Blending Heart + Craft

Award winning wedding photographer Susan Ryan is known for her photojournalistic, documentary style, adding a bit of classic portraiture. Her artistry is in capturing soulful, storytelling images. She is highly professional while being fun and flexible. Great reviews are consistent. Contact us!

Digital Files

427 Ford Street, Geneva, IL

Talented and Fun Wedding Photographer

Reviewed on 1/24/2014 Eliza W

Susan is such a great wedding photographer. We used her for our December wedding, but as part of the wedding package we had engagement photos included so we were able to meet her and work with her prior to the wedding in May! She is so easy and fun to work with--she really lets... Read More you be you and captures the moment--nothing feels forced or posed or cheesy--just really beautiful shots. Everyone in our wedding party and family also loved her and her assistant. Would highly recommend her!!!

Amazing photographer!!!

Reviewed on 10/06/2014 Aileen H

Susan was the first photographer I met with when I was planning our wedding, and I instantly knew she was perfect for us! She is super creative, friendly, and very open to hearing your ideas and your vision. She made us feel at ease and relaxed during our engagement session... Read More and throughout the whole wedding day. She is also very efficient, and we were able to get multiple locations for photos between the ceremony and reception! If we asked to take pictures at specific spots, she would not hesitate and was very positive about our ideas! We saw Susan at another wedding the following week, and we could see her creative side in action! We loved her! Choose Susan as your photographer-you will not regret it!

Susan Ryan captured our special day perfectly!

Reviewed on 10/29/2013 Meghan S

I can not begin to tell how pleased we were with Susan's work. Leading up to the big day, she was quick to respond with questions we had and made sure to check in periodically. The day of, I could not have felt more comfortable having her around. She was oozing with enthusiasm... Read More and made every step of the way a blast. Her assistant photographer, Frank, was amazing as well and got some great shots. She was professional, yet fun and clearly has a great eye. When the pictures came to us, we laughed, cried and could not have been more happy to have our most special day be represented so brilliantly!! We would certainly recommend using Susan Ryan, and hopefully look forward to using her once we start our family!

Meghan and Kevin's Wedding

Reviewed on 7/12/2013 Jim S

Thank you so much for working so hard in capturing Meghan and Kevin's special day on what I know will be terrific photos. Your professionalism and an amazing ability to seamlessly blend in with the celebration is truly a testament to your business. Jim... Read More Swenson, father of the bride

3rd time using

Reviewed on 11/25/2012 Lea M

Susan also photographed both of my sister's weddings. She was there from before church to during the reception. She is high energy and very creative in here shots. I haven't seen the proofs yet, but from my sister's photos, I expect to be happy.

Susan Ryan Will Not Disappoint!!

Reviewed on 11/12/2012 Brad S

When researching photographers for our wedding, I had a list of questions I wanted to ask each photographer to make sure that we hired the right one. Susan was recommended to me by my boss who had used her for his wedding, but I still wanted to make my own decision as to whether... Read More she was right for ours. Susan welcomed us into her studio and patiently sat through all of my questions, providing responses that made both my husband and I more and more comfortable with selecting her as our photographer. Both my husband and I loved Susan's photojournalistic approach to picture taking and when it came to our wedding she did not disappoint. She had a second photographer with her for our very long day which ensured that we got pictures for everything! So many amazing moments in time captured that we weren't aware of until reviewing all photos post-wedding. Susan has a very professional yet relaxed approach which made all the kids (a total of 11 young kids in the wedding party) very comfortable when posed pictures were taken. We have been nothing but impressed with the images from our wedding day and we are not the only ones. We have had many people comment on how fabulous the pictures are and wanted to know who we used as they wanted that information for themselves or to share with other friends getting married. The things we loved most about Susan were her willingness to listen, her creative vision, her fun personality and her ability to be everywhere at once to capture just the right moment in time without you even knowing she was there. The only problem we have had working with Susan is figuring out which pictures we want to include in our wedding album and which picture to frame as "our wedding shot". There are so many fantastic ones to choose from!! Thank you Susan!!

Captured our wedding perfectly!

Reviewed on 10/18/2012 Adam S

My wife and I had been looking for someone to photograph our wedding for some time. I am fairly picky when it comes to wedding photos. I am not a huge fan of the 'posed' look and prefer the candid documentary 'in the moment' style. My wife and I had consulted with my brother... Read More in law who is a commercial fashion photographer/director and sent him a list of photographers to check out. Not telling him that Susan was the photographer we were leaning toward, after combing through album after album he said 'go with Susan.' And I'm so glad we did. She was totally accommodating and listened to exactly what we wanted for style and the moments we wanted to focus on. It would be an incomplete review if I didn't mention Susan's kindness, compassion, respect, and her unique photographer's eye and fun-loving spirit while shooting. It was only by working with Susan that we realized that this is a set of skills that is essential for capturing the most beautiful moments of your wedding. For us, it also meant that she was able to get incredible shots from those who are difficult to photograph (shy kids especially) and during the 'downtime' moments. She is a pro with a capital P. We are so happy we went with Susan and recommend her highly. Even those posed shots that I didn't think I would like turned out beautifully. And the combination of Susan with another photographer means that we got fantastic candid shots throughout the day: before and during the ceremony, during the dinner, speeches and the party afterward. I have full confidence that Susan Ryan is able capture the essence of any event, as she captured the love from our wedding.

Captured every moment!

Reviewed on 10/10/2012 Ashley A

Susan Ryan was the photographer for our June 16th wedding, and she was absolutely fantastic. Susan is very easy to work with & takes amazing "in the moment" pictures. Susan took time to get to know us as a couple, which helped capture the moments and pictures we desired. We had... Read More so much fun reliving the day through her amazing blog post of our wedding & hundreds of pictures that were taken. She also helped us order thank you & Christmas cards with our wedding picture on it. I have recommend Susan Ryan Photography to several friends of mine already and recommend her to all of you bride and grooms out there. Happy Planning! :)

Reviewed on 10/09/2012 Stephanie P

I would highly recommend Susan Ryan Photography. Susan and Frank were our photographers and they took gorgeous shots. We wanted to have more candid photos in natural light and the photos reflected this. In addition, both of them were so quiet and discreet during important photos... Read More that I had no idea that they were there until we saw the whole set. I also appreciated that Susan - who is a very patient, nice, professional person - was flexible and is sending us a DVD of all of the photos.

Amazing Pictures, Amazing Experience

Reviewed on 10/09/2012 sarah b

We had the pleasure of working with Susan for our May 2012 wedding. She was wonderful to work with when we were planning our event. She was/is so friendly and excited to shoot our wedding--she really makes you feel like you are her only event. At our wedding, she was very... Read More unobtrusive and really blended into the background--a good quality for a photographer. When we finally got our pictures, we were so pleased! She captured every moment so carefully, we were able to relive our wedding by looking at the pictures. She didn't miss a thing. Following our wedding, she walked us through the image selection and album creation. No request was too big. All in all, Susan is an amazing photographer and storyteller and has a great eye for capturing the emotion and overall feel for the day. But more than that, she is a pleasure to work with and we hope to use her services again in the future!!

Beautiful pictures!

Reviewed on 10/09/2012 Amanda M

We had such a wonderful experience working with Susan Ryan and her associates. Susan was professional and so easy to work with! Emily was our photographer and captured our experience of the day beautifully! Not only were we impressed with the quality of the photography, but... Read More also with how easy it was to work with her and how much fun we had going around Chicago and taking pictures. Chris was our second photographer and great at putting everyone at ease, even right before the ceremony. Susan and her team take an incredible amount of care in giving you the best images and the post-production results were incredible (and extensive- over 800 pictures!) We could not have asked for a better experience.

Reviewed on 10/27/2011 Anna B

Loved Susan! She is a fabulous photographer and knows how to make you feel like your her one and only client! You are her priority and to me that was priceless! She is creative, professional, timely and above all, an artist in her field. I would highly recommend her work for... Read More all brides to be! You will be the next one writing a great review, promise :) Thank you Susan for the beautiful memories

Very Happy with Susan Ryan Photography!

Reviewed on 10/24/2011 Vineetha R

Susan was a joy to work with from the very start. From our very first meeting, she was incredibly prompt and responsive to all of our correspondence. I found that to be extremely reassuring, and she did not disappoint at all. She and her assistant were both fun to work... Read More with, and made my husband and I feel relaxed and comfortable throughout the whole experience. We asked for a mix of formal and candid shots, and we couldn't be happier with what we received. The candids were cute, with lots of great photos of the kids dancing and playing! I also really liked that she was willing to work with us and negotiate to create a package that was just what we wanted, whereas it seems like some of the other photographers were more rigid with their packages. Even my mom, who's really tough to please, was happy too!

Experience made all the difference!!

Reviewed on 10/22/2011 melissa d

The best word to describe Susan is…Phenomenal!! My husband and I were floored when both our engagement and wedding pictures came back. They were stunning. We could not believe all the moments she captured and how incredible the pictures turned out. She took over 1,000... Read More pictures at our wedding and they were all spectacular. Before choosing Susan I met with countless photographers. The minute I met Susan I knew she was the one. She stood out to me as a true, experienced, artist who had a passion for photography. Susan was dependable, flexible, and so easy to work with. I would highly recommend Susan to any bride.

Would definitely recommend Susan Ryan!!

Reviewed on 10/21/2011 Emily N

Susan was professional, sweet, and sincerely cared about making our special day the best it could be. She was extremely helpful and prompt in the pre- and post- wedding process. She was fun to work with, unobtrusive during the events, and the pictures turned out great! We are so... Read More thankful that we choose her to be our photographer.

Reviewed on 10/20/2011 Deborah M

Susan Ryan and her assistant Emily captured the ambiance and wedding perfectly. They captured the emotions of everyone present. I was very happy with their professionalism and also the time that it took to see the end product. I will continue to use them in the future .... Read More Deborah

Wonderful Photographer

Reviewed on 10/05/2011 Jessica P

What can I say, Susan is the best. She was extremely easy to talk to and really made us feel at ease. Susan did our engagement shoot as well and I was extremely happy with the overall look of the photos. We are "non-posed" type people and she was really able to capture moments... Read More that were not staged. On the day of the wedding, Susan and her 2nd shooter took control which put my mind at ease. To be honest, I barely even knew she was at the wedding! My family commented that she just seemed to pop up when great moments were happening. Her intuition was just fantastic. I highly recommend Susan. She was a true joy!

Susan Ryan is amazing!

Reviewed on 10/05/2011 Beth Z

My husband and I heard about Susan Ryan photograpy through a couple of family friends that had hired her for their weddings. She was the first photographer we went to meet and within 5 minutes I knew that she would be ours as well! Not only is she EXTREMELY talented, but she... Read More is very very nice and accomodating as well! One of the reasons we hired her was because of her unobtrusive style and ability to capture the perfect moments on camera! We received our completed pictures from Susan a few weeks ago and were absolutely overwhelmed! They are stunning! I cried laughed and relived our wedding all over again! I can't wait to put our wedding book together, I have no idea how I am going to narrow it down to 50 pictures, they are all so amazing! We feel so lucky that we will have these memories for the rest of our lives! Thank you Susan Ryan!

Susan Ryan is the BEST!

Reviewed on 9/02/2011 Jessica M

I don't know how she did it but Susan took about 500 pictures of me at my wedding and I can't find any bad ones! I'm usually very critical of pictures of myself but I have nothing bad to say about the pictures Susan took. The angles are so natural, the images are not posed and... Read More the lighting is perfect in all of them. It's difficult to get a good picture of my husband but she managed to make that happen too. I am extremely happy with the photos. Everyone I sent the link to was overly complimenting me on how great they are and inparticular about how great my photographer was. Susan also took our engagement pictures which are just as fabulous as the wedding pictures! Susan is so easy going and comfortable to be around. She takes care of everything. I didn't even know she was there half the time. I can't say enough about how much I love the pictures! For a day as important as your wedding day, I highly reccommend Susan Ryan for your wedding photographer. Susan, thank you!!

Beautiful photos

Reviewed on 6/05/2011 Kelly B

Susan did both my engagement and wedding photos. She was very easy to work with and she took wonderful pictures while not be in the way at all...you barely knew she was there. We got our pictures back and they are gorgeous and we have over 300 to chose from for our album.

TO Susan Ryan Photography