany's Hope is an tremendous cause.

2017-09-15T15:31:03 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us and we agree Brittany's Hope is a tremendous cause - thank you for your generosity! All the best to you in the future!

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Sara R

I can't say enough positive things about this place. The employees go above & beyond to make sure you have the most perfect day. We looked at 1 other venue the night before we checked out Ironstone Ranch. I was beaming with happiness just driving down the drive way. The place is... Read More gorgeous and absolutely immaculate! We were greeted by Mark who gave us our tour. He was so descriptive and thorough with the way he painted our wedding day in my head. He made me cry a few times just envisioning it while walking around! The property is absolutely breathtaking and just so very peaceful. I have never seen anything like it before! Our wedding day was absolutely perfect. Nothing could bring us down - not even the late buses which pushed our schedule back a few minutes. Jeremy helped us during rehearsal and the day of. Jeremy, you are awesome! You helped our day move along so smoothly and you were so easy to work with. I would recommend this venue to anyone. Weddings are not cheap, but I will never regret our day and Ironstone Ranch is a big reason why. The atmosphere is relaxing and chill.. the property is amazing.. the animals are out and about which our guests LOVED. We can't thank everyone at Ironstone Ranch enough for helping us have the most amazing wedding day! Thank you all so much!

2017-09-12T10:51:11 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words! We were honored to have you share your special day with us and it was a pleasure working with you! Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with others. All the best to you... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Lauren A

5 STARS all the way for Ironstone Ranch and their staff. We are very happy with the way our wedding turned out and couldn't have asked for a better venue! Jeremy and his ranch hands made everything run smoothly and knew exactly how to handle everything that was thrown his way! I... Read More would recommend this venue to everyone! Can't wait for all of my beautiful pictures to come back!

2017-09-12T10:52:38 Response from the vendor

We are so glad your day was perfect and that our staff exceeded your expectations for your beautiful wedding day! Thank you for taking a moment to share the experience with other potential brides, it means a lot! Congratulations to you and your husband!

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 Margie H

This is a beautiful setting to have a wedding, It was special in every way. The staff were professional, friendly and so helpful. The food was delicious. Everyone that attended complimented us for such a perfect wedding!! We loved everything about it.

2017-08-29T12:01:36 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to review your wonderful wedding experience with us! What a perfect day it was! Congratulations again and all the best!

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 JohnPaul B

Words can’t describe how incredible this venue was for our wedding. The staff were the friendliest group of people we have ever met! Jeremy and Alexis were incredible to work with from start to end! They literally went out of their way for every small detail - even giving the... Read More maid of honor a tissue during her speech. The venue itself is exceptionally beautiful. The main barn was elegant and classy and warm. The lighting and environment was perfect inside. Our guests felt so comfortable at the reception. We will be coming back to Ironstone for years to come. It is a magical place that is surrounded by beauty. If you are looking for an exceptional venue that is also hidden from busy streets and other buildings - Ironstone is the place to have your wedding. The property makes it feel like it’s just you and your guests. Again, can’t restate how friendly the entire staff was at Ironstone!

2017-07-31T09:27:47 Response from the vendor

It was such an honor having your wedding with us! Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely experience at our property, we truly enjoyed your day with all your closest loved ones. Congratulations again!

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Melissa L

Everything about Ironstone was just perfect. From the staff, to the venue, to the vendors they coordinate with; down to making sure every last detail of our wedding day was PERFECT! The staff is organized and their response time is amazing!! They make the chaos of wedding... Read More planning easier to bear! It was truly our fairy tale wedding! Such an amazing place to get married at. Our guests can not stop raving about It.

2017-07-17T11:56:48 Response from the vendor

It was such a pleasure working with you and your fiance for your wedding. We love how down to earth you both were and it made for a stunning wedding day ... and we thank you for embracing the weather! Congratulations again and we look... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/04/2017 Sarah H

The site is breathtaking for an outdoor or indoor wedding. There are many different places on site to have your wedding and they work with you to find the best spot. There is so much for your guests to explore and kids will love it. The reception tent is beautiful and roomy... Read More inside, with rustic wooden beams and iron chandeliers. The staff are outstanding, professional, and accommodating. They truly helped make my day amazing and run so smoothly. I was not worried about anything the day of my wedding and my guest loved every minute. They coordinate with their caterer and work so well together the food was amazing. I also love the staff's heart to serve they truly care about the details. I loved getting to know them and they were so inviting and really want to get to know you more. I highly recommend this site.

2017-07-10T15:16:28 Response from the vendor

It was such a pleasure working with you and we are so grateful you entrusted us with your day, even though when you booked with us all you saw was mud. It truly was amazing to see how everything transformed and we are so glad... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/25/2017 Alli S

Absolutely exceeded expectation! All of the members of the Ranch team helped with anything we needed and were there for any questions or even just support through the planning and wedding day!

2017-06-27T15:27:48 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to review! We are so glad your day was perfect! Congratulations on your wedding and please come back to visit!

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Linda H

My Daughter was married here June 4, 2017. When we booked this venue we saw only a picture- the site itself was mostly dirt and rocks. I am so glad we took a leap of faith and booked this place! It was fantastic! The grounds were breathtaking! Beautiful photo opportunities. She... Read More was married in the orchard and the reception was in the tent by the lake. It was more than just a tent. It had chandeliers, wood beams, a nice size dance floor. It was bigger than we needed and we loved it. Mark and Jeremy were on walkie talkies and made sure that our every request and need was promptly taken care joyfully. Our guests loved the site! I was so pleased that there was plenty to do to keep our guests entertained while we took pictures. They could wonder the grounds along the lake and along the prayer path; they could play yard games; there were fire pits; renovated farm buildings to see. Plenty of staff around to tend to our guests every need. The horse drawn wagon was a great addition. C&J catering was fantastic! They did a great job with decorating the table and the food was delicious! We did a buffet. The people were going back for seconds and there was plenty of it. I especially loved the Lemon Chicken which was so juice, and my husband loved the pulled pork. We had a variety of pies instead of a cake and they were all great! We gave s'more bags as a favor and our guests used them at the fire pits. The bride and groom spent their first night together in the house on the lake! Better than any five star resort- even a refrigerator with drinks and food. When the guests left and the grounds were closed the happy couple then had the entire property to themselves to roam about and enjoy. Just one more note- I live in California and the bride was going to school in Ohio and the groom was in Colorado. We were all out of state (due to recent moves) and planning this wedding from afar. Everyone on staff was so helpful and so gracious and took into consideration the distance and time change that was an obstacle in planning this wedding. Couldn't have asked for a better experience! Definitely would recommend!

2017-07-10T15:14:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time for such a lovely review. But foremost thank you for taking the "leap of faith" and having the wedding with us! What a perfect day it ended up being! Congratulations on your daughter's wedding and we wish you all... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Janelle H

We couldn't have pictured a more perfect wedding day. If you want to wow your guests this is the place to be. We had beautiful weather and were able to have our ceremony in the apple orchard and arrive on the hitch wagon with our bridal party and parents. It's such an amazing... Read More feeling! Having the farm house to stay in the night before really lets you enjoy your whole wedding weekend! I cant say enough great things about the staff at Ironstone. Mark made me fall in love with the venue during our initial tour, you could feel the love he had for Ironstone. Jeremy did an amazing job making our day run so smoothly. They truly make you feel like your the only person getting married at Ironstone. C&J Catering blew away our guests with our reception and working with them is great as well. Evon is the best and is on top of her game! Just go visit it for yourself, you will fall in love instantly!!

2017-06-07T14:18:08 Response from the vendor

It was our pleasure hosting you and your guests ... and what gorgeous weather you had! Thank you for taking the time to write such kind words and we are thankful that we exceeded your expectations! Congratulations again!

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Janel M

Ironstone Ranch was the absolutely amazing! Everyone on staff was extremely helpful and great to work with. They were always pleasant and responded to e-mails very quickly. They made the planning process a breeze and worked with us every step of the way. On our wedding day, my... Read More husband and I did not worry about a thing. We did not have to deal or worry about one logistical issue and the staff made our day run without a hitch. We got to do exactly what we needed to do on our wedding day: enjoy, relax, and party! Not only is the staff excellent, but the venue is absolutely gorgeous! The grounds are the perfect place to get married. Our wedding day was cloudy and rained off and on, however, the ranch was still beautiful and our pictures turned out perfect! All of our guests absolutely loved the venue and could not stop talking about it the entire night. By far the, best decision we made while wedding planning was choosing to get married at Ironstone Ranch.

2017-05-24T07:31:19 Response from the vendor

Janel - your wedding was perfect and we thank you for choosing us to share it with you! Thank you for taking the time to review us and we wish you and the husband all the best! Congratulations again and we hope to see you... Read Less Read More