Stone Gables Estate - Events with a Purpose

Elizabethtown, PA

Stone Gables Estate - Ironstone Ranch & Star Barn

Stone Gables Estate is the Home of two beautiful venues for you to choose from: Rustic, yet country chic is Ironstone Ranch and its friendly amenities. Featuring a completely renovated 1860’s barn and farmhouse, as well as a mini barn, orchard, miles of trails, woodlands, and photo ops. Pristine artistry is discovered in the neighboring venue of Gothic Revival architecture and The Star Barn Village. Each structure sports a cupola, fleur-de-lis, and spire and resounds like a cathedral in descript. Get married in the gazebo on Liberty Lake, or utilize the Grand Gazebo in St. Michael's Vineyard, Solarium in the Pines or the Victorian Gazebo in the Orchard.

• Outdoor - Covered

Backyard, Farm + Ranch, Barn, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Tents, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

1 Hollinger Lane, Elizabethtown, PA (717) 902-9791

Reviewed on 4/28/2016 Jocelyn V

I wouldn't have gotten married any where else!! If you live in the Central PA area and haven't checked out the ranch, you have got to! I went to maybe 25 venues all over pa and wasn't impressed with anything I saw until I stepped foot onto the ranch. And even though the ranch is... Read More truly a beauty, I fell in love with the venue mostly because of the staff. Jeremy gave me my tour and helped me throughout the whole process. He's the best! Mark was there during my tour as well. He was very sweet and made lots of accommodation for my wedding which I greatly appreciated! Everyone at the ranch treated my family and I like "family of the ranch". they were very warm and welcoming to everyone (my vendors too). I developed a friendship with the staff, which to me was important because these are the people who will be catering to you on your big day! I rented out the farmhouse for the weekend and I'm so glad I did. It's beautiful and convenient since its on the property already. I didn't have to rush to get ready. When the day of the wedding came everything was EXACTLY how I had pictured it in my head. I got married at the orchid in March which I was worried about at first because March could be cold or rainy, you never know. But the staff assured me if it were to rain or snow we could have the ceremony in a smaller barn (not the same place as the reception). I would have been fine with that because the small barn is beautiful but luckily it was a beautiful day! Some venues charge extra if it rains and they have to change locations, so I was pleased to know the Ranch would change locations for free! The photo loop was beautiful! My pictures came out so beautifully! It's very scenic and there are lots of locations with tons of variety! I am so glad I chose to ride in the carriage. Looks great in pictures and was very romantic. I also loved that Jeremy came out during the photo loop to make sure we had food and drinks! All my guests loved cocktail hour. I loved that they brought out the animals for guests. It's great entertainment for all ages. I was iffy about yard games but my guests loved it so I'm glad that was set up for me. The reception was my favorite part. My day of coordinator (Evon from C & J) was fantastic and made sure everything went as planned. there was tons of time to dance and mingle! My guests are still talking about the wedding. It was the best day of my life so far. Some venues allow you to hire your own catering and I know at first I didn't like the idea that you HAD to go with theirs, but C & J's food exceeded my expectations. They will accommodate to anything you want, and I mean anything. Staff was great and I loved that they emailed me with any little question they may have had to make sure they had correct info at all times. They did the floral and décor as well, which was TO DIE FOR! So don't worry about the food! In my opinion from 1-10 the Ironstone Ranch is a 20! don't get married anywhere else!

Beautiful Ironstone Ranch!

Reviewed on 7/27/2015

I would reccomend Ironstone Ranch to anyone. We had a fabulous experience. Mark helped calm me down when scheduling issues arose and made sure they did everything possible to help me the day of my wedding. The only tricky thing was trying to set up the same day of our wedding,... Read More but with most venues these days you will find that. I fell in love with the purpose and mission for Brittneys Hope. The Ranch was absolutely beautiful and they offer special details like the horse drawn carriage and opening the barn doors for a grand entrance that made our wedding so unique. I had tons of comments on how unique and beautiful our wedding was. I do not have a bad thing to say about this venue and the wonderful people that work there!!

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Jillian G

We got married here on 10/20/17 and it was absolutely beautiful. The employees were nice and accommodating and all of our guests had a great time. The ranch has everything you could possibly want or need all in one place. If you're looking for an effortlessly beautiful wedding,... Read More look no further. This place is amazing.

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Allyson E

Ironstone Ranch was the first place my then-fiancé and I visited, and nothing else even came close after we saw how beautiful the barn, farmhouse, and property were. We met multiple times with Mark, Jeremy, and Ironstone staff and each time were blown away by how kind and... Read More accommodating they were. We knew our wedding day would be nothing short of perfect with such experienced and caring people in charge, and we weren’t disappointed. I can’t even count how many of our guests made a point to tell us that this was the most beautiful venue they had ever visited, and the horse and carriage for the bride and groom was a favorite for everyone! Our stay on our wedding night at the beautiful (and impeccably kept) farmhouse was the perfect way to end our fairytale. Thank you to everyone at Ironstone for everything they did, and I would absolutely recommend them to ANYONE. Every last concern we had was addressed promptly and professionally and we didn’t have a single hiccup in our plans. Plus, Brittany’s Hope is an incredible foundation and knowing how dedicated they are to the cause is an amazing bonus!

Reviewed on 10/08/2017 Elizabeth G

We had our wedding at the tent on the Star Barn property in September. Simply put, the venue is brand new and absolutely gorgeous. It is specifically curated to host a 5 star wedding experience. We could not imagine a more perfect venue to hold our 200 guests and would recommend... Read More anyone looking to have a Pennsylvania wedding schedule a tour of the property as soon as possible. Specific special amenities include: A truly special "photo loop" adventure across the property that is a photographers dream. A new private lake house to accommodate bride, groom, wedding party, and family through your day as well as an overnight stay if desired. The tent: We never imagined a tent wedding, but the tent venue is gorgeous with hard floors, large wooden dance floor, and beautiful wooden tables. 2 firepits and property light display which illuminate the entire property at night and amaze your guests It was the perfect day.

2017-10-12T14:54:27 Response from the vendor

What a pleasure having you and we thank you for the beautiful words regarding your experience. We are so glad that everything exceeded your expectations and we thank you for entrusting us with that! All the best to you and your new husband and we... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 Kim M

There are so many wonderful things to say about this venue! First, I love that they are associated with a non-profit! Second, our wedding went off with literally nothing that went wrong. Jeremy and his ranch team made sure that we knew exactly what was going to happen and what... Read More to expect and helped make the day run perfect. Evon and her catering staff made the most amazing food and desserts. Our guests raved about it all! The venue itself was beautiful! It was such a perfect day. Dream come true!

2017-09-26T07:33:59 Response from the vendor

It was such a pleasure working with you over the years planning and we are glad that your day turned out perfect! Congratulations to a wonderful couple and we are honored to have been a part of your special day. Thank you for taking the... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/14/2017 Keith J

Ironstone Ranch is an awesome venue. It's an extremely beautiful place with an accommodating & professional staff. The entire process was enjoyable. We definitely pick the right place. We would recommend that anyone thinking of getting married in the area pay them a visit.... Read More It will be well worth your time. Plus Brittany's Hope is an tremendous cause.

2017-09-15T15:31:03 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us and we agree Brittany's Hope is a tremendous cause - thank you for your generosity! All the best to you in the future!

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Sara R

I can't say enough positive things about this place. The employees go above & beyond to make sure you have the most perfect day. We looked at 1 other venue the night before we checked out Ironstone Ranch. I was beaming with happiness just driving down the drive way. The place is... Read More gorgeous and absolutely immaculate! We were greeted by Mark who gave us our tour. He was so descriptive and thorough with the way he painted our wedding day in my head. He made me cry a few times just envisioning it while walking around! The property is absolutely breathtaking and just so very peaceful. I have never seen anything like it before! Our wedding day was absolutely perfect. Nothing could bring us down - not even the late buses which pushed our schedule back a few minutes. Jeremy helped us during rehearsal and the day of. Jeremy, you are awesome! You helped our day move along so smoothly and you were so easy to work with. I would recommend this venue to anyone. Weddings are not cheap, but I will never regret our day and Ironstone Ranch is a big reason why. The atmosphere is relaxing and chill.. the property is amazing.. the animals are out and about which our guests LOVED. We can't thank everyone at Ironstone Ranch enough for helping us have the most amazing wedding day! Thank you all so much!

2017-09-12T10:51:11 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words! We were honored to have you share your special day with us and it was a pleasure working with you! Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with others. All the best to you... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Lauren A

5 STARS all the way for Ironstone Ranch and their staff. We are very happy with the way our wedding turned out and couldn't have asked for a better venue! Jeremy and his ranch hands made everything run smoothly and knew exactly how to handle everything that was thrown his way! I... Read More would recommend this venue to everyone! Can't wait for all of my beautiful pictures to come back!

2017-09-12T10:52:38 Response from the vendor

We are so glad your day was perfect and that our staff exceeded your expectations for your beautiful wedding day! Thank you for taking a moment to share the experience with other potential brides, it means a lot! Congratulations to you and your husband!

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 Margie H

This is a beautiful setting to have a wedding, It was special in every way. The staff were professional, friendly and so helpful. The food was delicious. Everyone that attended complimented us for such a perfect wedding!! We loved everything about it.

2017-08-29T12:01:36 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to review your wonderful wedding experience with us! What a perfect day it was! Congratulations again and all the best!

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 JohnPaul B

Words can’t describe how incredible this venue was for our wedding. The staff were the friendliest group of people we have ever met! Jeremy and Alexis were incredible to work with from start to end! They literally went out of their way for every small detail - even giving the... Read More maid of honor a tissue during her speech. The venue itself is exceptionally beautiful. The main barn was elegant and classy and warm. The lighting and environment was perfect inside. Our guests felt so comfortable at the reception. We will be coming back to Ironstone for years to come. It is a magical place that is surrounded by beauty. If you are looking for an exceptional venue that is also hidden from busy streets and other buildings - Ironstone is the place to have your wedding. The property makes it feel like it’s just you and your guests. Again, can’t restate how friendly the entire staff was at Ironstone!

2017-07-31T09:27:47 Response from the vendor

It was such an honor having your wedding with us! Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely experience at our property, we truly enjoyed your day with all your closest loved ones. Congratulations again!

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Melissa L

Everything about Ironstone was just perfect. From the staff, to the venue, to the vendors they coordinate with; down to making sure every last detail of our wedding day was PERFECT! The staff is organized and their response time is amazing!! They make the chaos of wedding... Read More planning easier to bear! It was truly our fairy tale wedding! Such an amazing place to get married at. Our guests can not stop raving about It.

2017-07-17T11:56:48 Response from the vendor

It was such a pleasure working with you and your fiance for your wedding. We love how down to earth you both were and it made for a stunning wedding day ... and we thank you for embracing the weather! Congratulations again and we look... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/04/2017 Sarah H

The site is breathtaking for an outdoor or indoor wedding. There are many different places on site to have your wedding and they work with you to find the best spot. There is so much for your guests to explore and kids will love it. The reception tent is beautiful and roomy... Read More inside, with rustic wooden beams and iron chandeliers. The staff are outstanding, professional, and accommodating. They truly helped make my day amazing and run so smoothly. I was not worried about anything the day of my wedding and my guest loved every minute. They coordinate with their caterer and work so well together the food was amazing. I also love the staff's heart to serve they truly care about the details. I loved getting to know them and they were so inviting and really want to get to know you more. I highly recommend this site.

2017-07-10T15:16:28 Response from the vendor

It was such a pleasure working with you and we are so grateful you entrusted us with your day, even though when you booked with us all you saw was mud. It truly was amazing to see how everything transformed and we are so glad... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/25/2017 Alli S

Absolutely exceeded expectation! All of the members of the Ranch team helped with anything we needed and were there for any questions or even just support through the planning and wedding day!

2017-06-27T15:27:48 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to review! We are so glad your day was perfect! Congratulations on your wedding and please come back to visit!

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Linda H

My Daughter was married here June 4, 2017. When we booked this venue we saw only a picture- the site itself was mostly dirt and rocks. I am so glad we took a leap of faith and booked this place! It was fantastic! The grounds were breathtaking! Beautiful photo opportunities. She... Read More was married in the orchard and the reception was in the tent by the lake. It was more than just a tent. It had chandeliers, wood beams, a nice size dance floor. It was bigger than we needed and we loved it. Mark and Jeremy were on walkie talkies and made sure that our every request and need was promptly taken care joyfully. Our guests loved the site! I was so pleased that there was plenty to do to keep our guests entertained while we took pictures. They could wonder the grounds along the lake and along the prayer path; they could play yard games; there were fire pits; renovated farm buildings to see. Plenty of staff around to tend to our guests every need. The horse drawn wagon was a great addition. C&J catering was fantastic! They did a great job with decorating the table and the food was delicious! We did a buffet. The people were going back for seconds and there was plenty of it. I especially loved the Lemon Chicken which was so juice, and my husband loved the pulled pork. We had a variety of pies instead of a cake and they were all great! We gave s'more bags as a favor and our guests used them at the fire pits. The bride and groom spent their first night together in the house on the lake! Better than any five star resort- even a refrigerator with drinks and food. When the guests left and the grounds were closed the happy couple then had the entire property to themselves to roam about and enjoy. Just one more note- I live in California and the bride was going to school in Ohio and the groom was in Colorado. We were all out of state (due to recent moves) and planning this wedding from afar. Everyone on staff was so helpful and so gracious and took into consideration the distance and time change that was an obstacle in planning this wedding. Couldn't have asked for a better experience! Definitely would recommend!

2017-07-10T15:14:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time for such a lovely review. But foremost thank you for taking the "leap of faith" and having the wedding with us! What a perfect day it ended up being! Congratulations on your daughter's wedding and we wish you all... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Janelle H

We couldn't have pictured a more perfect wedding day. If you want to wow your guests this is the place to be. We had beautiful weather and were able to have our ceremony in the apple orchard and arrive on the hitch wagon with our bridal party and parents. It's such an amazing... Read More feeling! Having the farm house to stay in the night before really lets you enjoy your whole wedding weekend! I cant say enough great things about the staff at Ironstone. Mark made me fall in love with the venue during our initial tour, you could feel the love he had for Ironstone. Jeremy did an amazing job making our day run so smoothly. They truly make you feel like your the only person getting married at Ironstone. C&J Catering blew away our guests with our reception and working with them is great as well. Evon is the best and is on top of her game! Just go visit it for yourself, you will fall in love instantly!!

2017-06-07T14:18:08 Response from the vendor

It was our pleasure hosting you and your guests ... and what gorgeous weather you had! Thank you for taking the time to write such kind words and we are thankful that we exceeded your expectations! Congratulations again!

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Janel M

Ironstone Ranch was the absolutely amazing! Everyone on staff was extremely helpful and great to work with. They were always pleasant and responded to e-mails very quickly. They made the planning process a breeze and worked with us every step of the way. On our wedding day, my... Read More husband and I did not worry about a thing. We did not have to deal or worry about one logistical issue and the staff made our day run without a hitch. We got to do exactly what we needed to do on our wedding day: enjoy, relax, and party! Not only is the staff excellent, but the venue is absolutely gorgeous! The grounds are the perfect place to get married. Our wedding day was cloudy and rained off and on, however, the ranch was still beautiful and our pictures turned out perfect! All of our guests absolutely loved the venue and could not stop talking about it the entire night. By far the, best decision we made while wedding planning was choosing to get married at Ironstone Ranch.

2017-05-24T07:31:19 Response from the vendor

Janel - your wedding was perfect and we thank you for choosing us to share it with you! Thank you for taking the time to review us and we wish you and the husband all the best! Congratulations again and we hope to see you... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/17/2017 LAUREN D

Ironstone Ranch is an amazing venue. Pictures do not do it justice you have to see for yourself. The staff is awesome and so helpful throughout the entire planning process. Alexis is so tentative and stays in contact throughout the entire planning process. Mark and Jeremy are... Read More soo accommodating and have the day-of coordination down to a science. I was a little nervous at first about not having a day-of coordinator and just wondering how the whole day was going to come together, but they eased my nerves with every meeting. And the wedding day was like a fairy tale. Every thing went so smoothly and Mark and Jeremy did a great job of coordinating everything. We've gotten so many compliments on our venue, even from guests who did not attend and only saw pictures.

2017-05-17T13:55:07 Response from the vendor

Lauren, we loved your wedding and getting to know you in the planning process! What a special day it was! Thank you for taking the time to review and we look forward to seeing you back at the ranch soon!

Reviewed on 5/13/2017 John N

We had the most amazing experience with Ironstone Ranch. From planning to the actual day they helped us with the entire process. We highly recommend the ranch, it is worth every penny!

2017-05-16T14:02:09 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to review and it was our pleasure hosting your wedding! Congratulations again and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed on 4/19/2017 Dawn S

I am a mother of a Bride that was married at Ironstone last weekend. I can't say enough about this venue. The property is spectacular. The staff is friendly, accommodating and genuine. They attended to every detail, even ill grandma who needed some special care throughout... Read More the day. The carriage ride for Dad and Bride, just prior to the wedding, was a treasured treat for both. The "presentation" of the bride at the mini-barn was breath-taking with sunlight streaming in when the large doors were opened. The farmhouse provides lots of space to prepare hair, dress, etc.; and, the kitchen was perfect to keep the bridal party fed. It was truly an amazing day; many memories were created that we will treasure for a lifetime.

2017-04-20T15:06:44 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to review and share your experience with us. Congratulations on your daughter's wedding and it sure was a beautiful one! We are so glad to hear that the day was perfect and that you are happy with choosing Ironstone... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 4/05/2017 Brittany R

Words cannot even begin to describe how amazing Ironstone Ranch is. The whole experience of working with Ironstone Ranch was phenomenal! The staff was great and went above and beyond to ensure our wedding day was perfect. They truly made my fairy tale wedding dream come true.... Read More I never thought it would happen, but with the help of everyone there, I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day and place to celebrate our love.

2017-04-06T07:34:23 Response from the vendor

Congratulations to you and your husband! What a gorgeous wedding you had! Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely experience with our brides and we are looking forward to seeing you back at the ranch!

Reviewed on 12/19/2016 Melanie D

I couldn't have dreamed of a better wedding day! There are not words to express how amazingly wonderful my experience was with Ironstone Ranch. From beginning to end they were so accommodating with every little detail, question, and/or concern I had. Alexis was there for me... Read More to support me and encourage me no matter what time of the day it was. Mark helped figure out how I could get each part of my experience and still stay in my budget. Evon from C&J Catering was beyond what I could ever imagine. She answered last minute texts up to the day of the wedding. Made sure I was 100% happy with everything throughout the whole process. She even made sure that my husband and I ate and had our beverage of choice throughout the night. The stay in the Farmhouse was comfortable, relaxing, and surreal. Being brought up to my wedding in a horse drawn carriage was straight out of a fairy tale. All of my guests are still talking about their experience at Ironstone Ranch. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to hold a big event or wedding. There is not one thing that I would change about my experience with Ironstone Ranch. I'm sorry that this review is everywhere...but I am still so amazed with the whole thing. I am on cloud 9 and so in love with everyone at Ironstone Ranch!

2016-12-20T16:53:52 Response from the vendor

It was our pleasure having your wedding with us! It was so beautiful and we thank you for taking the time to review! All the best to you and your wonderful new husband!

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Carrie H

We knew from the first moment we arrived at Ironstone that this was the place where we wanted to celebrate our marriage. Over the next year and a half we visited Ironstone several times and each time we felt this sense of serenity, peace, and joy. It's honestly as if the rest... Read More of the world fades away while on the property. What's more is that many individuals who visited the ranch with us as well as guests from our wedding shared comments about these same feelings as well independently. There really is something special about Ironstone Ranch. Ironstone Ranch hosts weddings, corporate events, and events for the general public such as horseback rides, an annual 5K, Christmas at the Ranch...and more. We encourage all to attend one of the many great events hosted at the Ranch because not only will you be able to experience the Ranch, but you will be helping a great organization: Brittany's Hope. The employees of Ironstone Ranch noticeably take pride in their work and strive to make visitors feel taken care of during their visit. We could sing praises of Mark, Jamileh, Jeremy, Hayley, Taylor and all of the members of the Ironstone Ranch Crew! We rented the Ranch Friday-Sunday morning for our wedding and we are so glad we did. Friday night we hosted our rehearsal dinner and a welcome party for all our guests and it was a big hit. On Saturday we married at the St. Peter's Catholic Church and celebrated the night away at the Ranch. We were able to spend Friday and Saturday evening in the Farmhouse on the property. While it did rain on our wedding day, the Ranch did take care of us and our guests as promised. They also did a fantastic job of handling all of the logistics of our wedding: from pony rides, lawn games and a live band during our cocktail hour, to dinner in a tent, to partying in the Main Barn and a sparkler send off. The Ranch staff went above and beyond and worked well with all of our vendors as well as our guests. It was seemingly seamless. We could not have asked for a more perfect wedding day and weekend. Most importantly to us, our guests commented positively on a wonderful weekend! Thank you, Ironstone Ranch!

Reviewed on 11/20/2016 Lauren G

My husband and I got married at Ironstone on November 5th and it was the best choice we made in the wedding planning process! From the first visit Mark makes you feel so special and treats you like family. Throughout the multiple times I visited the ranch I got to know Mark and... Read More Jeremy and they were always there to answer questions that I had. We booked the farmhouse Thursday to Sunday and our stay was perfect. The day of went so smoothly and I know we owe that to Mark and Jeremy. Both were present and making sure everyone was having a good time and any questions were answered. We both talk about how perfect Ironstone Ranch is and we keep having people call us and tell us how great Ironstone is also. Thank you for making a perfect day that much more perfect!

Reviewed on 11/11/2016 Jaimie B

My husband and I fell in love with Ironstone from the moment we came out to visit- it was the only venue that we had to see to know that we would not find anything better. From the moment you drive onto the property you will feel just how special it is! The staff are the very... Read More best. Leading up to the wedding, we felt nothing but positive vibes and had a totally positive experience in all of the planning stages. They are truly able to make your vision a reality. The day of, their coordinator took care of every small detail- she directed the entire wedding party and the bride and groom to where they needed to be at all times, all the while coordinating all of the different vendors- catering & flowers (both by C&J Catering whom they work closely with all the time, both in the planning stages and during the event), photographers, and the band. We were constantly being checked in on to ensure that everything was going exactly how we envisioned it. Highly recommend this venue for anyone looking for a charming, rustic wedding.

2016-11-14T10:42:06 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to review your wonderful experience with us! What a pleasure it was having you and your guests for your gorgeous fall wedding! Congratulations to you both and we wish you a lifetime of love and laughter! All the best... Read Less Read More