Sugar and Spice Catering

(35)

Parkville, MO

Creating Memories to Last a Lifetime

Sugar and Spice Catering's reputation is built on exceptional customer service and exquisitely decorated cakes that are as delicious as they are beautiful. Whether you're looking for a design that is elegant and simple, elaborate and sophisticated, or fun and whimsical, our decorated cakes will surely exceed your expectations. From pictures, sketches, or ideas, we will transform your dream cake into reality.

$$

Type

Cake Tops & Accessories

301 Main, Parkville, MO

Thank you!!!

Reviewed on 10/12/2010 Isabel R

Thank you for making my day so special.... The Cake was absolutely wonderful...

Best wedding cake!

Reviewed on 6/28/2011 Molly T

Wonderful cake! So tasty!

Affordable and helpful!

Reviewed on 6/22/2011 Lindsay L

I could not have imagined my wedding with any other caterer. They are affordable, have great food and cake, and are professional.

Sugar and Spice and everything nice!

Reviewed on 7/12/2014 Kelsey H

The owner is great and very personable. The staff was great and professional! They did our cake and food. The food was AMAZING and all of our guests commented on how much they liked the meal.

Beautiful Cake!

Reviewed on 5/28/2014 Veronica S

Jennifer did an amazing job on my wedding cake! The cake tasted great and Jennifer was intent on understanding and creating exactly what I wanted. It turned out absolutely beautiful, even better than what I had imagined. Pricing was also very reasonable. I would definitely recommend Sugar & Spice to anyone who needs a cake for ANY occasion.

Dream cake

Reviewed on 11/12/2013 Amanda N

Sugar and Spice makes the best cakes! The cakes were wonderful and it was so beautiful! Jennifer was great to work with and made the cake exactly how I wanted. I highly recommend going with Sugar and Spice for your dream wedding cake!

Cake was Amazing

Reviewed on 11/11/2013 Courtney S

Just a few communication issues early on was our only problem,closer to our event we had no issues. The cake itself was amazing, people are still telling us they have never tasted a better cake than ours at all the weddings they've been to.

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Reviewed on 10/29/2013 Christopher O

We met with Jennifer of S&S and we immediately liked her. She seemed like she'd be very easy to work with, organized, etc. If only. I understand she is also doing their cakes & therefore busy but maybe that means she shouldn't be our point of contact. We booked them and put a deposit down, we contacted them about getting tasting options. When we first met with them we were told to give them a list of things to try. We looked over some of the typ. menu items and ones we wanted to try and sent them a list. We waited a week or two and heard nothing back... Finally I called and got the main cook who took down the items we wanted & he told us when we could come get them. We showed up that day (to Jennifer’s surprise) and they put together a group of to go boxes for us. They were not at all what we asked for. I'm certain they were just whatever they were preparing that day for other events. So we tried the things they gave us & we found some things we liked & thought we were making progress. We emailed them a list of the things we liked & some other things we might want to try but more or less had a menu figured out. No response. More emails… phone calls. Nothing. Finally a full month & a half of emails & calls with no response, we found a new caterer. We called to fire them and lo & behold, a response! We were given some excuse like our file never got switched over from prospective to client or something but this was MONTHS after hiring them, emailing them & having talked to the on the phone, gotten food from them & oh yeah, paying them a deposit. We promptly demanded our deposit back, which we received & went on our merry way with another caterer. If you want to save yourself a massive headache, you too will go somewhere else. After we started running into issues I found other reviews about non-responsiveness. We were not at all an isolated incident. They clearly need to hire someone who simply deals with communications because they are more than just terrible at it.

Best cake I've ever had

Reviewed on 8/26/2013 Rachael E

The cake for our wedding was fabulous - it was great to work with Jennifer - she's a true professional but we also had a lot of fun together and doesn't mind telling you "no" when something won't look right together. I ended up sending her 28 pictures via email and not once did she get exasperated or short with me. I'd recommend her to anyone needing a birthday, anniversary, graduation, or wedding cake.

Extremely Disappointing Experience with this Caterer

Reviewed on 8/25/2013 Taylor H

We chose this caterer for our wedding cake. We drove there from out of town for our first consultation, to pick cake flavors and design and such. Two weeks before the wedding, we still had not heard from them with final details, so we gave them a call to discuss. It was then that we learned they had lost our order. We drove back out there one week before wedding to sort everything out and pick out flavors (again). However, it did not end there. The night of the wedding, they DIDN'T SHOW UP WITH THE CAKE. Literally just didn't show up. We called, and found that they had gotten mixed up and thought the wedding was the next day. Even though we had JUST met with them the weekend before, and confirmed all details. It was a very disappointing experience to not have a cake for the wedding (which was supposed to be the centerpiece of the room), not be able to serve the guests cake at all, etc. I hate to write a bad review of anyone because I know people make mistakes. But I'll always remember not having a cake for my wedding. I would not recommend this caterer to anyone, unfortunately.

So beautiful, it made my new bride cry tears of joy

Reviewed on 8/25/2013 Ed R

Their food was fantastic and I've already reviewed it and mentioned the cake but also thought I would mention that my aunt was supposed to be doing our wedding cake and broke her leg 4 days prior to our wedding. Even though we knew May 25th was a huge day for them, Jennifer (their cake director and manager) agreed to make our cake too, even though it meant going over her personal limit and starting the day before at 5PM. I talked to her the next week when we returned linens and she said she was up for close to 4 days straight....and you never would've known it. To make matters even worse, we picked a fairly difficult cake that she had done as a "model" cake in KCWeddings magazine. We were able to do all 5 tiers a different flavor and different fillings and it was on a silver stand so it seemed huge! And they don't charge anything extra for that stuff - Great company to work with!

best cakes in kansas city- no doubt!

Reviewed on 8/24/2013 Amy K

I have used Sugar & Spice for many special occasions (bdays, showers etc) and they make the best cakes in town. I highly recommend them and Jennifer the cake master is a true artist- she is also so easy to deal with and dependable- always calls me back promptly. I also hired S & S recently for a private party and the food was awesome- the meat was perfectly cooked and the potatoes were amazing! If you are looking for a cake maker and caterer (full service) to fit any budget, call Sugar & Spice.

Best potatoes and cake I've ever had in my life!!!

Reviewed on 8/24/2013 Beth E

We fell in love with Jennifer as soon as we met her....then we tried the food and cake and were sold. The garlic mashed potatoes that the owner makes are the best potatoes I've ever eaten and their cake almost tastes like angel food cake, it is so moist. I've seen a lot of reviewers remark about the cake but you just can't tell how great it is until you try it. Our wedding day went off without a hitch - Jennifer even snuck us out a plate of appetizers while we were taking pictures and saved us a piece of each flavor of wedding cake too. I'd recommend them to anyone - and their prices are really reasonable too. Beth & Nate Edwards

Yummy

Reviewed on 8/07/2013 Lindsay F

Best wedding cake I have ever had, and no bias! Cake was delicious and beautiful; they were easy to work with!

Best Cake in KC

Reviewed on 7/27/2013 Jessica D

Over a month after our wedding, we still have people raving about our cake. It looked great and tasted great! They had many options for flavors and fillings and the staff worked hard to make sure we had what we wanted for our wedding.

Cake Tasted Great, Customer Service Ok

Reviewed on 7/15/2013 Lacy I

I ordered my wedding cake/cupcakes from here bc they were recommended by the venue. The cake tasted great, but the customer service was lacking. I had bought cake toppers to go on top of our wedding cake and told the cake people at least 3 times that I wanted a PLAIN cake with nothing on it. It showed up with two big flowers on it, and I was unable to remove them so I didn't get to use my cake toppers. They were also hard to get a hold of and once I called to find out if how much I owed them so I could mail them a check, they didn't know so they said they'd call me back, but they never did. I had to call them a few more times before getting an answer.

Best Cake in KC!

Reviewed on 6/11/2013 Kristin S

Best cake in Kansas city! Moist cake, buttercream frosting.... simply amazing!

Best cake in town!

Reviewed on 6/06/2013 Laura P

Sugar and Spice was the perfect choice for catering our wedding. Larry was wonderful to work with and always answered any questions in a timely manner. Not only did they cater the dinner, they also did the cake. We tasted cakes from several different bakeries and Sugar and Spice has the best cake in town! You will definitely need to order extra cake because everyone will go back for more. Sugar and Spice also filled in for our bartender for a moment who had to run a quick errand. They were fantastic and definitely the best value!

Best & Most Beautiful Cake Ever!

Reviewed on 5/07/2013 Rachel F

My husband doesn't like cake, but I will tell you that this is the best cake I have ever eaten in my entire life. I first found out about this caterer at a Bridal Expo and had to go back for thirds. Right then I knew I had to use Sugar & Spice. Jennifer is extremely talented, took my vision of multiple pictures and recreated exactly the cake I was envisioning in my head. Not only was it delicious, but it was stunning. They will also work within your budget and if you're having a large wedding, they will compensate with smaller cakes that are undecorated to stick within your means. A++++

Could of been better

Reviewed on 4/21/2013 Melissa H

At first we were excited to find an affordable caterer that had good food. When the wedding day came we weren't as impressed. The turkey and potatoes were good but the beef was dry and tasteless, unlike the trial test we did in their office. The cake turned out good and everyone seemed to like it. Our wedding planners said that one of the caterers were very unprofessional, not sure which one. Overall we feel like we paid a little too much for the service and food.

Not Very Pleased

Reviewed on 1/17/2013 Jenny L

This vendor was very hard to work with and very disorganized. They also made us the wrong cake.

BAD SERVICE

Reviewed on 9/13/2012 Lauren R

I went and had a consultation with the owner. I was very excited and was supposed to hear back from her later on that week. 1 month later, I never here back. I called them and was told that I WOULD be called that night. And I was never called. This was very disappointing because I really wanted to get my cake from here. That is a good way to lose business. Based on other reviews that I have read, this place is known for their bad service. Very disappointing.

My Wedding Cake Review

Reviewed on 8/26/2012 Ashley M

We used Sugar and Spice for our wedding cake! It was so gorgeous! We even had edible glitter! Jennifer the decorator did a great job! We wanted it to be simple but blingtastic as I say! Our colors were blue and silver and we have a square cake that had four tiers. On the bottom of each tier we had blue ribbon and above that we had bling crystals. We had blue orchids in various places around the cake itself. To top it all off I created my own logo for our wedding - with that being said I had a custom cake topper that was make out of crystals on the top of our cake! The girl who creates these is out of Denver. Her website is called Toppers with Glitz.

Best Caterer in Kansas City

Reviewed on 8/14/2012 Jennifer R

Loved the food and cake both - Jennifer was so much fun to work with; their prices were good and their service was excellent. The cake was absolutely beautiful and you have to try their garlic mashed potatoes - I still have guests that mention them a year later.....Recommend to everyone!

Worst service ever

Reviewed on 8/13/2012 Janelle F

The owner will never return phone calls, show up late to meetings and give you an overall I could careless attitude. Do yourself a favorvadbdo not even try to use them,

Send Email