You do this once...we do it every day.

You do this once...we do it every day. Our passion is planning. As your wedding planners we'll keep you on track and on budget. We'll work with you to transform your ideas into reality. We'll be your confidant, your friend, and someone to bounce ideas off of when you need an honest opinion!

Engagement Party, Bridal Shower, Rehearsal Dinner, Rehearsals + Parties

Destination Weddings, Budgeting, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

Lancaster, PA (717) 669-1961

Reviewed on 6/23/2016

I just don't even know how to begin this review...I knew in the months ahead of time that the engagement was going to take place. So I started to consider having a wedding planner throughout the entire process and did my research. In my decision making, it came down between... Read More Stylish O and another wedding planning company in the area. There were several things that really stood out to me about Stylish O over the other business, which were the following: 1) Melissa's experience in the industry and 2) the pricing. I really liked the fact that Stylish O offered packages, instead of just the ala carte, which could potentially add up very fast. Flash forward to the weekend after the engagement, my now-husband, my parents, and myself are meeting with Melissa for the first time. We were immediately impressed with her demeanor; she was very calm, organized, outgoing, and a phenomenal listener. I believe that we may have hired her right on the spot! During the next 13 months, she was extremely responsive, kept us in budget with itemized costs, met with us to tour potential venues/vendors, agreed to interface when I encountered a significant problem with a hired vendor for the remaining involved time, offered great suggestions when it came to the decor, and all with a smile on her face! She made all of our wedding dreams come true! She was present at the rehearsal and made suggestions as to where people should stand. On the day of the wedding, things ran seamlessly and all because of her! She would run the flowers from the church to the reception venue, made sure that the marriage license was brought to the church after I forgot it, and was there to help tear down at the end of the night. In the days before the wedding, she drove to a nearby city to pick up a rented sign for us to use at the reception. If it was not for her expertise and care, I have no doubt that our wedding would have been significantly different. She made it, "pop" and stand out from all the rest. She was there during every step of the planning process and every part of the wedding day. While I was very sad to see this part of our relationship end, I am thrilled to find that a friendship between she and I has started! She is just a beautiful person from the inside and out and truly takes pride in her craftsmanship.

2017-02-10T12:01:26 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words, Miriah! It was such a pleasure working with you, Paul, and your family and am so glad we continue to keep in touch!

Reviewed on 7/07/2015 Kristen M

Where to start? Melissa and her team are absolutely amazing. As a bride currently living in California, I was extremely nervous about hiring a wedding planner that I had never met. But, I can say with 100% confidence that selecting Melissa to be my wedding planner was the... Read More best decision I made throughout the entire wedding process. I wouldn't say I am "difficult", but I know what I like and I tend to make decisions very last minute (hence why I'm writing this review months after my wedding - sorry Melissa!!). Neither of these less than ideal qualities flustered Melissa. She's very quick. She learned my style right away and was able to select the best vendors and give suggestions that would complement my specific vision. She understood my busy schedule and was able to manage my last minute requests and numerous meetings with my mom. The list goes on about how thankful I am for Melissa, but I have to stress that the number one thing that I loved most about working with her was her calm demeanor. The last thing a bride needs on her special day is a wedding planner who is all over the place and stressed out. Melissa handled everything with ease, showing not a single ounce of worry. Because she was prepared and quick on her feet, I was able to put my full attention on enjoying my night with my husband, friends, and family. That is something that you can't put a price on. Thank you, Melissa from both Ryan and me. We couldn't have done it without you!

2017-02-10T12:02:38 Response from the vendor

Thank you Kristen! You were all great to work with and your wedding day turned out great! I'm glad I was able to keep you calm, especially on the wedding day!

We couldn't have chosen anyone better!

Reviewed on 10/24/2014 Erica M

After doing some research, my FH and I decided that it would be a good idea to have a wedding planner just for the day of. We thought we'd handle everything up until then, and then someone else conduct our circus for the day. Then we started doing research for venues,... Read More caterers, etc, and we decided we needed a bit more help. I actually found Melissa's card in a stack of client cards I had accumulated at work. I checked her out, along with some others. But I kept coming back to StylishO because she was very detailed about the services she would/could provide. It wasn't just "day of coordination" that I had seen elsewhere. So we sat down with Melissa, and it was by far the best wedding planning decision we made! She kindly let us dump all of our ideas and emotions, then she sat back and took stock. She created a custom package for us that included not only day-of coordination, but specific things along the way, such as assistance in finding a venue, looking over contracts, vendor referrals, and more. And then Melissa and her team went above and beyond. She gave us info on vendors if she had it, and if she didn't, she got the information and passed it along. She set up appointments for us, and was a voice of reason (and a reality check) amidst the chaos. And she always had a good attitude. Sometimes I felt like maybe I was asking too much, but she always said "no problem, let me look into that", or "I'll get that right over to you". We also appreciated Melissa's honesty, and the fact that she really grasped that it was OUR wedding. When planning a wedding, you get opinions and advice from everyone and their mother about how you should do things. In the end, it needs to be what YOU want, otherwise it's not yours. Melissa knows this; she is great at giving you options, but the choice is always yours. If she thought we may be straying from our budget or our wedding vision, she would ask questions, or give us some alternatives to keep us on track (believe me, you'll need a reality check every now and then!). But if we were set on something, then she rolled with it. I could go on and on! Melissa and her team are just outstanding! They are honest, good communicators, and timely with their communication. The cost for them was not a bill...it was an investment. And it was the best investment we made in the planning! Our wedding day, the one we worked so hard for, was just fantastic. When the girls were getting ready for the ceremony, the photographer (a fantastic referral from Melissa!) commented that I was "way too calm". But at that point, I didn't have anything to worry about! Melissa had all the details handled, I didn't have to worry about anything, and I was simply able to relax and enjoy the day, which was the whole point of having a wedding planner! The only stress moment I had that day was when we had to print directions to the reception and make copies at the last minute. But Melissa said "let me take care of that", and I knew instantly that it would be done, and everything would be fine. And you can't ask for anything more than that! StylishO says "You do this once. We do this everyday". So very true, and so very obvious! On your wedding day, you'll be thankful you chose Melissa and her team at StylishO!

2017-02-10T12:04:23 Response from the vendor

Thanks Erica! So happy I could help you find all the perfect vendors and make the planning process smooth. And that you were able to stay "way too calm"!

Reviewed on 3/23/2017 Lara D

I am not exaggerating when I say Melissa is a lifesaver. If not for her, we would never have been able to have such a special and truly memorable day. I am, to put it mildly, a terrible planner and a true procrastinator. Melissa kept us on schedule and her recommendations were... Read More completely in line with our ideas (even when we were a little vague on what we wanted). She even suggested things that I had not even considered, but were truly perfect touches that added so much to our day. Our wedding and reception went exactly as planned, down to the smallest detail. Melissa is also extremely versatile. My sister, who wanted a wedding that was essentially the polar opposite of ours, also engaged Melissa's help. Unsurprisingly, her wedding was also exactly as she wanted it and absolutely perfect for her and her new husband. I'd absolutely recommend Melissa to anyone.

2017-03-23T09:45:04 Response from the vendor

Thank you Lara!! It was great working with you (and your family) on your wedding! I'm so glad we were able to incorporate your touches (loved the teapots!!) and keep it different from your sisters!

Reviewed on 3/07/2017 Sara H

Casey R. was so helpful and organized on our wedding day. I knew I could count on her to make sure all the details came together. Prior to the wedding, she met with my family and I twice. She internalized everything we explained to her which wasn't an easy task, as my wedding... Read More was a traditional jewish wedding with many aspects. I am so lucky that I found her!! Thanks Casey and Styligh Occasions Wedding and Event Planning!

Reviewed on 2/17/2017 Alyssa R

Outstanding! Highly recommend!!! Melissa was a lifesaver! We booked Melissa for a day-of coordinator and she did SO much more than just coordinate the day of! In the month leading up to our wedding day, she created a timeline for our wedding day, went with my husband and me to... Read More the final walk-through at our venue, and confirmed all of our vendors. And the following day, she even delivered our leftover centerpieces to the nursing home where my husband’s grandmother lives because we hated the idea of throwing away those beautiful flowers! Seriously, she was amazing. Melissa responded to my emails quickly and gave me several vendor referrals throughout the process. She was very professional, organized, and detail-oriented, and at the same time very sweet and relatable, giving me complete confidence that not only did she “get” me and my vision for our wedding day, but that she would make sure everything was perfect on the day of. And she did just that! My husband and I were able to enjoy our wedding day completely stress-free knowing that Melissa had everything under control. She was an absolute dream to work with, and if I had to do it all over again, I would have invested in her full wedding planning package! I honestly can’t say enough good things about our experience! Thank you Melissa and StylishO!!!

2017-02-24T10:40:56 Response from the vendor

Thanks Alyssa! It was a pleasure working with you and Dan! Everything was beautiful!

Reviewed on 2/13/2017 Meryl K

When my daughter asked Melissa to be our wedding planner, based on many positive recommendations from her friends, I realized it was just what we needed; we were not planning a wedding in our home town. I did a little research and learned that Melissa had been a mortgage banker;... Read More to do that job well, she would need to be super organized, goal centered and focused on details. Melissa demonstrated these qualities throughout the wedding preparations and especially on the day of the wedding. She provided resources that included wedding venues, flowers, make-up artists, hairdressers, photographers, transportation, dress makers, lighting, catering, accommodation for out of town guests and venues for a rehearsal dinner and brunch the day following the wedding. My daughter and son-in-law had a very unique vision for their wedding; it needed to be casual, with great food, beer and games! Melissa facilitated the materialization of their dream wedding. She found the location that they chose that was delightful but it needed everything from dishes to lighting. On the day of the wedding, there were numerous vendors to coordinate, and, as the ceremony and rehearsal were in the same location, Melissa was responsible for moving furniture and games during the event too. The wedding day went off flawlessly. I attribute this largely to Melissa’s excellent attention to detail. In addition, Melissa’s calm demeanor, endless patience, genuine kindness, caring and concern served as a great comfort to us all. Thank you again, Melissa!

2017-02-24T10:41:32 Response from the vendor

Thank you Meryl! I truly enjoyed working with you to plan Lara's wedding! Thank you for the kind words!

Reviewed on 2/13/2017 Ginger L

With two daughters deciding to get married six weeks apart, I was in a panic. How could we possibly have two very different weddings (one at a venue and the other at home) and manage to make it wonderful for both couples? Melissa came to the rescue! First, she made sure that the... Read More two couples really took ownership of all the decision making, and sent plenty of reminders when anyone fell behind. Her knowledge of local vendors is unrivaled and we were able to make great choices for photographers, florists and caterers. It was so convenient to have someone other than the MOB be the go-to person for all the small and large issues that came up. This was particularly true the day of -- I was able to relax and really enjoy the moment at each wedding, knowing that all details of the ceremonies and receptions were attended to and that our guests were all being taken care of by Melissa and crew. It was definitely worth spending the money on wedding planning so the family could all really be part of the fun!

2017-02-24T10:42:09 Response from the vendor

Thanks Ginger! You survived two weddings!! Both were fantastic, yet so different! It was a pleasure working with all of you!

Reviewed on 2/09/2017 Elisabeth J

Melissa was one of the best decisions we made during our wedding planning process. Hiring Melissa and her team was actually a gift for my mother so I could make sure she enjoyed the day and wasn't worrying about anything other than having fun. Melissa had everything under... Read More control and popped up exactly when I needed her and was behind the scenes taking care of issues without my knowledge. Melissa and her assistants were just fantastic and extremely affordable. She offers a range of services and I was so happy we found her for our "day of" planning needs!

2017-02-10T12:05:27 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the kind words Liz! And happy I was able to help and to keep your mom from worrying! It was a great day!

Reviewed on 2/04/2017 Erika W

Stylish Occasions is amazing! We used Melissa as our Day of Wedding Coordinator. We did not plan on using a day of coordinator but our wedding venue required it. I am so glad they did because Melissa was so helpful! Melissa met with us very early in the planning process and... Read More within minutes of sitting down with her, we knew that we wanted to work with her. She is outgoing, friendly, organized and prompt. Here are some reasons our experience with Stylish O exceeded our expectations: We really wanted our friend to marry us and Melissa recommended that we do a self uniting marriage. We did not know much about this type of ceremony but Melissa was quick to inform us. Melissa was very knowledgeable about the process and was very positive and encouraging about doing this type of wedding. Throughout the planning process, I had a lot of questions. I e-mailed Melissa a lot! She was very quick to respond. When I struggled to find a photographer in our price range, Melissa knew exactly who to call. We ended up going with Melissa's recommendation and our pictures are beautiful! I cannot rave enough about Melissa and her assistant, Sabrina, on the day of our wedding. Melissa and Sabrina arrived to the venue early and set up all of the decorations. When something I wanted done didn't look right, they came up with their own ideas and ran them by me before the wedding. Their ideas were amazing. I walked into my reception and everything was better than I imagined it to be. Stylish Occasions really helped to make our wedding stay stress free and enjoyable. Every time I needed something, they were right there. When my dress was falling out of the bustle, Melissa was there with safety pins to fix it! I would absolutely recommend going with Stylish Occasions for your wedding planning/coordination needs.

2017-02-10T12:06:22 Response from the vendor

It was so great to work with you and Matt, Erika! And I'm happy I was able to answer your questions throughout the planning process. All your hard word came together great and it was a gorgeous day!

Reviewed on 1/26/2017 Alex P

Melissa was the absolute best. I could never have imagined getting through the process of getting married without her help. She made every challenge manageable, helped find and present us options, and took so much of the stress out of planning the wedding. On the day itself she... Read More was ever present, and made sure that we could enjoy the day rather than stressing the details. Nothing phased her, and given the number of little small personal geeky and nerdy touches we included in our wedding we gave her a very challenging to do list! It was executed to perfection. If you are planning to get married in central Pennsylvania and thinking about a wedding planner, don't hesitate to book Stylish Occasions. You will not regret it. They helped make the happiest day of our lives even better.

2017-02-10T12:06:58 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind review!

Reviewed on 1/05/2017 Kathy S

When my daughter told me she getting married 1,000 miles away from where I lived, I was excited and nervous simultaneously. She was my first daughter to get married and I did not know the ins and outs of wedding planning. Initially my daughter thought she could handle all of... Read More it. I told her I believed that was a big mistake, especially because I wasn't there to help on a daily basis. We both agreed it would be beneficial if she hired a wedding planner. In walked Katie Slauch and all of my worries evaporated. Katie was able to provide my daughter with advise and insight that was truly needed. My daughter had done a lot of the initial legwork but as the wedding drew closer, Katie took over more and more of the responsibilities so my daughter could instead focus on her big day. I did not meet Katie until the wedding day. She did such a fantastic job with both the big picture and the smallest of details. My daughter got to enjoy the best day of her life and I in turn was able to be there to enjoy it too. Katie was such a blessing for us. I hate to imagine what the wedding would have been like without her.

2017-02-10T12:09:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind words, Kathy! We love hearing from our mothers of the bride! Katie really enjoyed working with you all!

Reviewed on 1/04/2017 Kristen K

When we first started planning our wedding, I wasn't entirely sure if I should hire a wedding coordinator. I knew that it would help our day run smoothly but the pricing of many in the area seemed high. I decided to set up a meeting with Melissa and I am so happy that I did! She... Read More was much more reasonably priced than some of the other planners in the area and even though we were only able to speak over Skype until the day of my rehearsal dinner, she was so friendly and helpful! I remember Melissa telling me that if there was a crisis on my wedding day and I knew about it, then she wasn't doing her job. Well she did her job and more because everything was beautiful and ran smoothly, which is more than I could have asked for or expected. I highly recommend Melissa!

2017-02-10T12:10:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you Kristen! It was a pleasure working with you and Duane!

Reviewed on 12/30/2016 Melissa K

Having watched many brides struggle to manage the small details and logistics on their wedding day with actually being a bride, I knew I wanted to have a day-of coordinator to help make my day run smoothly and be the main “go-to” person so my mother and/or I didn’t have to play... Read More that role. We found Melissa via online reviews and thought she would do an excellent job providing this support on the wedding day. What we didn’t expect was that she did so much more! Melissa worked closely with me throughout the entire wedding process, but especially the weeks leading up to the big day in September. She handled coordinating all of our confirmations with vendors and working through a detailed timeline. I had underestimated the amount of time and back-and-forth that would take but Melissa took charge and was an absolute angel at taking that stress out of that part of the process! She also made suggestions that I had failed to consider when planning out a rough timeline. IN my opinion, she way over-delivered and was one of the best decisions we made when planning the wedding. You must hire her!

2017-02-10T12:12:12 Response from the vendor

Thank you Melissa! It was great to work with you and Marc and of course your mom! Your wedding turned out gorgeous and I still tell people about your escort card display...possibly my favorite so far!

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Carly D

I was an out of town bride that booked a venue in the Lancaster Pa area. After researching online for wedding planners in this particular area, I came across Melissa and we set up a date to meet in person. From that first meeting I felt like Melissa was the perfect fit for my... Read More husband and I and helping us in this process! She was a tremendous help throughout the year and a half of planning! She recommended all of our vendors that we hired and every single one was amazing. I completely trusted her judgment and every vendor she set us up with was lovely and so easy to work with. Melissa is very organized, kept us on track and was always there for us. The day of my wedding was completely stress free because I knew Melissa was there handling everything, even down to the most minor of details. In the end, everything turned out beautifully and I couldn't have done it without the help of Melissa! She truly is the best!

2017-02-10T12:14:47 Response from the vendor

Thanks Carly! You and Keith were great to work with! And your wedding turned out gorgeous...with all the hanging fabric, candles, suspended cake...loved the photos! And you were such a sweet couple!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Natalie N

We used Melissa as Day of Coordination for our June wedding. A few days before our date, the weather started taking a downturn. Melissa was there to answer many phone calls and help us arrive at a decision for our rain back-up plan. Luckily, it didn't rain but Melissa was there... Read More to put me at ease. It was also important to me that my grandmothers were given extra attention. Melissa took this seriously, working to ensure our venue's golf cart got them from our outdoor reception area to the reception and their transportation following the reception. On top of everything, Melissa has a wonderful personality. She is kind and genuinely wants you to be happy. I also found her pricing to be very reasonable.

2017-02-10T12:15:10 Response from the vendor

Thank you Natalie! It was great working with you and Sal!

Reviewed on 10/14/2016

Melissa is a 5 star Wedding Planner! My daughter who lives in Italy got married here in Lancaster County PA this past May. Planning a wedding with the Bride and Groom overseas is a challenge in itself. Melissa was AMAZING. She just does it all. The woman has the patience of a... Read More saint. I will admit I was a mother of the Bride that initially didn't think a wedding planner was necessary. Boy was I wrong! I now know that we could not have done it without Melissa and her team. There is so much to planning a wedding that I didn't know. If you are looking at Wedding planners look no further- Stylish Occasions is the best choice!! This is the first review I have written for anyone ever. I am just so thankful for how perfect she made my daughters wedding I want everyone to know. I would give 6 stars but it wasn't an option!!

2017-02-13T12:11:53 Response from the vendor

Thank you Christine! It was so great working with you to plan Kayla's wedding! I still think she should have done it in Italy (with me planning of course...) but this was just as good!! Turned out gorgeous!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Caitlin T

Melissa was such a joy to work with in the days leading up to our wedding and the day of. Melissa was able to help us pull everything together, she went above and way beyond what we ever expected and made our day amazing. My husband and I were able to sit back, relax and enjoy... Read More the day and events as they unfolded without any worry about all the vendors, plans, set ups, etc. I would recommend Melissa to anyone and everyone! A true pleasure to have met, worked with and to have shared our special day with!

2017-02-13T12:12:47 Response from the vendor

Thank you Caitlin! It was great working with you and Bryan!

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Kristen B

The wedding coordinators were SOOOOO helpful and thwy were always there whenever I needed assistance with something. They would help me get what I want at my budget and I can't say enough good stuff about them! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS VENDOR!

2017-02-13T12:13:04 Response from the vendor

Thank you!

Reviewed on 9/19/2016

I cannot express how integral Katie and her team were to making our wedding a reality. I knew that with Katie I had someone as invested in the wedding as I was. Every detail went smoothly thanks to her and I could not have been happier. If you are planning a large wedding, do... Read More not do it without Katie there! Life saver.

2017-02-13T12:13:35 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the nice words about Katie! She loved working with you!

Reviewed on 8/09/2016 Deb M

Casey from Sylish Occasions helped me for the month of my wedding. During the month before, she was available whenever I needed her to answer questions or solve little problems. On the wedding weekend, she made me feel very at ease during the rehearsal dinner right up to the... Read More moments before walking down the aisle. She helped whenever she could, even helping to clean up a little after at the reception. I cannot recommend a wedding planner highly enough, and Casey was just fabulous!

2017-02-13T12:14:14 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the nice words, Deb! Casey loved working with you and Ethan!

Reviewed on 8/04/2016 Kristin L

We are so glad we went with Casey for our day of coordinator. She helped make our day absolutely wonderful even with the rain. She has the patience of a saint to deal with my family and bridal party, and she was always one step ahead of me which made our day run so smoothly. I... Read More would absolutely recommend her to any couple!

2017-02-13T12:15:11 Response from the vendor

Thank you Kristin! Casey enjoyed working with you!

Reviewed on 6/19/2016

Melissa is simply fabulous!! Some would say we were crazy to hire a wedding planner for our small, intimate, second wedding. We'd say your foolish if you don't. We'd both been there did that the first time around, but being busy professionals there just was not enough time.... Read More Melissa got us to the alter in 5 months! We truly appreciated Melissa giving the time and attention to make our day special! She was with us from beginning of planning until the end of our celebration and we welcomed her every step of the way!!

2017-02-13T12:16:16 Response from the vendor

Oh Carolyn! We loved working with you and Steve, even in that short period! So glad we were able to find you the perfect venue and vendors and pull it all together in less than 5 months! It was beautiful!

Reviewed on 6/13/2016 Blair L

Working with Katie was one of the best decisions I made when planning my wedding. My goal was to find someone who would guarantee that my wedding party and I didn't have to worry about anything the weekend of my wedding. She far exceeded these expectations. I was able to enjoy... Read More every second of the best day of my life and never had to "take care" of anything. Katie was easy to work with, relaxed, and kept everything running smoothly. We had to work with last minute weather restrictions and she made me feel at ease through all of the potential stress. I would highly recommend StylishO to any of my closest friends and family.

2017-02-13T12:17:18 Response from the vendor

Thank you Blair! So glad to hear Katie helped you to enjoy your wedding day!

Reviewed on 6/11/2016

Katie and her team were absolutely wonderful! Katie is very knowledgeable about virtually every aspect of weddings. Katie had literally everything organized and kept me on my toes to make sure everything was completed on time. She gave great advice and worked very hard to give... Read More my husband and I the wedding we've always dreamed of. She even loaded all our gifts into our car during the reception so we wouldn't have to afterwards. I couldn't have had the amazing wedding without Katie's help and dedication! This was worth every penny!

2017-02-13T12:18:22 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words about Katie!

Melissa Martin

My loves are my 9yr old mini me, hot tea, PB cups, and seeing the look on the groom’s face when he first sees his beautiful bride. I cry a little (sometimes a lot) at each wedding. I keep in touch with a lot of my brides after their wedding and am proud to call them my friends. I am a very positive person. I have been through a lot (I’ve beaten cancer twice) and I know life is short so you should do your best to enjoy it! In my past life I was a mortgage banker. This made me a very detailed person and I am used to working on deadlines and under pressure. I love checklists and budgets!