126 South 22nd Street, Richmond, IN (765) 914-7564

Reviewed on 11/10/2016 Melissa B

I couldn't be happier with the photos that Susanna shot for us! Her vision and artistic style really showed through on our photos! She went above and beyond every step of the way! We couldn't be happier and will be using Susanna for all of our photo needs in the future!

Wonderful Photos!

Reviewed on 10/16/2013 Madison W

Susanna did a great job in packing in as many beautiful photos into the packaged # of hours. She didn't miss a detail! Never in the way, made helpful suggestions. Several candid photos.

Creative, Thoughtful, and Professional

Reviewed on 8/02/2013 Caitlin W

I could not be happier with my experience working with Susanna Tanner as she captured such a wonderful day for my husband Jon and me. Susanna was a great combo of professional and creative, taking the time to learn what we value as a couple and what makes our love for each other... Read More different and worthy of celebrating. The time and energy she invested into understanding my husband and I as a couple (from a questionnaire to Skype calls to meetings at Starbucks) translated into images that stood out from the sea of cliché wedding shots and truly reflected our wedding day, our love for each other, and our relationship with our families. She also used her technical expertise and experience to guide us in the decision to do a “first look”, which was Jon and I’s favorite moment of our wedding day. Despite our trepidations that seeing each other before the ceremony would diminish the moment as I walked down the aisle, the first look was incredibly emotional and our one moment to take time to pray and talk with each other away from the hustle and noise surrounding the wedding. It was a powerful opportunity to reflect on the commitment we were about to make to each other and those images were our favorite of the many, many photos Susanna sent us. The first look also made the day flow much more smoothly and allowed us to get to the reception (and the dancing) faster! Perhaps the best compliment we could give Susanna was a comment my co-worker made: “Did a friend take these pictures? They look so personal!” If you’re looking for a unique, reasonably priced, and thorough photographer, then Susanna Tanner is perfect for you!

Richmond's Best!

Reviewed on 7/13/2013 Carrie H

I have known Susanna for about four years and when my husband and I first got engaged I knew she was the one that I wanted to capture our day. I was was so happy when she agreed to do it that I jumped up and down in my office! Susanna is incredibly professional and easy to... Read More work with. She took the time to get to know us as a couple, what the atmosphere of the wedding would be like, and what we were looking for in our photography. We decided to do a first look photo shoot and I'm so glad I trusted her on that. It gave us the opportunity to see each other without an audience and enjoy some time together before the hectic ceremony and reception. We were getting married in an old warehouse in the Depot District of town and Susanna knew how knew how to work with some challenging lighting in the old building and to take advantage of the area for some great outside shots. I couldn't be happier with the images Susanna took. They truly turned out beautiful. Susanna is also a graphic designer so she has an amazing eye for preserving the special day. She was an absolute pleasure to work with and I would highly recommend her to any bride and groom!

2013-07-15T06:24:03 Response from the vendor

The day was a completely beautiful day full of family and friends. Thanks for trusting in me and my ideas. I'm so excited about your album and the happy memories it will bring both of you over the years!

Talented amazing photographer

Reviewed on 2/16/2013 Jaimie R

Planning our big day was absolutely stressful. Trying to decide a photographer was difficult because of how many options are out there. I found Susanna online and from the moment we met her until the big day she was delightful. The first day we met her I knew right away this was... Read More someone I could have around me all day. She was quick to respond to any emails or phone calls I had(and let's face it less stress from vendors makes the bride to be more pleasant ;)). The wedding day no matter how much you plan it's not going to go on cue with what you think. I felt Susanna was quick on her toes with any hiccups that may have come up. Her calming personality also helped me relax a little bit when I felt overwhelmed. Her pictures turned out absolutely amazing. I was married on December 15, and still haven't picked out all my photos because they all are so good. I would recommend Susanna to anyone whether it's your wedding day or any special occasion! A soon as I get pregnant you better believe we'll be using Susanna :)

2013-02-26T08:29:13 Response from the vendor

Jaimie, the love goes back around. A photographer truly appreciates a bride who has taken the time to think out such a big day, and establish a relationship with their vendors. I know I arrived the day of your wedding feeling like we had been... Read Less Read More

Very nice photography

Reviewed on 12/16/2012 Carmina B

Susanna was excellent with us on the day, and got really lovely shots. I especially appreciated her direction in our "first look" photo shoot. I am in the process of ordering prints now, though, and they are much more expensive than I had anticipated.

More than JUST a photographer...

Reviewed on 8/31/2012 Kate C

I randomly came across Susanna Tanner on theKnot.com about a year ago when we started planning. I gave her a call and things just clicked. She had such great visions of shots for our wedding and engagement session. As I explained to her my vision for our wedding, she seemed just... Read More as excited as I was! We are so pleased with our photos! We constently get complements or we're asked who took them. I would highly recommend her if you are looking for a wedding photographer. She was professional, fun, and caring - much more than just a photographer!

2012-12-18T09:33:37 Response from the vendor

Kate, thank you so much for your kind words. It was so great to be a part of the planning process and then to watch you walk down the aisle. You're not only one of my brides but also considered a friend.

A decision you will always treasure...

Reviewed on 2/02/2012 Elly C

Susanna is an amazing photographer that started out with taking our engagement photos, ultimately becoming a photographer we call "ours." I recommend her to everyone I know because I know she will deliver the exceptional quality and memories that we cherish with all of the... Read More photos she's taken for us. Susanna took our wedding photos and they truly tell the story of our day and us, from start to finish. I cherish those photos more than any other part of our wedding because the day went by so quickly, yet they live on, and they can take me back to that moment, instantly. Also, she has done a baby shoot and 1st birthday shoot for our oldest, and a newborn shoot and 1 year shoot for our youngest. We rely on her artistic eye for ideas for our shoots ... photographer that started out with taking our engagement photos, ultimately becoming a photographer we call "ours." I recommend her to everyone I know because I know she will deliver the exceptional quality and memories that we cherish with all of the photos she's taken for us. Susanna took our wedding photos and they truly tell the story of our day and us, from start to finish. I cherish those photos more than any other part of our wedding because the day went by so quickly, yet they live on, and they can take me back to that moment, instantly. Also, she has done a baby shoot and 1st birthday shoot for our oldest, and a newborn shoot and 1 year shoot for our youngest. We rely on her artistic eye for ideas for our shoots, and I always love how the photos turn out. She also does our Christmas card photo annually and I get so many compliments on our gorgeous photo cards. You cannot go wrong with Susanna's photos and ability and she's a very easy person to work with and communicate with to get the perfect photos.

Truly Amazing

Reviewed on 1/31/2012 Craig A

“Bold, beautiful, graceful, elegant, gorgeous, stunning, magnificent and lovely” are only a few of the adjectives we’ve heard used to describe the images captured by Susanna Tanner on the most special day of our lives together. The decision to utilize Susanna’s incredible... Read More talents behind the lens was perhaps the most important investment we made while planning our wedding. We previewed and researched a handful of other photographers and found that they were just that, photographers. Simply, Susanna is much more. She is an artist, a visionary, whose keen eye and artistic abilities offer a balance unmatched by others. She captures images in a way that is far distanced from the others we considered. From the first planning session we had with her, where she truly “gets to know” the couple, through our engagement shoot, wedding, and to the choosing of images for our cherished album, Susanna went above and beyond. She began by familiarizing herself with my wife and I. She asked questions, we gave answers; however beyond that we immediately felt a connection with her. The decision to invest in her was automatic at that point. We then did an engagement shoot, which was very reasonably priced. The images captured during that shoot were important as it provided Susanna with an opportunity to see how we photographed, as each individual or couple varies to some degree. In terms of our wedding images, we could not possibly be more elated. While our entire wedding was absolutely perfect in our eyes, our album is quite possibly our most prized possession and the quality will withstand the test of time and offer countless opportunities for us to recall the day when two best friends sealed their love for one another. We encourage all others who are planning a wedding, getting engaged or simply want to be photographed by a true artist, to contact Susanna. We did, and we will again. We are already planning to have Susanna continue to photograph us as our family grows. If nothing else speaks to the confidence and respect we have for Susanna, the fact that we absolutely will request her talents again should.

Susanna is AMAZING!!!!

Reviewed on 5/25/2011 Katie B

After getting engaged, the first thing I knew I wanted to check off my list was to book Susanna Tanner as our photographer....and I am so glad I did! I had been a bridesmaid in two of her weddings, and all of the pictures were beautiful. Working with her from day one was a... Read More complete joy....from her friendly emails, to her warm personality when we met in person....I felt completely at ease, and "in good hands". She had great ideas for photos of the big day, but was also of course open to anything we wanted to do in order to reflect our personalities. During our meetings prior to the wedding, it was apparent that she takes her role very seriously...I could easily see that she feels honored to be capturing moments that will be remembered and cherished for years to come. On the wedding day, she was absolutely wonderful! It seemed like she was somehow able to be everywhere at all times, snapping shots of just about everything! Our wedding pictures are simply stunning. Even my husband, who initially wasn't so thrilled about having his picture taken all day, was blown away by Susanna's work. From the obligatory posed family shots, to the candids, to the artistic photojournalistic photos....everything came together beautifully. I truly could not be more pleased. We now have several framed prints in our home, as well as a gallery wrap (love it!!), and a gorgeous coffee table book designed by Susanna. I would highly recommend Susanna Tanner, and actually already have done so!!

2011-05-27T07:24:44 Response from the vendor

Katie,Thank you so much for your kind words. It was a joy to capture you and Mike on such a special day. I was honored to be a part of it. Susanna