Sun Gold Photography

Central Texas, Texas Hill Country, Caribbean Destinations

Wedding - Engagement & Lifestyle - Portrait

Sun Gold Photography is a husband and wife photography team based in the New Braunfels/San Antonio, Texas area, serving the Central Texas, Gulf Coast and Caribbean Destination areas. Our service includes Weddings, Engagement & Lifestyle, and Portrait photography with a creative, modern, fun approach.

Artistic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Social Media Sharing

Central Texas, Texas Hill Country, Caribbean Destinations (830) 609-9018

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Charity E

love. Love. LOVE. They are the best in the New Braunfels area! They have been on several covers of magazines and their photos speak for themselves but incase you are still questioning it and want my personal opinion, My husband and I love Sun Gold Photography! We heard about... Read More them because of my sister-in-law when we paid for her wedding photography. When they sent us her proofs everyone fell in love with them and we instantly wished we knew about them when we got married because we would have hired them in a heartbeat. The way they capture the moment is exactly how you see it and feel it. We loved them so much that we just recently took trash the dress photos with them to get some of their photos in our wedding day attire and cannot wait to see those. You will not be disappointed when you receive your photos and will be glad you spent the extra money on people that know what they are doing. We love Damian and Paula so much, recommend them to everyone, and will not use anyone else!

2017-08-15T18:12:08 Response from the vendor

Oh my goodness, thank you so much. The pleasure was all ours. You are ROCKSTARS!! <3

Reviewed on 4/06/2017 kimberly c

I think it was truly a Godsend to find Damian and Paula. They were the answer to every prayer I had for wedding photographers. They are not only amazing people but their work was out of this world. I had probably 350 people at my wedding and the number one thing talked about... Read More that day was how friendly, professional and personable Damian was at the wedding. In a few short weeks I had my pictures and they take my breath away. I thank the Lord for this company and how they captured every precious moment. (I am a photographer myself and am insanely critical, and I would recommend them to every single person I talk to!)

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Brittany B

If I could give Sun Gold 100 stars I would. I met Damian and Paula at the San Antonio Bridal Expo. They blew me away on their professionalism and personality I ended up booking right away. Damian takes beautiful pictures and captured everything we wanted. He made our day so... Read More special by incorporating the river and firehouse! We will use sun gold in the future for all of our big moments. Thank you for being apart of our day! Future brides: there is no need to look any further. You found your wedding photographer!

2016-10-20T09:28:02 Response from the vendor

Awww, thank you so much Brittany and Jorge. You guys were so much fun to work with. ROCKSTARS I tell you!

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Jenna G

Book them NOW! I wish I could given them 1000 stars. I met Damian and Paula at a Wedding Expo and knew right away I needed them in my life. We took bridal photos in Gruene and on that day it had to be in the 50s, which felt great to me! They kept our spirits high and laughing... Read More the entire day. The bridal portraits are phenomenal! The day of the wedding they arrived early and ready to have fun! They (as well as the videographer) kept us laughing and brought a calmness to the day. The were respectful the entire day and gave instructions very well. I made sure to dance with them at the reception! The photos were turned around very quickly and once again blew me away. Another note that should make you book them now... my husband was a ball of nerves that day and even HE agrees the photographers were phenomenal. I will for sure, no doubt in my mind, call Damian and Paula the next time we need photos taken. I could not have found better photographers, as well as better people!

Reviewed on 4/12/2017 Jessica S

Damian and Paula were extremely helpful and nice when we first met them at the bridal extravaganza. Damian did a fantastic job with creating the best setup for each photo. They were quick to respond and very receptive to each of our requests! I hope to use them again for... Read More photography of our family!

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Jennine S

My husband and I would 200% recommend Clayton with Sun Gold Photography. We were amazed at the pictures that were taken on our big day. Clayton had an eye for detail and captured all the special moments. We couldn't complement him enough.

2016-11-09T09:44:55 Response from the vendor

You guys are definitely Rock Stars. We had the most amazing time with you. I will always remember your sentimental details, and felt the love among you all. Thank You too. Clayton, Paula, and Meagan. :) <3

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Michele K

Amazing! Amazing! Amazing! I love how they can capture the movement of the moment in a photo. So dynamic! I am someone that hates to be the center of attention, but they were able to make me feel immediately comfortable which was important for the shots.

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Meagan M

Damian and Paula are a blast!!! We had our engagements photos done and can not wait for them to do our wedding! I get so nervous in front of the camera and they brought so much ease and laughter, our pictures came out amazing !! The quality is better than I could ever dream. I... Read More am so thankful !!

Reviewed on 5/27/2016 Taylor N

We got married on a rainy day in May. The Sun Gold team used the elements to capture breath-taking photographs. They were so professional and warm with my wedding party and family, and kept the energy up all day!

Reviewed on 3/10/2016 Phyllis G

Wedding: Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, Montego Bay, Jamaica (July 19, 2015) Next to agreeing to marry my husband, picking Sun Gold Photography to capture our wedding day was the best decision I ever made!! From start to finish, working with Damian and Paula was such a joy.... Read More Wedding planning can be stressful, esp. planning a destination wedding, so I was worried about booking a photographer that I wouldn’t meet in person until the wedding day. From the first email, I was put at ease and knew we were in good hands. They were very responsive and flexible with all my questions and the cost was great!!! The day of the wedding, when we met, it was like meeting up with old friends. I did not have one crazed moment. I was calm and cool mainly because of them. I felt so comfortable and confident that they had everything handled. They arrived on time and even had an extra person to make the day run even smoother. They were able to deal with my crazy family and keep order too! Every single detail of our day was captured perfectly. At the end of the night, I was just so happy we had the best team looking after us. The next day we had our trash the dress shoot and once again Damian and Paula wowed us! My husband was not big on being in the water and taking more pictures, but I think he enjoyed it more than I did! It was the icing on the cake for the best weekend ever! When we got out pictures back it was so hard to choose our favorites because we loved them all!! The quality of their work is impeccable. I cried looking at the pictures. The whole process of selecting the pictures and receiving the album was so easy and super quick!! OUR ALBUM IS BEAUTIFUL!!! I've never seen anything like it. I'm so happy that we have such a stunning snapshot of our special day to keep forever and show our children one day. Damian & Paula (Sun Gold Photography) are a class act all the way! Book them for your engagement/wedding and you will not be disappointed one bit. I have single friends who are just waiting to find a man, so they can get married and have this fab team as photographers :-) All of my guests loved them and we are happy to now call them family. Happy planning!

Reviewed on 2/10/2016 Larra C

Damien & Paula were excellent! I can't say enough good things. I never felt like they were looking at their watch or rushing. They were there for all the important moments up until the very end. My guests couldn't stop talking about how great my photographers were! The photos... Read More came out so beautiful. I am beyond happy with my choice to go with Sun Gold. I was married in Jamaica in December. I had a lot of choices in photographers, but I made the best choice. I highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 12/14/2015 Dyran W

When we first met up with Mrs. Paula and Mr. Damian we didn't know what to expect, totally nervous and camera shy! We meet and instantly felt comfortable. We didn't feel pressured to say yes, but because we became so comfortable we knew right when leaving we wanted them to... Read More capture or big day! During the engagement session we laughed and had a blast while they both made it about us and made it a point to get to know us and who we are. Our engagement photos turned out amazing. All of the pictures that were taken were given to us with no time to blink! They made sure we had them right away. From then on my husband and I could not wait for wedding day! That's day they showed up well before the ceremony and captured all the memories of the day, from the venue to the scenery and decor. Which means a lot to a bride and groom who's day flies by. We are so blessed to have had the opportunity for them to be at our wedding and work with. Once our wedding pictures came in my family could not wait to share them with everyone. We are still in such amaze at how they have made our picture come to life, we get compliments about them always. I highly recommend the Williams and their wonderful work.

Reviewed on 11/02/2015 Kelly Michael H

When we started our wedding planning, choosing the perfect photographer was at the top of our list. My husband and I wanted to be able to capture every detail of our wedding adventure. We did not have to look far, as we found the most talented husband and wife team right here... Read More in our own town of New Braunfels, TX. Damian and Paula are an outstanding team. This team is very outgoing yet professional. We met with them and immediately called them back that same evening to lock in our date, as we knew they would book up fast! We choose the "I want it all package" - starting with our engagement session, followed by Bridals and of course our wedding day. Damian was able to capture some very unique and stunning shots during our engagement session, but when I saw my Bridal portraits I was so blown away, they were stunning, elegant and I love them! The groomsmen photos were something unique, yet "Texas Classic" and rustic, and memorable. Damian and Paula found a very beautiful location to achieve this scene. The pictures will last more than just a life time, but for generations for our family to remember. Many of our guest commented on the unique beauty they were able to capture during all of our session. If you are looking for the absolute best photographers, no need to look any further, Sun Gold Photography will capture each magical moment of your dream wedding! Kelly-Michael & Shanna Kay

Amazing Talent

Reviewed on 10/26/2015

LOVE

When it's right, you know it!

Reviewed on 10/24/2015 LAURA H

Our daughter, the bride, lives in Houston. On one of her weekends in San Antonio to handle wedding business we decided to cold-call some photographers based on their websites. Though they had a shoot later that afternoon, Damian and Paula squeezed us into their busy... Read More afternoon to meet, see examples of their work and discuss their services. They were warm and welcoming, easy going and obviously very talented. It wasn't a difficult decision; we knew they were the photographers for her wedding and bridal portraits and they did not disappoint! They were friendly and fun and got along great with all the wedding party and guests. We would use them again in a heartbeat. Their work has a unique artistic quality and captured our daughter wonderfully. You can tell they genuinely care and it shows in their work and how they relate to the people and places they photograph.

WOW!!!

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 rachel p

Damian and Paula were amazing to work with. The first time I went to meet them they were so welcoming and easy to get along with. My husband and I took engagement pictures with them and those turned out to be some of the best pictures, that we have enjoyed sharing with family... Read More and friends. I also took bridal portrait with them and those turned out outstanding. The wedding pictures are just stunning. If you are looking for natural pictures these two awesome people know how to capture the moment. They were very professional and did anything we asked of them. I would highly recommend Sun Gold Photography for you wedding!!!

Reviewed on 9/19/2015 Cassandra L

My name is Cassandra and we got married at Granberry Hills on sept 6th. Paula and Damien are amazing! They did our save the dates and wedding. As a couple that hate taking pictures anyone that can get us to actually enjoy a photo session deserves a medal! For our save the dates... Read More it was hot and outside but they had us cracking up the whole time and actually enjoying the session. Damiens energy is so insane you cant help but smile around him. He knows exactly how to make you look the best ! At our wedding I was dreading pictures because i'm more of the lets get to the party kinda girl but I also knew I would want the pictures later and he made it as painless as it could be, I cant imagine the torture another photographer might have made me go through! On top of the pictures after the ceremony during our reception at the beginning when my husband and i were first eating her comes and shows me a picture of a sunset and i thought what are you showing me, well he says this is your sunset its your choice but we can go now. What was I to do it was beautiful so we dragged our butts to the parking lot b/c he knows a good shot that's for sure! During reception everyone wants pics and Damien would set up everyone and himself before ever making us come over, for this I love him even more! I recommend this sweet couple to all brides !

Reviewed on 7/25/2015 Megan D

If you want to feel special on your wedding day, then give Paula and Damian a call. What an amazing treat it was to have them join our family for the day. From the first meeting, to all the phone calls and texts in between we felt that they truly wanted us to have a blast and... Read More show off for the camera. They arrived early and stayed until the end, taking wonderful posed and candids throughout the evening. My guests continue to comment on the awesome photographers we had and how lucky we are. I can't recommend them enough!

Sun Gold Photography 4.24.15

Reviewed on 5/24/2015 Andrea F

My husband and I were married at Rockhouse Hotel in Negril Jamaica on April 24th 2015, and we were lucky enough to have Damian and Paula there to capture our amazing day. When I got engaged and decided on a small wedding in Jamaica, the hunt for an awesome photographer was... Read More on. The search didn't take long, as soon as I found Sun Gold and saw their photos, I knew I needed to book them ASAP. I loved their style and also the fact they are a husband and wife team! They showed up on the wedding day, and it was almost like we had known each other for years! They are extremely professional, and made my husband and I feel so comfortable. The whole day and night they took pictures nonstop! They work together seamlessly and the results are incredible! They are so creative and fun, and it's reflected in the photos they take. I was absolutely blown away! Everyone at the wedding had SO much fun with Paula and Damian, and kept commenting on what sweet, wonderful people they truly are. I couldn't agree more! On top of being extremely talented photographers, they felt like family at our wedding, and our day would not have been the same without them. I recommend Sun Gold to anyone and everyone!!

Reviewed on 5/05/2015

I really can't begin to say how wonderful Sun Gold is. I shopped around forever and as soon as I meet them at the Bridal Extravaganza, I knew I better get them! They have captured our memories in the most amazing way. I never felt rushed or unimportant. To tell you the truth... Read More they have become more like dear friends then just a Vendor. I will use Damion and Paula for many years to come! Sun Gold is the best there is!

Exquisite photos

Reviewed on 4/26/2015 Leah F

Damian and Paula are so easy to work with! We had engagement, bridal, and wedding photos. Damian always has his eye on the perfect picture. They do not scrimp on photos - they are constantly working - and are truly interested in giving the best quality photo, not just a photo.... Read More Wedding photos are the one thing that you will have for years to come - I can highly recommend SunGold Photography.

Damian and Paula. Wow!

Reviewed on 6/09/2014 Sydnie C

These two are seriously the best! My fiance and I used them for engagement pictures and they were nothing short of amazing. We had so much fun working with them, and Damian is a true artist. We purchased a two hour package and it was an incredible deal. They were a third of... Read More the price of another couple we know who recently had engagement pictures done by someone else. (and ours are better quality :D) I can't praise these two enough, they were patient with us and made us feel so comfortable. They really got us to be ourselves and it translated into some incredible shots. I am not exaggerating at all when I say I was in tears looking at the pictures! (before they were even edited) I looked up different shots that I wanted to do before hand, and they were more than happy to accomodate! These two were truely a blast to hang out with! I wish there were ten stars to give Sun Gold Photography because they absolutely deserve it!!

Cool photographers

Reviewed on 4/28/2013 Michale S

Ronald is pretty good with his clients. He makes you relaxed, and knows how to get you to give that smile !

Montego Bay, Jamaica SUNGOLD PHOTOGRAPHY

Reviewed on 3/09/2012 Erin C

I had a destination wedding at Grand Rose Hall with 28 of my close family and friends. 1st the resort is amazing! I was looking and researching and could find no photographer for months on end.. I contacted my wedding coordinator at the resort and she said Sungold Photography... Read More was their best vendor. I called Paula and in our 1st conversation was warm and happy and informative and I just knew they were it! I looked at their website and WOW, their pictures speak for themselves. They caught so many moments in their photography. I booked them and on the day of my wedding they showed up 30 mins early! They came to my room and I was struck at how warm, nice, creative, and fun they were. Damien told me to just have a good time and that we did!! He directed us to the shots and also told us to just talk and enjoy each other!!! He went to my husband's room and Erick was very impressed. Then the wedding happened. Damien and Paula DID NOT STOP taking pictures for 5 hours straight!!! The pictures he directed were wildly creative and fun AND ME! At the end of them doing pics I just wanted them to stay and have fun with us since they were so amazing and great at what they did all night long! My Mom was amazed at their abilities and at the end of the night said she couldn't wait to see them! Instead of staying they left and said they had much work to do to get these done for us! WOW WOW WOW! If you are looking for a photographer in Texas, Jamaica, or the Caribbean SUNGOLD PHOTOGRAPHY is for you!!!! The cost was great, their creative abilities were just amazing, and in the end we had a great time taking the photo's as well. I would tell anyone to use them wholeheartedly!

Paula & Damian Williams

Sun Gold Photography by Paula & Damian Williams, is an award winning boutique style photography team. We are fun, engaging and super cool photographers, helping to make your day as enjoyable as it is memorable. We specialize in Weddings, Engagement and Lifestyle Portraits, as well as Family and High School Seniors and are local to the San Antonio, TX area. Check out our portfolio for more awesomeness.