Sycuan Golf Resort

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

The Sycuan Golf Resort, located in El Cajon, California, is home to three award-winning golf courses and is a popular wedding venue. The vacation property is owned by the Sycuan Band of the Kumeyaay Nation and offers a variety of customized packages that make it ideal for large and small wedding ceremonies and receptions; the various venues in the resort can hold from 20 to 600 guests.

The Palm. The Palm banquet hall is the smallest of six options. In total, the Palm measures 595 square feet and comfortably fits 30 guests.

Olive. The Olive banquet hall is slightly larger than the Palm. At 646 square feet, up to 40 guests have plenty of room to move around.

Laurel. Sycuan's Laurel banquet hall comfortably seats 60 guests. The room measures 946 square feet and can be combined with the Magnolia Hall to allow for more space and guests.

The Garden Room. The Garden Room is popular with many couples because it lets friends and family enjoy the gardens surrounding the resort while not requiring them to be outside. The Garden Room is designed for 100 guests and measures about 1,100 square feet.

Magnolia. The Magnolia banquet hall on its own measures 1,728 square feet and has capacity for 110 guests. The Magnolia room is easily combined with the Laurel room to make space for 200 guests.

Garden Patio. The Garden Patio is the only completely outdoor venue for ceremonies and receptions at the resort. Couples who choose to have their ceremony or reception on the Sycuan Golf Resort's Garden Patio enjoy the meticulously well-kept gardens. This space holds up to 600 people.

When selecting the Sycuan Golf Resort for your wedding ceremony or reception, or both, you can choose one of five all-service packages. Each of these packages is customizable to meet your taste, budget and number of guests. Opt for buffet or plated dinners from a variety of menus. For some packages, the bridal couple can stay for one to two nights in a suite at the resort. A beautifully appointed garden gazebo is available for your wedding ceremony, and audio equipment is offered for the officiant.

The Sycuan Band of the Kumeyaay Nation is dedicated to constantly making building and landscape upgrades to this golf resort. When visiting the Sycuan Golf Resort, various extra perks are offered.

• Beautiful vista views

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

3007 Dehesa Road, El Cajon, CA (619) 219-6074

Couldn't Be Happier!!

Reviewed on 3/27/2014 Shannon W

Such a beautiful venue, AMAZING food and service, accommodated all of our needs, quick responses on all questions asked, and overall SUPERB wedding venue. Our wedding was everything I dreamed it would be thanks to Ashley Sapp and the staff.

2014-03-28T17:43:28 Response from the vendor

So happy to hear this, Shannon! It was wonderful working with you and you deserved nothing less! Congrats again!

Brittany

Reviewed on 10/15/2013 Brittany M

The venue is a beautiful place and looks great in pictures. Ashley is very helpful and quick to respond to any questions.

Fantastic Venue

Reviewed on 10/16/2012 Jessica A

I was amazed how beautiful my wedding turned out at Sycuan! I got married in late September, we had a evening ceremony and had the rehearsal on the patio.We didnt even had to decorate that much because the surrounds were great looking to begin with. Every guest said it was... Read More absolutely beautiful. Everyone on the staff was so helpful. I would recommend this venue to any bride.

Reviewed on 7/06/2016 Caitlyn K

Our stay at Sycuan was absolutely amazing!!!! I had booked a hotel block at Sycuan for my wedding guests as well as wedding party. We had such a great time and everything worked out perfectly especially since we all had a chance to relax before and after the wedding. The... Read More rooms are spacious, the food and drinks are delicious, the pools are nice, the whole resort is stunningly beautiful and everyone is very helpful. Booking the hotel block was easy and Jessica was great to work with throughout the process. She made sure to update me on availability and got back to all my questions with 24 hours. I will definitely be back for a staycation sometime soon! Oh, and they have free cookies in the lobby! NOTE: This review does not include the actual golf course, which is a beautiful backdrop.

Great Place to Be Wed

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 eleanor m

My spouse and I researched for weeks for a wedding venue and found this awesome Jewel in East County. It is a true value in that all the packages include excellent food and a great place for a reception. The gazebo is a great place to get married and the landscape of a vast... Read More array of flowers is a beautiful backdrop that your guests will enjoy, and so did we. Ashley is the bomb and is very responsive. The staff puts you at ease and is very helpful. Our package came with a suite overlooking the golf course. Awesome.

Warning: Unprofessional Experience!

Reviewed on 9/22/2012 Lexi A

I had very high hopes for my outdoor wedding in the botanical garden.We were assured that Sycuan had onsite security to prevent outside guests from entering our event.We were also assured that our family would be able to check into the hotel early in the afternoon the day of the... Read More ceremony. My mother in law and immediate family were denied access until 4:30pm. The ceremony started at 5 so my family had no time to get ready!!! I would like to warn you that the outdoor area is accessible to all visitors. We had two sets of party crashers who attempted to take party favors, drink wine from our tables and dance around the dance floor.The security was no where in sight! My cousin had to act as security to escort them out. Our keepsake cake topper was broken by Sycuan staff, with no apology or compensation.The top tier of the cake was never cut, dispersed, or compensated for. We made 2 complaints (1 to the Chief of Sycuan Indian Reservation) and never received a response. I'm usually not one to complain about service, in fact this is my first ever review I've ever posted. I just thought everyone out there should know that this venue is not worth the money, time or stress!!!!!

2012-10-01T17:35:19 Response from the vendor

We appreciate your comments and are truly sorry about the less than exceptional experiences on your wedding day – we host hundreds of wedding receptions and this is certainly not our “norm.” If we can correct the issue with the broken cake topper we certainly... Read Less Read More

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 7/17/2012 Heather H

I could not have pictured a more perfect venue. The food they served was amazing, they were responsive, and it is a very good value. I recommend it!

Meet The Manager

Ashley Walter

Hello and congratulations on your recent engagement! I'm Ashley, Catering Sales Manager here at Sycuan Resort, which I like to call the best hidden gem in the East County area of San Diego. I have worked at Sycuan for over three years, but have been in the wedding and event industry for over 13. I would love to meet you and your fiance and have you out for a tour of our beautiful property and hear all about your special day!