Stylus SE - The Perfect Party Starts Here

The Perfect Solution for the Modern Couple - Stylus SE features Marquee DJs and Event Experts who help create moments & memories that last a lifetime.

$$$$ – Expensive

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Arabic, Indian, Klezmer, Latin, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Wedding

North Carolina & Destination Events (919) 346-4669

Reviewed on 2/03/2017 Devon S

Jenni and Freddie were absolutely AMAZING!! Their friendly attitudes and skills and knowledge when it comes to music and weddings/events are something you can't put a price on! Such a wonderful decision we made having them at our wedding as our DJ's! LOVE THEM!!!

2017-03-14T13:29:14 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much Devon & Greg! We had a great time and LOVED the special details you included (#chucksFTW!).

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Andrew W

Jason made our wedding reception an unbelievable experience. All of our guests had a great time and when they talk about the great time they had, they always tell us: "your DJ was incredible!!!" and they always ask about him. Jason was so friendly and hilarious and he created... Read More such a fun and memorable environment for everyone in attendance. He played to the crowd very well and gave this groom and his bride an incredible experience that we will never forget. When we met with Jason before our wedding, he was extremely receptive and easy to get along with. The show he put on for our reception was even better than what we asked for. This is a guy who knows how to deliver and knows how to play to a crowd. He is an extremely talented at what he does, and yet so approachable and easy-going. He got along so well with us, our guests, and the staff at our venue. Everybody loved him! I have recommended Jason to all of my friends and family who are getting married and I definitely recommend him to you. If you want a DJ that will create an incredible experience at your wedding reception, Jason is your guy.

2017-03-14T13:33:07 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Andrew & Hilary! I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. I had as much fun as your guests did! Not only did you make the night special with uplighting and your GOBO, but you put so much... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Marlie L

We were so happy to have DJ Proto J at our wedding! Every transition was perfect, and people were truly on the dance floor for every second that they could be. The party was kept alive all night and we got tons of complements from our guests about the music and atmosphere!

2017-03-14T13:48:49 Response from the vendor

J & M - I loved working with you (and your dad!) to help make your wedding day something your guests would talk about for years to come! You really put a lot of thought into making it great and you threw such a stellar... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/31/2017 Lauren W

Jason was SO WONDERFUL!!! He helped guide us through the planning process and what to expect. He had great tips that really added special touches to our wedding. The day of he was such a pro also! He kept the dance floor packed all night and we can't say enough great things... Read More about him.

Reviewed on 7/03/2017 Tiffany H

Jason was outstanding!! Highly recommend Stylus S.E. for your next event. All of the guests at my wedding raved about how great the dj was. He definitely went above and beyond to make it a great experience!

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Thao Nghi B

Joseph (DJ Proto J) went above and beyond what is expected of a DJ and I cannot thank him enough. He was one of the best decisions for our wedding. We were lucky to have Joseph step in last minute for us, and he was a huge reason why we had an amazing wedding day. I obsessed... Read More over the little details and Joseph had no problem literally spending hours going through my 14-page timeline, line-by-line, and making suggestions -- all of which made the overall flow of our wedding day so much better. He not only asked for songs we wanted and did not want played at our wedding but he asked when we graduated so he knew the types of songs we and our friends grew up listening to. He went so far as to suggest to play some Asian songs for our families during cocktail hour and dinner and read our tea ceremony script, which our families really appreciated it as it made our wedding even more personal. He is not the type of DJ who will try to steal the show but what's important to him is that you and your guests are happy and enjoying yourselves. The only "complaint" we received from our wedding was that our guests didn't want the party to end! Even our venue owner was fascinated with Joseph, a "real DJ," and they have already referred him to another client. Considering how many DJs have played at their venue, this is saying a lot. As our wedding party speeches concluded, Joseph gave a few words on how he has truly enjoyed working with us. I have never been to a wedding where a DJ genuinely cares that much about the bride and groom to say the kind words he gave that night. A DJ is really what sets the mood at your reception and Joseph did a phenomenal job. He is so talented, knowledgeable, and will do everything he can to make sure your wedding day is perfect. You cannot go wrong with Stylus and I highly recommend asking for Joseph. Whether you are picky or just aren't sure what exactly you're looking for, Joseph will work with you and make sure you have the best night ever!

Reviewed on 5/20/2017 Felicia H

Jason is incredible! My Husband and I had the best time working with him. He was funny, friendly, professional, and very helpful. We have received nothing but fantastic comments from our guests about our DJ selection. We are so thrilled we chose Stylus and Jason for our... Read More wedding!

Reviewed on 5/09/2017 Erin W

BOOK STYLUS NOW! Seriously one of the best decisions I made. My guests and family are still talking about how funny Jason was and how great the music was. I loved how he blended the music together instead of just playing one song, then another like every. other. DJ. It was a... Read More great blend of classic songs we choose for the older crowd blended with beats a younger crowd would love. The awesome thing is we got to completely customize all of our music- we chose a ton of songs we loved for the reception/ceremony/cocktail hour and noted which ones we hate. The planning website they provide lets you have so much control of your music and make the day totally "you". Jason was so great to work with and gave invaluable advice that no one else did. You don't realize it until that day-but your DJ runs your whole event!! They can make or break the vibe and you definitely want a pro with great mic abilities to make the day run smoothly and add personality. Jason smoothed over a few bumps and got non-dancers involved and created great memories. Seriously a great investment!! So glad I didn't choose one of those "bargain" companies.

Reviewed on 5/07/2017 Barclay S

Jason Huggins of Stylus S.E. made our wedding and reception fabulous! He was a perfect MC, totally on top of his game with all of the audio setup and execution, and fantastic and totally fun to work with. He's a real professional, and I would recommend him in a heartbeat. He... Read More managed sound (both music and mics) during our outdoor ceremony, and it was perfect -- everyone could hear, and he got our processional and recessional cues exactly on the mark. I loved that, during the reception, he stepped in during our (absolutely ridiculous) anniversary dance. When so many couples were left on the floor with 45+ years of marriage, he actually came out on the dance floor and interviewed/quizzed the remaining couples. So much fun! That's one of my favorite memories of the day and was all his making. We also used Stylus for a photobooth, which provided a fun diversion for guests and some fun, abruptly-captured moments.

Reviewed on 1/10/2017 Kim C

Jason was the DJ at our wedding and he did an AMAZING job!! He did a great job at honoring all of our requests. He is a pro at his job; he knows exactly what songs to play next to keep the crowd pumped up. There was never a dull moment at our wedding because of him! Let's... Read More just say that if your guests are lifting you and your husband up on chairs on the dance floor during the last song, you know your guests are enjoying the DJ :)

2017-03-14T13:53:32 Response from the vendor

Kim - I'm honored that you wrote this review over a year after your event and remember everything so clearly - that speaks to the quality of the experience but also your wonderful memories. Thank you so much for inviting me to help share in... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/09/2017 L-n-L O

Eric 'Animal' Mills was the DJ/MC for our wedding. He did an excellent job and was able to read a very diverse crowd and get everyone up and dancing. Stylus as a company and Eric as our DJ were top notch. People told us it was one of the funnest weddings they had ever... Read More attended... Thank you!!

2017-03-14T13:34:09 Response from the vendor

Thanks guys! I had a blast too - we'll see you for the anniversary party!

Reviewed on 1/03/2017 Meghan D

Eric was great and really guided us through the music selection process for our wedding. We were pretty clueless when it came to picking songs for our entire event (outside of our favorite dance songs!) and his recommendations of Vitamin String Quartet and Post Modern Jukebox... Read More really helped make the day great, so much so that we had others ask to use them. Our only complaints would be that our mikes were a bit staticky in our outside venue due to wind and a couple of our favorite songs did not get played until very late in the night after a reminder, but those are really small nitpicks. I'd recommend Eric and Stylus to anyone in the NC area who needed kick-ass wedding DJs!

2017-03-14T13:39:24 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for sharing your review! Sometimes there's not much to do when it's that windy, it's all about which way the wind's coming from, but we do everything we can to try and deliver on your vision. We'll sometimes try to save some... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/01/2017 Lamya K

Eric was the DJ for our wedding which was at the Museum of Natural Science in Raleigh and he did a fantastic job! From the very beginning, Stylus was very easy to work with and paid special attention to our requests and what we wanted throughout the night. During our wedding,... Read More we could not drag people off the dance floor! The floor was absolutely packed and our guests of all ages were enjoying Eric's music! Eric had a great vibe all night and he also did a fantastic job as a DJ and making sure everything was transitioning smoothly. We had particularly unconventional requests in terms of the order of the first dance, speech, cake cutting, etc..., but Eric followed our requests without a problem! I am so glad we found Stylus for our wedding and would recommend them for anyone who wants their wedding guests to be dancing all night!

2017-03-14T13:40:16 Response from the vendor

I loved working with you - your unconventional requests were AMAZING and so much fun to work with, just like the two of you!

Reviewed on 12/27/2016 Lauren R

Stylus did a great job of keeping up the energy at our wedding. Eric "Animal" made some great jokes to the crowd and played music appropriate to the vibe of our young crowd. I request Jack Johnson/John Mayer-esque music for the beginning of our reception during dinner, and he... Read More played a very strange song I'd never heard of. But he quickly regained his footing after we told him to change the music. He seamlessly strung songs together. He also conducted a fun game in which we each had a shoe from each other (I was holding my husband's shoe and one of my own, and he the same) and we answered questions that characterized one of us, and held up the corresponding shoe. It was really fun and got the crowd laughing! We really enjoyed him. The company even threw in the photo booth for free on our Sunday wedding. We loved them!!

Reviewed on 12/26/2016 Chris M

We used Eric Mills through Stylus, and he was exceptional in every way. It's been a year and a half since our wedding, and our friends and family STILL talk about how awesome our DJ was. Our wedding absolutely would not have been the same without Eric. He worked with us to... Read More tailor the perfect playlist—we gave him a few songs that must be played and told him the tone we were seeking, and he did all the work from there. He was incredibly responsive, punctual, professional, and easy to work with. I give a full-hearted recommendation for using Eric and Stylus.

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 Whitney E

Jason did a fantastic job as the DJ at my wedding at Highgrove in Fuquay Varina. He entertained the guests and got everyone involved. We also utilized their photo booth which everyone loved and I got some great pictures from!

2016-11-29T14:12:16 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! Since you didn't list your name I'm assuming you want to stay private so I won't list any personal details - but it truly was a pleasure working with you and I really enjoyed the special tones you suggested for the... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Lauren H

Jason is outstanding! My wife and I went with Jason almost immediately after meeting with him and he was absolutely one of our favorite vendors to work wit. He was accommodating and made the process very enjoyable from start to finish. When we talk to our wedding guests, the... Read More first thing they still say is that our DJ was the best they've ever seen. And we agree! If we had to recommend a DJ for a wedding or any event, we would not hesitate to tell them to go with Jason. He was very accessible, had great response time, and has an amazing personality where his main goal is making sure you are getting exactly what you want by doing anything he can to make that happen. Jason: best DJ in the world. You can quote me on that if you like.

2016-11-29T15:07:29 Response from the vendor

Thanks Cam & Lauren - I had a great time too - your whole wedding day was an amazing experience for all - myself included! Thanks so much for inviting me to be a part of your wedding day! Hope you guys are doing well... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Marc W

Big shout out to Jason Huggins with Stylus DJ's S.E who shut it down at my wedding at the Highgrove Estates! If you looking for a DJ to move your crowd...look no further! He made the process very easy and worry free which made it very easy for us to put our trust Jason to make... Read More our wedding memorable. Not only was his DJ skills on point, he hooked us with some great lighting and the crowd favorite...the photo booth! This was money well spent!

Reviewed on 8/15/2016 Rashida S

We are a couple who is really big on music, so it was really important for us, and Jason did not disappoint. We gave him a list of songs and based off of that list he did an incredible mix with songs he added. Aside from when we ate, I don't think we sat down once during the... Read More reception. The lighting he provided was also great.

Reviewed on 7/25/2016 Hannah D

When my husband proposed in Paris, I was so excited that I immediately started planning our wedding. Marrying a man from central Europe meant that we would need a DJ who could rise to the challenge of playing a wide variety of music. There was only one person I could think of... Read More who was talented and professional enough to accomplish this. I messaged Joseph, DJ Proto J, before I even returned to the states. From that first message until the day of our wedding, he was courteous, thorough, attentive, and so much more. He thought of things I would have otherwise overlooked, and made sure everything happened according to plan. My husband and I are not ones for dancing and considered forgoing the first dance, but he respectfully encouraged us to reconsider. Even though we both found it nerve-wracking, we are so thankful that we now have that memory to cherish. He provided a microphone for my Father, who was also our minister, to wear during the ceremony. Joseph stayed close by to ensure that the sound was just right, and it was. All of my husband's friends and family members live throughout Europe, and very few were able to make the trip. Because of this, we agreed to invite very few friends and keep the day intimate, filled with family and focused on the ceremony. Having a much older crowd, guests who had a long drive back home, and an open bar and unbelievable sunset outside meant that there were very few people inside where Joseph was playing. That didn't discourage him or stop him from going above and beyond to play every song we had hoped to hear. He may not have seen it, but we spent the night drinking, singing, and dancing under the sunset. Aside from providing sound for our ceremony and music for our reception, Joseph was patient and receptive to last minute changes. For weeks before the wedding, our house was filled with family to entertain while making last minute preparations. Needless to say, I was stressed. Text messages and phone calls to see how I was doing were certainly not something Joseph had to do, but he did. Joseph is not only a professional, talented DJ but is also a wonderful friend. If you're looking for a DJ who can truly do it all, look no further. DJ Proto J will provide you with peace of mind, entertainment for all, and a night you'll never forget. Thank you, thank you, thank you Joey!!

Reviewed on 7/22/2016 Amanda S

We had Joseph as our DJ. He was wonderful; he took the time to get to know us and really tailored his plan to our event. He was definitely knowledgeable about weddings, music, and keeping the crowd engaged in general. Our event was a little atypical in that we also had a band,... Read More but Joseph was the MC, provided sound and microphones for the ceremony, provided all dinner music, music for cake cutting/toasts/first dance/parent dances/band breaks, and then we had a DJ after party. Joseph nailed it all. We worked together to put together a detailed outline and timeline of the event, which definitely made things run smoothly. Joseph was spectacular for all of the wedding activities/MCing, but my hands down favorite part was the DJ after party. Joseph absolutely killed it (in the good sense, of course). I provided him with the genres of music we wanted to hear as well as a list of some of our favorite songs and as the night was coming to an end he played bits of every.single.one of our favorite songs. We seriously went out with a bang. I believe two of our wedding guests ended up booking Joseph for their children's weddings, which speaks wonders to Joseph's performance at our wedding. Thanks for everything!!

Reviewed on 7/11/2016 Gemma R

Joseph (DJ ProtoJ) was amazing!! We spoke to Jason on the phone and I explained that myself and my fiance love music and would have ideally liked someone who would be able to play the music we like and also 'scratch' ..... well he said he had the perfect DJ for us and put us in... Read More touch with Joseph. We spent a long time on the phone talking about music and the wedding - he had some great ideas to make our time line run much smoother - which it did. The wedding itself was incredible, it was the best day and night of our lives and the music from the ceremony to the end was AWESOME - Joseph really listened to what we liked and he had some real fun with the music even throughout the meal. We have had some amazing comments from our guests saying "where did you find that DJ, he was incredible" "best wedding we have ever been to" The dance floor was literally full all night long and we still wanted to party longer. We also had the uplighting, dance floor lighting and a photo booth which were all fantastic. The lighting looked amazing and the photo booth was extremely fun. I would highly recommend Stylus SE - especially Joseph as he was AWESOME. Well worth every penny!!

Reviewed on 6/27/2016 Kat B

Eric Mills was the best DJ I could have ever asked for! He was knowledgeable and helpful in assisting us plan our reception. He gave us a lot of detailed information about all the work and effort that went into planning a reception that didn't feel forced or cliched. He was... Read More brilliant and the reason the dance floor stayed packed the entire night! I was actually worried for a moment that people weren't going to eat any cake because they weren't going to stop dancing! I would recommend DJ Eric to everyone and anyone who needed a DJ for whatever reason. He was absolutely wonderful! I would also highly recommend the uplighting package. It helped transform our reception venue throughout the evening. There aren't words to describe how happy I am with what Eric was able to do with our evening. Thank you Eric!

Reviewed on 6/13/2016 Lily B

We decided last minute (about a month before the wedding) that we wanted a DJ for our reception. Stylus was wiling to work with us to get us what we needed within our budget. Our DJ, Jenni, was responsive, and did plenty of research about how I wanted the reception to flow, and... Read More what kind of music we liked. She took my general outline and smoothed it out, so each step flowed nicely into the next. She blended our favorite songs right into the crowd pleasers that got everyone dancing. It was a non stop party and the music was perfect. Anytime there was a little issue, like someone wasn't around when called, she kept it lighthearted and made it all seem natural. Working with Stylus was without a doubt the best choice I made for my wedding.

Reviewed on 5/26/2016 Kelly R

Jason was absolutely incredible! Could not have asked for a better DJ. He was so helpful every step of the way. He totally understood what we were looking to do and had some really fun suggestions for what to include in our event. He made sure the whole thing was stress free,... Read More fun and memorable. Our guests absolutely raved about music and the event and it would not have been as amazing without Jason. I cannot begin to recommend him enough- would definitely recommend him to every family member or friend planning a wedding!

Meet The Manager

Jason Huggins

Jason (light blue shirt) is happy to help. Read the reviews - they say it all: "He is an extremely talented at what he does, and yet so approachable and easy-going. He got along so well with us, our guests, and the staff at our venue." Jason makes complicated events simple, fun & easy by throwing a great party for everyone. "He was very accessible, had great response time, and has an amazing personality where his main goal is making sure you are getting exactly what you want by doing anything he can to make that happen. Jason: best DJ in the world. You can quote me on that if you like."