Susan Hennessey Photography

New Jersey, PA, DE, NY & Beyond!

Timeless, emotional, joyful.

Timeless images, a bright, candid style, and a natural light approach are what sets Susan Hennessey Photography apart from others. I specialize in weddings, engagements, families, and maternity photography, and I understand that the magic is in the details.

Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle

Getting Engaged, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Photo, Printed Enlargements, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Wedding Albums

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100

55 Red Leaf Road, Moorestown, NJ New Jersey, PA, DE, NY & Beyond! (917) 855-5402

Reviewed on 10/01/2015

I wish I could give Susan 10 stars for her expertise in wedding photography - we are SO THRILLED we booked with her for both our engagement shoot and our wedding photos. Throughout the entire process, I felt like I was talking to a close friend, someone who I could trust and... Read More talk to about anything regarding photos and the big day. We did our engagement shoot in Central Park where Susan used the sunset lighting and colorful fall leaves as the perfect backdrop and setting for our pictures. They came out GORGEOUS and we have received compliments right and left on them. For the wedding day, I requested that the second shooter speak a little Spanish as my husband's family was from Guatemala and many do not speak or understand English. When the second shooter she booked dropped a few weeks before our date, she searched high and low and did not stop until she found someone else who spoke Spanish to fill the spot as she knew how important that was to us. It was such a relief and Alex (the Spanish speaking second shooter) was so incredibly helpful. Susan really knows what she is doing, is 100% professional and also is completely down to earth and FUN. She is great at advising the people in the photo to do what will look good and really knows how to engage those who are maybe a little camera shy. She is excellent at working with the weather and lighting and also the vibe of the group to get the best shots. Susan was by far my favorite vendor out of anyone we worked with for the wedding because everything exceeded my expectations and ran smoothly because of her hard work and dedication. Our photos are beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, and I couldn't have asked for a better service. I could go on for hours about how thrilled we were with her work but will stop here so you can go and BOOK HER NOW!

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Laura F

I had a hard time finding a photographer that I felt confident and comfortable with. I came across Susan on The Knot and was impressed with the style of her photos. The first time I spoke with her on the phone, I instantly felt like she understood what I was looking for. I felt... Read More confident that having her as my photographer would be easy and fun, and that my pictures would be perfect. Every step along the way was so easy with Susan, from signing the contract to setting up our engagement pictures, she was very flexible and accommodating. We had to reschedule our shoot last minute about 3 times due to inclement weather, and she was so easy going about it! I was unsure if I even wanted to do an engagement shoot but I was so happy that we did because it was a nice way to meet each other and for me and my husband to be comfortable being photographed - I definitely recommend doing one! Before our wedding day, she was very thorough in discussing all of the details for the day, creating a time line, and going over which pictures I wanted done. I was so nervous about the timeline of everything, and she made me feel completely at ease. She always had an "I got this!" attitude that made me feel like I did not need to worry. The day of wedding went so smoothly because she helped to keep everything on track. We received a sneak peek a week after the wedding and I was in awe of how gorgeous the pictures were. About 4-5 weeks after the wedding, we received all of our wedding pictures! Every. single. picture is perfect. Susan captured every special moment even better than I could have imagined. The style of her candid pictures look so bright and natural. The day goes so quickly, and I am so happy to have these pictures to relive our special day forever. When I need a photographer in the future (anniversary pictures, baby pics), I am so happy that I know I can depend on Susan.

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Jaclyn I

Susan did both our engagement photos and our wedding photos, and we couldn't have asked for a more organized, reliable, and positive person to take care of all our photography needs! From helping us out with our day-of timeline to creating beautifully composed images that... Read More captured the feeling of our day, she went above and beyond our expectations and made sure everything went smoothly from the start. She was always very helpful and prompt with responding to questions, and she really knows her stuff when it comes to planning out your wedding photos and all the shots you want to get. Her attention to detail was so helpful. It was truly a great experience working with her!

Reviewed on 2/11/2018 Lisa C

You put a lot of work into planning a wedding and so many people told us the day would go by so fast and it truly did. There is so much we want to remember about that day. Now we have our wedding photos that include the wedding ceremony, the meticulous bouquets and floral... Read More arrangements for table centerpieces, our cake, our venue, our family and guests and … US. Susan is a true professional and knows how to be there but not be in the way. She helped us plan in advance what photos were important to us and added her own creativity to make them spectacular. She kept true to a schedule and gave us so many options to choose amongst. She caught our once in a lifetime moment that we can cherish forever and we are grateful. Susan is so sweet and personable, my entire bridal party loved her so much! My mom and I have already reccommended her as a photographer to multiple new brides!

Reviewed on 1/26/2018 Kaitlyn M

Susan by far was one of the top vendors I booked for my wedding on 10/20/17. From the minute I first spoke to Susan I knew she was the photographer for me she was beyond organized right from the start. Susan drove to Hoboken so I could get Engagement Pictures with the NYC... Read More skyline. When the time gets crazy right before the wedding, Susan makes creating a time line and photo list effortless. On the day of she flawlessly executed the day and captured the most beautiful photos also while keeping our huge bridal parties and family in order. When we were 45 minutes behind schedule due to transportation issues Susan was not the least bit flustered she made sure we made the time up, still got the pictures I wanted and was still able to make it to cocktail hour. Susan wowed not only my bridal party, but even my guest and I have family members who have already booked her for their weddings. Susan is the best and I have confidence she would make any bride happy on her wedding day. Thank you for everything!

Reviewed on 1/25/2018 Kathleen B

I found Susan on the Knot while I was planning my Cape May wedding from Washington, DC. As soon as I spoke with her on the phone I knew she would be a great match for us as our photographer. She was married in Cape May too afterall! Through all the planning she gave us advice... Read More and was so great to work with. We loved our engagement photos at Longwood Gardens and were absolutely blown away by our Cape May wedding photos and album. It poured the day of our wedding right up until our first photo stop. We were so lucky! Susan was flexible and fun and captured the most beautiful shots and all the love and joy that filled our day.

Reviewed on 1/05/2018 Kendyl R

Susan is an amazing photographer! We got both our engagement pictures and wedding photos done with her and they all turned out amazing! I have received so many compliments on the quality of the photos.She was once of the first people we met with and we loved her from the start.... Read More Susan is very friendly and so easy to work with. She was always available to answer and questions I had and helped give me a lot of advice. We were so glad we chose to work with her!

Reviewed on 1/01/2018 Samantha C

Choosing Susan as our wedding day photographer was the BEST decision we made. Susan was the first vendor we booked after choosing our venue and was such a big help with creating our 'day of' timeline. For our engagement shoot we were both feeling a little camera shy at first... Read More but working with Susan feels like you are working with a close friend. She made us feel so comfortable and we ended up having SO much fun and of course the pictures were stunning. On our wedding day Susan and her team helped keep us on schedule and did a FANTASTIC job of making sure we had all of our 'must have' shots. Susan is so organized and has such a great personality and is truly the best to work with. Our wedding pictures are absolutely amazing, we could not have asked for anything more. Susan is amazing at what she does and goes above and beyond in all aspects!! Even after the wedding day Susan was so great about keeping in touch and working hard to get the photos completed! I can't wait to find another opportunity to work with Susan!!

Reviewed on 12/04/2017 Linda D

Hiring Susan as the photographer for our wedding was one of the best decisions we made. Leading up to our wedding day, she answered any questions that I had right away which kept me at ease. She also created a timeline for the day, which was very helpful to keep us on track to... Read More get all the photos we wanted. The day of the wedding she arrived early, kept us on schedule, and was so pleasant to be around all day. The people I hired to do my hair were late, so we were behind and when Susan arrived, my hair and makeup had not even been started yet. Somehow, Susan managed to keep us on schedule and get a lot of shots in our bridal suite, when we only had 10 or 15 minutes to spare before the ceremony began. She kept us on the exact schedule that we created for the entire day, even with Center City, Philadelphia traffic! Susan and her assistant were very organized all day. They were quick and efficient, especially when gathering different family members together for photos. Within less than a week, she sent us a sneak peak of our photos. I was expecting a couple of photos, but she gave us a bunch of her favorites and wrote a nice blog about our day! Everyone absolutely loves the photos and keeps asking me where I found my photographer. We were so lucky to have found her. My husband and I cannot wait to see the rest of the photos soon! We highly recommend hiring Susan for your wedding day!

Reviewed on 11/26/2017 Morgan D

Susan was an absolute pleasure to work with! She was very inviting, professional, and fun! We received hundreds of photos from our wedding and looking at them brings me to tears every single time. She captured our wedding perfectly and brilliantly and I don't think I could... Read More every recommend anyone else after seeing the high quality of work, the attention to detail, and the sincere interest she takes in her clients. Not a single detail or moment was missed.

Reviewed on 11/04/2017 Kathrine R

Susan was so great to work with throughout the entire planning process! She answered my hundreds of emails so quickly! She made our engagement session and wedding photos so easy and fun. Every one of our pictures are so beautiful! We can not say enough wonder things about Susan... Read More Hennessey Photography!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Heather S

I met Susan through my sister. My sister hired Susan for her engagement photos, wedding photos, and anniversary photos. When my husband and I got engaged, she was the first person I called. Being that she was reliable, friendly, and so easy to work with; it was an easy choice.... Read More Susan also made the commitment to travel to another country with us for our wedding. This decision may have not been so easy for her, but she made her promises and followed through in every way possible. Although she was the only shooter for our wedding in Mexico, she managed to get every shot we requested and more! She managed our family and friends in the heat with ease and gave us 100%. Our pictures turned out beautiful and we have her to thank for all the wonderful memories. Susan is a part of our family now. She will always be. I would recommend her to anyone, and I plan on hiring her to capture all our life's big events in the future.

Reviewed on 10/11/2017

What can I say about Susan. She and her staff are amazing. We had a package for engagement shoot and a 5 hour party. She drove out to long island, drove to our spots and clicked away. She is down to earth and makes the photo taking experience a once in a lifetime event. For... Read More our wedding we had her crew as well as Susan . Unbelievable, took shots of me getting ready, laughing and joking around making the morning of my big day even more eventful. Bottom line, you want a great photographer and staff book Susan. I garentee you will not be disappointed with the customer service, hospitality and quality of pictures you receive.

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Nicole R

I absolutely loved working with Susan! She was so professional throughout the entire process. She got back to me so quickly if I ever had a question! My husband and I did an engagement shoot with her before she photographed our wedding, which we really loved because it was good... Read More practice in front of the camera! She was so organized and flexible as well, which are really important with a photographer! Thanks again Susan!

Reviewed on 9/03/2017 Melissa S

Susan was the photographer for our small outdoor August wedding, and it was so wonderful working with her! She photographed my best friend's wedding, so I was so excited to find out she would be available for mine. Susan made everything so easy from the time we contacted her... Read More all the way through receiving our wedding photos. On the wedding day, she made us feel so relaxed, and she captured our day so perfectly! I love reliving the day looking at our beautiful photos!

Reviewed on 8/14/2017 Amber O

Susan captured our special day perfectly! She has a great energy, is very flexible, and has an amazing eye. Susan did both our engagement photos and wedding day pictures and not only are the pictures stunning, but they were completed within a timely manner. During the day, we... Read More ran a bit behind on time and she was able to get us back on track before the ceremony while getting us every picture we wanted! Susan was by far a top vendor pick for our special day.

Reviewed on 7/29/2017 Christa C

I would highly recommend Susan to anyone! From our first email to the last photo on our wedding day, Susan went above and beyond. Before the wedding, she answered all my emails and questions within minutes. She kept everything SO organized leading up to the wedding and took a... Read More lot of time to plan the shot list and our wedding time line out so the day of would run smoothly, while making sure she had time to capture every photo that I wanted (which she did!) Not only was she awesome to work with, but we got so many many pictures back that we absolutely love! Another thing we liked about Susan was during the reception she snuck us out for a "sunset picture" and "night shot" which turned out amazing! I would definitely highly recommend using Susan Hennessy Photography!

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Angela M

Susan was so great through the whole process!! She was there whenever we had any questions and was willing to travel. We are so happy with our engagement and wedding photos! She did a beautiful job, and I would sincerely recommend her to anyone looking for a photographer!

Reviewed on 5/18/2017 Brenda R

Susan has a great energy about her and is ever the professional. It poured on our wedding day and our venue had to change things Mom also broke the zipper on my dress which caused a 30min delay for repairs for the first look. Susan kept her head and kept us on track... Read More and the pics are just beautiful. Can't say enough great things about her and her assistant!

Reviewed on 4/13/2017 Andrew B

I cannot say enough good things about Susan. My husband is very camera shy and she kept him laughing and comfortable the entire time. We both have large families and Susan made sure well before the wedding that we had a concrete plan in place to make sure we got every shot that... Read More we wanted. I've had other friends and family members tell me how their photographers annoyed them the entire wedding reception, we still talk about how we didn't even notice Susan was there. That's what makes a great photographer, we not only enjoyed ourselves but she got real photos that show expression in everyones faces which I adore. If you're looking for a fun, creative and sweet photographer to make your day that much more special I would definitely recommend Susan. We love our photos so much and cannot wait to look through them over and over through our lives together. Thanks Susan!

Reviewed on 2/09/2017 Stefanie W

Susan couldn't have been more perfect for my wedding! Her personality is so fun and upbeat which made it very easy to relax in front of the camera. She captured all of the best moments of our day! Our pictures came out beautiful and I couldn't be more happy with them! I can't... Read More wait to book her for our anniversary pictures this summer! I highly recommend Susan!!!

Reviewed on 1/05/2017 Ricardo D

We absolutely adored having Susan as our wedding photographer back in September 2016. Susan not only is incredibly responsive and creative, but also will end up coordinating your whole day by making sure every shot in your list is accomplished. We had lots of ideas for the... Read More shots, and Susan suggested some more as well as some changes that made complete sense. She is extremely responsible *and* a sweetheart, you will feel as having a friend taking your pictures (and we met the 'day of' as I live out of town). We then were thrilled when we got the link with all the wedding pictures; Susan has that desired ability of capturing emotions in the most beautiful way. You certainly won't regret hiring Susan for capturing all those memories you want to keep from your big day.

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Erica F

Book right now! I couldn't of had my perfect wedding without her! She organized everything! I am a worry wart and she set me at ease. Everything was done before I even had to ask. In addition to being the BEST photographer I have ever seen, she keeps the day rolling smoothly and... Read More relaxed so you can enjoy taking pictures. She is a Goddess. I cannot thank her enough for everything. Hands down the best vendor that I picked. Could not be happier with EVERYTHING!!! Quality of shots are out of this world and we are not photogenic people!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016

I would recommend Susan 100% as a photographer. She exceeded every expectation my husband and I had for a wedding photographer. Her work is exceptional, and she is a wonderful and talented person. She went above and beyond in every way, even helping me to put on my Dad's... Read More boutonniere!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Christine C

Susan was one of the first people we booked for our wedding. From the start, she was very personable and responsive to all emails. She truly did her best to make the wedding process a little less stressful for us. Prior to the wedding, Susan made sure that the day was completely... Read More planned out for us and checked/re-checked the list of pictures we needed, and the ones we wanted. Susan made sure it ALL happened and was very flexible when we would add in an idea for a shot here and there, and was willing to add an extra hour on to her time the week before the wedding for us. My husband and I are not good with the "kissing pictures", however, Susan surprisingly made it incredible un-awkward for us. Susan completely understood that my husband and I did not want to be pulled out of the reception for pictures. We got them all completed prior to the cocktail hour so we could enjoy our night. We just received a sneak peek of our wedding pictures from almost 2 weeks ago and they are absolutely stunning. We cannot wait to see the other moments she captured from the best night ever!!