Amazingly breathtaking views with the best Venue!

Nestled between the Blue Ridge and the Massanutten Mountain Ranges in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley, Stover Hall Wedding Venue is an example of Virginia's history, architecture and nature at its best. Situated on five acres and surrounded by magnificent views, Stover Hall's elegant 1830's main house, period outbuildings and rustic, updated barn with modern conveniences present the perfect venue for your special day.

• Outdoor - Covered

• Ceremony Area

Backyard, Farm + Ranch, Barn, Historic Venue, Mountain, Park

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings

1381 US HWY BSN 340, Luray, VA (540) 742-1703

Perfect Rustic Wedding Venue for Ceremony & Reception

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Marisa C

Stover Hall is an amazing new wedding venue. Not only does it have a picture perfect backdrop of the Blue Ridge Mountains, but it is owned by a fantastic family who went out of their way to make sure every detail of the day was perfect. With the wedding package, you get... Read More accommodations in the house and the cottage for the entire weekend (both super cozy and fantastically decorated). We were able to have our bridal party stay on-site with us all weekend, and we even had our rehearsal dinner and post-wedding brunch at the house! The beauty of the property is undeniable; it’s perfect for a rustic country wedding with an outdoor ceremony and reception in the tents/barn, but Christina’s personality and dedication make this venue unbeatable. I honestly cannot say enough good things about Christina. From the first day we met her, we knew working with her was going to be a great experience and she was exceedingly flexible in accommodating us. She has a ton of decorations that she offers to her brides, and on the day of the wedding she did more than we could have asked of her, from setting up decorations to coordinating logistics to checking in on my grandmother (she even had a golf cart driven by her son to help my grandma get around!) Her presence on the day of made it so that there was no stress and I could truly enjoy the day, and I can’t thank her enough for that. Definitely a great place to get married which allows you the time to take a second and enjoy the wedding weekend instead of feeling rushed. I 100% recommend them and would give Stover Hall more than five stars if I could.

Reviewed on 5/18/2017 Jen F

Choosing to have our wedding at Stover Hall was the absolute best decision we made in our wedding planning. It is a magnificent venue with even better owners. Christina and Wes put in the time and effort you might expect from a Maid of Honor or Best Man. They show the pride and... Read More concern you might expect from your parents. They show up with the support, enthusiasm and optimism you would expect from that one guest you can’t imagine getting married without them there. Christina and Wes give their couples something better than incredible customer service, or even royal treatment. They treat them like family.

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Jeremy R

I can't say enough wonderful things about Christina and Stover Hall. My husband and I were immediately comfortable with Christina--and honestly we weren't quite sure what to expect as a gay couple in rural Virginia. She made us feel welcome from the very start and she went... Read More above and beyond in making our day truly special! And the location, the facilities, and the scenery are just spectacular.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Karen G

Nestled between the Blue Ridge and the Massanutten Mountain Ranges in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley, Stover Hall Wedding and Event Venue is an example of Virginia's history and architecture and nature at its best. Situated on five acres and surrounded by magnificent views,... Read More Stover Hall's elegant 1830's main house, period outbuildings and rustic, updated barn with modern conveniences present the perfect venue for your special day whether a wedding or other special event. Owners Wesley and Christina Grieve assist you in creating your unique and personal event; a wonderful beginning to your life together or a wonderful celebration.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Brandon H

I had the opportunity to provide professional DJ services here at Stover Hall on 9/17. I must say the venue and it's owners goes above and beyond for their clients. The venue itself is very nice and provides plenty parking. They work very hard to make sure every detail is... Read More perfect for their clients. I would be more than happy to provide my services at Stover Hall anytime. Keep up the great work guys!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Brandon H

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Laura T

Stover Hall is the perfect wedding venue. Being able to turn our special day into an amazing memorable weekend was awesome. The convenience of having the space to set up the day before, a location for our rehearsal dinner, a place for our guest to sleep- it really is the whole... Read More package. Christina and Wes are so kind, helpful, and easy going. I loved everything about our wedding weekend!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Theo T

This is a truly special venue. When my wife and I were seeking venues that would embody our autumn theme, we knew we needed not look any further once we found Stover Hall. Starting with the characteristics of the venue... The mountain scenery is so surreal it almost "looks... Read More fake." The grounds are always extremely well kept by Christina and her husband, and they continue to build onto the facilities. The venue is steeped in a lot of history, retains the charm and character of its age, yet has all of the comforts needed for a visiting party due to the numerous renovations and constant maintenance Christina and her husband take on. The reception barn is a very nice space for an intimate wedding - we had 80 guests and there was PLENTY of space for a dance floor. The lightinf and aesthetics of the barn that Christina has implemented make for a truly magical wedding night. Last but not least, Christina, the venue owner/manager... she is a gem, and I cannot imagine a better person to work with in executing a wedding. She cares not only for her venue, but takes measures to ensure you have the wedding you envisioned at her venue. When it comes to care for her venue she is firm - don't be a drunken debaucherer who enjoys destroying a priceless historical property! However with that firmness she is exceedingly fair, one of the best people I've ever encountered in business both personally and professionally. With that, if you envision a wedding filled with historic character, against the backdrop of the serene mountains of the Shenandoah Valley, look no further than Stover Hall. As a venue it is truly in a class of its own.

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Anthony M

Words cannot describe the breathtaking view, preservation and beauty of this magnificent venue. The level of devotion, commitment and attention that Christina and her husband Wes put towards the Bride and Groom are indescribable. We immediately knew this was the place for us... Read More without reserve. Christina and Wes are both extremely openhearted; instantly establishing a warming sensation of togetherness all within minutes of meeting them. We wanted a very personal experience and I can honestly say that we got that and then a whole lot more. We knew we were not just “another couple” renting their property for our big day, yet we were acknowledged as being a part of the Stover Hall family, bound for life together forever, with a lock and key to prove it. Where else could you get that? We not only enjoyed every second of our experience but made some lifelong friends in the process. Thank you from the bottom of my heart Christina and Wes, you are amazing!!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016

Beautiful property / venue, the staff is very friendly, easy to work with and extremely accommodating! Had an amazing time!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Jessica M

My husband and I just got married at Stover Hall on 10/15/16. We fell in love with the venue the moment we saw it. What sealed the deal for us on this venue wasn't the gorgeous plantation house, the inviting mountain views that reminded me of my childhood spent growing up in... Read More Rappahannock, and it wasn't the rustic barn that fit exactly what we wanted for our reception. The venue had everything we wanted for our wedding and more, so who wouldn't want to pick this place to get married? It was a big decision to make, but what made that decision so easy was the owner Christina. She took us on a tour, and then spent the next 4 hours talking to us. She has such a kind heart. She is the sweetest person with the most contagious bubbly personality. You can really tell how much she loves what she does because she puts her heart into all her work. She does everything she can to make sure all of her bride and grooms' wedding dreams come true. She helped bring my vision of our wedding to life, adding finishing touches that I never even thought of. Christina and her husband Wes own the property, and they are the best!!!

Reviewed on 7/30/2016

What a beautiful location for a wedding! Stunning views of the Blue Ridge mountains.

Reviewed on 7/22/2016 Andy W

Christina and Wes are the simply the best! They are wonderfully flexible and collaborated well with us! Christina is a darling! She works so hard to make Stover Hall beautiful to match the gorgeous scenery of the property. We found Wes so accomodating...He even brought us... Read More umbrellas to protect us from the hail and rain that decided to show up before we walked the aisle. To top it off, these terrific hosts made sure that a wonderful rainbow made its presence to cap off a perfect gay wedding in the country! Kidding aside, I cannot stress enough how welcoming and gracious Christina and Wes are. Go see them and discover how Stover Hall will make you fall in love with its beauty and history!

Reviewed on 6/05/2016

Amazing venue! Great views! Beautiful property. All the amenities you need for a perfect wedding. The owner is amazing and there to support you through everything you need! Would highly recommend.

Reviewed on 5/25/2016

This place is the best! Not only was the venue beautiful but the house and amenities for your guests are amazing. I had almost my whole bridal party stay there and it was a 3 day celebration. Christina and Wes did anything asked of them plus went above and beyond requests. My... Read More wedding day was supposed to be a wash out, it wasn't thankfully but they were fully prepared. Plus it was in the 50s but that didn't stop anyone from having a good time and they made it comfortable for all the guests. I could not be more happy. It was absolutely perfect and I have Stover Hall to thank for a majority of it.

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

I love this venue! The location is very accommodating and customizable! Having the beautiful mountains in the background just enhances the countryside ambiance that is truly unique and unforgettable! I highly recommend!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Mandy W

Stover Hall is such a beautiful place! The owners, Wes and Christina, are amazing to work with. They will do their best to help you with whatever you need and they went above and beyond for my wedding. They make sure your day is extra special! I would definitely recommend... Read More this place! :)

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

the best

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Dave

Stover Hall was amazing along with the owners. I have only been to wedding in a church but when I seen this place for the first time I was amazed and the end results showed it. I was lucky to stay in the main house which is amazing all by itself . I felt like a king staying... Read More there. You have views from all over. I wish the owners the best of luck and I wish I lived closer I would do some of my own work during events there . It's a must see place ... It's just breath taking and amazing

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

Every Mother dreams of her daughter having a fairy tale wedding. Stover Hall and the owners Christy and Wes made that dream a reality for me! We visited so many venues and had even booked elsewhere when the Groom found Stover Hall. From the moment we arrived to visit I knew... Read More this place was something special. Christy even arranged for us to return to finalize our decorating plans when the maid-of-honor was visiting from California. Although the venue is located 2 hours from home, we knew it was the perfect place! Their concept of a "Wedding Weekend" is truly unique, giving the Bride and Groom and their guests time to truly relax and enjoy the special event. We held the rehearsal dinner on site and we're able to use the full kitchen to prepare the meal. The golf cart was especially helpful for family members with mobility issues and the owners personally made sure my father in law was well taken care of. The ceremony and reception were lovely and the mountain backdrop was all my daughter had hoped it would be. The following day the couple opened gifts, swam and enjoyed spending time with friends. They didn't feel rushed and some of their guests were even able to stay in the beautifully appointed house and cottage. I just can't say enough good things about Stover Hall. Don't hesitate....THIS is where you want to have your wedding!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

These owners and hands-on hosts work very hard to assure that their clients are afforded a spectacular full-service wedding. From the 100+ year old home available for guests and/or bridal party and the cottage out back for the groom to the spacious barn to the jaw-dropping... Read More view toward the Blue Ridge, I honestly don't know how a bride could find a more unforgettable setting for their wedding.

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

Beautiful views of the blue ridge mountains from every angle. The lovingly restored and renovated barn is perfect. Every thought is given by the passionate owners to make sure that your special day is everything you need it to be and more

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Abby L

I will never be able to thank Christy and Wes enough for making Stover Hall the home to the most amazing, memorable time in our lives. I can't imagine anyone working harder to make sure your wedding day is uniquely yours. Even in the face of a hurricane, Christy made sure the... Read More day was just as we had imagined it... and so much more!! I do weddings for a living and have never seen anyone in this industry with as much care and love to give as this incredible woman! Thank you one million times over!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

Stover Hall is simply wonderful venue. The views of the mountains and valley are an amazing backdrop to any ceremony. The owners have done an amazing job restoring the property from the main house to the guest house to the new barn. Not only have I been lucky enough to attend... Read More wedding there, I've also had the pleasure of attending several holiday parties!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Anna R

I attended a wedding at Stover Hall in the Fall of 2014. I helped a friend with the rehearsal dinner on Friday night and was able to attend the wedding festivities on Saturday. I was very impressed with the owners, Christina and Wes. They both were very involved in helping to... Read More set up and take care of last minute details. They even offered to help me with the rehearsal dinner I was making! Stover Hall was the perfect location with such natural beauty as the backdrop to a wonderful wedding weekend. The grounds are beautiful and there is plenty of room for the bridal party or family to stay in the guest house and cottage. It's an awesome location and it's obvious that the owners are enthusiastic and willing to help with any details. The wedding was a stress-free, fun-filled weekend! I highly recommend Stover Hall!