Studio B, a salon and beauty boutique

Newport, Providence and beyond

Award-Winning Bridal Hair and Makeup Services

Studio B offers on-site and in-studio bridal services. The team has worked with countless brides to help them create their ideal look for their wedding day. Owner and makeup artist, Kristi Beaman’s work has been featured on countless New York runways, including Marchesa and Betsey Johnson.

Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, Airbrushed Makeup, Makeup Artists, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Beauty

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100
824ddd67 fb0e 4a26 92a4 d4996b0d2b23~rs 100
771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100

48 Hillside Road, Cranston, RI Newport, Providence and beyond (401) 437-8688

Reviewed on 1/11/2018 Mia S

Studio B did an excellent job on hair and makeup for me, my seven bridesmaids, and both mothers for my winter wedding. They arrived early in the morning to our hotel and worked diligently for five hours to finish everyone's beauty before pictures. Everyone looked so beautiful... Read More and fit the requested aesthetic perfectly. No one looked too stiff or overly made up--the girls looked like themselves, but flawless! All of our looks lasted through the evening--and our hair was still beautiful at brunch the next morning. The only downside is the salon is very slow about responding to email and phone calls, which added some stress before the wedding. They delivered in the end though and I was very happy.

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Christina H

I highly recommend using Salon B for all brides! Kristi was so easy to work with and makes you feel comfortable throughout the whole wedding process. My makeup and hair came out great, and my bridesmaids looked amazing as well!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Cassie C

I had Studio B do my engagement photos makeup, as well as my hair and makeup for a wedding I was just in. The stylists do an excellent job of capturing EXACTLY what you want, and always looking absolutely stunning. My makeup was able to show in pictures, but was still natural... Read More (how I wanted it). My hair was creatively done by Mallori and was perfect for the style of the wedding I was in. Again, my makeup was perfectly done not only as a future bride, but bridesmaid! I highly recommend this salon!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Ashleigh C

Kristi & Mal of Studio B absolutely killed it. I gave Mal very little direction for my hair and yet she was able to run with what I told her and give me exactly what I envisioned. My makeup was perfection, as well. I work in fitness and wear very little in my daily life,... Read More Kristi was able to produce a natural but glamorous look that was exactly what I was hoping for! Overall, I got so many compliments, not only the day of, but when I got my wedding photos - everything photographed beautifully as well! Highly recommend!!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Jaime H

Studio B is amazing!! Kristi and the girls did such a beautiful job on all of our hair and makeup. This is the second wedding I have been in this year and Studio B did both weddings. They are so professional and do such a wonderful job!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Kelsey B

I had a small group (myself, my mother, and MOH) and we had Mal and Kelsey for our hair and makeup in the salon. Mal was so patient with me. She gave me the exact hairstyle I was looking for. During my hair trial, Mal made suggestions that really helped things to go smoothly the... Read More day of (e.g., I wanted a bold lip. Mal advised that go to Sephora buy it so I was totally comfortable with my choice). My makeup was excellent and natural. My husband said "Your makeup was perfect-- you looked like YOU!" which was exactly what I wanted. My mom was wary of having makeup done, since she doesn't often wear it, but she was obsessed with her eyelashes and looked awesome! Thanks so much!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Cailin B

Kristi and Mallori from Studio B did an absolutely incredible job for my wedding! Mallori has been cutting my hair for years so I knew I was in good hands from the start. I gave her a vague description of what I wanted and she just rolled with it. It looked effortless and chic... Read More and my makeup looked like me only better, which is exactly what I wanted. Not only did they make everyone look flawless but we had an absolute blast hanging out with them in the bridal suite. Would highly recommend Studio B!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Erin P

Kristi and Mallory KILLED IT for my September wedding this year. They were such great people and had great energy! They had my hair and makeup to tackle, as well as my bridesmaids and both MOB and MOG. They totally killed it. I could NOT have been happier with the way EVERYTHING... Read More went. I had a small hair freak out moment but Mallory was calm and cool and made some minor adjustments. She made me feel so comfortable and made sure I looked PERFECT! Kristi started with a bridesmaid and the rest of us wanted that exact look, she nailed the look with the first girl! We all looked and felt so beautiful. I would recommend this team to anyone and everyone. From trial to day of execution it was flawless. If I had to do the wedding day all over again I would chose them over and over. They're the best! Thanks for the perfect day ladies!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Lauren B

I'd been a client of Mallori's for years - so I had no doubt that Studio B was the perfect choice for hair and makeup for my sister's wedding. Mallori and Kristi are the dream team!! I have been in multiple weddings with other hair and makeup teams - and they really stand out... Read More for their professionalism, skill, and sophistication. My makeup and hair was flawless - as was the rest of the bridal party - and we were completely on schedule all day! You can fully trust their discretion, eye for what looks best, and that you will have a fabulous time in the process. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Zoe V

Studio B did wedding hair and makeup for myself, my ten bridesmaids, and both my mother and my husband's--clearly a very tall order! They did it expertly, mindful of our strict time constraints but nonetheless making everyone appear as if they had been worked on for hours. And... Read More they came to our site--45 minutes away, which they turned into a professional studio. I can not recommend them highly enough.

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Meredith G

I cannot recommend Studio B enough for wedding hair and makeup. Kristi and Caroline delivered above and beyond any expectation I had. From my youngest bridesmaid to my grandmother, everyone looked and felt so beautiful. Makeup by Kristi was soft and natural and perfectly suited... Read More to each person's face. I changed my idea for my hair the day of my wedding and Caroline didn't break a sweat - she talked me through what she was doing strand by strand and I can't imagine loving my wedding hair any more that I did. Plus they are fun to hang with! I am so happy I chose Studio B.

Reviewed on 3/01/2017 Nicky D

Kristi did the most beautiful job with my makeup! She was so laid back and professional, and she knew exactly the vibe I was going for without lot a of direction (kind of a glowy natural glam). She also did my mom's make-up and my sister's eye makeup, and they were thrilled with... Read More the results as well. Thank you Kristi, for getting us all glammed up for my big day! :)

Reviewed on 12/27/2016 Crystal C

Studio B was suggested to me by a friend who used their services for her wedding. I was EXTREMELY pleased with the professionalism and friendly demeanor of our stylist who came onsite to do hair and make up. Due to the distance I would have had to travel I decided to skip the... Read More trial (risky is what everyone told me) and trust the stylist! She did an amazing job and really listened to what I was looking for, and created my exact look I was going for! Caroline did an amazing job ! Highly recommended !

Reviewed on 12/16/2016 Nicole A

We chose Studio B and worked with Kristi (owner) and Mallori. These two did an incredible job and did it much quicker than anticipated and was not rushed at all. We did a trial first. For the makeup i didnt have any particular requests and told her just a general “I dont wear... Read More much makeup. I dont want to look cakey and want the makeup to look soft and natural.” She did just that in both the trial and the big wedding day. It was natural and I felt beautiful. I actually came out better the day of! Mallori did my hair for the trial and for the final day. From the trial which I though was perfect she seemed to make it even better the day of! I gave her a picture of my idea and she did it amazingly and in such a way that I was able to dance all night without my hair falling out. The hair looked soft and not slicked back. Both stylists did mine as well as my 5 bridesmaids and the two mothers makeup and hair. All of them looked beautiful and were very happy with their results. I would recommend Studio B with Kristi and Mallori to anyone who asked.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Audrey E

Studio B did an amazing job on my wedding day! We couldn't have been happier! I highly recommend them for anyone's big day:)

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Cassie B

Kristi and the team at Studio B are definitely the best in the business! In addition to being a customer of Studio B and using them for my own wedding, I was lucky enough to recently be a part of a wedding that Kristi did the makeup for. She made sure everyone was happy with how... Read More their makeup was done and was more than willing to do any touch ups before she left. Everyone's makeup stayed put throughout the entire day and night despite it being hot and humid! Kristi and her staff will make the entire process stress free and will leave you looking and feeling your best! I would 100% recommend them to any bride!

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Jenny F

Studio B is the best it's as simple as that! Kristi and Caroline are hair & beauty GODDESSES and made my girls and I feel like absolute perfection on my wedding day! Kristi helped me make all of the arrangements and was super organized even when I wasn't! You really get what... Read More you pay for with these ladies, they use the best products and brands (for all you hair and makeup junkies like me) and their outstanding service is sooo appreciated. My makeup was amazing and my hair stayed put ALL. NIGHT. (So did all my girls!) I want to have my hair and makeup done every day by this glam dream team!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Anne K

Found Studio B here on the Knot for my destination wedding in Rhode Island and I couldn't be happier! Kristi, the owner, is so responsive and so nice, she made me feel 100% comfortable even before I traveled there for my trial. On the day of my wedding the girls were amazing! My... Read More artists were Anna and Sam. They were so wonderful with each of my bridesmaids and they created this perfect, beautiful look for me off of something I found on Pinterest. The girls didn't leave me until they knew I felt absolutely beautiful, they even offered to stay and wait until I walked out of my suite. Very professional, incredibly talented artists at this salon. I would highly recommend using them for any bride!! Thank you Kristi and staff for an amazing wedding day looking and feeling like a princess!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Mary K

I am the mother of a recent bride and cannot express how delighted I am with Studio B. We had 3 professionals come to our hotel who did an amazing job. Anna, Briana, and Sam were terrific and very creative with those in the wedding party who weren't sure what they wanted. We all... Read More felt confident to be in their hands and got so many compliments on our appearance from the guests. Kristi organized everything so well. It was one thing I definitely did worry about. There is no other salon you need to consider for your wedding day. Thank you Studio B!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Mark M

Studio B is the best ever! Their talented stylists did my hair and makeup for my September wedding in Narragansett, RI (and my bridesmaids as well), and they were extremely detail oriented, creative, and listened to what we were looking for. Our looks were perfect for my... Read More wedding, and I couldn't thank them enough - they were also very mindful of time/schedules and the cost was right!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Kaytea G

I went to Studio B after a bad experience with my original salon and as soon as I walked in, I knew I was in the right place. I showed Sam a picture of how I wanted my hair to look and she immediately went to work. I couldn’t believe she created exactly what I wanted with little... Read More to no direction! I also loved how approachable she was if I did want something changed and she did an AMAZING job on my bridesmaids the day of. You'd think they had hair trials also! Anna did my makeup and there aren't enough great things to say about Anna. During my trial she walked me through my makeup step-by-step and asking important questions so I didn't end up looking like a different person. On the day of, the girls of Studio B came in and were professional, but also fun and didn't judge us for our weirdness all day! :) Love Studio B; they are so easy to work with and I would recommend them to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Hannah W

I had a wonderful experience working with Studio B. I could not have been more pleased with the way that my hair and make up, as well as the hair and make up of my bridesmaids, came out. We worked specifically with Caroline and Anna, and they did an amazing job. They helped to... Read More create a relaxed and fun atmosphere while we all got ready, and that is definitely something I needed.

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Maryellen C

I loved working with Sam for my trial and for my day of hair, especially, when I decided to do something much different than my trial!

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Maura J

Studio B is amazing!!! Caroline and Kristi did the hair and makeup for me, my bridesmaids, my mom and my sister-in-law on the day of my wedding. They were able to please every single one of us and everyone loved the way their hair and makeup turned out! Caroline and Kristi were... Read More so nice and professional and even kept us ahead of schedule on the day of the wedding! They were friendly, calm, and extremely accommodating. I would highly recommend Studio B salon to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Kristen S

I got married June of 2016. I couldn't have been happier with Studio B! The minute I walked in for my trial with Mallori I knew I had made the right decision choosing Studio B for my wedding hair and makeup! Kristi made everything stress free and organized. They had no problem... Read More accommodating 6 bridesmaids, 2 mothers, a grandmother and a flower-girl. All the bridesmaids wanted something a little bit different and Kelsey did a great job meeting everyones wishes.