Ballroom, Hotel, Mountain

197 Elk Rdg, Butler, TN (423) 768-3105

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Katy R

Our wedding at Sugar Hollow was amazing. We rented out the property for the weekend, and it was incredible to spend the whole weekend with our friends and family celebrating our marriage. Marty and Jim (property managers) are very easy to work with, and you can literally chose... Read More any vendor you would like to do catering, rentals, photography, alcohol, etc. There are no noise restrictions, and the only thing we had to worry about was taking sheets off of the cabin beds sunday morning (check out was at 11 am, noon, or 1 pm for the cabins depending on what I chose) as well as taking the trash out. All of the bridal party stayed in the lodge and it was fun to have our best friends all staying in one place, and to get to actually hang out before and after the wedding. Only challenge with this venue was parking by the lodge, and some people complained about not having cell service. There is WIFI at the lodge though. I personally like how remote it is and how there isn't cell phone reception, it truly let us unplug and enjoy the weekend with everyone! Also, the cabins are all dog friendly, so our dogs got to spend the whole weekend running around and playing on the property. Can't wait to go back to Sugar Hollow for a weekend getaway.

The Venue You Will Never Regret

Reviewed on 10/06/2013 Brandee H

This was the first venue I visited and knew from the first visit this was it. No other venue I visited compared. I paid the cost to rent the venue and the only rules that applied were to put the trash out every morning, wash the dishes, and take the sheets off the beds. I got to... Read More choose my own vendors, serve anything I wanted, and have a band/music at whatever volume I wanted. The best thing was we didn't have a time limit. Venue rental is a minimum of two days and check out was 1 p.m. The cost can be a lot but, is well worth it and they have several options available with different pricing. The staff was extremely helpful and I was able to visit the venue as many times as I needed. The venue made my wedding one that everyone will be talking about beyond our 1st wedding anniversary. This venue allowed me to have a destination wedding without traveling far from home. I recommend this venue to anyone that wants to have a memorable wedding or anyone that wants to have a true mountain wedding. No other venue will provide you the helpful and wonderful staff provided by this venue.

A Dream Come True

Reviewed on 3/01/2013 Carole D

When my husband and I found Sugar Hollow, we visited in the dead of winter. Even with snow on the ground and leaves off the trees, we could see the potential for this beautiful venue. We booked it immediately! This venue was a dream come true for us. It provided several options... Read More for location for the ceremony, reception, and rehearsal dinner with 300 acres for our guests to explore and enjoy nature. Additionally, most of our family and friends could stay on-site. The staff of Sugar Hollow, Jim and Marty, were exceptional. They helped out with ideas for decorations to keeping the venue clean and home-like. Our wedding weekend became a destination for most of our family, many coming in early to help out and to explore the mountains. Our rehearsal dinner was in the Conference Center, complete with a traditional contra dance. We were married on the Overlook and held the reception at the Lodge. The mid-September weather was perfect. This venue encompassed our love of family and nature. I highly recommend it for its great value, flexibility, and the beauty of the mountains.

Sugar Hollow Retreat

Reviewed on 2/23/2013 Leigh Marie P

What a fantastic place!! I feel so very lucky to have been able to host my wedding weekend festivities here. My husband and I both have very large families, and many friends. The accommodations' options were big and nice enough for everyone! As out of town family members... Read More arrived, they wondered why on earth I picked a place so far away and "off the beaten path." After the first night, everyone understood! The beauty and peacefulness of Sugar Hollow was felt by everyone... especially the stressed out bride. No one wanted to leave! We had our ceremony on the observation deck, and we couldn't' have asked for a more beautiful spot to exchange our vows. As guests crested the top of the hill to the overlook, the only sound you heard was, "Wow." or "Ahhh..." As a matter of fact, it took us a while to get everyone seated for the ceremony because guests were all getting their picture taken with the breath-taking view in the background. The staff at Sugar Hollow is probably my favorite part though. They were very helpful for this independent bride, and were there whenever we needed anything (even with the number of helping hands we had there). They are kind and respectful to you and your guests. We enjoyed Sugar Hollow so much that my husband and I planned a winter getaway in January with friends, filling the lodge once again. Our arrival was greeted with just as much warmth as our wedding weekend. Sugar Hollow is a wonderful, magical place that will always be very special to us, and we will continue to visit.

A Beautiful Country Wedding in Tennessee

Reviewed on 2/13/2013 Brittany R

Sugar Hollow Reatreat was a wonderful place to have a wedding. We rented half of the property which was the conference center, amphitheater, and 2 houses for 2 days and 2 nights. We had a small wedding at the amphitheater and then a reception at the conference center with 100... Read More plus people then we had rooms for our friends to stay overnight if they wanted in the 2 houses.

Beautiful Location

Reviewed on 5/19/2012 Suzanne A

We had a wonderful time at Sugar Hollow Retreat. It was so beautiful and the lodges for many guests to stay were on the property. The mountainous setting is what I was looking for and I loved the area! It was a bit expensive to rent the entire property, but their innkeeper Marti... Read More is very willing to work with your needs. I hope to go back for an anniversary.

we...

Reviewed on 9/27/2011 Lana S

had a wonderful wedding weekend at SHR. Guests are still talking about it.