Cake Accessories, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Cakes + Desserts

9 South Washington, Oxford, MI (248) 628-4210

Sweet and Savory Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 10/06/2013 Amanda P

My mom always orders birthday cakes from Sweet and Savory, so we decided to use them to make our wedding cake. They were very friendly and fun to work with. It was hard choosing which flavor when we taste tested them because they were all so good, but we had yellow cake with... Read More raspberry filling. The wedding cake was absolutely beautiful and sooo delicious - we got so many compliments. They also made a gluten-free chocolate groom's cake for my husband who has to eat gluten-free and it was amazing. Can't wait to enjoy a slice again on our anniversary!

Beautiful and delicious!

Reviewed on 10/06/2013 Ginger R

Absolutely loved our wedding cake! It was gorgeous and absolutely delicious! All of our guests talked about how great the cake was. They have so many choices of flavors to pick from and all of them were wonderful. We were very happy we went with Sweet n Savory and won't go... Read More anywhere else in the future!

Delicious!!

Reviewed on 10/06/2013 Cheryl H

We received so many compliments on our delicious wedding cake! The whole process was relaxed, easy, and lots of fun! The designer I met with was able to make my dream cake a reality. I highly recommend Sweet & Savory!

Reviewed on 8/26/2017 Jessica F

We chose to go with Sweet and Savory based off of the recommendation of our wedding planner. Scott was super sweet. He even kept his shop open late so that my husband could make it for the tasting. I was too busy day off to get a piece of my cake - all my wedding guests said it... Read More was delicious.

Reviewed on 8/25/2017 Paige S

We used Sweet and Savory for our wedding cake and we were so pleased! Scott was amazing to work with and created exactly what I wanted! My cake turned out beautiful and it tasted even better! We chose 3 different flavors and they were all equally delicious! So many guests... Read More complimented our cake! Best cake ever! I cannot recommend Sweet and Savory enough!

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Jacquilyn S

Sweet & Savory Bake Shoppe prepared 4 unique flavored cakes for our wedding, which we used as the centerpieces to 4 of our guest tables. It was a hit! The cakes were beautiful, delicious and the bakery was easy to work with. I planned my wedding from out of state and felt... Read More worry free using this bakery. They provided me with a To Go tasting on a holiday weekend I was in town and other than that we took care of all business via phone. I would highly recommend this family owned business.

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Jenna M

Our cake exceeded my expectations. It was beautiful! It was absolutely delicious as well. My maid of honor couldn't even put her cake down to dance, she took her plate on the dance floor!!! I will go to Sweet and Savory for any bakery needs I may have in the future.

Reviewed on 9/28/2015 Kimberly B

Please do yourself a favor and set up a tasting with Sweet & Savory right now! My husband and I were impressed with Scott and everyone else there from the minute we stepped inside, and only became more impressed with time! We unfortunately ran into major traffic on our drive... Read More over and ended up being late. To add, we were the final appointment of the day so accommodating us meant them staying past close. Being in the service industry ourselves, we felt horrible and understood the inconvenience, but Scott was so incredibly friendly and understanding. We tried the cake and booked them on the spot! It is the most delicious cake we’ve ever tasted. The buttercream icing is so light and the cake is so moist it literally melts in your mouth. Scott worked with us to stay within our budget, and gave us multiple options on how to save money even after we reached a price we were comfortable with. To add to the wonderfulness of this bakery, their customer service is top notch. My parents live out of state and weren’t able to make the initial tasting, but after hearing us rave, really wanted to try some when they were in town. I contacted Sweet & Savory about purchasing a few slices of cake for my parents to taste, and they made us some cupcakes on the house in the flavors we would have at our wedding (vanilla with chocolate buttercream icing and chocolate with buttercream icing; you really don’t have to go specialty to get the awesome factor with this cake!). Of course, my parents (and many guests at our wedding) agreed it was the best cake they’ve tasted, and I was blown away by the thoughtfulness of the bakery! I could go on and on about how much I love this bakery, but I can sum it up by saying the cake is delicious and beautiful, the customer service is wonderful, they were on time and easy to work with, and, considering the quality of the bakery, they are very well priced. My husband and I can’t wait for our anniversary cake (another awesome perk of Sweet & Savory)! I’m sure we’ll find another occasion to celebrate with cake in the meantime.

Stunning Cakes

Reviewed on 9/27/2015 Sarah A

Debbie created a stunning wedding cake for our wedding this past August. I tried the cakes at several bakeries before visiting Sweet & Savory and I could absolutely taste the difference in the quality of ingredients. While a little more expensive than other bakeries, the cake is... Read More completely worth the added cost in both taste and design! We decided on a 4-tier white cake with buttercream frosting and alternating tiers of raspberry filling, lemon curd, and chocolate ganache. Guests raved about all three flavors. My mom and I worked with Debbie and Scott to design our cake. Debbie was away for a few months and we were a little worried about how the cake would turn out, but we should not have been! Debbie completely understood our vision and created a cake even more beautiful than I could have imagined. Thank you, again, Debbie! We can't wait for our anniversary so we can eat some more.

True artisans!

Reviewed on 11/18/2014

Debbie and her staff turned out some exquisite cakes...both beautiful and delicious. She gave us a great taste of all the flavors she's able to create and patiently worked with us to find the right combination. In the end, we got four different cakes and all of them were... Read More superb. And then she so graciously helped serve them up herself for the wedding. As my dad said, 'she's an artisan.'

Best cake I've ever had!

Reviewed on 11/11/2014 Kristen M

This bakery is amazing! Truly talented people!I had a yellow cake with butter cream filling with a raspberry marmalade, and it was to die for! My cake/cupcakes was exactly how I imagined it, and set up exactly how I wanted it! Steve was amazing to work with, and answered all my... Read More questions in a timely manner! He was very patient, and very friendly! I am so glad that I decided to go with this bakery for my big day. The price was very reasonable as well. Thank you Sweet & Savory!

Hombre

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 Logan W

Our cake was beautiful and delicious. My ONLY issue was that we had a custom made hombre cake and it seemed like the color changes happened when the tiers changed, which sort of ruined the hombre effect. I don't know whether that was my fault for not being specific, or whether... Read More they should have known, but regardless that was a minor disappointment. We were totally satisfied otherwise!

Best wedding cake hands down!

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 Lauren R

Sweet & Savory Bake Shop is amazing. Not only are their cakes fantastic, their customer service is top notch. They listened to all of our ideas and offered advice when it came to our wedding cake. We were blown away at our tasting appointment by all of the flavors and verities... Read More we could choose from. They were so accommodating when I requested a special anniversary cake for my parents a month before the wedding. Our wedding cake turned out beautifully and tasted even better. Everyone loved our cake and I recommend them to every bride that I know. I highly recommend Sweet & Savory Bake Shop!

Amazing Cakes and Personalities.

Reviewed on 10/09/2014 Chelsie E

I seriously loved working with sweet and savory, it was one of the best parts of the whole wedding planning experience. The guy that I met with about my wedding cake was so personable and kind. He geniunly cared about my wedding and all the planning aspects of it. He even went... Read More as far as to help suggest other places for us because he was so in love with our elegantly rustic theme. Now the cake, the cake so was amazing!! Everybody has been talking about it how good each different layer was and how beautifully it was decorated. Lets just say that I know i'm supposed to save the top most layer of cake for our one year anniversary but I may have had a few bites each time I go in the fridge. I can't help myself!! Im 100% positive that if you decide to go with them you will love them.

I was speechless!

Reviewed on 9/15/2014 jayme d

I met with the bakers, they sat down and seriously discussed what I wanted for my wedding day, I had a four tier cake and each was a different flavor. They came and set it up, placed real flowers and my cake topper beautifully on the cake, when I walked in and saw it, I was... Read More speechless. It was more than I could have ever hoped for. They also whipped up an amazing hockey themed grooms cake for me in just a weeks time because I had completely forgotten about it. They are amazing!! The superheroes of the cake industry!

Our sons wedding...

Reviewed on 8/13/2014

Debbie and Scott were truly wonderful to work with....Debbie went above and beyond in helping me design this cake to make it everything I wanted , and yet the end result was even more beautiful than I imagined!! And it was as delicious as it was beautiful! I would absolutely... Read More recommend them and use them again for future events.

Delicious!

Reviewed on 6/30/2014 Brittany G

Still receiving compliments on the cake one month later! Absolutely delicious cake and beautiful craftsmanship!

Great tasting beautiful cakes

Reviewed on 10/06/2013 Olivia G

Their cakes taste amazing! I had a cake with a birch tree finish in buttercream frosting on a white cake with raspberry filling and it looked beautiful and tasted amazing! The only draw back is that they are definitely not cheap, but if you go with a smaller cake and get back up... Read More sheet cakes you can save money and still serve a beautiful and great tasting cake.

Outstanding Cakes!!!!

Reviewed on 10/06/2013 Kristine Y

When I went to Sweet & Savory I had an idea of what I wanted my cake to look like. I met with both cake makers and told them what my "vision' was for my wedding cake. When I entered my reception hall on the day of my wedding I was in tears. I could not believe how wonderful of a... Read More job they did with my cake. They brought my vision to life! I had a lot of people come up to me and tell me how beautiful the wedding cake was and how good it was. I even gave a few people their phone number because they all were wondering who made this beautiful and delicious wedding cake. I am so happy we had Sweet & Savory for our wedding, they made my wedding!

Most Beautiful - and Delicious - Cake!!!

Reviewed on 10/06/2013 Tara T

We have had Sweet & Savory make cakes for our engagement party, bridal shower, and of course our wedding. Each time, the cake has been nothing short of a delicious and artfully created masterpiece. So many of our guests raved about how wonderful the cake was (at each occasion!).... Read More The wedding cake in particular was beautifully and thoughtfully designed to go with our theme. And did I mention how AMAZING their cake tastes?? Seriously...I could eat the whole cake by myself! We are so happy we went with S&S and would absolutely recommend it!

DELICIOUS!!

Reviewed on 6/29/2013 Lauren S

My cake turned out BEAUTIFUL!! It tasted amazing and everyone said how delicious it was!! Our baker was sooo accommodating and was willing to go out of her way to get different decorations for our cake and have it looking flawless on our wedding day!! I would definitely... Read More recommend this bakery for anyone on their wedding day!! Or any other occasion!! :)

Yum!

Reviewed on 6/08/2013 Maura Y

My husband and I are so glad that we chose Sweet & Savory for our wedding! They were recommended to us through a friend, and we were really happy with our choice. The staff was professional and friendly, and the cake was AMAZING. Everything from the initial tasting to the... Read More cake design to the delivery and presentation went off without a hitch. I would go with them again in a heartbeat.

Beautiful and Delicious!

Reviewed on 6/05/2013 Kelsea S

Our cake was so delicious that guests wanted to go back for seconds! Sweet and Savory transformed our wedding cake into a beautiful masterpiece. They are very professional yet personable. Would highly recommend!

Fun to work with!!!

Reviewed on 11/15/2012 Kelly B

Kudos to the Sweet and Savory team! We used Sweet and Savory for our wedding cake and beautiful candy bar. We all had fun working with each other and playing around with different ideas. The end result was amazing. The cake tasted wonderful and looked perfect!!!! Ask about the... Read More candy bar !!!!

Delicious

Reviewed on 10/18/2012 Jen L

This was some of the BEST cake I've ever tasted. My husband doesn't like cake, but loved theirs! The staff was so incredibly easy and fun to work with from start to finish. They were very willing to work with us and made any changes we needed without a problem. They are just a... Read More great place to work with and I promise you will eat some of the best cake you've ever had!!