Sweet Memories Bakery

Wake County NC, Durham County NC, Chatham County NC

Cake Accessories, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Cakes + Desserts

Wake County NC, Durham County NC, Chatham County NC (919) 363-1889

Reviewed on 11/20/2016 Kayla H

Our Sweet Memories cake was beautiful and delicious! We chose two flavors (Southern Aristocrat (sweet potato) and Cassata (white with cannoli cream)), and our guests raved about it. We got a little nervous about a month prior to the wedding because communication was a little... Read More slow with the bakery, but they came through for us and we have no complaints.

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Kristin V

Great design and tasted delicious!

Reviewed on 8/22/2016 Caitlin Noelle V

Beautiful Cake! Delicious and the exact design I wanted.

Reviewed on 6/13/2016

The wedding cake was part of a package with the wedding venue. We were charged a "design fee" to design a three layer cake that was basically two round layers and one square layer. The cake was delicious after we paid an upgrade charge for the more expensive flavor - but the... Read More customer service and attitude from the people with whom we dealt left a VERY bad taste in our mouths. It is a shame that such an amazing product has to come with so many complications.

Reviewed on 5/29/2016 Kelly R

Absolutely delicious! All our guests commented on how tasty our cake was (some even went back for seconds!). They have so many delicious flavors to choose from - we honestly had trouble picking. They coordinated so well with our florist and venue that by the time we arrived... Read More everything was already set up and taken care of!

Reviewed on 5/25/2016 Jessica S

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL cake. Really made a huge impact on our special day!

Delicious & Perfect Wedding

Reviewed on 5/05/2015 Allison B

Sweet Memories Bakery created my dream wedding cake. I came in with a few pictures from Pinterest and was able to pick and choose the decor and flavors for the cake. The taste testing was fun, and delicious! We went with a 3 tier cake with Cassada (Amaretto) on the top and... Read More bottom tiers and Dark Chocolate Cappuccino in the middle. I am very pleased with how it turned out. It looked just how I imagined and tasted even better! I love how they provide a fresh made top tier for our 1st anniversary to share. I'll be looking forward to tasting it again! I definitely recommend Sweet Memories Bakery to any bride!

Yummy & Delicious

Reviewed on 12/29/2014

Sweet Memories Bakery is absolutely delicious! They did both our cake and our catering for our wedding. Guests are still complimenting on the food and saying how the cake was the best they had ever had! Donna was wonderful to work with and we enjoyed meeting with her and talking... Read More about all of our different foods. The only issue we had was with the flexibility of the assistant at the bakery. Overall though the food was amazing and it was a pleasure to work with Donna. I would highly recommended both the bakery and the catering to anyone looking for good food at a good price!

Good Cake, Bad Execution

Reviewed on 12/09/2014 Melissa J

When I met with Danielle, I was pleasantly surprised: she sketched the perfect cake that was exactly what we wanted, and the cake tasted great. I was also sold on the fact that I didn't have to freeze my top tier, they would bake an anniversary cake for us on the first... Read More anniversary. So, we went with Sweet Memories. Unfortunately, Sweet Memories did NOT follow-through with what I was expecting from such a well-known and well-reviewed bakery. Our cake was fairly basic (no fondant or intricate details or colors), just white buttercream frosting with white piping "lace-like" swirls and accents. On the top tier, I wanted my husband's and my first initials (M and N) separated by a big ampersand (& sign). Danielle sketched the design, and assured me she knew exactly what to do. On the wedding day, my cake arrived and read "MEN" in all capital letters... There was no ampersand, and nothing resembling an ampersand on the cake, it was definitely just an "E," and our last name does not begin with "E." My event coordinators called the bakery, and were told that "this is what the sketch design shows," so it became obvious that there is a serious disconnect in communication between the designers and the decorators. Danielle obviously did not decorate the cake herself, and did not inform the designers that the symbol she drew was an ampersand. There was no, "I'm sorry for the miscommunication" or suggestion to fix the "E," only "that's what's in the sketch." Luckily, my event coordinators were awesome and took a fondant fleur des lis from the back of the cake, and placed it inside the "E" to make it not look so obviously like an "E." Then it came time for the one year anniversary cake- yay! I was looking forward to some good cake. I would think that they look back at the sketch of your wedding cake and attempt to model the top tier, or at least put something resembling your wedding cake on the anniversary cake. Maybe a "Happy Anniversary." I picked up our cake, and it had RED fondant poinsettias on it...? So, I get it, we got married in December (early December), but my wedding cake was completely WHITE with NO fondant flowers at all and NO Christmas decorations? My anniversary cake is a Christmas cake. Needless to say, I was very disappointed in the fact that they didn't even bother to look back in their books and see what they made for us a year ago. The anniversary cake was a big reason we picked this bakery, so that we would receive a fresh tier of "our" wedding cake. Well, we received fresh cake, but it's careless and doesn't resemble our wedding at all. To summarize, I would not recommend Sweet Memories if you expect attention to detail in your cake, or even attention to you as a customer when you pick up your anniversary cake. The cake is good, but when I'm paying so much for a wedding cake, I expect it to be what I want. I wish I had read some more honest reviews about this bakery before I booked them, so I hope I'm helping someone else in your wedding plans.

Multi Cake Wedding

Reviewed on 10/25/2014 Jennifer D

It was such a pleasure working with Danielle. She's very personable, efficient, timely, and accommodating. We came in with several ideas and she turned them into reality. Instead of having one traditional wedding cake, we opted to have several different types of cakes (six in... Read More total). Each was artfully decorated and delicious. Our guests raved over them, especially the tiramisu. Luckily we live close enough where we can visit the bakery whenever we wish. We really can't say enough good things about Sweet Memories!

Beautiful and Yummy Cake!

Reviewed on 10/09/2014 Katie O

Danielle's cakes are the best! My new husband and I are so happy that we had the opportunity to work with Sweet Memories Bakery to have our wedding cake made. From our first consultation and cake tasting to the day of the wedding, working with Danielle was a breeze. Not only did... Read More they have excellent flavor choices but also several design options as well. Couldn't be happier and they have our highest stamp of approval! Thank you so much!

Beautiful & Yummy!

Reviewed on 5/14/2014 Lindsay U

Our wedding cake was 3 layers and we kept it simple. The cake flavors were so delicious and moist. I was very happy with our choices and the staff was very helpful with design and during our consultation. I would highly recommend them for any of your cake or cupcake needs.

Delicious!

Reviewed on 1/07/2014 Lindsay D

Sweet Memories Bakery created our wedding cake and a groom cake. Danielle was highly responsive and routinely touched base with me as the big day approached to ensure that she was ready to execute my vision. Often times, wedding cake looks better than it tastes, but that was not... Read More the case with ours! The cakes were beautiful and delicious. I would highly recommend working with Sweet Memories Bakery for your wedding cake!

Delicious Wedding Cupcakes

Reviewed on 12/06/2013 Elizabeth B

Wedding cake/cupcakes were included in the price of our venue as they work with Sweet Memories Bakery to provide this service. My husband and I met with Danielle at Sweet Memories and had a great time not only tasting over 10 types of cake but sharing fun stories with each... Read More other. She was wonderful to work with and made a delicious product. We went with wedding cupcakes and then the top tier was a cake made out of their Southern Aristocrat cake (sweet potato cake with white chocolate mouse) which Sweet Memories decorated in a buttercream icing and then made dots in the "hidden mickey" to pay tribute to our Disney Honeymoon. We chose 3 different flavors for the cupcakes; Vanilla, Cappuccino and Southern Aristocrat. Each one was more delicious then the next. We received tons of compliments on not only what a great idea it was to have cupcakes instead of wedding cake but how delicious they were as well. We would absolutely recommend Sweet Memories Bakery to anyone and will definitely be going back in the future.

sooooo GOOD!!

Reviewed on 12/05/2013 Lily J

White chocolate cake is delicious!

YUM x a million

Reviewed on 10/22/2013 Kristen K

DELICIOUS cake!!! Sweet Memories provided our groom's cake for the rehearsal dinner and the wedding cake for the reception. Both cakes were delicious (groom's cake = chocolate with oreo cream filling, wedding cake = tiers of chocolate and vanilla with raspberry filling and... Read More butter cream icing) AND beautiful. Danielle was very responsive and helpful as well!

Great Cake

Reviewed on 7/03/2013 Caitlyn D

Loved everything about my experience with Sweet Memories-- I chose the flavor and described my vision and they took care of the rest! Our raspberry cream and chocolate layer cake was delicious, and beautiful to boot!

Taste just like a piece of Heaven

Reviewed on 7/03/2013 Tameka T

Sweet Memories Bakery was the second and final cake tasting I experienced. The flavor selections were awesome! I had such a hard time deciding. I enjoyed the texture of the frosting as well as the moistness of the cake. My cake tasting went very smooth and the staff was very... Read More pleasant and professional. The first bite of our wedding cake on our wedding day reminded me of my cake tasting with Sweet Memories Bakery! It was just as fresh, moist, and scrumptious! We received a lot of raves about her wedding cake.

Sweet Memories-Yum! :)

Reviewed on 6/03/2013 Carolena N

Sweet Memories did an amazing job with my wedding cake and dessert bar! Everything was delicious and Danielle was wonderful to work with throughout the planning process!

Awesome Wedding Cake!

Reviewed on 2/06/2013 Julia S

Danielle was amazing to work with, very creative and flexible! Sweet Memories made my wedding cake beautiful and it tasted great! They also did my Groom's cake which we had for the rehearsal dinner, also amazing with great detail! I would definitely recommend Sweet Memories... Read More Bakery to any future brides as well as for any other functions needing cake!!

So yummy and beautiful!

Reviewed on 12/02/2012 Ashley H

Sweet Memories Bakery made the PERFECT cake for my wedding. I wanted a cake that was entirely fall themed with pumpkins, leaves, and a fall inspired flavor. They had plenty of choices for us and we decided to go with their sweet potato cake (which was amazing)! The design was... Read More also exactly what we had hoped for. I highly recommend this bakery for your wedding!

Awesome Cupcakes!!!

Reviewed on 11/18/2012 Meghan M

Sweet Memories did a great job, our cupcakes and 2 tier cake were so tasty and amazing! It was so much fun doing our tasting with them and trying to narrow down all of the great flavors they offer. They did a great job and we can't wait to go back to the bakery to get cupcakes... Read More and remember our special day! We would highly recommend using Sweet Memories for your wedding!

Delicious

Reviewed on 11/17/2012 Caroline F

My cake was beautiful and tasted amazing!! I just wish I was able to taste more than a bite!! We look forward to our one year anniversary when this give us a complimentary cake topper to eat!! Danielle was so great to work with!!

Yum! Thank you Danielle

Reviewed on 11/05/2012 Robin Y

Our Sweet Memories cake was beautiful and delicious! Danielle was a pleasure to work with, helping us figure out exactly what we wanted our cake to look like. This was one of the easiest steps in the whole wedding process.

DELISH

Reviewed on 11/04/2012 Hadley N

Some of my friends are still talking about our cupcakes, and have gone to the bakery to get more! The cake was amazing!! My only concern was that some times it was hard to get in touch with the folks there, but over all they were very helpful! It was also pretty hard to cut the... Read More cake because it had a cardboard piece that was smaller than the cake underneath so I didnt know it was there. It was REALLY hard to pull the piece of cake out. but it was super tasty!

Start a Conversation!