Stylus SE - The Perfect Party Starts Here

The Perfect Solution for the Modern Couple - Stylus SE features Marquee DJs and Event Experts who help create moments & memories that last a lifetime.

$$$$ – Expensive

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Arabic, Indian, Klezmer, Latin, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Wedding

North Carolina & Destination Events (919) 346-4669

Reviewed on 2/03/2017 Devon S

Jenni and Freddie were absolutely AMAZING!! Their friendly attitudes and skills and knowledge when it comes to music and weddings/events are something you can't put a price on! Such a wonderful decision we made having them at our wedding as our DJ's! LOVE THEM!!!

2017-03-14T13:29:14 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much Devon & Greg! We had a great time and LOVED the special details you included (#chucksFTW!).

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Andrew W

Jason made our wedding reception an unbelievable experience. All of our guests had a great time and when they talk about the great time they had, they always tell us: "your DJ was incredible!!!" and they always ask about him. Jason was so friendly and hilarious and he created... Read More such a fun and memorable environment for everyone in attendance. He played to the crowd very well and gave this groom and his bride an incredible experience that we will never forget. When we met with Jason before our wedding, he was extremely receptive and easy to get along with. The show he put on for our reception was even better than what we asked for. This is a guy who knows how to deliver and knows how to play to a crowd. He is an extremely talented at what he does, and yet so approachable and easy-going. He got along so well with us, our guests, and the staff at our venue. Everybody loved him! I have recommended Jason to all of my friends and family who are getting married and I definitely recommend him to you. If you want a DJ that will create an incredible experience at your wedding reception, Jason is your guy.

2017-03-14T13:33:07 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Andrew & Hilary! I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. I had as much fun as your guests did! Not only did you make the night special with uplighting and your GOBO, but you put so much... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Marlie L

We were so happy to have DJ Proto J at our wedding! Every transition was perfect, and people were truly on the dance floor for every second that they could be. The party was kept alive all night and we got tons of complements from our guests about the music and atmosphere!

2017-03-14T13:48:49 Response from the vendor

J & M - I loved working with you (and your dad!) to help make your wedding day something your guests would talk about for years to come! You really put a lot of thought into making it great and you threw such a stellar... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/10/2017 Kim C

Jason was the DJ at our wedding and he did an AMAZING job!! He did a great job at honoring all of our requests. He is a pro at his job; he knows exactly what songs to play next to keep the crowd pumped up. There was never a dull moment at our wedding because of him! Let's... Read More just say that if your guests are lifting you and your husband up on chairs on the dance floor during the last song, you know your guests are enjoying the DJ :)

2017-03-14T13:53:32 Response from the vendor

Kim - I'm honored that you wrote this review over a year after your event and remember everything so clearly - that speaks to the quality of the experience but also your wonderful memories. Thank you so much for inviting me to help share in... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/09/2017 L-n-L O

Eric 'Animal' Mills was the DJ/MC for our wedding. He did an excellent job and was able to read a very diverse crowd and get everyone up and dancing. Stylus as a company and Eric as our DJ were top notch. People told us it was one of the funnest weddings they had ever... Read More attended... Thank you!!

2017-03-14T13:34:09 Response from the vendor

Thanks guys! I had a blast too - we'll see you for the anniversary party!

Reviewed on 1/03/2017 Meghan D

Eric was great and really guided us through the music selection process for our wedding. We were pretty clueless when it came to picking songs for our entire event (outside of our favorite dance songs!) and his recommendations of Vitamin String Quartet and Post Modern Jukebox... Read More really helped make the day great, so much so that we had others ask to use them. Our only complaints would be that our mikes were a bit staticky in our outside venue due to wind and a couple of our favorite songs did not get played until very late in the night after a reminder, but those are really small nitpicks. I'd recommend Eric and Stylus to anyone in the NC area who needed kick-ass wedding DJs!

2017-03-14T13:39:24 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for sharing your review! Sometimes there's not much to do when it's that windy, it's all about which way the wind's coming from, but we do everything we can to try and deliver on your vision. We'll sometimes try to save some... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/01/2017 Lamya K

Eric was the DJ for our wedding which was at the Museum of Natural Science in Raleigh and he did a fantastic job! From the very beginning, Stylus was very easy to work with and paid special attention to our requests and what we wanted throughout the night. During our wedding,... Read More we could not drag people off the dance floor! The floor was absolutely packed and our guests of all ages were enjoying Eric's music! Eric had a great vibe all night and he also did a fantastic job as a DJ and making sure everything was transitioning smoothly. We had particularly unconventional requests in terms of the order of the first dance, speech, cake cutting, etc..., but Eric followed our requests without a problem! I am so glad we found Stylus for our wedding and would recommend them for anyone who wants their wedding guests to be dancing all night!

2017-03-14T13:40:16 Response from the vendor

I loved working with you - your unconventional requests were AMAZING and so much fun to work with, just like the two of you!

Reviewed on 12/27/2016 Lauren R

Stylus did a great job of keeping up the energy at our wedding. Eric "Animal" made some great jokes to the crowd and played music appropriate to the vibe of our young crowd. I request Jack Johnson/John Mayer-esque music for the beginning of our reception during dinner, and he... Read More played a very strange song I'd never heard of. But he quickly regained his footing after we told him to change the music. He seamlessly strung songs together. He also conducted a fun game in which we each had a shoe from each other (I was holding my husband's shoe and one of my own, and he the same) and we answered questions that characterized one of us, and held up the corresponding shoe. It was really fun and got the crowd laughing! We really enjoyed him. The company even threw in the photo booth for free on our Sunday wedding. We loved them!!

Reviewed on 12/26/2016 Chris M

We used Eric Mills through Stylus, and he was exceptional in every way. It's been a year and a half since our wedding, and our friends and family STILL talk about how awesome our DJ was. Our wedding absolutely would not have been the same without Eric. He worked with us to... Read More tailor the perfect playlist—we gave him a few songs that must be played and told him the tone we were seeking, and he did all the work from there. He was incredibly responsive, punctual, professional, and easy to work with. I give a full-hearted recommendation for using Eric and Stylus.

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 Whitney E

Jason did a fantastic job as the DJ at my wedding at Highgrove in Fuquay Varina. He entertained the guests and got everyone involved. We also utilized their photo booth which everyone loved and I got some great pictures from!

2016-11-29T14:12:16 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! Since you didn't list your name I'm assuming you want to stay private so I won't list any personal details - but it truly was a pleasure working with you and I really enjoyed the special tones you suggested for the... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Lauren H

Jason is outstanding! My wife and I went with Jason almost immediately after meeting with him and he was absolutely one of our favorite vendors to work wit. He was accommodating and made the process very enjoyable from start to finish. When we talk to our wedding guests, the... Read More first thing they still say is that our DJ was the best they've ever seen. And we agree! If we had to recommend a DJ for a wedding or any event, we would not hesitate to tell them to go with Jason. He was very accessible, had great response time, and has an amazing personality where his main goal is making sure you are getting exactly what you want by doing anything he can to make that happen. Jason: best DJ in the world. You can quote me on that if you like.

2016-11-29T15:07:29 Response from the vendor

Thanks Cam & Lauren - I had a great time too - your whole wedding day was an amazing experience for all - myself included! Thanks so much for inviting me to be a part of your wedding day! Hope you guys are doing well... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Marc W

Big shout out to Jason Huggins with Stylus DJ's S.E who shut it down at my wedding at the Highgrove Estates! If you looking for a DJ to move your crowd...look no further! He made the process very easy and worry free which made it very easy for us to put our trust Jason to make... Read More our wedding memorable. Not only was his DJ skills on point, he hooked us with some great lighting and the crowd favorite...the photo booth! This was money well spent!

Reviewed on 8/15/2016 Rashida S

We are a couple who is really big on music, so it was really important for us, and Jason did not disappoint. We gave him a list of songs and based off of that list he did an incredible mix with songs he added. Aside from when we ate, I don't think we sat down once during the... Read More reception. The lighting he provided was also great.

Reviewed on 7/25/2016 Hannah D

When my husband proposed in Paris, I was so excited that I immediately started planning our wedding. Marrying a man from central Europe meant that we would need a DJ who could rise to the challenge of playing a wide variety of music. There was only one person I could think of... Read More who was talented and professional enough to accomplish this. I messaged Joseph, DJ Proto J, before I even returned to the states. From that first message until the day of our wedding, he was courteous, thorough, attentive, and so much more. He thought of things I would have otherwise overlooked, and made sure everything happened according to plan. My husband and I are not ones for dancing and considered forgoing the first dance, but he respectfully encouraged us to reconsider. Even though we both found it nerve-wracking, we are so thankful that we now have that memory to cherish. He provided a microphone for my Father, who was also our minister, to wear during the ceremony. Joseph stayed close by to ensure that the sound was just right, and it was. All of my husband's friends and family members live throughout Europe, and very few were able to make the trip. Because of this, we agreed to invite very few friends and keep the day intimate, filled with family and focused on the ceremony. Having a much older crowd, guests who had a long drive back home, and an open bar and unbelievable sunset outside meant that there were very few people inside where Joseph was playing. That didn't discourage him or stop him from going above and beyond to play every song we had hoped to hear. He may not have seen it, but we spent the night drinking, singing, and dancing under the sunset. Aside from providing sound for our ceremony and music for our reception, Joseph was patient and receptive to last minute changes. For weeks before the wedding, our house was filled with family to entertain while making last minute preparations. Needless to say, I was stressed. Text messages and phone calls to see how I was doing were certainly not something Joseph had to do, but he did. Joseph is not only a professional, talented DJ but is also a wonderful friend. If you're looking for a DJ who can truly do it all, look no further. DJ Proto J will provide you with peace of mind, entertainment for all, and a night you'll never forget. Thank you, thank you, thank you Joey!!

Reviewed on 7/22/2016 Amanda S

We had Joseph as our DJ. He was wonderful; he took the time to get to know us and really tailored his plan to our event. He was definitely knowledgeable about weddings, music, and keeping the crowd engaged in general. Our event was a little atypical in that we also had a band,... Read More but Joseph was the MC, provided sound and microphones for the ceremony, provided all dinner music, music for cake cutting/toasts/first dance/parent dances/band breaks, and then we had a DJ after party. Joseph nailed it all. We worked together to put together a detailed outline and timeline of the event, which definitely made things run smoothly. Joseph was spectacular for all of the wedding activities/MCing, but my hands down favorite part was the DJ after party. Joseph absolutely killed it (in the good sense, of course). I provided him with the genres of music we wanted to hear as well as a list of some of our favorite songs and as the night was coming to an end he played bits of every.single.one of our favorite songs. We seriously went out with a bang. I believe two of our wedding guests ended up booking Joseph for their children's weddings, which speaks wonders to Joseph's performance at our wedding. Thanks for everything!!

Reviewed on 7/11/2016 Gemma R

Joseph (DJ ProtoJ) was amazing!! We spoke to Jason on the phone and I explained that myself and my fiance love music and would have ideally liked someone who would be able to play the music we like and also 'scratch' ..... well he said he had the perfect DJ for us and put us in... Read More touch with Joseph. We spent a long time on the phone talking about music and the wedding - he had some great ideas to make our time line run much smoother - which it did. The wedding itself was incredible, it was the best day and night of our lives and the music from the ceremony to the end was AWESOME - Joseph really listened to what we liked and he had some real fun with the music even throughout the meal. We have had some amazing comments from our guests saying "where did you find that DJ, he was incredible" "best wedding we have ever been to" The dance floor was literally full all night long and we still wanted to party longer. We also had the uplighting, dance floor lighting and a photo booth which were all fantastic. The lighting looked amazing and the photo booth was extremely fun. I would highly recommend Stylus SE - especially Joseph as he was AWESOME. Well worth every penny!!

Reviewed on 6/27/2016 Kat B

Eric Mills was the best DJ I could have ever asked for! He was knowledgeable and helpful in assisting us plan our reception. He gave us a lot of detailed information about all the work and effort that went into planning a reception that didn't feel forced or cliched. He was... Read More brilliant and the reason the dance floor stayed packed the entire night! I was actually worried for a moment that people weren't going to eat any cake because they weren't going to stop dancing! I would recommend DJ Eric to everyone and anyone who needed a DJ for whatever reason. He was absolutely wonderful! I would also highly recommend the uplighting package. It helped transform our reception venue throughout the evening. There aren't words to describe how happy I am with what Eric was able to do with our evening. Thank you Eric!

Reviewed on 6/13/2016 Lily B

We decided last minute (about a month before the wedding) that we wanted a DJ for our reception. Stylus was wiling to work with us to get us what we needed within our budget. Our DJ, Jenni, was responsive, and did plenty of research about how I wanted the reception to flow, and... Read More what kind of music we liked. She took my general outline and smoothed it out, so each step flowed nicely into the next. She blended our favorite songs right into the crowd pleasers that got everyone dancing. It was a non stop party and the music was perfect. Anytime there was a little issue, like someone wasn't around when called, she kept it lighthearted and made it all seem natural. Working with Stylus was without a doubt the best choice I made for my wedding.

Reviewed on 5/26/2016 Kelly R

Jason was absolutely incredible! Could not have asked for a better DJ. He was so helpful every step of the way. He totally understood what we were looking to do and had some really fun suggestions for what to include in our event. He made sure the whole thing was stress free,... Read More fun and memorable. Our guests absolutely raved about music and the event and it would not have been as amazing without Jason. I cannot begin to recommend him enough- would definitely recommend him to every family member or friend planning a wedding!

Reviewed on 5/21/2016 Jennifer L

Jason is just awesome! I love his love and knowledge of music. We have had so many people tell us that he was the best DJ they've ever heard. I mean who else can hear Britney Spears (Yes, Hit Me Baby One More Time) and Michael Jackson and blend them together? People were on the... Read More dance floor until the very last song and I think the party could have kept going. Thank you Jason for being a part of our day.

Reviewed on 2/17/2016 Katy C

Austin & I asked DJ Grant Eddins to Dj at our wedding, we literally got SO many compliments on how great the music was. We had a wide variety of songs and he made it flow so well. My ceremony was perfect and the reception was even better. DJ Grant MADE our wedding, every... Read More single person was on the dance floor, we even had the staff at our reception dancing. If you are looking for the best night of your life call Stylus wedding and request Grant. -Katy Gardner

Reviewed on 2/16/2016

If you want your DJ to just show up, be in the background, and play songs that might get your guests up and moving on the dance floor, don’t hire Jason. If you want your DJ to bring the party, mix and play the perfect music, keep things moving flawlessly, be up and teaching... Read More dances and getting the crowd going, then Jason is the DJ for you. His cohort for the evening was Lewis, and they made an incredible team. At our professional association conference, not only did Jason do all of the above, but he played a huge part in the success of our main entertainment for the evening—a lip sync contest similar to the television show Lip Sync Battle. He had all the songs, worked with the groups on music start and stop points, allowed us to add an additional act the day before, worked well with our emcee, and generally made things run incredibly smoothly. Some comments I got from members regarding the evening, “He was awesome! Totally WOWED by how many people stuck around to dance!” and “He was awesome! Haven’t danced that much in a long time!” and something along the lines of, “I’ve tried to leave three times, but I’m having too much fun.” Jason was great to work with leading up to our event—very responsive and available—and arrived earlier than he said he would to set up. For nervous the event planner (me), he was calm and prepared and went with the flow so well that I immediately knew I had nothing to worry about. He did a perfect job during our dinner and while we raffled off some prizes—his “winners” music for the raffles was so perfect, it got a “good job, DJ” from the podium. All around, I can’t imagine how the evening could have gone any better, and Jason and Lewis were the backbone of it all.

Reviewed on 1/27/2016 Emily M

DJ Eric made our wedding the event of the year! His ability to read a crowd is an art. He mixed beats to match the flow of the evening that was simply phenomenal. We literally danced the glitter off our shoes. People are still talking and praising Eric’s talent. We are looking... Read More for another reason to hire him as soon as possible! They say a DJ can make or break a wedding, well DJ Eric blew ours out of the water!! Phenomenal! I explained the vibe I wanted at our wedding and reception then left it Eric’s years of experience to make it a reality and he was perfection!

5 Star Service

Reviewed on 11/10/2015 Whitney W

Eric was amazing! He had the dance floor packed the entire night. His energy all night transferred onto the crowd. Several of our guests commented on how phenomenal the song choices were throughout the night. Eric was also easy to work with throughout the entire process. He... Read More provided great suggestions and was willing to help with every detail. I would HIGHLY recommend booking with Stylus and asking for Eric.

Reviewed on 10/12/2015 Chris W

I am so thankful that we discovered Stylus DJ's in time for our wedding. Eric was exactly the DJ that we were looking for because he knows how to keep the dance floor moving! We told him that we wanted high energy and that's exactly what we got! Our dance floor was packed... Read More from start to finish. He never let a song linger too long before mixing out and moving on to yet another hot beat! Our friends have already reserved him for their wedding in November, and some of our guests have asked how they can get into that wedding to hear the DJ spin again! (Yes - He was that good!) Eric was friendly, professional, and did a great job of helping us put together an unforgettable night. He was always quick to respond and was even available via text message. He was very thorough with his preparation for both the ceremony and the reception (he covered both for our wedding). He provided us with suggestions when we needed them and on the day of the wedding, Eric was on point - he arrived early, dressed professionally, and got everything set up at both the ceremony site and reception with time to spare. Little did we know, he even worked with our wedding party behind the scenes to orchestrate the best toast/skit/roast ever! In addition to music, Eric also provided us with additional lighting, sound equipment and a GoBo. It worked perfectly for us, but added to the cost. If I had it to do over again, I wouldn't change a thing - it was worth every penny! I will definitely be calling Eric again for the next party and would recommend him to everyone I know.

Meet The Manager

Jason Huggins

Jason (light blue shirt) is happy to help. Read the reviews - they say it all: "He is an extremely talented at what he does, and yet so approachable and easy-going. He got along so well with us, our guests, and the staff at our venue." Jason makes complicated events simple, fun & easy by throwing a great party for everyone. "He was very accessible, had great response time, and has an amazing personality where his main goal is making sure you are getting exactly what you want by doing anything he can to make that happen. Jason: best DJ in the world. You can quote me on that if you like."