Sunset Weddings by Gulf Drive Cafe

Bradenton Beach, FL

The Sunset Weddings by Gulf Drive Café

Our waterfront venue is one of Anna Maria Island’s most appealing sites for wedding celebrations. The Gulf Drive Café overlooks sugar white sands, the Gulf of Mexico’s turquoise waters and a multi-colored horizon during sunset. Our team of experts will work with you on creating your perfect tropical dream wedding. For your ceremony, the Gulf waves and setting sun provide a picturesque backdrop when saying, “I Do.” Only steps away is our Sunset Tiki Hut, a reception space perfectly suited for groups up to 175 people. Smaller groups of fewer than twenty people may also choose to have the reception at our smaller Seaside Tiki Hut. Here you can enjoy your dinner at our custom 20-foot wood banquet table and dine alfresco with your toes in the sand.

• Outdoor - Covered

Waterfront, Beach, Restaurant

Bar + Drinks, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

900 Gulf Drive North, Bradenton Beach, FL (941) 778-1919

Reviewed on 6/27/2017 Audrey R

Laura is a rock star and the location is gorgeous! I looked everywhere around Florida and just kept coming back to this venue - it was exactly what I was looking for. Laura was so helpful and patiently answered my millions of questions beforehand. This was a destination... Read More wedding for me so I was a little nervous, but everything came together perfectly. Reading another review, yes, there was a service charge added to the total, but that's not uncommon at all. Laura was willing to make as many adjustments to the contract as we wanted and everything was very clearly laid out before we signed - there was nothing hidden or unexpected that popped up at the end. Back to Laura - wow. I had plenty of friends and family ready and willing to set up the reception location but needn't have bothered - we dropped everything off in the morning, gave her a general idea of what we wanted and by the time a couple of people went over to set it up it was already done and beautiful. Whether it was handing us our first cocktail as a married couple, snapping some unique shots with her phone that the photographers didn't catch, or delivering our dinner to our table so we could relax instead of going through the buffet line, she made everything so easy and effortless that I was truly able to enjoy the evening without worrying about anything at all. When we decided on a flower girl at the last minute and didn't have a handled basket, she made one by tying a little strip of burlap onto a basket for her. I never felt like I had to compromise on anything that I wanted - she made it all happen without exasperation and seemed happy to help the entire time. After the blur of the evening I tried to think back to anything that had gone wrong or anything I would have done differently and honestly could not. I am so glad that I chose this venue.

Reviewed on 11/05/2016 Maria P

I would highly recommend the Gulf Dr Cafe for wedding ceremony/receptions. We had a great time for our Wedding on the 21st of October. Laura and her team were great to work with and they were very accommodating to our needs. I planned this wedding from out of state and we were... Read More still able to plan out all the details we wanted for the night of. Laura was also very helpful by giving suggestions for the event based on previous weddings she had seen at the venue. Talking with Laura definitely put me at ease to know I was in good hands with someone who is very experienced in events as these. As for the night of, Laura had guided us through the whole thing making sure we didn't miss any events in our schedule. It was very easy to follow her lead and enjoy the night. This was such a special day for my husband and I and we can't thank Laura and her team enough for all they did to make our wedding a night to remember.

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Alma M

BE WARE of undisclosed fees. We met with Laura , event coordinator, and specifically asked about what would be included or not included with the site fee. Big suprise when we got our estimate showing additional fees ( plus taxes )on everything from basic linens to servers for... Read More the buffet, and event coordinator fee. Though Laura had assured us those items were " included " with the site fee, and even went as far as to say during our meeting " and you get ME to coordinate your weeding day! ". Guess she conveniently forgot to disclose pretty much everything , including her services , were ' included' for an additional fee .When we pointed this out to her, she went on to say " the fees are the fees" and that her fee is " only $400 whereas other event coordinators charge over $1000". She also proudly mentioned that she "was voted #1 planner ". I was extremely disappointed with her responses ,I felt we were misled and treated unprofessionally.

Reviewed on 6/18/2017 Jada B

Laura was simply amazing at helping us plan an incredible wedding on a relatively short time table. Everything was perfect and she was delightful in every way. We couldn't have been more pleased with the entire process and our day was everything we had hoped!!

Reviewed on 6/18/2017 Ashley S

Our wedding coordinator Laura did a phenomenal job making sure everything was just right for our special day! She went above and beyond my expectations and left us with little to nothing to worry about! I could not be happier with how well Laura continuously communicated and... Read More helped us out with making our wedding day everything we hoped it would be. Would recommend with high regard for couples to get married at Gulf Drive Cafe!

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Stephanie M

My husband and I got married here on May 28, 2017. I cannot say enough wonderful things! Laura is beyond amazing. She took care of everything and kept in contact with us while we planned the wedding from 5 states away. She worked so hard and made sure we had everything we... Read More wanted. Even though our wedding took place on Memorial Day weekend and was probably one of the busiest times for the venue itself, she made sure everything was perfect... even bumping us up to a larger, more private space since it wasn't rented. I honestly could not think of anything to complain about, even if I tried! I highly recommend this venue, and especially Laura's coordinating services.

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Stephanie M

Reviewed on 3/17/2017 Sarah L

Our wedding turned out PERFECT. Laura was awesome and made everything easy the day of and all the days leading up to the wedding. We live in Ohio so planning a wedding in Florida could be difficult but it WAS NOT. The food was amazing and the weather and sunset was perfect as... Read More well. Could not of asked for a more perfect day!!

Reviewed on 1/19/2017 Paula C

Laura was great! She had spectacular ideas that made our day unforgettable. The food, service and atmosphere were all top notch.

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Anna D

We’re so happy we chose to get married at Gulf Drive. The view and atmosphere of the beach ceremony and tiki hut reception were exactly what we were looking for, and the staff made the day unforgettable. We were able to plan most of the details over phone/email all the way from... Read More Texas without issue. I’m still amazed at the value we got for the money we spent, and would do it all over again in a heartbeat. The waitstaff was super attentive and kind, and went out of their way to make us feel special. The bartender (Randy) even came over to our breakfast table the following morning to ask us how we were feeling. The whole staff is clearly made up of good people who wanted us to have a great time.  Our coordinator Laura was fantastic as well. She went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect. One of our wedding guests even mentioned that she (politely) chased a few tourists off the beach and out of camera frame during our ceremony. Laura clearly has a lot on her plate, so if you can’t get a hold of her immediately, just be sure to follow up. She alleviated any concerns we had, no matter how small or silly they may have seemed to her, and took extra good care of us the day of the wedding. We even found a little note from her on some to-go boxes filled with leftover food.  This was everything we wanted and then some, and we can’t recommend this place enough.

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Christine T

As a wedding coordinator it was such a pleasure working with Laura Snow the event planner. She is extremely detail oriented and just an amazing person.

My Dream Wedding

Reviewed on 9/10/2015 Alina R

My family spend every summer on Anna Maria Island since before I was born. When I was 5 years old, I saw a wedding on the beach there, and knew that I wanted to have my own wedding there someday. 22 years later, my dream came true! During my search for wedding venues, we had... Read More a hard time on Anna Maria, because we have a very large family. I ended up with around 160 guests, and many of the other venues on the island didn't allow that many guests. We also had a band in mind that we wanted, and many of the other venues had issues with us bringing our own band that they had not approved of. When I talked to Kelli at Gulf Drive, she welcomed all of this news with excitement! Kelli was so incredibly helpful and patient with my mother and me throughout the entire process. She's understanding and helpful, and extremely generous with her time. I have nothing but kind words to say about Kelli--I feel so lucky to have had her helping me through the wedding process. The venue itself is gorgeous because it is right on my favorite beach in the world! The tiki hut is perfect for the reception, and I absolutely loved having it there. I highly recommend Kelli and Gulf Drive Cafe!

Lovely

Reviewed on 10/22/2014 Leigh C

Wedding site, along with reception site.

Beautiful and unique!

Reviewed on 4/13/2013 Jessica B

I always wanted an outdoor wedding, and refused to have the reception in a ballroom. The tiki hut is beautiful and spacious. Just what we wanted! The communication with the staff was a bit tricky, and we ended up having some problems with the bill. However, everyone was very... Read More understanding and helpful. As for the food, it was very tasty but a bit dry... which is what we thought and also heard from some of our guests. Overall everything turned our pretty great! We are returning customers at their restaurant. The place is amazing.

relaxed and pretty

Reviewed on 11/05/2012 Alisha K

beautiful view! great staff

Wonderful!

Reviewed on 7/11/2011 Krista K

We held our ceremony on the beach and reception in the Tiki Hut. Everything was wonderful! The food and service were both very good. It was very private even though it is close to the road. Everyone loved the location close to the beach, but not in the sand. Would highly... Read More recommend!