Memorable Weddings Don't Just Happen On Their Own!

Summit Event Catering has been catering weddings in Southern California for over 20 years and our talented team is proud and excited to provide everything you need to make your big day a success. Our passionate wedding professionals will guide you through each step of planning a wedding to remember.

American, Italian, Latin American, Fusion, Seafood

Dietary Options

Food + Catering

765 S. State College Blvd, Fullerton, CA

Love At First Bite

Reviewed on 8/10/2014 Athena L

Question...do you want to work with someone fun, energetic and accommodating and have the most delicious food in all land at your wedding without breaking the bank?! Solution...Veronica Medrano and Summit Catering!!! When my husband and I first started looking into food for... Read More our wedding we thought we’d be confined to the preferred caterer list of our venue, all of whom were outrageously expensive and a little uptight for our taste. Then our wedding planner suggested Summit, we met with Veronica (AKA Muscles) and we knew we’d found a needle in a haystack! We were stoked to find out that not only was Summit’s menu versatile and mouth watering (this from a couple who refer to themselves as Team Delicious), but amazingly they were less expensive than all the other caterers we’d looked at even with the buyout fee!!! Veronica really embraced putting our personalities and cultures into our menu, we had a Shrimp Etouffee (a nod to my Creole background) and Korean Street Tacos (a combo of my Korean angel’s and my Mexican background)...we even had a salad graciously named after me on the menu, which my hubby (a chef) makes me for me on a daily basis!!! I’m not surprised at the crazy amount of our guests who told us, “best food I’ve ever had at a wedding”...because it was!!!! It was incredible, the whole experience with Muscles and Summit was a dream! Not only was the food brilliant, Veronica a ball of infectious energy (truly a joy to be around, so much so that I want to be friends with her), their tasting offers you a chance to try 3 other couples’ menus so you can pick and choose (should you like another couple’s choices more than your own) and they even pack up leftovers for you to eat post wedding!!! Look into them yourself and I’m sure you’ll agree when I say Summit and Muscles are worth every penny!

5 is not enough stars for how AMAZING Summit is!

Reviewed on 12/16/2013 Jennifer C

I was frustrated in my search for a caterer for our unique geek-chic wedding. Not only did we want to incorporate a Star Wars theme to our food, but we wanted "breakfast for dinner" - waffles, bacon, omlette bar... the works. After talking to several caterers who just didn't get... Read More it, or even worse, tried to talk me out of it... the heavens opened up and brought me to Veronica at Summit. From the minute I started talking with her, I KNEW this was our catering company. Not only did she understand completely what we wanted, but she was SO EXCITED to work with us on every piece of it. From the menu to decor ideas, from KILLER appetizers (people are still talking about them) to our wedding pie for dessert (not a slice left), she worked with us to go beyond our wildest dreams of what our day could be, and somehow managed to keep it all in budget. Veronica even helped to manage our rentals to make sure everything was covered. And her team! They designed gorgeous and creative Star Wars-themed name cards for each item on the buffet, and the ham carving station server dressed up as a Jedi! They really went all out in every way imaginable. And every single person who helped with and/or attended our event was professional, fun and super sweet. And did I mention the food? HANDS DOWN the most delicious food we tasted. Everything is delicious and impeccable quality. Whether your wedding is a little wacky like ours, or elegant and traditional, you will not find better, more creative or caring people to work with than Veronica and Summit.

Reviewed on 12/11/2013 Veronica C

I cannot write a more glowing review for this company. Pam Aki is the absolute master at planning everything from food to set up at your wedding. She will keep you on track and remind you of important deadlines and things to do. She is so supportive and on top of things when... Read More the day comes! Not to mention the food, EVERYONE raved about how delicious it was and couldnt get enough! If you are having trouble finding a caterer, LOOK NO FURTHER!

The BEST!!!

Reviewed on 10/15/2013 holly n

Pam and the staff were wonderful and patient! They work with your budget and your taste. We had couples tasting and enjoyed it. It was nice that they had that so we could taste a variety of food. We loved a lot of the dishes and it was a little hard to make up our minds. I... Read More changed my menu so many times. Food and presentation was awesome! Thank you for a memorable time and being a part of our wedding!

Got a unique reception idea? Summit will make your dream come true!

Reviewed on 11/03/2014 Alice S

From day one of our engagement my husband and I knew we wanted the In-N-Out truck at our wedding. But the truck just does burgers. We needed a caterer to help make the rest of the reception happen (appetizers, sides, servers, etc.). As I dug into the pages and pages of caterers... Read More in So Cal, I put an inquiry in to Summit. Veronica called me within minutes of hitting send and I knew immediately Summit was the one for us! Veronica took time to understand our background, the type of reception we envisioned and our budget. She had tons of experience (and a great reputation!) with our venue, the Diamond Bar Center. The truth is you’re not only getting great catering with Summit, but staff with the expertise to help your whole event run flawlessly. On the day of the wedding Veronica and her staff did an amazing job of ensuring our guests were tended to and well fed. Even when we hit some bumps in the road Veronica worked alongside our other vendors to keep things moving smoothly Oh, and did I mention the food is delicious?! Summit provided tray passed appetizers, a French fry bar with 5 different sauces, as well as green beans, a salad and a pasta side. I lived in Belgium and fell in love with one of their frites sauces that I could never find in the U.S. Veronica made note and had the chef make the sauce special for the wedding. The guests raved about all the food! If you’re looking for a wedding caterer who will help make your unique event ideas come to life (while staying in budget), then Summit is for you!

Wonderful Staff

Reviewed on 9/16/2014

Pam was our contact at Summit Catering and she was incredible. From helping to determine how many tables we needed to accommodating last minute additions to the guest list; She made our experience easy and wonderful. The food was delicious on the day of and we have had lots of... Read More great reviews from guests. I would recommend, and have already recommended, Summit Catering to any friend hosting a large event/Wedding in Orange County.

BEYOND amazing! You will regret NOT using Summit!

Reviewed on 9/15/2014 Carrie M

I was referred to Summit by a friend who used them for her wedding. Before my wedding, I did not put much thought into the food or the catering (of course) but my husband was pretty particular about what we would serve at our wedding. From the moment I emailed Pam inquiring... Read More about Summit's services, I knew we had made the right choice! Not only did she make the catering part of our wedding so easy. she was able to reccommend so many other great vendors and put all of it together wonderfully for us! She was so prompt in answering mine and my mom's emails (and yes, there were a lot!). She never seemed annoyed or overwhelmed with anything we asked and she made everything so easy! It was like having another wedding coordinator completely! She has done so many weddings in Southern California so she is very familiar with so many venues, as well as vendors. Unfortunately she was out of town on our wedding date so we did not have her there to share in such an amazing day that she 100% orchestrated. I would reccomend her to absolutely anyone- no matter your budget. Just for the peace of mind of knowing that if she says she will take care of it- she absolutely will! The staff that worked our wedding was so incredibly professional! Our food was amazing- as we knew it would be because of the tasting we did. You will absolutely not regret hiring Summit, and specifically Pam Aki to do your wedding! It will be the best decision of your whole wedding!

Fabulous Food, Service and personel

Reviewed on 9/15/2014

Pam Aki with Summit is the most wonderful person to work with. she is calm , professional, and delivers on her word. She greets your guest as if theyare the most important people ever , everybody felt welcomed and delighted to attend the wedding. You can tell Pams crew enjoys... Read More working with her, nobody was grumpy or too busy to tend to the guest. The food was fabulous. Many people say they do not remember the food at a wedding because it is all the same. Not with Summit events catering . The food was a pleasure to remember, We hade the brisket, green beans, rosted vegie pasta(Amazing@ and beautiful presentation), Garden salad W the myers lemon vinergarett ...they should bottle the dressing it is so delicious , you will crave it every time you have salad! We also had the garlic mashed potatoes that were the fluffiest I have ever eaten! The whole evening was so fun and the atmosphere was positive and inviting. Thank you Pam! I cannot wait to have another event so we can meet again : )

More than just a caterer

Reviewed on 9/13/2014

Everyone always talks about what a stressful time planning a wedding is. Thanks to Summit Events that was not our experience at all! We planned our California wedding while living in New York and Pam Aki worked with our strange schedule and limited availability for meetings and... Read More caterers and made it all a breeze. We held our wedding in my Grandmother's backyard and Pam and her team at Summit organized all of our rentals (tables/chairs etc), linens, bar, and of course the food. They were our "one stop shop" for basically everything. As for the food, I have had many guests come and tell me that it was the best food they have ever had at weddings. Many of them adding that they had been to "A LOT" of weddings. Pam worked with us to create a menu that would work with our backyard wedding in the summertime. They also worked with us to incorporate a favorite family recipe into the appetizer hour. They had great ideas and a great menu but were also flexible in their menus and pricing to accommodate what WE wanted for our day. Day of service was phenomenal as well. The servers and chefs were friendly and helpful and made everything really easy for us and our families. From my perspective (the bride) everything went perfectly smoothly, and if it didn't they handled it so I didn't have to! Overall, I could not have asked for a better event caterer. They were so much more to us than just caterers and I would not hesitate to recommend them to EVERYONE for EVERY possible event.

The best in the business

Reviewed on 9/10/2014 Lauren B

I recently had my wedding at Soka University and chose to have Summit Event Catering as a vendor. I do not have one bad thing to say about Summit. Not only did everyone rave about the food (which was amazing), but our event coordinator, Veronica Medrano, was the greatest thing... Read More that ever happened to us! She is a true professional and will put your event at the top of her priority list always. No matter how busy she is, she will always make sure that you are taken care of. Any questions that you may have- food related or not- she is there. She is very accommodating with budgets and will absolutely work with you to make it work. She helped us more than words can say and I could not be happier with our decision to go with Summit! You will not regret it!

Reviewed on 9/10/2014 Brian S

We used Summit Event Catering for our wedding. They were awesome. We were overjoyed with everything from the food and service to their buffet table settings. The food was excellent and their service can't be beat. I wish I could give them more stars. Veronica was our event... Read More manager and she was great. I cannot say enough good things about her. She really helped my wife in the planning. I don't know what we would have done without her. I highly recommend Summit for your event. What a blessing it was to have them for our wedding. I hope you choose them too.

Perfect in Every Way

Reviewed on 9/09/2014 Taryn E

We could not have picked a better caterer. The food was exquisite, and the service was exceptional. I usually do not take the time to reviews, but in this case I want everyone to know how wonderful Summit Catering and their staff is. Veronica was our event manager, and she was... Read More so helpful. She understood my budget and really helped guide me through the process. Every question, food related or not, she gave me very helpful information. I used a majority of her suggestions on where to find other services, what to do in hairy situations, and general advice/recommendations on dealing with vendors. I did not even have to hire a wedding planner because she was so helpful. And did I mention the food was awesome. I have never been so impressed by a company's commitment to excellence and superb staff.

The best decision we made

Reviewed on 8/12/2014

My daughter researched several vendors for her wedding and called three from her list. The first two were very pricey and seemed to have limited options for our price range. From the second we spoke to Veronica at Summit, I knew we had found the right place. She was beyond... Read More accommodating and worked hard to fit within our budget, yet still giving us many options to customize our event. She also worked with the rental company and bartenders, acting as a liaison to make things easier for us. We had to put everything together within a five month time frame, so we had to work very hard at being organized. Veronica's enthusiasm, professionalism and willingness to handled even the smallest detail was so appreciated. The best compliment I can give Summit is that our guests raved about not only the taste of the food, but that it was hot when it reached the table. Many of our guests had attended other weddings where the pace of the meal and the temperature of the food were greatly lacking. Summit prepares the food "on site" so it is fresh, tasty and hot. Their staff is friendly, professional and very attentive. My younger daughter is getting married in June of 2015, and my call to Summit was the first one I made. I would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone looking to cater an event. For the money and quality, you can't do better. (It should be noted that the total cost included all our rentals, bar and catering....everything!)

Reviewed on 6/05/2014 Kristine M

I worked with Pam from Summit Event Catering. She provided me with amazing service and worked well around my budget for my wedding day. The quality of the food exceeded my expectations considering how affordable it was! I recommend them to everyone!

Five star in way!

Reviewed on 10/07/2013 Nat D

The service was consistently impeccable - from the time I requested a quote to after my wedding. Food was delicious! My guest raved about every course. Nothing was too much to ask - adding in addition heads at the last minuet, organizing the rentals, suggesting photographers,... Read More florists, videographers etc. I highly recommend Summit Events! Five star in way!

Not just a catering event service, a friend for life.

Reviewed on 10/01/2013 VI N

A lucky girl can only dream of having the perfect wedding but I was fortunate to have my perfect wedding come to life. This was with the help of Summit Catering. My husband and I got married on a sunny afternoon at the Vibiana in Downtown Los Angeles. If you know downtown,... Read More most venues require you to use one of their preferred vendors but Vibiana allowed us to have an outside catering come in. We decided to use yelp to find our caterer and came across summit catering. We initially thought of having the 10 course family style asian cuisine, but wanted to give Summit a chance. I'm so glad we did. We met with the nicest, understanding person, Veronica. She invited us to a tasting with 5 other couples to try food that we have chosen as well as sample the food the other couples have chosen. It was good idea because everything that we tasted was delicious! Veronica made everything so simple. We gave her a budget and she stuck with it, always trying to give us the best bang for our buck. I couldn't have imagine my wedding without her. Summit catering is definitely a place you want to check out when it comes to catering services. Look for Veronica. She is small but mighty and she will make your perfect wedding come to life. I still get hungry when I think of the food that was served at my wedding. It was delicious!

Summit is all you need.

Reviewed on 9/18/2013 Katherine S

I cannot say enough good things about Summit and yet, I don't even know where to begin. I suppose I'll start with Pam Aki, my event coordinator there. She is simply FANTASTIC! She is professional, knowledgeable, patient, and incredibly kind and warm. I don't know how I would... Read More have gotten through all the planning and details without her guidance. Summit provided me with comprehensive event coordination. Pam connected me with rental, linen, and drapery vendors that were within my budget. Since my husband was in law school at the time, our budget was very tight and I appreciated the fact that Pam never tried to upsell me on anything. We told her what we wanted, how much we could spend, and Pam gave us only what we asked for. Nothing more, nothing less. She always had solutions if we wanted to try this thing or that. She was very patient and adaptable since we continually changed our menu. However, my glowing feelings for Summit are not only directed at Pam. Everyone I worked with was just like her: professional, friendly, and on top of their game. And I mean everyone from the staff, other wedding coordinators, and the owner himself! My wedding went off without a hitch and all of my guests exclaimed how good the food was. If you're reading this, stop looking. Summit is all you need.

Veronica was amazing!

Reviewed on 8/27/2013 Christina R

When first deciding which caterer to go with, it was a hard decision and many seemed reputable, but I am SOO happy that I went with Summit! Veronica gave me exactly what I wanted, worked with my budget, and we had zero problems that night. Food tasted amazing, the servers were... Read More extremely nice, and many guests were raving on about how awesome the food was. I paid full out early on so I was able to receive some promotional discounts which was awesome. I would definitely recommend Summit to any bride.

Reviewed on 8/06/2013 Barbara K

Summit Event Catering was absolutely wonderful...the food, the staff, presentation, service, and quality was beyond our expectations. We received so many complements on the food. Pam provided amazing service and support as we planned our wedding. My husband and I were thrilled... Read More with our reception. We highly recommend Summit Event Catering.

delicious and tickled the palette

Reviewed on 5/16/2013 Katie P

We had an amazing and tasteful experience with SEC. Our menu was diverse yet simple. The price point was fantastic and the customer service was exquisite. Veronica was amazing to work with. I can't say enough great things about SEC; if food is your #1 priority ... you NEED... Read More SEC

Reviewed on 10/22/2012 Alea F

Ok where do I start!!! Well first and for most there food is amazing and they have a large variety on the menu so don't be afraid to ask. Second Veronica Medrano the Event Specialist who worked with me is a phenomenal person. She made the experience less stressful and helped me... Read More with anything and everything. If I had a silly question she informed me it wasn't silly and answered it. How can you go wrong. The company it's self is very professional and a great company. If I had to do it again I would a 1000 times with them and Veronica!!!! I have had nothing but compliments on how wonderful the food was the day of my wedding and people are still talking about it. Oh and the most important part they are super affordable and will help fit your budget just let them know. Well I hope my review has been helpful! Please be sure to check them out I was satisfied and love them. Hope to have a party in the future so I can re-use them.😊

Satisfied Bride & Groom

Reviewed on 10/16/2012 CHRISTINA H

Pam Aki and her team at Summit Event Catering did a great job at our wedding. The food was delicious, we are still getting compliments on how tasty all of it was. They made planning fun and simple. We will continue to reccommend them. We were truly satisfied.

Veronica and Summit Catering are the way to go!!

Reviewed on 9/28/2012 Kristen Michelle H

I don’t even know where to begin… Veronica at Summit is absolutely AWESOME! She worked with our budget and ensured we got everything we wanted. Not to mention, we found our gorgeous venue through her as well as ALL our vendors. Talk about having a world class team for our... Read More wedding! Everything went flawlessly: on schedule and according to plan. Their food is also fantastic! I couldn’t have asked for more from a catering company. They went way above and beyond what was required to make sure our day went perfectly. Our wedding is a day I will always remember and I will never forget that it was thanks to Veronica that everything turned out the way it did. I absolutely adore her! You would be crazy not to hire her for your wedding! Just pick up the phone and call her… you will see exactly what I’m talking about! Impeccable service and you can always reach her—night or day.

Perfect Wedding Catering!

Reviewed on 9/22/2012 Tamara M

Wedding catering is all about the service, and Summit did a great job. They were affordable, punctual, and provided excellent food. Many guests commented on the quality of the food. They also do an amazing coffee bar, and drink service. Once we hired Summit, they... Read More handled everything that would be expected of a caterer, and we didn't have to worry about them. We personally worked with Pam at Summit, and we were very happy with her.

Reviewed on 9/03/2012 Bianca G

Veronica and her team were the most amazing caterers I could ever imagine! From beginning to end my entire experience was just perfect. The food was so delicious and allof oour guest had nothing but great things to say. From traditional wedding food to unique themed foods (which... Read More we did) Summit Event Caterer fit your every need.

TO Summit Event Catering