Designer Wedding Cakes and Cupcakes

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Vegan

Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Cakes + Desserts

5013 France Ave South, Minneapolis, MN

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Liz S

The custom cake we had was amazing! SO easy to work with and keep within our budget. The cake was really important to us and was something we wanted to display as more of an art piece and we are so happy we chose Sweet Retreat. We also used their cupcakes for dessert and... Read More received many compliments from guests. Such a great vendor!

Reviewed on 10/10/2015

Sweet Retreat was great to work with, offers many options, and creates delicious cakes. We loved that the cake was more unique than your standard wedding cake, and tasted much better. Once we picked what we wanted, I didn't have to worry about much else. Cake arrived day of, and... Read More once our florist put her touch on it, was beautiful.

Tasty and Beautiful Cake

Reviewed on 7/15/2015 Kelly T

Sweet Retreat was wonderful to work with and offered everything we were looking for in a cake. We wanted to have a beautiful yet simple cake, with a variety of flavor options at a reasonable cost. Sweet Retreat offered all these things. The manager was also great to work with... Read More and she took care of everything once we told her what we liked. The only complaint we had was if you want to try a seasonal flavor, you need to either wait until that's offered or buy a small cake with that flavor, which got expensive for us. But all in all, the cake turned out great. We went with 3 different flavors and they all turned out so good!

Star wars win, amazing detail

Reviewed on 7/12/2015 Andrea F

Met with sweet retreat to plan a surprise star wars themed cake for my husband. They were great to work with, helped brainstorm ideas and decide what the cake should look like. They even found light-up chopstick lightsabers on amazon to add for decor! We had decided on a... Read More death star for the top portion, and the final product did not disappoint! The amount of detail they were able to accomplish was simply outstanding. I was able to keep it a full secret from my husband, and when he finally saw it didn't even want to cut into the cake because it looked so great!! We ended up saving quite a bit, but the layer we did cut we heard nothing but good things about the cake itself. Would definitely recommend for any form of wedding or groom's cake, cannot go wrong.

Delicious, beautiful cakes!

Reviewed on 7/10/2015

We got our wedding cakes from Sweet Retreat, and it was a fabulous decision! A couple of friends had recommended them, having had their cake from there, as well. They were happy to work with whatever we wanted to do, and they even accommodated our request to do a couple sheet... Read More cakes and a small layer cake in...Funfetti! The choice was a bit of a risk, since it's a flavor they make, but it's not one they sell in the shop, so it wasn't available for tasting. It ended up being one of the things most complimented about our wedding. "The cake was sooo good!" "We loved the cake!" "I had two slices of the cake!" "Your cake was so cute!" And it seems kind of unusual for anyone to even talk about the cake! And not only that, but working with them was super pleasant and easy, and the price was very reasonable, even including super slick delivery to our venue on the day of the wedding! Extremely happy with our decision, and we will definitely be looking to them for future cake things. Yay!

PBR Grooms Cake

Reviewed on 11/19/2014 Diana Y

I contacted Sweet Retreat to create a surprise PBR Grooms Cake for me (my husband collects PBR), and they knocked it outta the park. Not only did they create a PRB Tall Boy Can that looked nothing like a cake, and everything like an actual beer can, but they also customized the... Read More cake with our names and wedding date. To top it off, the cake was delicious as well!

Good cupcakes

Reviewed on 10/23/2014

Everything was flawless. Used their cupcake stand, and it looked nice

Cutest Groom Cupcakes!

Reviewed on 10/02/2014 Jane B

I ordered surprise groom cupcakes through Sweet Retreat and could not have been more impressed! I picked out the flavors I wanted and was able to have them print pictures on edible paper with my grooms favorite things to place on top of each cupcake! They turned out great, my... Read More groom was so surprised and best part of all they are DELICIOUS!!! I highly recommend them!

Amazing Cake!

Reviewed on 9/14/2014 Jamie N

We had a great experience using sweet retreat bakery for or wedding cake! We ordered two different flavors: almond and strawberry balsamic. Our guests RAVED about the cake and many said it was the best wedding cake they have ever had. The staff was professional and always very... Read More quick to respond to our emails, as we were planning the wedding long distance. While this bakery may cost more than others in the area, it was worth every cent. We are looking forward to our one year anniversary so we can enjoy more delicious cake and would not hesitate to purchase from sweet retreat again in the future.

Sweet Retreat - Delicious

Reviewed on 9/03/2014 Elizabeth T

We decided to go with cupcakes for our guests and sweet retreat provided a ton of options for us to choose from! The cupcakes were a hit and I plan to go back on occasion just to remind myself how awesome they were :) We also had a small cake for us to cut during the reception... Read More and it was equally as delicious as the cupcakes. Let's just say that cake wouldn't have lasted to our first anniversary, and it didn't! I think my husband and I ate it in 3 days!

Sweet Retreat

Reviewed on 8/03/2014 Stacy S

We used Sweet Retreat for our wedding in July 2014. I would highly recommend them as the place to get your next cake! The have TONS of different flavors and are very flexable in what you are looking for.

Great place to work with!

Reviewed on 7/27/2014 Rachel M

Sweet Retreat took a concept we had and made the most beautiful cake! They were actually much more reasonably priced than we originally thought too!

wedding cupcakes

Reviewed on 7/11/2014 Laura B

The cupcakes were a big hit at our wedding. We had the red velvet, s'more, and chocolate chunk. They were scrumptious.

Reviewed on 3/05/2014 meredith

Everything was as expected! Cake was delicious and everyone loved the cupcakes. Very cute!

Great cupcakes!

Reviewed on 2/19/2014 Sara M

Sweet retreat made our cupcakes and small cutting cake. They had some really fun flavors to choose from and the cupcakes were soooooo yummy.

Our cupcake/cake ball tree was a hit,

Reviewed on 10/15/2013 Kat K

Everything was tasty - we had so many compliments on the cupcakes and cakeballs! We were lucky to have some left over to sample the next day! Sweet Retreat was extremely responsive and timely, but even more, their desserts were second-to-none!

Delicious Cupcakes

Reviewed on 10/07/2013 Kailey H

We had a 6 inch cake and cupcakes set up on a tier and they were beautiful and tasted awesome. Everyone raved about how delicious the cupcakes were and what unique flavors we had. Lauren was a great contact, very responsive and completely transformed my idea into a reality.

Reviewed on 9/16/2013 Britney B

Underwhelmed by the cake. The design didn't pop. The flavor was good, but the design lacked.

Wedding cake and cupcakes

Reviewed on 9/11/2013 Melissa P

We went with the cupcake tier and a 6 inch cake for cutting. everything turned out beautiful and unbelievably delicious! Lauren was so nice at our initial tasting and meeting and followed up with us to make sure everything was the way we wanted it.

Best Cupcakes

Reviewed on 7/10/2013 Diana

We did our mini cupcakes from them and they were great. We tried a lot of cake and these were really great and they will work with you on colors and decorations as much as you want.

Memorial weekend and baseball!

Reviewed on 6/10/2013 Becky H

Like seriously, the BEST cupcakes you will ever eat!! Lauren was friendly and great to work with. Had a couple of tasting appointments when different seasonal flavors came out. She helped us pick out a candy baseball decoration for some of our items to go with our theme too.

wedding cake

Reviewed on 11/05/2012 Jenni E

sweet retreat has the most amazing flavored cake/cupcakes! we ordered sheet cake, which was very cost effective without losing the quality and flavors. the only issue we had was that they did actually brought one wrong flavor, but it was still delicious!

INCREDIBLE cupcakes!

Reviewed on 10/17/2012 Kate S

Sweet Retreat has been a super easy vendor to work with for our wedding. Curt was our contact throughout the process & he was available to answer questions and helped the process by emailing me confirmation of my signed documents when we defined the proposal a few weeks before... Read More the wedding. Delivery is a set fee no matter how many cupcakes you buy, so it was a little unfortunate for us there since we had a very small wedding, but it was worth it in the end. Cupcakes were delivered on time and were absolutely amazing! Our guests RAVED about them! Iā€™m very happy we worked with them for our event!

Reviewed on 10/02/2012 Janet S

This place was fantastic from the very beginning--cake tasting was fun and delicious. They created our cake based off of a picture that we provided and it was perfect and VERY delicious! Everyone talked about it being the best cake they had EVER tasted and I completely agree!

Reviewed on 9/24/2012 Liz G

Loved our cake, it was very simple, tasted amazing and was done on a tight timeline. Have recommended them to others and will be using them for all my events moving forward!