$$

Cake Accessories, Cake Tastings

10 W Benson St, Reading, OH

Amazing Cake!

Reviewed on 7/09/2013 Katelyn R

We had our cake made to be beach-themed and it turned out wonderful. She put brown sugar on it for sand and tied in our colors with blue ribbon around each layer. It had white chocolate sea shells as well. The cake was german chocolate and it was absolutely amazing. All of... Read More our guests loved how beautiful it was and how great it tasted! Perfect!

GREAT wedding cake destination!

Reviewed on 11/29/2012 Amber S

Sweet Water Bakehouse was a great choice for us when it came to picking our vendor for our wedding cake! They are one of the most affordable cake vendors in our area and strive to make exactly what you like! They scheduled us for a tasting before we made any commitments and it... Read More was the BEST cake I have every eaten. They have so many choices that my biggest complaint is that I could not chose which ones I wanted! The cake itself looked beautiful and was decorated exactly like I asked. The delivered exactly on time and made it a point to let me know everything on their end that day was going as planned. I heard that at most weddings a lot of the cake gets left over, not at ours...we had 250 people, made a cake for 250 people and TWO slices were left over!

Very disappointed

Reviewed on 9/24/2012 Sarah H

When we had met Becca for our tasting, we had decided on a certain style of cake that she had in her gallery as well as what flavors and fillings that we had wanted for our special day. She did a good job on communicating with me when I had questions and she was very... Read More professional with her business, which was nice to work with. I did not have to follow up with her constantly, so that was a relief with some other vendors I had dealt with. However, at the end I chose a different style of cake from her cake gallery because I was unable to find ribbon and lace that looked like the same style she had in the picture she provided in her gallery. On our wedding day, however, the cake portrayed something of a birthday cake. It looked like nothing like the picture. I had chose an ivory buttercream, 3 tiers, with ivory and white fondant pearls surrounded each tier. The cake looked like a huge lump of ivory with no definition at all and granted I had a smaller wedding of only 75 people, but I have seen larger cakes for the same amount of people coming out of Walmart's bakery. The one thing that my then fiance and I were so excited about, was the filling that she provided for no additional cost, we had chose Raspberry to go throughout the cake, we did not get that on our wedding day. So to sum it up, the cake was decent, appearance poor and not what we had expected and it was not what we had ordered as far as flavor/filling. By her professional persona, I felt comfortable that she was on it, but somehow some issues slipped through the cracks.

Delicious

Reviewed on 9/03/2012 Lucy O

Our guests' complimented our cake and took down their information. The cake sampling was fun. Cake tasting was great as becca was so helpful and friendly. We loved the cake filling and obviously the price.

Very Pleased

Reviewed on 7/12/2012 Lauren

Sweet Water Bakehouse was great! The cake was delicious and Becca was great to work with. She was attentive, to the point, and responsive to questions or concerns. I would recommend Sweet Water Bakehouse to future brides looking for a delicious and beautiful cake for a... Read More reasonable price.

Good Cake

Reviewed on 6/27/2012 Jennifer N

My husband tried every cake at one of the bridal shows and decided that this was the best cake. He especially loved her cookies n cream cake. I was a little turned off when she raised her prices the week that we met with her and wouldn't give us the old prices. (We had been... Read More emailing for a week or two to prior to meeting and the price increase was never mentioned.) Her free delivery is kind of a joke as well. She gives free delivery for up to 10 miles. Anywhere downtown is just over 10 miles. Overall, cake was great and service was ok.

delicious

Reviewed on 6/23/2012 Kelli R

The cake was a true masterpiece and tasted even better :) We live out of town and Becca worked with us over email a lot and got the exact design we wanted!

Tasty tasty cake

Reviewed on 6/05/2012 Jenny M

The cake at Sweet Water is to die for. The hazelnut is amazing. The design was also beautiful and she got the colors done perfectly. I wanted a cream color with a dark purple and she match it to a tee. Wonderful wonderful shop with lots of great flavors. Not to mention the... Read More wonderful and sweet staff there as well. Highly recommended.

Excellent, excellent, excellent!

Reviewed on 1/27/2012 Katie F

Becca was wonderful to work with. She was very responsive, friendly and, most importantly, made us a gorgeous, delicious cake that was identical to my inspiration picture. I highly recommend Sweetwater Bakehouse and will absolutely purchase more cakes from Becca!

Disappointing.

Reviewed on 1/21/2012 Elisabeth H

I hate to have to write bad things about Sweet Water, but I have to, because unfortunately Becca managed to mess up not one, but two cakes for my wedding weekend. I was so excited when we tasted her cake and visited her in her cake shop on Benson. I loved the cake, icing and... Read More fillings,and clearly, from her design book she is immensely talented, so I'm not sure what happened during our wedding weekend. The first problem occurred when my mom and I went in to design the wedding cake. I brought in my invitation and save the date and told Becca about my wedding theme and what I wanted in a cake, but she was unable to come up with a design, so I ended up choosing one out of her book. Which was fine, but disappointing as I really wanted a custom,individual cake. The second problem occurred with the grooms cake. I had ordered a surprise cake in the shape of Ohio with various fondant cut-outs of places and things in Ohio that are special to my husband. Unfortunately, when we arrived at the rehearsal dinner (where the surprise cake was waiting for my groom and I) it looked ridiculous. There were four, very poorly,cut out fondant placards, and that was it. It was a joke. The third problem occurred on my wedding day. My cake was supposed to have sugar icicles on top of the cake and coming down the cake as decoration. I actually saw Becca bringing the cake in and setting it up before I headed out with my bridal party for pictures. Unfortuantley she failed to mention to me, my bridal party, my day-of coordinator, my mom, or the site coordinator that she had broken the icicles at her bakery and didn't have time to remake them. So when I came back from pictures the cake was set-up sans icicles and Becca was gone. It was unbelievably unprofessional,and extremely disappointing. The cake looked pretty, however, it wasn't what we had paid for - the icicles were the most prominent part of the design. I will say that the cake was delicious and her pricing is reasonable. However, I can not recommend Sweet Water Bakehouse based on my wedding weekend experience with her. I even emailed her about these issues after I returned from my honeymoon and her response was a short two sentences that said she cares about customer service and would be happy to make us a free cake. Sadly, I wanted my cakes for our wedding weekend, and a cake now does me no good.

excellent

Reviewed on 11/21/2011 Trena J

We met with Becca as the Sweetwater Bakehouse in the heart of the Reading Bridal district. Once we tasted Becca’s cakes we stopped our cake search. We were very impressed with the flavors and the fact that there was cream between the layers instead of a jelly filling. Becca... Read More was extremely professional and we were comfortable leaving our cake in her hands. The cake was beautiful and everyone loved it! Great job Becca !

YUM!

Reviewed on 10/05/2011 Alicia L

Becca did an amazing job on our cake. Although we only got to taste the cake we fed each other that night, guests were telling us that night how delicious it was. The next day we were able to have all three flavors and it tasted sooo good. It was still fresh and moist! Her... Read More homemade butter cream icing was also very delicious. Becca was so easy to work with and she did an excellent job. She is highly recommended by my husband and I!

MOIST AND DELICIOUS!

Reviewed on 10/02/2011 Erin R

Becca did an AMAZING job our wedding cake! We never looked anywhere else after our personalized tasting. She baked three cake flavors and fillings just for us and even made an opera cream filling special for our wedding. The cake was delicious and was nearly all gone! The... Read More cookies and cream with cookies and cream filling is awesome! LOVED IT!

Reviewed on 7/30/2011 Candice S

Becca is a sweetheart and great to work with. We gave her a design for the cake and she did a great job. We chose chocolate cake, which was delicious, and red velvet, which was slightly disappointing. Overall, the cake was worth it and it looked beautiful.

YUMMY!!

Reviewed on 7/19/2011 Minna A

Becca was nothing less than FANTASTIC when it came to our wedding cakes! I gave her pictures with ideas of what we wanted, and she recreated them perfectly! Not only did they look beautiful, but they tasted great! The cookies and cream were our favorite! Our guests have... Read More commented about the cakes, saying they were possibly the best wedding cakes they had ever had! Becca was always quick to respond to any questions that I had throughout the process. I can't wait for our anniversary so that we can get another cake!

Best wedding cake ever!

Reviewed on 7/07/2011 Katie P

My husband and I chose Sweetwater for our wedding last month. We liked her because of the interesting flavors that she offered (we chose cookies and cream and hazelnut with Nutella) and her willingness to make a custom cake flavor from a family recipe. She was very... Read More professional when we met in person. Very kind and not pushy at all, willing to work within our budget, and helpful. When we got to the reception, the cake was everything I'd hoped it would be. Textured ivory buttercream with fresh flowers on top. The best part was eating it, though! My husband and I only got to eat what we fed to each other because the guests consumed the ENTIRE CAKE and then raved about how good it was. Some of them even said that they normally hate wedding cake because it's bland and dry, but they complimented the flavors, the texture, the icing... everything. Thanks Sweetwater for the wonderful service and delicious cake!

Reviewed on 7/04/2011 Kathleen M

We've been to several weddings with really good cake, but this was the best cake we've ever had! It looked beautiful and tasted great! We can't wait till our anniversary so we can have more!

NOT GOOD at ALL!!

Reviewed on 6/28/2011 Angela B

I was originally impressed with all that Becca had to offer. I thought the cake was affordable for what we wanted and the flavors were good too. On my wedding day I arrived at our reception only to find that our initials on our cake looked like a first grader had scribbled them... Read More on(so bad I didn't buy any pictures of our cake because the handwriting was that BAD)- Can we say fondant would have been a better choice. Also, one of her specialties is that she will make you an anniversary cake on your 1 year anniversary. I e-mailed her the week of my anniversary to ask about the cake-only to find out that she needs at least a month to make it. After going back and forth for 4 days trying to set a pick up time to get our cake (2 weeks after our anniversary) we finally have the cake. REALLY- she needed a months notice to make an anniversary cake the size of a cupcake. Needless to say, my wedding cake was not what I imagined. Overall the cake was pretty(except the letters) and some of the flavors were good, but there are many better options out there for the money.

cookies 'n cream wedding!

Reviewed on 6/02/2011 Allison C

This place was fantastic for our wedding cake. We stopped by the store to take a look, and it's so super cute. Purple walls, cute decor, it was like a little shop you'd see featured on food network. :) Becca was totally welcoming and open to our suggestions and recommended... Read More flavors for us. We had lots of compliments on the cake for our special day. I highly recommend!

Best Flavors and Best Price

Reviewed on 1/03/2011 Lisa C

We tasted lots of cakes at bridal shows and got recommendations from friends, and picked a few places to go for real tastings. From the places we tried, Becca had the best tasting flavors, and was the least expensive! Besides the cake being delicious, she was very easy to work... Read More with. Before our wedding, we had already recommended her to two other brides, who chose to use her for their weddings too. We were happy to have more Sweet Water Bakehouse cake at our friends' weddings!

OMG Becca's awesome!

Reviewed on 11/18/2010 MEGAN S

Becca has a true talent for making amazing cakes. Everyone at our reception commented on how much they loved it. She wasn't afraid of buttercream (it looked as smooth as fondant), and tasted fantastic. Also, she made sure to send the contract with specifications ahead of the 2... Read More week window to allow for changes, which I really appreciated. (Forgot that not everyone likes chocolate, and wanted to include a layer that didn't have it). Overall, Becca made it such a wonderful process. p.s. we had a layer leftover after, and we froze it... just took it to a party last weekend and it tasted just like it did at the recep!

A GREAT experience and cake!

Reviewed on 10/19/2010 Kim D

I very much enjoyed working with Becca and loved the final cake - from both a taste and design perspective! We received many compliments at the reception on the cake as well and I'm looking forward to ordering from her in the future! She was very professional (quick to respond... Read More and communicated when she would be out of town before the wedding and confirmed that everything was moving along smoothly). Working with people/vendors that you like on your wedding day is extremely important and Becca met all of our expectations.

Very simple process

Reviewed on 10/05/2010 Amanda M

She made this a very smooth and easy process. We didnt have a lot of money to spend on a cake, but she helped us to get the cake we wanted at an affordable price. The cake was amazing looking, tasted great, and arrived on time. What more can you ask for?

Delicious!

Reviewed on 9/11/2010 Caylah R

Sweet Water Bake House is such a cute little place in the Reading Bridal District. You do have to make an appointment for a tasting and such as there isnt a walk-in option. The cake I ordered- raspberry marble w/ whipped rasp. filling and marble with choc. soufle filling was... Read More DELICIOUS!!! They are affordable, less expensive than most bakers in the bridal district.

Sweet Perfection!

Reviewed on 9/10/2010 Shannon W

Everyone should visit Becca at Sweet Water! The cake was so moist and delicious and her homemade fondant was the best I have ever tasted. I told Becca my ideas and gave her a little sketch of what I wanted and the cake came out absolutely perfect. I couldn't have asked for... Read More anything better!

TO Sweet Water Bakehouse