Candid Documentary Photography

I'm a self-proclaimed wedding industry skeptic, and yet, weddings are honestly still the most fun there is and each couples day is so fascinatingly unique to me. My goal, as a photographer, is to truly capture the individual spirit of your day. I'm not interested in making your day look like the every other wedding day we see online, instead, I prefer to capture your wedding day as it authentically is. There will be a ton of chaos, a little bit of quiet, most likely some stress, and a whole lot of relief, love, and excitement. And let me emphasize...I love the mess; sarcastic grandparents, drunk friends, crying parents, tired kids, pouring rain, a crazy dance floor; I'll take it all. I like to embrace the dynamics of the day, allowing it to unfold naturally and want you to have photographs

Artistic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Bridal Portraits, Engagement

Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Film Photography, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

Minnesota and beyond! (651) 900-3513

Reviewed on 11/13/2016 Matt H

AJ was perfect - no other way to say it. She spent time getting to know my husband and me so she knew exactly what we wanted. Then on the day she was exactly where we wanted her to be, but we never saw her - she blended right in and wasn't overly staged with us. She did her... Read More magic behind the scenes and photos turned out amazing. She found creative shots to help us capture all the little moments we wanted to remember. We would highly recommend AJ and plan on using her again if we ever need photos.

Reviewed on 2/03/2017 Meghan W

Honestly, I don' think I could rave enough about how amazing AJ is. From the beginning she worked with us to create a package that fit our need and budget. From there we were smitten, she met with us a few times to capture any specific shots we want, how we envision the day... Read More going and on the actual day does everything you could ever think of and more. Your photos are done so quickly and done so wonderfully you will be so happy with your decision like my husband and I were. Shes the best only way to put it! Thank you AJ!! Nick, Meg, & Fi

2017-02-03T18:24:00 Response from the vendor

Meghan you were all so wonderful! It was such an honor :)

Reviewed on 7/19/2016

AJ was fantastic to work with. She was very prompt on all of her communications and provided a variety of different methods to reach her. She made the whole process very professional, efficient and stressless. AJ captured our engagement in a perfect manner and her pictures... Read More turned out amazing. She made sure to let us enjoy the moments and capture them in a natural way, but she also directed us when it was needed to get that perfect picture. Hope that I can work with her in the future for any other occasion!

Reviewed on 7/29/2017 Jessica L

AJ was amazing!! We knew from the beginning that she was the photographer from us. She genuinely cared about our vision and capturing our day perfectly. During our wedding we had so many compliments from guests about her, how she was always running around capturing moments, and... Read More she was so lovely to talk to. Once we got our photos (about 1200 mind you!!) she was praised again from friends and family! We would highly recommend AJ at Studio Zu :) Her prices are great too!!

Reviewed on 7/27/2017 Ally P

Where do I even start? My groom and I had a small intimate wedding day in Minneapolis. AJ did such a wonderful job capturing our big day. Right from the beginning of our conversations, AJ was professional, timely, and easy to work with! Not too long before our wedding she made... Read More sure she knew the ins-and-outs of our day along with all of the formal photos we wanted captured. All of our formal pictures were executed beautifully, but done so in an organized and timely manner. She captured everything on our day including all the small details like my Grandma's cane, the floral centerpieces we worked on ourselves, and the drinks we picked out. We love all of the photos from our wedding day, but our favorites (and the ones we received most of) are the photos where AJ was capturing the moments of the day as they happened in a journalistic beautiful approach. Looking through our portfolio, we not only remember how everything looked, but AJ's photos remind us so wonderfully how we felt throughout the entire day. We would 100% recommend AJ to our family and friends, and all of you strangers out there on the internet! She is professional, artistic, and we can't thank her enough for capturing our day so beautifully.

Reviewed on 7/07/2017 Peter V

AJ is a professional. She met with us multiple times before our wedding to iron out all of the details and make sure that she was prepared. She had an itinerary for the day, and a list of the must have photos. We decided to schedule a videographer last minute, and AJ was the... Read More paragon of professionalism. She worked with the videographer to make sure that our day was captured by both mediums and nothing was sacrificed. AJ is trustworthy. Our wedding day was an absolute whirlwind. We did not have any time to think about what photos we needed or who we were missing. This did not matter because AJ had us covered. There was zero apprehension about whether or not our photos were going to turn out. We got to focus on celebrating with our guests and what a priceless gift that was. As our wedding day approached and the weather report all but guaranteed rain. Our friends and family told us that as long as we got married the day would be a success. We still had hoped that the weather would turn around. After the ceremony we started taking photos and AJ told us that she was so glad it was raining. She assured us that the rain would make the photos more romantic and the day more memorable. She was absolutely right. She turned our attitude around and we embraced the rain. We changed our photo location on the spot, and got indoor and outdoor scenes. For the reception, we had planned an outdoor dance floor without a backup plan. AJ’s optimism gave us the courage to dance in the rain and it was easily more fun and enchanting than any sunny day. AJ has all of the equipment. It rained all day on our wedding day. AJ was prepared. She came with all of her photo equipment, and many plastic coverings to keep her equipment safe. This allowed her to be fearless in pursuit of exquisite moments. AJ is a master of her craft. It is very plain to us after watching her photograph in such awful conditions, and then viewing the beautiful results, that AJ not only has the talent and passion, but also the practice and experience. AJ has put in the hours and know just what to do in any situation or environment. AJ captured our wedding day exactly how we remember it. She siphoned all of the magic and beauty through her camera lens, and gave it to us as an everlasting apparition.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016

AJ was absolutely wonderful throughout the entire process from the initial meeting to the day of. Smooth sailing the entire way! She (and her equally wonderful husband) was nothing short of professional in all aspects of our agreement. Her style of photography suited our needs... Read More perfectly. Her artistic eye was hard at work throughout the family photos, ceremony and reception. So many wonderful moments caught in such a unique and beautiful fashion. Our first look photos (which we weren't sure if we were going to do ) turned out to be absolutely incredible! They couldn't have turned out any better. Even amidst a wedding day hiccup, she was able to keep us moving along and get our family photos done in a timely manner. I would recommend her time and time again and I intend to every chance I get.

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Tatyana Z

We had beautiful engagement photos thanks to AJ!

Reviewed on 7/25/2016

Studio Zu was the perfect choice to capture our sweet backyard wedding. AJ was a pleasure to work with, excellent at communication, and was especially flexible with our non-traditional plans for the day. Her eye for color and ability to choose the perfect background while... Read More remaining professional in a difficult-to-manage backyard/urban setting was unbelievable. I literally cried when I saw our photos! She made our wedding day look like a dream! Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Ifeoma i

AJ has a unique and artistic point of view which she brings to her photography. She is a consummate professional who ensures that her client is satisfied

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Ifeoma i

Reviewed on 6/30/2016

We absolutely loved working with AJ and Studio Zu for our vow renewal photography. The style of photography she offers is one of a kind! Having AJ as our photographer, she was very professional, fun and even made my non-photogenic husband feel comfortable and we got some great... Read More moments captured!

Reviewed on 6/29/2016

My husband and I could not be happier with our wedding photos and our photographers from Studio Zu! AJ made the process so easy! She was professional, super responsive and so fun to work with. The payment process was super easy. My husband and I didn't really know what we... Read More wanted when it came to poses so AJ made some great recommendations and the results are just wonderful! Thank you AJ and Studio Zu!

AJ Tamari

My love of photography began 10 years ago in the darkroom. Over the years with my travels I've become a total nostalgia junkie, I hope to pass a bit of that on to you. I also believe that no two weddings are the same. It doesn't matter if the venue, caterer and flowers are the same as someone else. The experience of your day is yours and it is unique no matter what. It is my goal when photographing your wedding to show this. And it is my hope that when you look through your portfolio of photographs at the end of it all, you don't just see how your wedding day looked, but also how it felt!