Create your Personal Style

Wedding style is unique and personal. Make your special day amazing by having a hairstyle created individually for you. You will want a professional and experienced stylist to help you create the most amazing style for your day. This is your dream day...you deserve to look and feel your best!

Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Beauty

Serving Long Island, NY Serving Long Island (516) 528-4998

THE BEST!!

Reviewed on 11/03/2015 Sarah D

Tara was AMAZING to work with! I was referred to Tara by a friend and it felt like I was working with a friend the day of! I did my trial with Tara and she was also kind enough to let my mom and future MIL do a trial as well. The trial was amazing, she was able to show me 3... Read More different styles in an hour and also some of the accessories well in advance of my date. Some people have two trials to get an idea of what they want but with Tara, she had so many ideas/experience that she was able to show me a few ideas in our one appointment! It felt great moving forward with the wedding planning knowing I was in good hands with her! Tara also was really communicative leading up to the wedding. I had forgotten to get the clip that went with my dress and she lent me hers. The hair on the day of the wedding came out exceptional. I had 13 girls get their hair done and EVERYONE was beyond happy. The hair looked beautiful and I loved mine! Tara does beautiful work and I received many compliments, I was beyond thrilled with my hair and choosing Tara to work with. I also want to note that Tara stayed until I was in my dress and put my veil in, did touch ups and ensured I felt good. She didn't rush out and was genuinely interested in my happiness! The day of the wedding is definitely stressful but I had a blast with Tara, she kept me calm as well as my mom and kept the mood light. It felt like I was working with a friend, which is what you need the day of! I would highly recommend Tara and her services and definitely will be using her again in the future for other events! She is A++!

Reviewed on 3/07/2017 Meaghan B

Tara is an absolutely wonderful hair stylist. She did my hair, the bridal party's hair and my mom's hair for my wedding in October and I have nothing, but great things to say about her. She works fast and does beautiful work. She did the hair for 8 women and 1 flower girl.... Read More Every style had its own unique flair and totally matched everyones personality. Everyone was so happy with how their hair turned out and we got so many compliments. Not only are her styling skills amazing, but she has an equally amazing personality that helped me to stay calm and laughing all morning. I highly recommend Tara for your big day!

Best. Hair. Ever.

Reviewed on 8/27/2013 Kaitlin J

Tara is amazing! She made the entire experience from the trial to the actual day of preparations absolutely stress-free. Not only did she make my hair look better than I ever could have imagined, she did an excellent job with my Mom and my many bridesmaids (the 7 who decided to... Read More have their hair done for the wedding!). Further, there was a last minute addition who also was able to get her hair done at a moment's notice in time for the cars to take off for the church. I cannot recommend her enough for her talent, flexibility, personality, character, and professionalism through the whole process -- not to mention the value!

Reviewed on 7/23/2017 Vanessa S

Tara is a godsend and a breathe of fresh air. From the moment we met she had me at "hello". Literally! I love her energy- her fun yet calm and patient demeanor is just what I needed for my day! She was extremely patient yet excited to try various styles on me during my trials.... Read More If I said "I'm not sure" she would say "ok let's try other styles!" It was unbelievable. For the day of the wedding, all of my girls' hair lasted all night. I got so many compliments- even at the end of the night pple were saying how good my hair looked. My mom can be picky and anxious about how she looks and Tara was able to ease her concerns and give her exactly what she wanted! I appreciate all that Tara did for me and for bringing such a wonderful energy and positive spirit to the day! My girls kept on asking "where did you find her?" Bc they couldn't believe what a "homerun" she was! Thank you again!!

Reviewed on 6/24/2017 Kim L

Tara was amazing! She did an incredible job on all of the ladies in my party who had their hair done. She made me feel relaxed and calm and helped me enjoy my wedding day! She had great suggestions for all who asked and used fabulous products! I would definitely use Tara... Read More again for any event I have in the future. I also had her cut and blow out my hair for my engagement photo shoot and had my trial around New Years Eve so my hair looks fabulous for both!

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Rob K

Tara is AMAZING!!!!!! From the moment Tara got to the hotel for my wedding it was non-stop fun and laughter. She is super gifted and talented. She was able to do my hair, 7 bridesmaids, two moms and a flower girl in four and a half hours. She was able to do literally any style... Read More the girls wanted on a variety of types of hair of different ethnicities. She was honest and super hard working. I feel so lucky that I was able to have her for my wedding. She didn't leave until the limo got there constantly fixing and touching up everyones hair until the minute we left for the church. My hair withstood rain and hours of dancing thanks to her. She even helped the photographer with tons of shots with me an the flower girl, which she didn't have to do. Tara truly loves her job and is so good at it. She goes above and beyond to make the brides day amazing. I highly recommend her.

Reviewed on 6/08/2017 Leanne B

Tara is the best hair stylist out there, you must book her for your wedding! My hair trial with Tara exceeded my expectations in every way. I loved all the different ideas she showed me. Not only is she very talented but she has an awesome personality! Tara made myself, my... Read More bridesmaids, my mom, & flower girls look gorgeous on my wedding day! She stayed with us until the limo arrived, making sure our hair was perfect the whole time. Everyone loved their hair and loved having her around!!! Even the small things she did like offer to help get the flowers from the hotel lobby and giving my friend medicine made me feel like she wasn't just a hair stylist doing her job, she was a friend. At the wedding, we got so many compliments on our hair. No bride should be without Tara on their wedding day.

Reviewed on 6/01/2017 Vicki M

Tara style me AND all my bridesmaids to perfection!!! Everyone looked amazing and I absolutely LOVED how my hair looked! She was quick, efficient and fun to have around during the excitement of getting ready! And, she stayed until we left for touch ups so we all were... Read More picture-perfect! I HIGHLY recommend Tara for any wedding, formal, color, cut or other hair services!!!

Reviewed on 5/21/2017 Sarah P

Tara did my hair and my bridesmaid’s hair for my wedding day and she did a fantastic job, amazing!  Tara is very professional and personable, and very communicative throughout the entire process from booking the trial up to the day of my wedding.  I highly recommend choosing... Read More Tara for your big day! Thank you, Sarah

Reviewed on 3/07/2017 Samantha Z

I had reached out to Tara several times trying to set up a trial but never got any response back- dont waste your time reaching out

2017-03-11T20:19:44 Response from the vendor

My apologies Samantha...I never received one inquiry from you. Best wishes.

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Dana B

I don't even know where to start - Tara is exceptional! I happened to stumble upon her page on The Knot and thank God I did!! From the moment I met Tara, I loved her. She is a seasoned wedding stylist and that comes through in her work. I had no idea what I wanted so during my... Read More trial she did a few different looks for me to choose from. She also advised on how you might do your hair depending on the weather, something that hadn't even crossed my mind! To say she went above and beyond would be such an understatement. When it came to the day of, she was just amazing. All of my bridal party's hair looked stunning especially my own and the curls stayed in ALL DAY even through a ton a dancing. I loved Tara so much that now I go to her for all of my hair styling needs. I would highly recommend her!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Gina F

I found Tara on Wedding Wire, and I am so glad I did! Not only is she the BEST hair stylist, but she's an amazing person! We clicked when I met her for the first time at my trial. I continued to see her throughout the year for coloring and cuts. All I wanted on my wedding day... Read More was to be pampered at home. Tara came with everything and more than I could have imagined. Everyone loved her! My hair and all of my girls came out perfect, and stayed put for the entire night. She understood the exact look everyone was going for, and made it come to life better than any pictures we showed her! I can't say enough about how wonderful she is, and how easy she made everything. She was punctual, extremely helpful, and stayed with us until we got on the bus to leave for church. I'll recommend her to everyone, and look forward to future events where I can use her!

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Christina F

Those who know me know that I was in no way a "Bridezilla". However, I could not find anybody to do my hair the way I wanted it. I had five different hair trials (which go for $75-$100 a pop!) and I left crying after every single one. My sister's hairdresser recommended Tara and... Read More said she is the BEST. She trains hairdressers in all different studios on Bridal Hair and has made Bridal her full time job for the most part. I met her, loved her and of course she created two beautiful hair styles on me. I couldn't decide! Instead of crying, I was beaming! The day of the wedding was the same. She made my bridesmaids and I look like celebrities. My husband always says how gorgeous we all looked. She really saved the day. You need to have her!

Reviewed on 8/11/2016 K

I was so happy that I chose Tara to do the hair for myself and my bridal party for my wedding. She was so great to work with during the trial, allowing me to see a few different options based on the pictures that I brought her until we found one that I loved. The day of the... Read More wedding, she arrived early with a smile and great energy. She worked really well with everyone in my party, making any minor adjustments they wanted and working off the pictures they brought. She made sure to stay until we left the hotel, making touch ups until the last minute and took some great getting ready photos for us before the photographers arrived! She was super prepared and helpful, even having a command hook ready to help hang up my dress! Although the weather (wind and humidity) were not on our side, everyone's hair still looked beautiful by the end of the night. Would highly recommend Tara to any future brides!

Reviewed on 8/05/2016 Jaclyn Q

I truly can't speak highly enough of Tara - both her talent and her personality! When I first met Tara, I was instantly impressed by her incredible abilities and how quickly she "got" what I was looking for - especially considering I really didn't know what I was looking for! I... Read More had met with three other stylists before finding her, and none of them seemed to be able to work with my baby fine hair and complete lack of direction. Tara was patient, confident, incredibly skilled, and ridiculously hilarious. I never felt rushed, uncomfortable, or like I was a pain in the butt. On my wedding day Tara single handedly styled myself and NINE other women. She kept us laughing the entire time, and every single girl was beyond thrilled with their hair. Not only was Tara the best hairstylist I have ever worked with - and I am basically Katherine Heigl in 27 dresses - but she truly and genuinely cares about every bride she handles. She made me feel beautiful and relaxed on my wedding day, and I can't thank her enough for that.

Reviewed on 7/14/2016 Katie M

Tara was amazing!! From the start she made me feel at ease even with so much going on. She was extremely responsive and flexible with everything. I was stressed about how I was going to do my hair the day of the wedding and I was so so so happy with how it came out! Even my... Read More husband on our honeymoon said out of no where how he liked my hair :) All of my bridesmaids hair came out great as well. Highly recommend Tara if we you are looking for a professional, responsive, caring, and trustworthy hair stylist...she is great at her job and does excellent work!

Reviewed on 11/03/2015 Kimberly S

Where do I begin!?! Tara was my life saver from the day I met her for my first hair trial! If there were 2 things I was nervous about for my wedding day it was how my hair and makeup were going to come out. I would categorize myself as a bit picky when it comes to this probably... Read More because I like to do my own hair and makeup so giving someone else control of this was scary for me. As soon as I walked into the salon and met Tara I had this feeling of relief. Her personality and how much she loves what she does shines. She is extremely knowledgeable and has years of experience. I loved her so much I started going to her to cut and dye my hair months before the wedding. It was almost an hour drive for me, but totally worth. I have dark brown hair (which doesn't show as much dimension in pictures with an updo. Tara suggested some highlights. Again I was hesitant. I usually don't like highlights because of the maintenance. But I trusted her and she put just enough to show in my updo but not too many that it was hard to maintain. I could literally go on and on about how wonderful she is. She helped make the morning of my wedding FUN, stress free and we shared lots of laughs! You will not go wrong booking Tara I promise!!

Reviewed on 11/02/2015 Agatha K

I really cannot rave enough about Tara! She did a phenomenal job on my hair and bridal party. I've been in several weddings and she is definitely the best stylist I've worked with. From professionalism to creativity to speed, you really will not be disappointed!

Excellent Hair

Reviewed on 7/19/2015 Zina S

She did a great job helping pull my look together, and all my girls looked great! Also, very reasonable prices!

Wedding hair

Reviewed on 7/09/2015 Lauren M

I cannot say enough about Tara. I had two trials with her before my wedding and she was able to take picture I had and make it into a masterpiece! She was super calm and friendly to my whole bridal party the day of the wedding. I was so impressed with how everyone's hair turned... Read More out. I got so many complements all night and people asking me for her number. So glad I picked Tara!

More than hair!

Reviewed on 4/14/2015

Tara is amazing! She did an amazing job on my hair as well as my bridesmaids hair. She also made sure I was relaxed and happy which is more than I could have asked for on my wedding day! Thank you Tara!

An Extremely Satisfied Client!

Reviewed on 9/16/2014 Gina H

Tara was my hair stylist for my August, 2014 wedding. She also styled my mother, friend of the family, and 5 of my bridesmaid's hair. She was absolutely AMAZING! Tara is incredibly talented and creative. She successfully created each and everyone of our visions (all 8 of us). I... Read More can honestly say that each of us were extremely happy with our hair! Not only is Tara great at styling hair but she is extremely personable and professional. She arrived on time and checked in with me several times leading up to my wedding. Tara made me feel at ease and excited with emails and sweet texts. In addition, she stayed at my house touching up everyone's hair right until we had to jump in the limos. I highly recommend Tara!!! If you are looking for a talented, creative hairstylist who makes you look and feel beautiful, use Tara!!!

WOW WOW WOW, Tara does beautiful work!!!

Reviewed on 6/25/2014 Sandi V

I really don’t think I could have dreamt that my hair would look as amazing as it did on my wedding day. In addition to my up-do, Tara did all of my bridesmaids and maid of honor, which accounted for six other people. She got to the Fox Hollow early and didn’t leave until we... Read More were all in our dresses and she had perfected our styles. She helped place my veil and made me look gorgeous. In addition to this, she was super nice and friendly. I received compliments from so many guests specifically about my hair. They just couldn’t believe how fantastic the curls looked with the hair embellishment and the sweeping side style. I wish I could wear my hair like that every day!!! Tara is a true professional at what she does – she understands the timing of wedding days, how to make everyone comfortable, what looks good on a person, how to suggest hairstyles and best of all, she makes absolutely stunning hair styles. Thank you Tara for making my wedding day hair completely perfect!!!!!!!!!!!

Style by Tara- amazing job!

Reviewed on 11/11/2013 Lisa R

Working with Tara was an absolute wonderful experience! She was professional, and did an amazing job with everyone's hair. She has an awesome personality, and was a pleasure to work with. I would highly recommend her for any event.

Love Style by Tara

Reviewed on 9/12/2013 NICHOLE C

Tara was amazing from start to finish! She encompasses everything a bride is looking for in her wedding day hair stylist: responsive, professional, talented, creative and such a warm personality. I wish I could post a picture on here for you all to view. I will definitely be... Read More using Tara in the future for all my special event hair needs, and recommending her to my friends and family.