Swan Point Yacht and Country Club

Issue, MD

Book Your Wedding with Swan Point Yacht and Country Club

A BALLROOM IN ISSUE, MD

Located in Issue, Maryland just a short drive from Washington, DC and northern Virginia, the beautiful, tranquil natural surroundings of the Swan Point Yacht and Country Club offer couples the opportunity for an elegant ceremony and reception away from the hustle and bustle of the big city. Start off with a picture-perfect outdoor ceremony set against a beautiful waterfront backdrop and onto the stylish ballroom for a fine dining reception with mouth-watering local cuisine.

Majestic magnolia trees and the manicured lawns of the Carolina-style golf course surround the beautiful club house building, built overlooking the banks of the Potomac River. Numerous scenic locations are scattered across the property, offering some truly fantastic first-look photo opportunities. For couples who wish to hold both their ceremony and reception on site, the following spaces are available for your use.

Your event begins at the scenic creek side ceremony site, where you exchange vows under a beautiful white wooden pergola, surrounded by tall trees and lush green lawns with the water at your back.

Once the couple is finally wed, guests make their way back to the clubhouse, where the main reception is held in the spacious, elegantly appointed ballroom. Vintage chandeliers, textured ceilings and a large dance floor complete the setting.

An open-air veranda surrounded by flowers and overlooking the river awaits your guests, where they can mingle while sipping on delicious hand-crafted cocktails while waiting for the bride and groom to finish with the wedding photos, or for sneaking away for a breath of fresh air during the reception.

The professional catering staff at Swan Point Yacht and Country Club handles all food and beverage service, with the standard bar package including both domestic and imported beer, wine and liquors. The venue offers couples a choice of several delicious entrees with enticing accompaniments and fresh salads. All wedding packages also include passed hors d'oeuvres during cocktail hour. Couples are allowed to use outside vendors for all of their other needs, including the wedding cake.

Rental of the venue includes five hours of event time, excluding setup and cleaning, with additional hours available for a fee. The venue offers flexible setup times, including early mornings, and all events must finish by 4 a.m.

The staff at Swan Point Yacht and Country Club specializes in providing a highly personalized experience and an elegant level of service. As part of this dedication, couples also receive all of the following extra perks.

• Complimentary champagne toast
  • Delicious menu options featuring locally caught seafood and local seasonal produce
  • A challenging 18-hole professional golf course for any guests who wish to play a round
  • Swimming pool, tennis courts and yacht club for members

Swan Point Yacht and Country Club

Create the day you've always dreamed of at Swan Point Yacht & Country Club. Begin at an elegant waterfront location that makes the perfect backdrop for your ceremony, and finish in our classic dining rooms & picturesque veranda. At Swan Point, we specialize in extraordinary events!

Ballroom, Waterfront, Country Club, Restaurant, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100

11550 Swan Point Boulevard, Issue, MD (301) 259-0047

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Debora C

We got married at Swan Point during Memorial Day Weekend earlier in the year. We had such an amazing time thanks to the great people that make the Swan Point a five-star venue. Working with the Swan Point staff was extremely easy. They went above and beyond to accommodate our... Read More requests and helped us to organize everything leading up to and during our big day. The venue is beautiful and the food was absolutely delicious. We received so many compliments from our friends and family. We ended up working with most of the vendors suggested by the Swan Point staff , which made our lives so much easier - from flowers and decoration to our wedding cake - and they were all excellent as well. In addition, Annette and Tina are a delight to work with. They are extremely organized and very professional. We are so glad we trusted the Swan Point team to take care of our wedding. We would do it all over again!

2017-11-28T14:22:16 Response from the vendor

Thank you Debora and Tyler! We definitely enjoyed hosting the big day, especially on such a special day! =)

Reviewed on 7/22/2017 Susan F

My daughter and her husband had their wedding reception over Memorial Day weekend 2017 at the Swan Point Yacht and Country Club. We could not have been happier with the venue or the support we received from Annette Campbell and the Swan Point staff. Annette worked with us... Read More throughout the entire process, from our initial visit until after the reception, making excellent suggestions, helping with special requests, and accommodating last-minute changes. She and her staff did a beautiful job of decorating the room and the food was delicious and plentiful. What we appreciated most was how well the staff understood our vision and took care of the reception and coordination with the vendors with minimal intervention from our family. Annette and her staff took care of almost everything and treated us with courtesy, grace and patience. We were free to simply enjoy being with our family and friends. The Swan Point reception was surprisingly affordable and lovely. We were delighted with and grateful to Annette Campbell and the Swan Point Y&CC staff for helping to make our event special.

2017-11-28T14:23:14 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words! We enjoyed working with you and seeing all of the special themed touches you added. Thanks again!

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Brittney S

Swan Point was the perfect choice for my wedding. Annette was amazing ensuring that the day went smoothly. My now husband and I were so stressed the day of the wedding hoping everything would turn out well and Swan Point exceeded our expectations. Thanks to Annette and the... Read More entire team at Swan Point, the day not only went smoothly, but everyone commented that it was one of the best weddings they had ever been to. They were able to accommodate all of our last minute changes and requests, were able to accommodate special diets for guests, and did everything in their power to make sure the day was perfect. I definitely recommend Swan Point for any event!

2017-11-28T14:24:30 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Brittney! It was great to share the experience with you. I just remember hearing the birds chirping during the ceremony. What a beautiful day for a beautiful couple!

Reviewed on 11/03/2017 Michelle F

Swan Point was everything we wanted in a wedding venue. Annette and the entire staff were extremely helpful during our wedding process as well as the day itself. The scenery was beautiful and the food was delicious. Our guests raved over and over about all aspects of the wedding... Read More ceremony/venue and that it was a perfect fit. Swan Point is truly a gem!

2017-11-28T14:25:10 Response from the vendor

Thank you Michelle! It was such a pleasure working with you and the family. We wish you and Michael all the best!

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Jenny W

I just had my wedding at Swan Point this past weekend and it was the best day ever. Annette Campbell is amazing and made sure that everything went smoothly, so that I did not have to stress throughout the day. My husband and his groomsmen went golfing on the course that morning,... Read More which they enjoyed a lot. The food was fantastic at the reception, we got lots of compliments! We had an open bar which was great, and there was so much room for people to walk around, dance, go outside, whatever they wanted to do. Everybody had a great time. I highly recommend booking Swan Point for your wedding!

2017-11-28T14:25:45 Response from the vendor

What a great time! Thank you for hosting your big day with us Jenny! It was amazing.

Reviewed on 10/14/2017

I could not say enough good things about my wedding experience with Swan Point! The ceremony site and reception space were beautiful, the food was delicious and all of the staff were so very helpful, especially Annette. She made the planning process as simple as it possible... Read More could be. She was there to help whenever we had questions and to help work through all of the fine details. All of my guests had such a great time and I would say that is in large part because of Swan Point. They went above and beyond to accommodate our requests. The space was plenty big enough for our 100+ guests without being crowded, there was more than enough space for dancing and everyone to relax and have a good time including the outdoor patio space. I would highly recommend Swan Point to anyone looking for their dream wedding venue!

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Jonathan R

From the moment my wife and I completed our tour, we knew Swan Point was the perfect venue for us. It had everything we were looking for, and our day exceeded both of our expectations! The property is beautiful. From the ceremony site on the water, to the covered veranda... Read More behind the club house, there will be many great photo opportunities and you and your guests will feel at ease. The staff are incredible, I can't express enough how helpful Annette Campbell was throughout all of the planning and execution. She exceeded expectations the entire journey, and finally on our wedding day her and her staff were there ensuring every detail went smoothly. The Cocktail hour and Reception were perfect. Annette and her staff ensured that the introductions went smoothly, that dinner came out timely and that when it was time to dance, the staff and our DJ were in sync and ready. Everyone had great things to say about the hors d'oeuvres and the meal courses, both I and my bride were impressed! A few more selling points for us: - Variety of reception packages to suit different budgets - House on property that can be rented for the weekend - One wedding per day ( club house closes for your wedding ) - Can accommodate at least 200 guests Good luck in your search, I highly recommend anyone looking for a wedding near the water or with lots of nature near by consider Swan Point, you won't be disappointed!

2017-11-28T14:27:11 Response from the vendor

Jonathan, you are awesome! Thank you for entrusting us to host your big day! We enjoyed working with you both and look forward to seeing all of the great photos that were taken!!

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Sarah M

We just got married at Swan Point in September. We loved everything about this venue. Annette and the staff were so easy to work with and went out of their way to make our day perfect. We didn’t have to worry about anything the day of and we got so many compliments on how... Read More smoothly the ceremony and reception went!

2017-11-28T14:28:16 Response from the vendor

It was so great working with you. Your family and wedding party were also terrific. On time ceremony start!! Yay! Thank you again for trusting us with your big day!

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Carol T

If you want a beautiful place to get married, this is it! do not look any further. Swan Point completely exceeded my expectations. They are absolutely amazing!

2017-10-13T11:22:08 Response from the vendor

Thank you Carol for your kind words! It was a pleasure working with you and so glad we could exceed your expectations. We wish you both all the best!

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 Shamilla A

I got married at Swan Point on July 29, 2017 and Annette and the lady working with her did an excellent job. It rained that day so the wedding was moved inside. We had a wonderful time, the venue was great, excellent food and I am grateful to the team for making the day special... Read More despite the rain. Excellent venue and people to work with.

2017-10-13T11:23:36 Response from the vendor

Thank you Shamilla! We did everything we could to ensure a perfect day even though Mother Nature didn't cooperate. Your indoor ceremony with the chiavari chairs was beautiful! We wish you all the best!

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Brittany S

My name is Brittany, my fiance and i now (husband) couldn't be happier with swan points venue! it was exactly what we were looking for, great view, great price, and convent for all of our southern maryland family members. we fell in love with the beachy / green landscape. you... Read More can do so many different colors and themes due to how versatile the venue is. but what really sold us was the price we only had our ceremony here and it was perfect! also the staff was super sweet and attentive. they also gave all my girls free drinks! if i had to do it all over again i would not hesitate at all. this would be my 1st pick and i would recommend any and all my friends to book here.

Reviewed on 7/12/2017 Jichele H

We had our ceremony and reception at Swan Point earlier this year and everything was incredible. Previously, we had picked a different wedding venue but the cost was over budget and it did not afford me to have the wedding I truly wanted. As a last ditch effort, my family and... Read More I went back to the drawing board searching for a wedding venue. We found Swan Point and I fell in love. This venue gave us everything I wanted for our wedding day, access to the venue all day, a beautiful outdoor ceremony, and a great cocktail hour and reception food, all for less than the price of our first venue. Annette is a gem and she answered all of my questions and did whatever she could to make my life and planning process easier. I'm so thankful that we found them. I can't imagine having our special day anywhere else.

2017-11-28T14:29:35 Response from the vendor

Thank you Jichelle! We were proud to host your big day and even an outdoor ceremony!! All of the details were incredible and I still reference your wedding when talking about March Madness! Best wishes for you two!

Reviewed on 6/22/2017 Laura S

We were highly satisfied with Swan Point. Annette was amazing to work with and actually felt like our wedding planner at times. Swan Point is beautiful and the staff were all very pleasant. This venue takes care of, or at least guides you, in almost every aspect.

2017-11-28T14:30:36 Response from the vendor

Thank you Laura for trusting us with your big day. I loved all of the themed details and especially the photo of you two kissing in the middle of the sword ceremony. Best wishes for you two!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Michele E

We knew the second that we walked into the venue that it was the right one for us. The staff is friendly and amazing. They do all the work for you and are very professional. The food was delicious! The bartenders were super friendly and we adored them. The waterfront wedding... Read More site is gorgeous! It was breathtaking in our photos. Annette tyexwedding coordinator is top notch. She made the day go seamlessly. She was always available and friendly when we needed her, throughout the planning process and through to the wedding day!

2017-11-28T14:31:16 Response from the vendor

Yay!! You two were so great to work with! I enjoyed assisting in the details that made it extra special. Thank you!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Kevin M

I am SO glad that we booked Swan Point for our wedding! Their ceremony site by the water is spectacular - we had a beautiful sunny day and couldn't have asked for a more lovely spot in which to get married. The pier nearby and their beach location made for amazing pictures!... Read More Annette, Tina, and the rest of the staff were very professional and attentive to our needs. We had originally booked in large part because of the amazing reviews for Jennifer, but Annette did an awesome job stepping in! She was extremely responsive to our questions and was as accommodating as possible to our many requests. A really nice touch was that she guarded our sweetheart table during the reception to make sure we got a chance to eat before making the rounds to the other tables - she is so sweet and took it the extra mile. She also personally led us on her golf cart to the beach site for pictures. Tina was amazing and responsive as well! I highly recommend you book with Swan Point. Although the surrounding area is not the greatest in my opinion (quaint to say the least, with not many attractions for guests and few hotel options), the country club itself is a gem with a beautiful ceremony site and impressive reception hall. Food and drinks were great, and at a lower price than in DC. A really, really great value and a perfect spot to tie the knot!

2017-11-28T14:32:30 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! It was definitely a pleasure working with you two and seeing all of the traditions we spoke about come to life. Our clients and guests enjoy seeing your photos and the love you shared on that day. Thanks again!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 ann w

"I cannot express my gratitude enough for everyone at Swan Point who helped make Kathleen and Curtis' wedding day so special. From the first day we visited over a year ago, we knew it was the place! Everyone was so accommodating and friendly. They truly go above and beyond to... Read More make sure everyone was taken care of. There are so many details to worry about to make the wedding come together, and Annette made sure everything there was perfect! We loved working with her and all the staff. I highly recommend Swan Point!!!!! Thank you again for a truly memorable, special day!!"

Reviewed on 7/14/2016

Wedding on May 7, 2016 Annette, Tina, and the entire Swan Point staff were absolutely fabulous! They made me feel like a VIP from beginning to end. By the time my wedding day arrived, they felt like family. Not only were they friendly and professional, they went above and beyond... Read More to make sure everything was perfect and that attention was paid to every detail. The food tasted amazing, the venue was beautiful and most importantly, it was all affordable. I could not have picked a better venue for my wedding.

2017-11-28T14:33:42 Response from the vendor

Better late than never to respond! It was great working with you Dominique. You helped make that day awesome for me as well. The day was very elegant and classy. Thanks again!

Reviewed on 11/02/2015 Sarah B

My husband and I chose Swan Point as our wedding venue because the price was reasonable and we thought the location was absolutely beautiful!! The staff was great to work with and they really listened to what we wanted and found a way to execute it. The food also delicious. I... Read More would definitely recommend Swan Point as an option for the ceremony and reception.

Reviewed on 7/22/2015 Jean

Jennifer and the staff at Swan Point were incredible. During our first walk-through in December, I noticed how attentive she was and her willingness to help us create the day we wanted. With the variety of choices in ceremony locale, on the Swan Point property, we felt that we... Read More were in good hands. Jennifer accommodated our changes in the weeks leading up to our wedding date. She had everything planned well, hosted us for a tasting on our schedule and made us feel as though we were all that mattered. On the day of our reception, Swan Point acted fast to amend our ceremony to account for a possible storm, and honestly, they worked behind the scenes to make sure that as the bride, I could get ready without the worry of how our day would go. She worked closely with my planner on all details and they made my day perfect. Kudos on the food, the staff, Ryan the GM and everything! Jenn will take great care of you on your wedding day!

Amazing Venue!!

Reviewed on 4/14/2015 Danni S

From the moment my fiancé and I walked through the doors at Swan Point, I knew it was going to be where I married my best friend. The staff was wonderful and Jennifer was truly amazing! She answered all of my questions quickly and she helped me with all of the fine details that... Read More I had never thought of! She made sure that my day was as perfect as could be! When I walked into the venue for the first time I was amazed! It was more beautiful than I could have ever imagined! The staff made sure that everyone was on time and kept us on track! The locker room for myself and bidesmaids was spacious and inviting! They even helped collect my decorations from the ceremony site. All of my guests commented on the venue, staff and food. We had steak, chicken, mashed potatoes and green beans as our main course. It was delicious! There isn't anything I would have changed! Absolutely perfect day! :)

Wedding August 09 2014

Reviewed on 8/27/2014 Lisa S

It was truly a beautiful day! We had a riverfront ceremony. Such a beautiful setting. The reception room was decorated exactly how I wanted it. . I'm so glad I decided to get the chair covers and sashes. It gave the room a completed look. Elegant..The staff was courteous and... Read More friendly. I got so many compliments on the food. We choose to do a Buffett style with several different choices. There was more than enough food. Everything was delicious. Jennifer and Tina are the best!

If you want a perfect wedding day, Swan Point is the venue!!!

Reviewed on 8/04/2014 Laurie S

Giving Swan Point 5 stars does not even begin to show how AMAZING they were!!! From the moment my fiance and I started looking at venues, we knew instantly this was the place. Not only were the grounds and reception area beautiful and perfect, but the staff blew us away from Day... Read More 1. Jennifer was so responsive and helpful with all my questions and emails throughout the entire planning process up to the big day. She seriously made wedding planning so easy and enjoyable! The day of: my bridesmaids and I were pampered and cared for the minute we walked in the door: all day we were provided with anything we needed, drinks, food, etc. Jennifer and Nikki made those hours leading up to the wedding as relaxing as possible! The staff decorated everything so beautifully and my guests are STILL talking about how great the food was! As the third of my family to get married, my entire family has said this was the best of all the venues they've used so far...it is seriously so perfect I could go on for hours! Do yourself a favor and get married here...everything was perfect!!!

PERFECT Wedding!

Reviewed on 7/21/2013 Marquelle M

We recently had our wedding at Swan Point on June 29, 2013 and everything was absolutely perfect! So many of my guests have raved that this was the best wedding they had ever been to! From the early planning stages to the day of, the on-site wedding coordinator, Jennifer, was... Read More responsive, overly helpful, and one of the most organized, efficient people I've ever known. She was honestly a God-send. We would recommend this venue to anyone without hesitation. We honestly couldn't have asked for anything more!

wedding venue

Reviewed on 7/05/2013 Shellita C

I chose this venue because it looked as beautiful in person as it did in the magazine and online. The staff was wonderful to work with! I can't wait to go back for our anniversary.

Best Wedding Ever

Reviewed on 11/08/2012 April H

My friends are still talking about how lavish and gorgeous my wedding was. The staff at Swan Point is wonderful and great to work with. The facility is tucked away from other events so you don't have to worry about your day interfering with other things going on. The food was... Read More amazing and my day was absolutely perfect! Some of my friends used other places on the water and paid 4x what I did! GREAT VALUE!