Studio B, a salon and beauty boutique

Newport, Providence and beyond

Award-Winning Bridal Hair and Makeup Services

Studio B offers on-site and in-studio bridal services. The team has worked with countless brides to help them create their ideal look for their wedding day. Owner and makeup artist, Kristi Beaman’s work has been featured on countless New York runways, including Marchesa and Betsey Johnson.

Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, Airbrushed Makeup, Makeup Artists, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Beauty

48 Hillside Road, Cranston, RI Newport, Providence and beyond (401) 437-8688

Reviewed on 3/01/2017 Nicky D

Kristi did the most beautiful job with my makeup! She was so laid back and professional, and she knew exactly the vibe I was going for without lot a of direction (kind of a glowy natural glam). She also did my mom's make-up and my sister's eye makeup, and they were thrilled with... Read More the results as well. Thank you Kristi, for getting us all glammed up for my big day! :)

Reviewed on 12/27/2016 Crystal C

Studio B was suggested to me by a friend who used their services for her wedding. I was EXTREMELY pleased with the professionalism and friendly demeanor of our stylist who came onsite to do hair and make up. Due to the distance I would have had to travel I decided to skip the... Read More trial (risky is what everyone told me) and trust the stylist! She did an amazing job and really listened to what I was looking for, and created my exact look I was going for! Caroline did an amazing job ! Highly recommended !

Reviewed on 12/16/2016 Nicole A

We chose Studio B and worked with Kristi (owner) and Mallori. These two did an incredible job and did it much quicker than anticipated and was not rushed at all. We did a trial first. For the makeup i didnt have any particular requests and told her just a general “I dont wear... Read More much makeup. I dont want to look cakey and want the makeup to look soft and natural.” She did just that in both the trial and the big wedding day. It was natural and I felt beautiful. I actually came out better the day of! Mallori did my hair for the trial and for the final day. From the trial which I though was perfect she seemed to make it even better the day of! I gave her a picture of my idea and she did it amazingly and in such a way that I was able to dance all night without my hair falling out. The hair looked soft and not slicked back. Both stylists did mine as well as my 5 bridesmaids and the two mothers makeup and hair. All of them looked beautiful and were very happy with their results. I would recommend Studio B with Kristi and Mallori to anyone who asked.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Audrey E

Studio B did an amazing job on my wedding day! We couldn't have been happier! I highly recommend them for anyone's big day:)

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Cassie B

Kristi and the team at Studio B are definitely the best in the business! In addition to being a customer of Studio B and using them for my own wedding, I was lucky enough to recently be a part of a wedding that Kristi did the makeup for. She made sure everyone was happy with how... Read More their makeup was done and was more than willing to do any touch ups before she left. Everyone's makeup stayed put throughout the entire day and night despite it being hot and humid! Kristi and her staff will make the entire process stress free and will leave you looking and feeling your best! I would 100% recommend them to any bride!

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Jenny F

Studio B is the best it's as simple as that! Kristi and Caroline are hair & beauty GODDESSES and made my girls and I feel like absolute perfection on my wedding day! Kristi helped me make all of the arrangements and was super organized even when I wasn't! You really get what... Read More you pay for with these ladies, they use the best products and brands (for all you hair and makeup junkies like me) and their outstanding service is sooo appreciated. My makeup was amazing and my hair stayed put ALL. NIGHT. (So did all my girls!) I want to have my hair and makeup done every day by this glam dream team!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Anne K

Found Studio B here on the Knot for my destination wedding in Rhode Island and I couldn't be happier! Kristi, the owner, is so responsive and so nice, she made me feel 100% comfortable even before I traveled there for my trial. On the day of my wedding the girls were amazing! My... Read More artists were Anna and Sam. They were so wonderful with each of my bridesmaids and they created this perfect, beautiful look for me off of something I found on Pinterest. The girls didn't leave me until they knew I felt absolutely beautiful, they even offered to stay and wait until I walked out of my suite. Very professional, incredibly talented artists at this salon. I would highly recommend using them for any bride!! Thank you Kristi and staff for an amazing wedding day looking and feeling like a princess!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Mary K

I am the mother of a recent bride and cannot express how delighted I am with Studio B. We had 3 professionals come to our hotel who did an amazing job. Anna, Briana, and Sam were terrific and very creative with those in the wedding party who weren't sure what they wanted. We all... Read More felt confident to be in their hands and got so many compliments on our appearance from the guests. Kristi organized everything so well. It was one thing I definitely did worry about. There is no other salon you need to consider for your wedding day. Thank you Studio B!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Mark M

Studio B is the best ever! Their talented stylists did my hair and makeup for my September wedding in Narragansett, RI (and my bridesmaids as well), and they were extremely detail oriented, creative, and listened to what we were looking for. Our looks were perfect for my... Read More wedding, and I couldn't thank them enough - they were also very mindful of time/schedules and the cost was right!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Kaytea G

I went to Studio B after a bad experience with my original salon and as soon as I walked in, I knew I was in the right place. I showed Sam a picture of how I wanted my hair to look and she immediately went to work. I couldn’t believe she created exactly what I wanted with little... Read More to no direction! I also loved how approachable she was if I did want something changed and she did an AMAZING job on my bridesmaids the day of. You'd think they had hair trials also! Anna did my makeup and there aren't enough great things to say about Anna. During my trial she walked me through my makeup step-by-step and asking important questions so I didn't end up looking like a different person. On the day of, the girls of Studio B came in and were professional, but also fun and didn't judge us for our weirdness all day! :) Love Studio B; they are so easy to work with and I would recommend them to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Hannah W

I had a wonderful experience working with Studio B. I could not have been more pleased with the way that my hair and make up, as well as the hair and make up of my bridesmaids, came out. We worked specifically with Caroline and Anna, and they did an amazing job. They helped to... Read More create a relaxed and fun atmosphere while we all got ready, and that is definitely something I needed.

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Maryellen C

I loved working with Sam for my trial and for my day of hair, especially, when I decided to do something much different than my trial!

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Maura J

Studio B is amazing!!! Caroline and Kristi did the hair and makeup for me, my bridesmaids, my mom and my sister-in-law on the day of my wedding. They were able to please every single one of us and everyone loved the way their hair and makeup turned out! Caroline and Kristi were... Read More so nice and professional and even kept us ahead of schedule on the day of the wedding! They were friendly, calm, and extremely accommodating. I would highly recommend Studio B salon to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Kristen S

I got married June of 2016. I couldn't have been happier with Studio B! The minute I walked in for my trial with Mallori I knew I had made the right decision choosing Studio B for my wedding hair and makeup! Kristi made everything stress free and organized. They had no problem... Read More accommodating 6 bridesmaids, 2 mothers, a grandmother and a flower-girl. All the bridesmaids wanted something a little bit different and Kelsey did a great job meeting everyones wishes.

Reviewed on 3/15/2016 Alicia S

I'm pretty sure Mallori and Caroline are magicians in their spare time! Not only do they create magic, but they are such a calming influence in the midst of all the chaos. Being a wedding and event planner myself, I have seen Studio B's finished product numerous times and they... Read More are always my favorite. Since I was traveling up to Maine for my wedding, I was afraid that it would be too costly to bring them up with me. Lucky for me, their pricing was very competitive! There was a little lag in response a couple of times... but I'm also super type A and tend to ask for things waaaaaaaaaaay before they are necessary. Kristi sent over the information in plenty of time and was very patient with me. She put together the perfect schedule to get us ready for the day! I am so happy we made the decision to bring Mal & Caroline with us! They were amazing. Every one of my ladies looked perfect and my 4 year old niece told me I looked like Princess Elsa... probably the best compliment ever!

Reviewed on 11/06/2015 Stephanie H

Studio B did the hair and makeup for my wedding in March. They did the best wedding makeup and hair!!. The hair for my wedding as a bride came out better than the picture I had as inspiration. The artists at studio B are friendly, professional and have fun with makeup and hair!... Read More I highly recommend them for wedding parties and for any occasion.

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Tara T

Studio B did an amazing job!! Starting with my trial I had a great experience and felt like Sam and Kristi were able to listen to what I wanted and it turned out great. My hair and makeup on the day were exactly what I was expecting after the trial. The girls arrived on-site... Read More on time and were very professional. All my bridesmaids loved how their hair turned out, everything was beautiful and lasted throughout the entire night. Thank you all so much for being part of my wedding!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Kayla W

Perfect! I couldn't have been any happier with my bridal make-up and all of my bridesmaids! Mallory did my make-up and hair which came out amazing and lasted all day. I knew the girls from studio-b would do amazing bc I do get my hair cut and colored there and I love it... Read More everytime. Everyone was very impressed!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Kelly Q

I was married in June of this year and couldn't be happier with Studio B as my choice for hair and makeup!! Kelly and Kelsey were our stylists and Kristi was our make up artist. Besides myself, I had 5 bridesmaids, 2 Moms, a flower girl and my a sister-in-law for the team to... Read More work their magic with. The Studio B team exceeded all of our expectations. Kristi, Kelsey & Kelly were fabulous to work with. They kept things fun, while staying professional and always made sure we were comfortable with what they envisioned. I had a 1920s themed wedding and the team was able to create perfect looks for everyone on the spot. Our guests were floored with how perfect our hair and make up worked with our theme. I chose to have regular makeup (not airbrushed) and my look was flawless all day and night. I cannot rave enough about how Studio B helped make my wedding day and wedding look perfect. Thank you again ladies!!! Xoxo Kelly

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Meg B

I used Studio B for hair and makeup for myself and my bridal party for my wedding in Providence this past October. Kristi and Kelly are so amazingly talented and a lot of fun to work with! The day of the wedding Kristi and Kelly were organized and efficient. My girls looked... Read More amazing and I was so happy with my hair and makeup. My hair did not move during the day and my make up stayed perfect, even through some tears :) I was so happy with my choice of Studio B for my wedding and would highly recommend them to anyone getting married in the RI area.

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Ashley D

From my trial to the big day, everything was perfect! My bridesmaids and mother were all extremely happy with the way their hair and makeup came out. Mallori was amazing during my trial, really listening to what I wanted and what I didn't really like. I looked flawless for the... Read More wedding and couldn't be happier!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Sheena H

I got married June 19, 2015 in Warwick, RI and I had Studio B do hair and make up for my wedding. The entire process was flawless. The entire staff was professional, personable, and went out of their way to make the glam process as easy as possible. The day of my wedding, the... Read More stylists traveled to the hotel where we were getting ready. The team did an amazing job with myself, bridesmaids, flower girls, and mothers of the bride and groom. Everyone was ready on time and in a relaxed environment. The whole bridal party got lots of compliments on the hair and make up. If you are looking for hair and make up for your wedding, I would look no further!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Sarah K

Studio B is a MUST when you are looking for perfection! The day of my wedding I was very sick and felt extremely drained, that didn't stop Kristi from making me feel absolutely beautiful and made me forget that I was even sick! My bridesmaids looked gorgeous with their hair and... Read More makeup, along with my flower girl . I've had the staff at Studio B also provide my hair and makeup for my engagement photos and when I saw how beautiful they came out I automatically knew I had to book them for my wedding! Thank you Kristi and the staff at Studio B for taking an extremely stressful day for myself and turning into my dream!

Loved My Makeup!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Celina M

Mallory at Studio B did a wonderful job making mine and my bridesmaid's makeup look beautiful. She was prompt, quick, and careful, and listened to all of our concerns. One of my bridesmaids was not feeling well that day, and she even touched up her makeup before she left. There... Read More was some confusion at the salon when I had my trial, but everything was fixed prior to my wedding day.

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Sarah I

I can't TELL you how many compliments I reviewed on my big day!!! I felt truly radiant, and Kristi was so flexible. I think the best part is after 4 trials I changed my whole look the day of - neither hair nor makeup were phased at all! I would absolutely recommend to anyone.... Read More You won't go wrong.