Sue Jacobs Cakes

Gilbert, and all of the surrounding Phoenix area

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free

Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

1140 N Gilbert RD #106, Gilbert, AZ Gilbert, and all of the surrounding Phoenix area (602) 502-7809

Reviewed on 11/06/2017 Jaclyn D

I have to preface that I am HUGE cake lover. When it comes to eating/trying cake, I CAN be pretty picky. I mean, I love all cake but I know when I am eating some good cake. I knew the cake was amazing the first time that I tried Sue Jacob's at an open house at The View and that... Read More nothing would compare. I only tried one flavor so I knew I had to see what else she had. Me and my now husband set up a time and to taste tested a few different flavors. We picked Pink Champagne with one layer of Strawberry and one of Vanilla. All of our guests loved the cake flavors that we chose as well. I had one of my bridesmaid tell me that her boyfriend isn't a sweets person but wound up having 4 piece of cake because it was that good. If you want a fantastic tasting cake that will leave you wanting more, Sue Jacob's is the place for you!

2017-11-07T16:32:51 Response from the vendor

Thank you Jaclyn for your "Oh so kind words"! We truly appreciate you and such also appreciate the opportunity to create the center piece for your wedding reception! Such a delight to work with! Thank you again!

Reviewed on 11/06/2017 Jessie S

Sue's cakes are absolutely amazing! They are delicious as well as beautiful! Her flavors are unique, her fillings pair wonderfully and the frosting is out of this world! She took my vision and made it into an absolutely beautiful and elegant wedding cake!

2017-11-07T16:34:18 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your five star review! We always love hearing from our couples! You, your business, and your very kind review are all appreciated greatly! Thank you again!

Reviewed on 10/14/2017 Ashley K

Not only did the cake that Sue created for our wedding day far surpass all of my expectations for how it would look, but I honestly think it was the most delicious wedding cake I’ve ever tasted. Thank you Sue for your artistic eye, responsiveness to your clients and amazing and... Read More unique cake flavors!

2017-11-07T16:35:21 Response from the vendor

Awe! So very kind of you! So happy we exceeded your expectations! Thank you for the five star review!

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Rashmi K

After trying only a bite of Sue Jacob's cake at a wedding open house months before the wedding, I knew that we had to put the deposit in as soon as possible to secure our wedding date for Sue to make our cake! My husband & I scheduled a time to meet with Sue for a private... Read More consultation during which she prepared samples of their most popular cakes & fillings for us to try. These included the Pink Champagne, Rich Vanilla, Marbled Chocolate & Rich Vanilla, Red Velvet Chocolate, and Lemon Poppy Seed. They were all really good but the clear winner for us was the Pink Champagne with Strawberry Cream filling! We discussed all the details of our wedding & decided that we wanted to have a small round cake for the cake cutting & cupcakes for all of our guests. As promised, a month before the wedding, Sue followed up with a few questions to get ready for our wedding day. She asked us about our cake topper, finalized the cake & filling flavors, and confirmed other special requests. About a week before the wedding, she sent us a final confirmation e-mail with all of the details. When we arrived to the venue on our wedding day, I was seriously in awe with the cake & cupcakes that Sue had put together for us! The small round cake & cupcakes had the flower design as I had requested and looked very elegant. Everyone who attended the wedding was in love with how the cupcakes tasted! They were pleased that the cupcakes had the surprise of strawberry cream inside and also had the perfect amount of sweetness, fluffiness, & were so tasty. I know that some guests went back and even got seconds! Without a doubt, we made the right decision in getting our wedding cake from Sue. She was very organized with our order & made delicious cupcakes for us! I'd definitely recommend giving her a call.

2017-11-07T16:36:37 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your resounding review! We appreciate you taking your valuable time to write so much detail about your experience with us. Thank you again. Wishing you so much happiness!

Reviewed on 5/09/2017 Hao H

Sue’s wedding cake is absolutely beautiful and tasty. She makes her own special frosting, which is not only nice looking, but also very delicious. Our guests enjoyed it a lot. Sue is nice and friendly to work with. We highly recommend her as cake designer.

2017-11-07T16:38:22 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review! Your kindness towards our business, and us personally means so much! Thank you again!

Reviewed on 3/06/2017 Megan O

Sue was amazing, she met me at my venue and walked through every layer and flavor with us. She took my vision and made it a reality, I loved it and am so happy with her work.

2017-11-07T16:39:19 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your very kind five star review! Because of couples like you, we LOVE what we do! Thank you again!

Reviewed on 2/13/2017 Katelyn S

Wow! Sue Jacobs cakes aren't only amazing, she is also amazing! She was so helpful throughout the whole cake process and we couldn't be more excited about how our wedding cake turned out...everything we wanted and absolutely beautiful. Thank you Sue!

2017-11-07T16:40:07 Response from the vendor

We appreciate your five star review. Thank you for all of your kindness in taking your time to write such sweetness! Thank you again!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Alicia A

Sue did an amazing job! Her cake tasted so good! Everything was very professional.

2017-11-07T16:40:46 Response from the vendor

Your five star review was so appreciated. Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 7/22/2016 Taylor P

Sue Jacobs Cakes is the absolute best! Sue is an absolute peach to work with and she was so attentive to my needs and wants for my wedding cake. She was very sweet and professional in speaking to me through phone, email and in person and every time I spoke with her she left me... Read More feeling confident that I would have the cake of my dreams on my wedding. Oh, and her cakes! I've had the pleasure of tasting many flavors and each and every one of them exceeded my expectations. Our wedding cake was absolutely beautiful, and tasted WONDERFUL! I have and will continue to recommend her cakes!

2017-11-07T16:42:18 Response from the vendor

Thank you! It was such an honor to have a small part of your special day. Thank you for the opportunity to share our amazing wedding cake with you, your family, and your guests.

Reviewed on 6/09/2015 Lexie P

Sue's cakes are both delicious and look great! She took exactly what me and my husband wanted and made it look awesome. I've also tasted some not so tasty cakes and I love Sues secret recipe. Her cakes are so yummy I would highly recommend!

2017-11-07T16:43:11 Response from the vendor

Thank you Lexie! It was a pure delight to work with you. Thank you so much for your sweet five star review.

Amazing Cake

Reviewed on 4/14/2015 Shelby B

Sue's cakes/flavors are so tasty! I am not a cake person but when I tasted her cake I knew we had found the right cake vendor. The design of the cake was beautiful and we didn't have any leftovers!

2017-11-07T16:44:12 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your very kind five star review! So very much appreciated!

Mmmmmm cake

Reviewed on 3/30/2015 Denise L

thank you sue so much for going through all of our decor and thoughts so that our cake matched us perfectly. Thank you so much for going through all of our choices and possible ideas. Working with our cake topper I know must have been interesting but you made it perfect!!... Read More Thank you

2017-11-07T16:44:57 Response from the vendor

It was our pleasure to serve you, your family, and your friends. Thank you for the darling five star review. We appreciate your kindness!

Yum!

Reviewed on 2/24/2015 Sarah J

Sue is so much fun to work with. She knows what she is doing and is very professional. I had a blast planning a new design with her for my cake, and she made it everything I wanted. It was so delicious I didn't get a taste of it at my own wedding! By the time I thought about it,... Read More every last piece had been snatched up. It was delicious and beautiful. I would highly recommend using Sue if you want a delicious cake guests will be raving about.

2017-11-07T16:45:44 Response from the vendor

YUM! I LOVE that! Thank you for the five star review! Your kindness is very much appreciated!

Great Cake and So Easy to Work With!

Reviewed on 7/27/2014 Mandy A

Sue was so great to work with! Once we booked an appointment with her, we knew we would have no worries with the cake! When you're planning a wedding, it's a wonderful feeling to find a vendor that you know will be great and who you can instantly trust - that was Sue! She was... Read More very professional, had lots of ideas and options for us to look over, and we really enjoyed working with her. The cake was great, too!

2017-11-07T16:46:26 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your five star review! We so appreciate you! Thank you again!

Absolutely loved it

Reviewed on 4/18/2014 Tiandra

The cake was delicious. And everyone loved it. I already have and will continue to recommend her to others.

2017-11-07T16:47:11 Response from the vendor

Oh! We sure do appreciate your very thoughtful five star review! Thank you so much for sharing your experience!

Mr. and Mrs. Anthony Hunn

Reviewed on 11/21/2013 Krista W

We met with Sue at our venue, The Views at Superstition and went on to meet with her personally for a tasting. We immediately knew that she was the "one" we would choose to design/bake our wedding cake. Our wedding was relatively small with less than 100 people. We got to... Read More view her books and tasted 4-5 different types of cakes. Sue ensured that we had everything we wanted at an affordable price. The cake looked amazing and tasted even better. We chose a 3 layer square, very simple design- it looked spectacular! We chose 2 flavors- a lemon poppy seed that was light, moist and flavorful as well as a decadent chocolate. We received compliments from all in attendance! We were so pleased- any bride and groom would be lucky to have Sue Jacobs cater their wedding cake!

2017-11-07T16:48:12 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for being one of our first AZ couples! It was a pure delight working with you both! Thank you again!

Beautiful and Delicious Cake!

Reviewed on 11/21/2013 Michelle B

I was so thrilled to find Sue at a local wedding expo. I tried her samples and I couldn't believe how the cake was not overly sugary like so many others - you could actually taste the flavor and they were so delicious! Sue was very easy to work with and together we came up with... Read More the perfect cake. Thank you Sue for your amazing talent and generous heart!

2017-11-07T16:49:07 Response from the vendor

Beautiful and delicious! We certainly could not ask for a kinder review! Thank you so much for your five stars, and your sweet words!

Delicious cake!

Reviewed on 11/03/2013 Alyssa R

Sue was awesome. Always available to answer my questions not to mention her cakes taste great!! I gave her a picture of what I wanted and it looked amazing:)

2017-11-07T16:49:35 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your very thoughtful five star review! We so appreciate it!

The Best CAKE!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2013 Katy C

The cake Sue created for me and my new husband was absolutely to die for you!! I gave her a picture of my ideal cake and she created it with no problem!!! She even acquired real flowers and beautiful purple ribbon to complete the look I was going for!! The best part about the... Read More cake were all the compliments we received long after the wedding was over!! It was perfect!!

2017-11-07T16:50:16 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your very sweet five star review! We appreciate you and your sweet words!

Happily Ever After Come True

Reviewed on 10/29/2013 Cassandra B

I cannot even begin to rave about Sue without being completely crazy happy. Sue Made my wedding cake absolutely mouthwatering beautiful. It was melt in your mouth so good and i am beyond blessed to have had Sue do my wedding. She is the sweetest most wonderful person, and i... Read More couldnt have imagined anyone else to do my wedding. The cake was Beautiful and everything i wanted and more. It was the perfect mix of sweet and moist, and the secret recipe frosting and filling was to die for. thank you so much Sue for becoming a friend and making our wedding cake a dream come true.. Mrs. Liguori-Reid

2017-11-07T16:51:02 Response from the vendor

Such a delight to work with you both! We appreciate the five star review! And the oh so kind words! Thank you!

Rave Reviews on Our Cake!

Reviewed on 4/02/2013 Lynnette A

Not only is Sue the sweetest person in the entire world, but her 30 years experience shows! She did my buttercream cake with fondant lace appliqués BEAUTIFULLY! Not only was it gorgeous in pictures and in person, but the buttercream frosting is just right! The cakes moist and... Read More delicious; never too sweet! It was perfect! And the value for the cake was great! All my guests loved it....emphasis on the loved. Thank you Sue!!!!!!

2017-11-07T16:51:52 Response from the vendor

Thank you for being one of my first AZ couples! We appreciate you, and your very thoughtful words!