Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Cakes + Desserts

Bow2008

126 Rivington Street, New York, NY (212) 995-1960

Reviewed on 11/05/2016 Ariela S

We had cakes for both our engagement party and our wedding from Sugar Sweet Sunshine. From our initial tasting through to eating our leftover wedding cake on the sofa it was a fantastic experience. Peg is absolutely lovely and she helped us decide what we wanted (pistachio for... Read More the engagement party, and pumpkin and vanilla for the wedding), and how best to work within our budget. She was very understanding of how much we had to spend and we ended up with a small tiered cake and additional sheet cakes. Most importantly of all the cakes were incredibly delicious, being both moist and light. We got so many compliments about how it was the best wedding cake ever. Thanks so much to Sugar Sweet Sunshine - highly recommended!

Delicious

Reviewed on 8/13/2015 Julie Y

YUM. We were not looking for the traditional cake for our wedding, but we love cupcakes and Sugar Sweet Sunshine was perfect. So many delicious flavors to choose from and they created our tower of cupcakes to our liking. They even made a giant cupcake just for us to "cut the... Read More cake". Everyone was raving about how unique our dessert was and even more about how great it tasted! Thank you thank you!!

My Dream Cupcake Tree

Reviewed on 8/26/2014 Jessica T

I did a lot of research to find the perfect cupcakes in NY. I found a lot of places to be overpriced for the quality. I wanted simple cupcakes, nothing over-decorated or overdone to take away from the delicious taste. When I found Sugar Sweet Sunshine, I knew they were going... Read More to be perfect. The women who own the shop are true New Yorkers. They make the most perfect cupcake and have such exciting flavors to choose from...not to mention the fun names they use to describe their cupcakes. I went with 200 cupcakes and a 5" layer cake for the top of the cupcake tier. They came in the morning of the wedding, put together the cupcake tree with ribbon around it, and made sure the display was perfect. The guests could not keep their hands off of the cupcakes. They were such a hit...especially the Pistachio flavor. The team there is really willing to work with you to make your vision come true and they are so pleasant to work with, I will definitely use them again in the future for events.

Amazing

Reviewed on 11/17/2013 C.J.

Debbie worked so closely with us to create and get the cupcakes to New Jersey. She was outstanding and the cupcakes were perfect. We have been customers of their for years and knew we wanted those cupcakes as part of our wedding. We are so thankful to the team at sSs for... Read More making it happen for us!

THE OWNERS ARE AS SWEET AS THEIR DESSERTS

Reviewed on 9/12/2013 Lisa K

Wedding cake was never something that was a big ticket item for me. i just knew I wanted it to be delicious! For my now husbands 30th birthday we had a custom cake and cupcakes from Sugar Sweet Sunshine after researching "best cupcake in NYC". The cake didnt disappoint. We... Read More werent even engaged at the time but we said when we get married we are definitely having this cake! Debbie was so sweet and easy to work with. She tried to make it as affordable as possible by offering a smaller cake option with a sheet cake in the back. The cake looked gorgeous and tasted even better. We will ALWAYS be using sugar sweet sunshine for all our occasions!!

great alternative to cake!

Reviewed on 11/29/2012 Lindsay W

Sugar Sweet Sunshine are hands down the best cupcakes ever. What makes them more amazing is how affordable they are! Our guests devoured 5 flavors and are still calling and asking where they can get more!

delicious!

Reviewed on 10/19/2012 Mer N

our guests loved the cupcakes

Perfect

Reviewed on 9/05/2012 hannah g

Loved working with Debbie at Sugar Sweet Sunshine. The tasting was fun - we got to try all the icing flavors with each type of cake to pick our favorite creative combinations. Debbie was extremely organized and communicative, making me feel really confident in her. Everyone... Read More loved the cupcakes! We also got a cutting cake for the top that was so delicious my husband literally exclaimed "Wow!" in front of everyone. Prices are the best around - wWe tasted cupcakes at a few other places but Sugar Sweet Sunshine's were not only the best but the most affordable.

The Best Cupcakes

Reviewed on 8/21/2012 Hilary S

We get cupcakes from this shop all the time. Everyone loves them! We purchased their cupcakes for our wedding but have also used them for baby showers and birthdays. Very affordable ($1.75 per cupcake). They also make full cakes, as well.

Delicious cake!

Reviewed on 1/15/2012 Anna W

If you're looking for a simple, but very good tasting wedding cake, this is the place to go. They were very accommodating and everyone told me how great the cake was.

Sugar Sweet Sunshin - Deb

Reviewed on 9/27/2011 Kira O

Deb, the owner/founder/matermind behind SSS is so wonderful. She does not do many wedding cakes, but she did one for us, that was unbelievable. She even did a few trials cakes for us and sent pictures so we could make sure we were on the same page. My husband and I are in love... Read More with their cupcakes, but opted for a very simple and traditional 4 tier pistachio cake with moose (buttercream) icing. Deb with her team, did not disappoint! And the price was better than any other bakery we found. The design and details were not like traditional wedding cakes, as we kept it very very simple, but taste was more important than look for me.

Delicious!

Reviewed on 11/28/2010 Catherine D

Where to begin?? They worked with us last minute, and to have such a fluffy yummy chocolate inside and white icing outside with special adornments that tasted amazing too - this bakery is great!

Delicous and adorable

Reviewed on 8/26/2010 tracy f

We got about 150 cupcakes, both big and small, to accompany our giant cupcake wedding cake. They were so delicous and super adorable. The service we received was also fantastic, although we had to have someone pick them up because the delivery fee seemed awfully high for just a... Read More couple of miles. Overall, I would use them again in a second, and they are my favorite cupcake place in the city.

A-MAZ-ING Cupcakes and cakes

Reviewed on 5/14/2010 Anne J

My friend had these for her dessert table and they were a huge hit. I've had Sugar Sweet Sunshine cupakes a million times and they are my favorite in all of NYC. The perfect combo of sweetness and rich, moist cake. Best.icing. ever! They're also a great price too!

Review for Sugar Sweet Sunshine

Reviewed on 10/19/2008 Lindsay C

cupcake tree. Best in the City.;A little tough to work with over the phone but it worked out.